Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SURVEILLANCE VID SHOWS 71-YEAR-OLD CONCEALED CARRY HOLDER OPENING FIRE ON WOULD-BE ROBBERS

TexasGranny

Samuel Williams could soon become a poster child for concealed carry. Or rather a poster senior citizen.

Williams is being hailed as a hero this week after he sprung into action on Friday to thwart an armed robbery at an internet cafe. Williams was present when two masked thugs walked into the Palms Internet Cafe in Marion County, Florida. One of the men was brandishing a gun while the other had a bat. They started ordering patrons around and one smashes a computer screen. That’s when Williams took action.

Ocala.com explains what happened:

Williams was seated toward the back of the cafe dressed in a white shirt, shorts and baseball cap.

One of the masked men, identified as Duwayne Henderson, 19, comes in pointing a handgun at customers. The second man, Davis Dawkins, 19, is seen swinging a bat at something off screen, which was later identified as a $1,200 computer screen.

As Henderson turns his back, Williams pulls out a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun, stands from his chair, takes two steps, nearly drops to one knee, and fires two shots at Henderson, who bolts for the front door.

Williams takes several more steps toward the door and continues firing as Henderson and Dawkins fall over one another trying to exit the building. The two eventually run off screen.

Surveillance video captured it all:

Both of the crooks suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds and were later captured. And according to police, Williams — a licensed concealed carry gun owner — won’t face any repercussions.

“Based on what I have seen and what I know at this time, I don’t anticipate filing any charges,” Bill Gladson of the State Attorney’s Office, told Ocala.com.

But he’s not the only one talking. Some of the customers are. And they’re grateful for what Williams did.

“I think he is wonderful. If he wouldn’t have been there, there could have been some innocent people shot,” said Mary Beach.

UPDATE:

Ocala.com also has an interview with one of the robbers, Duwayne Henderson. In it, Henderson describes the robbery from his perspective:

“I feel horrible. It doesn’t feel good. It makes you think about life’s decisions, and how you should live your life,” Henderson said in an interview with the Star-Banner at the jail on Saturday afternoon.

Hours after his release from the hospital, Henderson, who talked about the pain he feels in his buttock and hip, said the plan was to “barge in, get the money and leave.” He said “he never expected anyone to be armed.”

“The gun was broken and rusty and wasn’t loaded. Nobody was going to get hurt,” he said, standing with crutches.

Retrieving the customers’ phones was what he said was their “main priority.” That way, he said, the customers could not call law enforcement officials.

Henderson theorizes the reason why he was caught off guard is because, when Dawkins entered the business, he busted a computer monitor with the baseball bat and “glass got into his face.”

“He couldn’t warn me,” Henderson said.

With the glass temporarily blinding his friend, Henderson noticed two women were behind the counter and he thought that was “fishy.” Turning around to see what the women were doing, Henderson said he was shot.

“I turned around to run and my

leg gave out. That was when I got shot. I hit the ground, and he was still shooting. I thought I was going to die,” Henderson said.

Henderson said that, “by the grace of God,” his “leg came back.”

“I ran,” he said.

He and his counterpart, Davis Dawkins, fled to a friend’s house and were eventually apprehended. Henderson says Dawkins used to be an employee at the cafe and knew there would be money on hand.

And even though Henderson seems to be carrying some remorse, he still has a bone to pick with Williams, the elderly man who shot him, for firing while he (Henderson) was on the ground.

“I was down, and I’m not going to continue to shoot you,” he said.

A piece of information Williams didn’t have the luxury of knowing.

Get more details from Henderson over at Ocala.com.

I did not bring over the video or pictures - go to

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/surveillance-vid-shows-71-year-old-concealed-carry-holder-opening-fire-on-would-be-robbers/

to see the action

:twothumbs:

:bravo:

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 8

Awesome story TG, love it! Thanks for the post.

I thought it was funny that the one guy has a bone to pick with grandpa for still shooting when he was on the ground. ROFLMAO Maybe he should know old school rules you don't stop shooting till they stop moving or your out of bullets. :D Guilt or innocence was easy to decide here when he walked into a business and pulled a gun, what an idiot.

Now let's see what Sharpton, Jackson, and co. have to say about this. :P:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He's probably lucky he didn't kill one of them or he would be getting death threats already. "If I had a son........Ok I won't even go there.

Thanks again Granny for the post!

They both should be dead. If the old man ran out of bullets they should have been pummelled, in self defense until the police arrived, to no recognition with the baseball bat THEY BROUGHT TO HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE. NOW THAT THEY HAPPENED TO BE LUCKY TO LIVE THEY SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOREVER.Sounds like its all on video.They did it and had every intent to do so.It was all planned. Put them on a barge floating around in the ocean somewhere if we are out of jail space. The biggest problem we have as a nation is we never DEAL WITH CRIMINALS LIKE WE SHOULD. Nobody is tough on crime.As a nation we are wimps in that regard.As a nation we continue to let it happen and never solve the problem.I WOULD BET ALL MY DINAR THEY HAVE RAP SHEETS LONGER THEN A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER. THEY DONT BELONG OUT ON THE STREET.They should have been removed from society years ago. Maybe would could get lucky and they would end up floating where all the somali etc pirates are. If they think they were scared of an old man say hello to one of them. I hear they love Americans and would never hurt any of us if we left them alone.

I could give a rats but what color they are and REALLY dont give a rats but what those freeloaders Jackson and Sharpton think. More prisons till all the career criminals are off the streets. Build them in the deserts,in the mountains and at sea.How about along the southern border fence? It wouldnt hurt to have more armed guards in watch towers in that area and the prisons in the way along the fence would make it harder for illegals to get past. Get rid of these scumbags. Any repeat offenders done. No lousy 3 strike rule. If you commit one felony of any kind you are toast. No plea bargains and no time off for good behavior! You should have been told, that long ago before the twinkle in your eye started you on on you career as a criminal, that if you commit a felony your done.Send them to Siberia if we have to. No citizenship anymore either if thats what it takes. If their mommies hate that they should have been better mommies in the first place. As you all can tell Im REAL TIRED of any local,city,state,or federal not taking care of crime. Im tired of our nation accepting violence and crime. There is no excuse. It is wrong to do those things. Always has been and always will be. Lawmakers get off your buts and do something as well, but please dont ask the bad guys not to do it anymore or not hurt innocent people. That is unacceptable.

Everytime I watch the news and they show some scumbag standing before the judge in the orange jumpsuit and he ALWAYS,ALWAYS,ALWAYS has a prior record.Should have never been allowed on the streets again.Imagine how much less crime there would be if all these useless scumbags werent back on the streets and could not commit crimes repeatedly. And just so you think im not caring about their race I live in a predominantly white area that has plenty of white scumbags that deserve all I have just said. Sorry for the rant and as you can tell this has been an issue with me for some time. The fact that the crininal in this strory was even interviewed shows how bad it is and how bad are values and priorities are messed up.

great job ole man.....maybe these men got lost,what were they doing in all white coffee shop-internet place anyway?

maybe the brother needs to keep his gun out of the rain.......bumb a sses were Obummers kids

good posts cws & Granny......I wonder what the crime rate

is becoming like in Florida these days with the miscreants

being drawn on more often ;)

Is there any doubt that Samuel Williams is a veteran?

I bet he got the Expert Marksman Medal while serving

:D :D :D

• Upvote 1

I guess the saying is true: Age and treachery will always beat youth and stupidity. However in this instance, I think the word treachery should be replaced with resolve. If the two miscreants would have expected someone to be armed they would have tried that someplace else. If they thought that anywhere they went someone may have a weapon, chances are good they would not try it at all. Just for the record, I will stipulate that this theory is not 100% the case, but one crime prevented is worth it.

Just my humble opinion in favor of enforcing the laws we have now on the books instead of creating new bans for lawful gun owners. I think I will cut this short before it turns into a rant. Everyone have a great day.cool.gif

Thanks TG this was a good read. Love the concealed carry law. Makes the idiots think twice before engaging stupidity. I could go on forever on this but let the video speak for itself. Too bad one cannot fix stupid. Great post, go gramps. :bravo:

Good ending to this story, they got what they deserved, but they will be back hunting the old man as he stated. They should have been sent to the morgue. Problem solved......more people should carry concealed weapons and use them. Don't jump up and warn someone who has a gun pointing it at people, pull it out and shoot to kill that way they will not have to take up space at a jail, use our tax dollars to feed them and have them come back after you later, problem solved. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

If Obama had two boys they could look just like these two.

The media couldn't find any of their baby pictures.

internet-robbers-620x447.jpg

-----Original Message----- From: **** Jordan <dickj444@gmail.com> Sent: Thu, Jun 14, 2012 4:07 am Subject: Fwd: Trayvon at 17

In reality..."little Trayvon"...at the time of his death...stood almost 6'2" tall...weighed 175 muscular pounds...had numerous run-ins with authorities (both at school and local police)...had been stopped and almost arrested two days before his death for...smacking a bus driver in the face...because the driver refused to let him ride for free...he was released because the driver was told not to press charges by the bus company and to continue on his route.

When "little Trayvon" was suspended at school...it was not only because he tried to bring a little marijuana in with him... he was in possession of wedding rings and other jewelry...watches etc. that he said he "found" along with a large screwdriver...while on the way to school that day...the jewelry was turned over to the Police by the school.

I am not trying to say this was a good shooting... I am not trying to say this kid deserved to die... I am saying... the media in the USA is controlled by liberals who twist and distort what you see and hear in order for you to see things their way.

Not a single paper has printed RECENT photos of this kid...

Not a single paper will admit that this kid was a marijuana dealer...his friends on facebook all say he had the "best plants"...

Not a single paper will show you any of his recent photos where he shows off a mouthful of gold teeth...all of his tattoos...

Or a 17 year old drug dealing, gold-toothed individual whose name on one of his facebook profiles was "wild ******"...who 'finds" jewelry and burglary tools on the way to school?