Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How to stop a massacre

divemaster5734

Exactly what convinced me at age 62 to buy my first gun ever - Glock 26 Gen 4.

It is a wonderful piece of workmanship. I have and am continuing to educate myself on the massive responsibility of owning and carrying it. With God's grace I will never have to use it on a living being, but if I ever need to, I have it and will use it.

I know a quote that may apply for ya'll ... "A gun in time may save mine!" - Ben Franklin ... well actually that's a Ben and Rod compilation if you will!!!laugh.gif

• Upvote 2

Great post, Great responses, I would plus everyone of ya if I could. This site is so full of clear minded people who know whats right. It makes it hard to believe that there are people out there that would actually debate the good common sense that is presented here. I applaud you all

:bravo:

• Upvote 4

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried out by six" Don't have the author but I am sure we have all heard it.

Amen to that.

Great post, Great responses, I would plus everyone of ya if I could. This site is so full of clear minded people who know whats right. It makes it hard to believe that there are people out there that would actually debate the good common sense that is presented here. I applaud you all

:bravo:

Sometimes I marvel how in sync so many people on this board are.

I am confident whenever there finally is an RV party a lot of us are going to walk away with new lifelong friends.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 1

Hell yea divemaster, +1 to grandpa !!! If more of this happened these thugs would not be so brave, but why don't you hear this on the news???

Sky I can answer that question. The mainstreampropganda machine has an agenda. The agenda is to disarm Americans so they can have the most productive slaves in the world. That sir is the end that justifys the mwan. I hope you guys keep this conversation going. Every American needs to know what is down the road if we do not stop this silent war against the Americans,

• Upvote 2

In Texas we have the right to carry a firearm assuming we pass a background check and complete proper training. I agree with the gun laws in my state.

I hope that I never again encounter the violence that I have experienced. If that happens again I would want Grandpa or some of you members to cover my back. Good thread people.

• Upvote 3

Study: Gun Owners Prevent Crime

by John Haughey

A Cato Institute white paper states that "tens of thousands of crimes" are prevented each year in the United States by legally armed citizens exercising their Second Amendment right to self-defense.

The 58-page study, "Tough Targets: When Criminals Face Armed Resistance from Citizens," was released in early February. In it, authors Clayton Cramer and David Burnett analyzed news articles recounting the defensive use of firearms over an eight-year span.

According to the study's findings, in the vast majority of self-defense cases, the gun is never fired--its presence in the hands of a would-be victim or witness resulted in thwarting a crime or detaining criminals until they were taken into custody by law enforcement.

Tim Lynch, director of Cato's Project on Criminal Justice, writes that among the study's significant conclusions is the statistical confirmation that, "The defensive use of guns happens much more often than most people realize," and, "Each year gun owners prevent a great deal of criminal mayhem – murders, rapes, batteries, and robberies."

As if we didn't already know, but here's the link to the white paper.

My link

• Upvote 4

I am a single mother with two boys, 8 and 16. I live with my parents and switch off helping my mom care for my dad who has late stage Huntington's disease. I am responsible for everyone, including myself.

We live in a rural area. If anyone were to break into my house, which they could take their time doing, we would be dead for days before anyone noticed. Even if we called 911, it would take our "sheriff's dept" at least 30 mins to arrive. If you live in the city, you are lucky to have someone there within 10 mins.

How long could you survive? We had a training drill in my karate class. A knife wielding attacker breaks into your home at night. How long could you fight them off and keep your children safe? No one is coming to help you. Anyone who walks in will be at risk - your neighbor, your child, your mom. Keeping yourself and your loved ones safe is YOUR responsibility. Not the police. Not the government.

Be safe, be smart, be educated, be trained. Be responsible.

• Upvote 7

I am a single mother with two boys, 8 and 16. I live with my parents and switch off helping my mom care for my dad who has late stage Huntington's disease. I am responsible for everyone, including myself.

We live in a rural area. If anyone were to break into my house, which they could take their time doing, we would be dead for days before anyone noticed. Even if we called 911, it would take our "sheriff's dept" at least 30 mins to arrive. If you live in the city, you are lucky to have someone there within 10 mins.

How long could you survive? We had a training drill in my karate class. A knife wielding attacker breaks into your home at night. How long could you fight them off and keep your children safe? No one is coming to help you. Anyone who walks in will be at risk - your neighbor, your child, your mom. Keeping yourself and your loved ones safe is YOUR responsibility. Not the police. Not the government.

I highly recommend self defense classes.

Just don't expect their purple, brown, or black belt dojo experience to get you out of a real time situation.

It doesn't matter how many forms you nail or how many point you score, there is no "fair" or "honorable" fight in the real world.

There is only win or lose.

The self discipline and focus it teaches is priceless.

It sounds like you have your hands full, at least your head is on straight.

Those boys are lucky, they have a good mom.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice...Im glad you know that....those words are the absolute truth.....do whatever

it takes to stay safe.....The conditions we live under in

this Country are sad, but you can certainly still defend

your family

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 1

hmmm... move closer to the city. :)

• Upvote 1

I am so glad to see so many of the DV family equiped with firearms. No matter what state you are in, there is always someone that wants what you have. And they will do what ever they want to get it. I have carried for many years, my wife carries also. As times are getting tougher crime is getting higher. My truck was broke into twice in four days a couple months ago, both times I had left the bank, first time I stopped to get some lunch the other time I went straigh back to my office and they broke in at my office. The thugs are watching believe me. Last week one of my employees was robbed at gun point leaving his bank. He usually carries but he had his firearm in his truck because he doenst like to carry into his bank, and they stopped him before he made it back to his truck.

Everyone here is hoping for a high RV, make good money, maybe be very rich. Word will get out that you have some money and now you will be a TARGET for the thugs. You are planning on how to protect yourself from taxes, what about protecting yourself and family? Plan ahead PROTECT yourself and family!

• Upvote 3

I could not get the video to work but did seem something on the news regarding the senior stopping a robbery. I would lay money he was either WWII or Korean War veteran. This would explain why he would keep shooting. His training would be that the reason why he would keep shooting. He would know that a live fleeing enemy could still be a valid threat. The only time an enemy is no longer an enemy is when the enemy has been neutralized.

desimo I have had problems with that too but I accidently stumbled on it one day that if I right click in the video and copy the URL that I can open another tab and paste the URL in the address bar and it plays without a hitch for me.

willy1der.... aka PAPPY

I feel privileged cause not only am I a grandpa, but I also have my concealed carry permit. Here's a scary thought that I am amazed at. Have you ever noticed that most places where you cannot bring in a weapon is always a place run by the government and is where you always see really pissed off people. Most have one armed officer and guess who the bad guy gets rid of first? Yep the one with the exposed weapon or more appropriately the threat from the officer. I see it all the time and always looking at the entrance door and who enters and already have an escape plan in mind just cause I can't protect myself. I see it in all city offices, and anything run by the government. Amazing to say the least. :twocents:

• Upvote 2

It's a crazy world out there, I don't know if things are actually getting crazier but it sure seems like it. I agree with everyone here, concealed carry is the way to go. You've got all sorts of options on what and how to carry. For anyone interested I've come across a particular type of bullet that might be good for home defense. Yes, I know that whatever you've got on hand will work.. but this may be better for in home use or in a confined space. Dynamic Research Technologies has a line of ammo for rifle and pistol that either is frangible or similar. Supposedly it has a compressed powder core that expands violently when it hits a target. The benefit here is no ricochet or over penetration.. which could be important if you are having to defend yourself in your own home or in a neighborhood. It probably wouldn't go through a wall in other words. I've never shot it before, it is kind of expensive, but it's something to keep in mind as an option. Help save your family while saving your family.

Most people carry a pistol or revolver for CDW, here's a couple of other options if you feel that's not enough. Not exactly as practical because of size, but eh, someone could make it work. Check out a KRISS .45, they take glock magazines I think. FN PS90 hold a ton on ammo and is compact, good for cornering. And finally something a little more traditional. Patriot Ordnance Factory (POF) makes a short stroke piston driven 5.56 pistol. The POF 415. It's a short AR without a stock, just the buffer tube. Legally a pistol I think but it's got actual fire power. Several manufacturers make ar type pistols.. go with the piston driven ones, DGI is a lot more trouble to keep clean. These three are kind of expensive, but hey, post rv you can get all three lol.

• Upvote 1

I feel privileged cause not only am I a grandpa, but I also have my concealed carry permit. Here's a scary thought that I am amazed at. Have you ever noticed that most places where you cannot bring in a weapon is always a place run by the government and is where you always see really pissed off people. Most have one armed officer and guess who the bad guy gets rid of first? Yep the one with the exposed weapon or more appropriately the threat from the officer. I see it all the time and always looking at the entrance door and who enters and already have an escape plan in mind just cause I can't protect myself. I see it in all city offices, and anything run by the government. Amazing to say the least. :twocents:

Your right, the quard / police will be the first taken out by the bad guys. I carry everywhere I go, if it is concelled, no one will know unless things go bad. Then I will tell everyone I am sorry for having a firearm after I protect myself and maybe everyone else around me since they wont have a firearm.

• Upvote 1