Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer request for my babies (Dogs)

carlablum

My dear Shadow passed away Saturday, on my 5 year Wedding Anniversary in my arms on my bed. I think he picked that day so I would always remember him. He was really my shadow because wherever I went he was always next to me. Nallie is on the left and she hasn't eaten since Shadow died and she is so sad and depressed. I have been just cuddling up to her and balling.

Please say a small prayer for my Shadow and My Nallie,

Lots of hugs,

Carla

59126_149516415081065_3811840_n.jpg

• Upvote 11

Oh Carla, I'm so sorry and my heart is breaking for you.... you have actually been in my thoughts since yesterday when I visited someone's profile and saw your message about your loss... my prayers to you and your babies... Hugs.

• Upvote 1

You are very much in my thoughts & prayers... They are both beautiful "babies" and I understand how hard it is... I lost by baby "Gambol" a year ago today & she is always on my mind... I just feel lucky that we had each other for 12 & 1/2 years... There is nothing so special & loyal to have a canine "Baby"... Hang in there...

• Upvote 2

My prayers for Shadow, Nallie and you,dear Carlablum... It matters not which day our beloved pets choose to go, they will forever be alive in your heart. A very bittersweet day for you to be sure, congratulations to you on 5 years.

Nallie will grieve her loss just like you do and the loss of appetite is normal (though a bit disconcerting for you). Please be sure that she continues to take on water and if her gums become dry for lack of water, take her to your vet for hydration.

Thanks for your prayer request and sharing photo of your beautiful babies.

With love and prayers...

• Upvote 2

Carla, I don't post that often but felt the need to this time. I lost my cat while living in another country and no one to turn too. My sister emailed me this poem when I was so down and lonely. Hope it helps!!!

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• Upvote 2

Carla,

I'm sorry for your loss. I pray for God's grace and peace and He will ease your pain n Nallie. I can tell shadow was special to you and know you have given him the best gift ever and that is love :)

Hugs for you and Nallie )

• Upvote 1

All I can do is give you a + and tell you I am sorry for your loss and as time goes by it gets just a little easier.

I had to put down our old family dog a year ago and she is still missed. With the circumstances we found her under we all swore

she was an angel sent by God. We had gotten a second dog about 3 months before and she was affected by our loss. Hang in there.

Balling helps, I know. It seems there are plenty of people who care for you here so don't feel like you are alone . HTH

Neal

Pets are a special subset of every breed they started out as. Whether dog or cat or ferretor mouse ... they are a part of our lives that cannot be "just" anything. They are not "just" an animal or "just" a pet. And though they are furry on the outside, they are filled with love on the inside. They give that love to us unconditionally, which is more than we can expect from other people. But remember, they would not want us to cry. That would make us unhappy. When it comes to your lifelong companion, remember ... and rejoice.

:)

smee2

Carlablum, I lost my sweet baby (boston terrior) about 5 yrs. The days get better as time passes. I still have not replaced her. I afraid to experience the hurt again. I think one day soon I will have another companion.

Their memories are embedded in our hearts for our lifetime, they are never ever forgotten.

Sending you hugs and a couple of tears to share with you. Take care of you and Nallie

Carla, I am so very sorry for your lost. Dogs are angels on earth as far as I am concerned. That is Louie in my picture and he will be 16yrs old in Jan. He's in realitive good shape but if he sleeps in in the morning I hold my breath and go over and check to see if he's still breathing. I wish they could all live to be 100 I have lost other dogs in the past and each and every one of them are still with me in my heart. Again, I do feel your pain. You and Nallie can comfort each other.

Whatever the differences we all have as to the fate of the dinar, we are clearly united in our love for the animal companions that share our lives. We brought home an unlikely rescued border collie/? who has been a joy to the living and a comfort to the dying.

I can only imagine the weight of your loss.

The joy your furry angel gave to you perhaps even equaled the joy you gave to him. I'm he departed in peace.

Edited by magawatt

Sorry for your loss. Pets are like part of the family, we have a black lab too, and his mother passed away last Christmas. Sometimes I wonder why we set ourselves up for the pain of loss with a pet because we know going in they won't live as long as us, but I just can't seem to live with out them, they are always happy to see me and always make me smile, well my cat not so much. LOL

There was a great story about pets and Heaven, I can't remember exactly how it goes but will try and get it close.

A man had passed away and was walking down a road with his dog beside him, he came to a huge beautiful gate, leading to an enormous castle on a hill. When he got there he asked the person at the gate, Where am I? The man replied you are at the gates of Heaven. The man was excited and asked to come in, to which the gate keeper responded I'm sorry we don't allow pets in here. The man not wanting to leave his beloved pup behind continued walking down the road until he reached another gate with a small but nice building on another hill. He asked would you mind if I get some water for my dog, to which the gate keeper replied sure come on in. While getting some water he asked the gate keeper where am I? To which the man responded this is Heaven. Confused the man said I thought the other place down the road was Heaven? The gate keeper responded, No that is Hell. The man asked, Doesn't it make you upset they are using your name? No actually it's quite the opposite replied the gate keeper, we let them filter out the bad ones. Anyone who would leave their best friend behind is not welcome here.

Anyway it goes something like that, but I liked the story. Again, sorry for your loss.

I can't tell you all how much your words mean to me. I have to say that we all are such a loving family here on Dinarvets. I have never in my life been so blessed with such an amazing bunch of people. Nallie is playing a little bit today but she still won't eat. I got her some canned food and mixed it with her food and she ate the canned food but spit out her food that she has eaten since being a puppy. Shadow always ate a little then he would walk away and let her eat a bit and back and forth. I think she is waiting for shadow to eat first so I think I will have to change her food.

Again, I have read each and every post and you have given me so much comfort and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Luvs and Hugs,

Carlawub.gif

• Upvote 3

Carla we are sending our love ( us and our baby ) to you and your family....this is truly the hardest thing we have ever dealt with......

I know the pain is great, but we Love Ya and will be thinking of you.........

Minnie Pearl (our baby) sends wishes to Nallie as she grieves as well

dog-paw-print-clip-art-large-paw.jpg

LF