Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kahr PM9

Went to the range yesterday and shot my Kahr PM9 for the first time. I bought it for my wife as her primary CCW weapon. Action is smooth and the recoil is minimal. But I have a few questions for anyone here that may have experience with this handgun.

1. Any recommendations for modifying the grips?

2. Who has the best CCW holster for this model? I have searched all over the internet and have not had much success in finding a paddle holster that I like. I'm planning on buying a second PM9 for myself.

Thanks

Personaly I avoid holster's . I wrap some rubber bands around the grip and just slip it into the waist band. The rubber bands stop it from slipping and also help with the grip. Can be used with or with out a belt.

• Upvote 1

Personaly I avoid holster's . I wrap some rubber bands around the grip and just slip it into the waist band. The rubber bands stop it from slipping and also help with the grip. Can be used with or with out a belt.

Thats great for the shooter who`s been carrying for years. I also use the Mexican carry now and again(that's what this is called) BUT for a novice that's just starting out. PLEASE disregard that info. It`s extremely dangerous for beginners to carry in this fashion. Your wife if she`s just starting out isn't going to be doing any fast drawing for a while so her purse is the ideal place to keep her weapon till she puts in the range time to gain the experience she needs. Or they make very fashionable clothes now for women that have gun hide aways. If your looking for a holster for yourself and do not like the pancakes. They are making some really nice light wieght shoulder rigs now that are comfertable

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the answers guys.

The holster is for me. My wife carries in her purse. I'm typically in shorts most of the time and where I live, only lawyers and preachers wear suits so a shoulder rig is out of the question.

Check these out you can cut them off for cutoffs and leave a set full length

Concealed carry jeans

The holster is for me. My wife carries in her purse. I'm typically in shorts most of the time and where I live, only lawyers and preachers wear suits so a shoulder rig is out of the question.

Not "all" preachers wear suits!!! wink.gif

machinegunpreacher-final.jpg

Edited by RodandStaff

Actually there are some questions that need to be answered before getting a holster. Are you driving a great deal? Do you sit a lot? How is your back? If you drive a lot and want your weapon with you than a cross draw might be worth considering in that it is out of the way when you get in and out of your car and it is easier to get to from a sitting position. If you walk more than sit you want to make sure it is a holster that is not going to give and move as you walk. A good belt might also be worth considering. If you have a bad back like I do you either have to look at a lighter side carry weapon or a shoulder holster. A shoulder holster will divide the weight of the weapon across a larger muscle group then the low back and hips. Do you wear a suit often or slacks. If you have more to cover the holster with then a larger holster is available but if you normally wear sports clothes then that must be considered. Many people think that you just get a holster that fits the gun. But you also have to get a holster that fits the shooter, the lifestyle as well as the weapon.

I really like the Fobus paddle holster. I have one for my ruger LC and for my springfield. The paddle holster is great for me. I rarely wear a belt, and the holster stays on fine-even on the draw. I can even wear it with elastic waist pants. I googled it's available for yous too. :D

My pastor carries!

Mine too, a Salvation Army Pastor, esp. since one of the Army Kettle Drive Collectors was shot and killed for what was in the red kettles at Christmas... nothing is sacred anymore to a crook, so yes, as Louis L Amour said in one of his books.... "Trust in the Lord, and keep your powder dry!" wink.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

Mine too, a Salvation Army Pastor, esp. since one of the Army Kettle Drive Collectors was shot and killed for what was in the red kettles at Christmas... nothing is sacred anymore to a crook, so yes, as Louis L Amour said in one of his books.... "Trust in the Lord, and keep your powder dry!" wink.gif

My dad was with the Salvation Army and I remember watching him take his .38 stub out of the desk drawer and slipping it in his hip pocket. He carried it religiously (pardon the pun).

• Upvote 2

That's one young lady who won't get messed around with Sportfisher!!! laugh.gif

gun-spray-tan-tattoo.jpg

As far as the "other holsters" you showed... well, let's just say a gal is gonna have to be well endowed to pull those off. Otherwise the purse or fanny pack or inner pocket on a pants model would work best. wink.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

HA HA HA What country do you live in??????? Just one word of advice...Stay outta the American airports when you are packing. You get caught and you loose your licence to carry (you know...that probably holds true for schools too...)

:peace:

I wear shorts all the time, but I wear a larger shirt, I personally prefer hip holster. My shirt conceals it rather well, and don't have to worry about hangups trying to get it out

HA HA HA What country do you live in??????? Just one word of advice...Stay outta the American airports when you are packing. You get caught and you loose your licence to carry (you know...that probably holds true for schools too...)

:peace:

Yes it does include schools. In NC a parent went into the office to take care of some business... once he got there he realized he had his riffle in his truck (you are allowed to have an upholstered riffle in plain sight in NC)... but like a fool instead of just leaving pronto, he decided to tell the "officials" at the school of his mistake. They arrested him and threw the book at him. So yes, be careful where you go with your weapon, there may just be some places that are no longer safe for you to go if they won't let you carry... just sayin!!!wink.gif

Slightly off topic, but I own a Kahr CW9 and it ticks me off to no end at the range. The thing consistently hits 4-5 inches lower than any other handgun I own at 25 feet.

Any other CW9 owners out there experience the same thing, is the PM9 accurate, did I just get a lemon in this particular gun?

Cheers!

Slightly off topic, but I own a Kahr CW9 and it ticks me off to no end at the range. The thing consistently hits 4-5 inches lower than any other handgun I own at 25 feet.

Any other CW9 owners out there experience the same thing, is the PM9 accurate, did I just get a lemon in this particular gun?

Cheers!

The PM9 has a long trigger draw and subsequently I was shooting a few inches to the left of center. After about 50 rounds I had good groupings at about one inch from left of center. Granted, this is shooting in a non stress situation and the first time firing this weapon. I obviously need more range time and fortunately my neighbor has a nice area to shoot in where I can practice under "stress". I like to run a fast mile followed by about 20 eight count body builders and then fire the weapon.

As far as your model Adam I do not know. When I researched PM9 online I didn't find a lot of negative reviews about it. FYI, I have small hands and if this pistol were any smaller I think I would have problems with it. The PM9 is truelly a CCW weapon, I purchased this one from a deputy sherriff that used it as his back up weapon.

Cheers!

You a gun Guy Adam?. You own a 1911 ? if you do take a look at my site Dog grips. If you like what you see I will send you a set for free. I apriciate all you do.

For those of you who think im sucking up .Kiss my red indian a$$ hahahahahahahahaha