Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

the reason why u believe in a lop according to adam

ayrnay22

I will go wherever on the forum I please.

End Quote

Agreed.. That should be the basic rule of freedom of speech and movement ( in all Forum sections) for everybody including "lopsters" imho.

The same way one can decide to read them or not right here, one can do so ( read them or not) anywhere else on Forum.. JMHO.

Umbertino, if you were posting your music in ALL of the Forums after being repeatedly asked to confine it to the Music Forum, wouldn't you expect us to confine you to the Music Forum?

-

Now... this is where the scammers came into play. This is what made the rounds on dinar boards.

IRAQ (PRWEB) March 2, 2004 -- Investment in the new Iraq is guaranteed under the Presidential Order 13303 removing sanctions on investment in Iraq. The new order allows for a restructuring of the banking system in Iraq. US citizens are allowed to invest in Currency, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate and Business in Iraq.

Iraq has a new currency to replace Iraq’s two currencies, one of which was easily counterfeited and mostly circulated in a single denomination. Banks issue only the new currency and government employees paid in cash will receive their salaries in the new currency. Until January 15, 2004 the old and new currencies will circulate freely at a fixed exchange rate. Exchange between the old and new currencies is conducted at now charge at multiple exchange points around the country.

The other financial market structures are strong:

95 percent of all pre-war bank customers have service and first-time customers are opening accounts daily. Iraqi banks are making loans to finance businesses. The central bank is fully independent. Iraq has one of the world’s most growth-oriented investment and banking laws.

The new Iraqi dinar which is printed bu De La Rue company in the US and Great Britian, is valued at just 2 tenths of one cent today. The US treasury has a strong dinar policy and is working with the CPA (Coalition Provisional Authority) to reinstate a strong decentralized banking system in Iraq. By December 2004 there will be six Western Banks in Iraq and six Iraqi Banks outside Iraq in operation. In March Three banks were given licence to operate in Iraq, National Bank of Kuwait, HSBC Bank and Charter bank of England.

That is horse crap. Look at the source. It's from PRWEB. PRWEB is a internet Press Release service. Anyone can make any claim they want, pay a fee to PRWEB and it gets dressed up as press release. Penny stock pumpers and scam artist use PRWEB to make claims look official.

Some dinar dealer wrote up a press release that is full of lies and paid PRWEB to run it.

Unless you think the Office of the President Of The United States is using PRWEB... LOL shaking my head.

I don't think I have ever heard of a country that redenominated allowing exchange outside of the country.

There have been 100 or so redenominations, every one of them was an in country only exchange. Maybe when all the Euro countries went to the Euro... but they we all going to the same currency.

Please find me a country that redenominatied and allowed exchnage outside the country.

Iraq has already stated they will only exchange at banks in Iraq.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but all we need is a local bank or currency dealer that has the ability and willingness to trade in country. And we already have currency dealers at least claiming they will do just that. So, imo, there isn't too much to worry about. Sure the dealers might charge a hefty fee, but we'll still have the ability to exchange the old notes. And if anything, maybe a bank will pop up that will do the same.

So to go on claiming that we will lose all of our money if or when Iraq only allows in-country exchange, is not recognizing the other avenues that will allow us to exchange our old notes out of country.

hey daved .. serious question .. where do you think the banks that were selling dinars got their dinars at?...and do you think citi bank if they set up offices in iraq ... do you think they will except dinars here and transfer them back to iraq ? and i never saw anything that said dinars either ..

executive orders are not laws .. for one .. this 13303 is protecting the iraq reconstruction fund .. or the old oil for food program from its monies being frozen assets do to some lawsuits .. it has nothing to do with their currency going public .. the iraq currency is not a global currency and is meant to be used for in country financial transactions .. but it is being used in neighboring countrys .. and will have to be honored in the event of rd .. uae has iraqi dinars .. syria does .. jordan does .. its mainly used for border trades

Edited by leesburg
  • Upvote 1

hey daved .. serious question .. where do you think the banks that were selling dinars got their dinars at?...and do you think citi bank if they set up offices in iraq ... do you think they will except dinars here and transfer them back to iraq ? and i never saw anything that said dinars either ..

I really don’t know where they got them from. I remember reading a claim from someone who bought from a bank that they informed him they got their dinar from a dealer. Someone like Ali.

I really have no idea. I do know that a number of banks have actually made warning about investing in dinar and have stated that they do not plan on dealing in dinar again.

Of course… if it turns out they can make money on the exchange, I wouldn’t be surprised if they start dealing them again

The bank I do business with is CHASE BANK near Ann Arbor here in Michigan. Their current exchage rate on December 24, 07 for Iraqi Dinars was .00090410 to sell and .00075580 to buy. Simply call any Chase branch near you and ask for a quote on the current exchange rate for Iraqi dinars, if you like the price, go over pay them and confirm your order and your dinars will usually arrive the next day from their fulfillment center.

lol fulfillment center .. whats a fullfillment center

http://reviews.ebay.com/US-BANK-IS-NOW-EXCHANGING-IRAQI-DINARS?ugid=10000000004899723

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but all we need is a local bank or currency dealer that has the ability and willingness to trade in country. And we already have currency dealers at least claiming they will do just that. So, imo, there isn't too much to worry about. Sure the dealers might charge a hefty fee, but we'll still have the ability to exchange the old notes. And if anything, maybe a bank will pop up that will do the same.

So to go on claiming that we will lose all of our money if or when Iraq only allows in-country exchange, is not recognizing the other avenues that will allow us to exchange our old notes out of country.

I don’t claim to know how this will play out. Best case they give two years to exchange, banks get involved, the fees are small and people lose very little. That’s the best case… small loss.

The worst case. There were a couple articles out last week where an Iraqi official who was against the redenomination said the two years was way to long with the concerns for counterfeiting and corruption. He said they should do the exchange in one day. ONE DAY. That would obviously be the worst case scenario. You lose everything, 100%. I certainly don’t believe they will do it in one day, but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if they announce the lop, say they had originally planned a 2 year swap, but due to potential for corruption they have decided to only give a month or two, maybe 3 months like the last time. Banks wouldn’t get involved with such a short period like that. Dealers will only buy it back if they know for sure they have the means to get it back into Iraq for exchange. With everyone trying to sell back to dealers all at once, the price will plummet for what they will pay. Maybe $500 per million. Maybe lower. It will all depend on how long the exchange period is, and what rules Iraq puts on bringing currency back into the country.

i heard if they lop they must announce it 6 months in advance ..all the deletion storys are .. they will do it .. they wont do it ..they will do it .. they wont do it .. i think it has a certain time frame in advance they must notify the public .. they wont just lop and say suprise .. we all know there has been plenty of storys going back to april .. march time line /..the ones that count are the ones that come from the cbi i think .. im not sure if the govt will announce it ...and either way both the cbi and govt have said 1000 to one exchange and deletion of 3 zeros ..on new currency

i do know 5th third bank in ohio bought and sold iraqi dinars ...

I don’t claim to know how this will play out. Best case they give two years to exchange, banks get involved, the fees are small and people lose very little. That’s the best case… small loss.

The worst case. There were a couple articles out last week where an Iraqi official who was against the redenomination said the two years was way to long with the concerns for counterfeiting and corruption. He said they should do the exchange in one day. ONE DAY. That would obviously be the worst case scenario. You lose everything, 100%. I certainly don’t believe they will do it in one day, but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if they announce the lop, say they had originally planned a 2 year swap, but due to potential for corruption they have decided to only give a month or two, maybe 3 months like the last time. Banks wouldn’t get involved with such a short period like that. Dealers will only buy it back if they know for sure they have the means to get it back into Iraq for exchange. With everyone trying to sell back to dealers all at once, the price will plummet for what they will pay. Maybe $500 per million. Maybe lower. It will all depend on how long the exchange period is, and what rules Iraq puts on bringing currency back into the country.

They won't do a one day exchange. Only communist countries have done that in order to steal assets from citizens. If Iraq did that, expect civil war.

Regardless, three months is plenty of time to guarantee an exchange from dealers, even if they do charge large fees. The point is that we will not at all have to worry about losing all of our money. Especially, if US banks allow for exchange.

i heard if they lop they must announce it 6 months in advance ..all the deletion storys are .. they will do it .. they wont do it ..they will do it .. they wont do it .. i think it has a certain time frame in advance they must notify the public .. they wont just lop and say suprise .. we all know there has been plenty of storys going back to april .. march time line /..the ones that count are the ones that come from the cbi i think .. im not sure if the govt will announce it ...and either way both the cbi and govt have said 1000 to one exchange and deletion of 3 zeros ..on new currency

Many banks did. I'm see a possibility that banks will again being trading the IQD once the NID comes out. I think a large reason they stopped trading with the IQD now is because of all the instability at the moment . . . . and, unfortunately, people continually pestering them concerning an RV.

That's another punmper lie. There is no rule or law saying they have to give a certain amount of warning. North Korea just recenlty lopped and gave a few days notice, then only gave a few days to exchange.

Plus... the Central Bank of Iraq has been announcing the plan to do this for years now.

That's another punmper lie. There is no rule or law saying they have to give a certain amount of warning. North Korea just recenlty lopped and gave a few days notice, then only gave a few days to exchange.

Plus... the Central Bank of Iraq has been announcing the plan to do this for years now.

true, and so did the Soviet Union. But these were governments bent on stealing property from citizens. Iraq wouldn't dare do such a thing due to international political chaos and internal chaos.

true, and so did the Soviet Union. But these were governments bent on stealing property from citizens. Iraq wouldn't dare do such a thing due to international political chaos and internal chaos.

I agree that they won't either. They have been openly talking about it for years already.

But there certainly is no rule that says any country has to give notice.

I agree that they won't either. They have been openly talking about it for years already.

But there certainly is no rule that says any country has to give notice.

True, we'll just have to wait a few months to see what happens. I'm thinking by September we'll start to have a clearer picture of what is going to happen.

Why is it that some come to the LOP section... Just to call people arrogant for understanding a RD but never offer any argument or defense of what they believe...it comes across as someone who can't win an argument so they attack the person instead...I would much prefer to hear how you think Iraq can pay for the mythical RV...but I doubt that will happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wow, talk about being "taken out of context"!

My words, which were posted illegally on Dinar Recaps, were not meant for everyone who has come to the conclusion that the Dinar will lop and will not RV.

My words were aimed at those that do not believe there is a chance for an RV... AND YET STILL COME TO THIS AND OTHER SITES FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO DRAG OTHERS DOWN.

I know there are plenty of people who have come to the conclusion that there is no room for profit here, and they have moved on with their lives and have better things to do than haunt/troll a peaceful community like ours. To those lopsters, I tip my hat, I respect your opinion, and one day soon we will find out who was right.

To those who have NOT decided to simply move on, I say this: If you don't believe there is any chance to make money here... sell out and go find another hobby! Go somewhere else and find something that WILL make you money! If this is such a losing prospect... well, you're twice the loser for wasting your time here!

Note to Dinar Recaps - I don't mind you posting quotes from me, even though it is against the TOS here and I have a legal right to sue you for your actions. I let it slide because most of the time I'm the only one that isn't blowing smoke up everyone's butt and I think it does your community good to hear my point of view. However, if you take my words out of context again and force me to have to answer to a thread like this, there will be legal consequences. Don't use your site to make me look like a jerk - I can do that just fine on my own. Do yourself and your community a favor and don't do it again, thank you.

Umbertino, if you were posting your music in ALL of the Forums after being repeatedly asked to confine it to the Music Forum, wouldn't you expect us to confine you to the Music Forum?

-

Well said. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Why is it that some come to the LOP section... Just to call people arrogant for understanding a RD but never offer any argument or defense of what they believe...it comes across as someone who can't win an argument so they attack the person instead...I would much prefer to hear how you think Iraq can pay for the mythical RV...but I doubt that will happen.

yes i agree .. and it usually starts with the same old name calling .. by calling people "lopster"

this is a forum where the tuff questions can be asked .. and hopfully debated intelligently .. its the name callers that usually end any intelligent converstations in this forum

• Upvote 2

yes i agree .. and it usually starts with the same old name calling .. by calling people "lopster"

this is a forum where the tuff questions can be asked .. and hopfully debated intelligently .. its the name callers that usually end any intelligent converstations in this forum

That's the thing, though. The LOP vs RV has been debated 34893428095732057320570342 times already. Those who have made up their minds are not going to change it. The same things gets said over, and over, and over, and over again. It's like a severely broken record from the Twilight Zone.

So why continue to beat a dead horse? It may be fun for some, but it's actually quite pointless.

What do you expect? Even after this entire discussion you have the forum owner showing up and calling a certain group “losers”. That’s after attributing claims like this to lopsters. "GOD I'm miserable... how can I ruin someone's day today?"

As I explained to another poster earlier in the thread. I participate in a number of forums that have nothing to do with making money or investing. I talk sports, politics, and other subjects. I spent a lot of time researching the Iraqi dinar and currencies and economies in general. It is a subject that interests me. What is so horrible about me taking a few minutes a day to discuss with people the facts about the dinar. Just in the last two pages I dispelled two guru/pumper lies. The 13303 lie has existed for years. It was exposed as a lie years ago, but because people who understand that were banned from most sites, or stuck in a corner and ignored on other sites So the lie gets repeated over and over until it’s taken as fact. The investment is so full of those things they have even grown the label “Forum Facts”

Seems some just really have a problem with those lies being exposed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's the thing, though. The LOP vs RV has been debated 34893428095732057320570342 times already. Those who have made up their minds are not going to change it. The same things gets said over, and over, and over, and over again. It's like a severely broken record from the Twilight Zone.

So why continue to beat a dead horse? It may be fun for some, but it's actually quite pointless.

Don't you understand that everyday people are introduced to the dinar and those people head to the web to research it. They end up in places like this looking ofr information. Most baords totally ban anyone from talking about the lop possability. Other like here shove you into one little area. So new investors mostly only see the overwhelmingly positive talk. Do you think that's right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What do you expect? Even after this entire discussion you have the forum owner showing up and calling a certain group “losers”. That’s after attributing claims like this to lopsters. "GOD I'm miserable... how can I ruin someone's day today?"

As I explained to another poster earlier in the thread. I participate in a number of forums that have nothing to do with making money or investing. I talk sports, politics, and other subjects. I spent a lot of time researching the Iraqi dinar and currencies and economies in general. It is a subject that interests me. What is so horrible about me taking a few minutes a day to discuss with people the facts about the dinar. Just in the last two pages I dispelled two guru/pumper lies. The 13303 lie has existed for years. It was exposed as a lie years ago, but because people who understand that were banned from most sites, or stuck in a corner and ignored on other sites So the lie gets repeated over and over until it’s taken as fact. The investment is so full of those things they have even grown the label “Forum Facts”

If one of those lies you exposed was about there being no out-country exchange, you are being disingenuous. I think it is quite safe to say regardless of the outcome, we will be able to exchange out of country.

• Upvote 1

playing innocent i see dave? what about sams site the constant bashing of members here at DV and slamming Adam. Hmmm.... yet here you are on Adam's site still posting.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't you understand that everyday people are introduced to the dinar and those people head to the web to research it. They end up in places like this looking ofr information. Most baords totally ban anyone from talking about the lop possability. Other like here shove you into one little area. So new investors mostly only see the overwhelmingly positive talk. Do you think that's right?

I believe it is wrong for people to dupe other people with intent to profit from it. I also believe adults are free to make their own choices and are responsible for such choices. There is a LOP section. If people want to learn a different POV, they can go in there and see it. But for a "lopster" or whatever to continually go in other forums and spout the same information over and over again is a little tacky, imo. If people ask for the information, OK. If not, then why bother yourself, especially if you believe they will not listen to you.

If one of those lies you exposed was about there being no out-country exchange, you are being disingenuous. I think it is quite safe to say regardless of the outcome, we will be able to exchange out of country.

No... it was 13303 and the notion that countries have to give 6 months notice to lop.

Again... Iraq has stated that the exchange will only take place at Banks in Iraq. As we discussed, I think the length of the exchange period and the extent to which Iraq tries to limit currency returning to the country will detirming if dealers get involved.

• Upvote 1

It almost sounds like there should be some type of "disclosure".

When someone wants to purchase a franchise, they are given disclosure documents. They also receive a list of current franchise owners and a list of past franchise owners. The new prospect is given the ability to contact all current and past owners and ask them questions about the franchise corporation and their personal experience with the corporation.

Someone looking to purchase IQD should have access to all sides.

Question: How many people in here would purchase Iraqi Dinar today if they knew this has been going on for about 9 years? How many would purchase if an RD (3-zero removal) could change or eliminate the possible 1000 times ROI? How many would purchase if they thought after an RD of Iraqi Dinar that it could actually cause the IQD to 'lose' value as other currencies have done?

I bought a small franchise a little over 3 years ago. Had the opportunity to contact previous and present owners. I did not contact them. I wish I had. The owners of the corporation painted a pretty picture. The franchisees had a different opinion and were constantly scolded in the forums. I would not have bought if I had a more rounded input about the company.

Anyone in here been actively recruiting new investors for the Iraqi Dinar?

• Upvote 3