Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Boy Scouts uphold *** ban!

DiveDeepSix

Funny how you believe that a *** man is a pedofile and thinking about molesting little boys anytime they're around them. Does that same kind of thinking fall true for straight men who say coach a girls athletic team. Are they having bad thoughts anytime he is around the team? *** people are not such monsters that we must protect our children anytime they're around. It's like being back in the sixties during the civil rights marches. Only hating people who were black, soley because they're black. This is the same thing. I thought we as a country would have matured at least a little more by now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Funny how you believe that a *** man is a pedofile and thinking about molesting little boys anytime they're around them. Does that same kind of thinking fall true for straight men who say coach a girls athletic team. Are they having bad thoughts anytime he is around the team? *** people are not such monsters that we must protect our children anytime they're around. It's like being back in the sixties during the civil rights marches. Only hating people who were black, soley because they're black. This is the same thing. I thought we as a country would have matured at least a little more by now.

No offense friend, but that is not what this thread is about. I clearly asked when I started the thread if members thought it was OK for a minority group to try and push it's agenda on a private organization that clearly doesn't agree with their lifestyle. Yes or No? Tiff and NEO turned it into the Boy Scouts are paranoid that all *** men are child molesters, that has nothing to do with the topic at all, and no where does it state that BSA hates gays or thinks they are child molesters. This topic had gotten twisted away from it's intention of being a simple question, but we are back on track now I think. If you have time go back and read the thread and you will see what I mean.

Ok, I'm lost... Were the animals listed trying for the bsa too? :P:blink:

Really enjoying the debate, thanks for the homosexual and heterosexual views

ROFL, nice. See what I mean!

• Upvote 2

Before I leave let me explain to Genc610. If you were refering to my post. It was not saying anything about molesting anyone. It simply stated that they may be influenced by *** statements. Good night all, the chickens are going to roost so it's my bed time. God bless

• Upvote 1

It is wrong and I would not have let my child lay down in a pup tent with a homosexual. As a parent we have an obligation to what we let our children get exposed to and it is our choice. This is an abomination to God. Some of these are sick and some of these do this evil by choice. I pray that God will have mercy on their soul. The United States of America was founded for freedom of religion. Our Constitution wrote by guide lines of God’s Holy word. In God we trust is on our money. We are a Christian nation and believe in God the Father God the son and God the Holy Ghost and these three are one. Jesus Christ died for your sins for anyone that will believe it and accept this free gift that God offers, eternal life to live in Heaven with our perfect and Holy God.

Rick you allege that you did not intentionally mean to hurt anyone with that statement. But really, how could you not with what you wrote above? If I may, let me take the liberty to wordsmith it a bit and put my spin on it..and then let’s see how you would react if I had first posted this (note it is almost EXACTLY the same tone/wording you used above):

I would not let my parents set foot in a Sunday school class with a Christian. As a daughter I have an obligation to what my elderly parents get exposed to and it is my choice. This topic is an abomination to evolution. Some of these believers are brainwashed while others are simply stupid by choice. I can only hope that they can afford a subscription to the Discovery Channel so they have access to programs on evolution and the myths of religion that can be easily grasp by those who never went on to college or who forget what they learned in 8th grade biology. The United States is a Great Nation that ensures that there is a separation of Church and State, so that religion cannot take us back to the Dark Ages when Church Doctrine ruled. A time of some of the greatest atrocities of mankind: Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Witch Trails, Slavery, all of which were sanctioned by the Church. Our Constitution was written by the Found Fathers, who clearly understood how important it was to separate the two: Church and State. Nowhere in the Constitution does it specify that Christianity is the mother religion. Instead it clearly states that there should be no preference. We believe in Darwin’s theory of Evolution, in which he states: It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. As religion by nature is stationary, it will die.

Deep..honestly, do you know who pays for scientific studies? Believe me, I know, as I work for the largest science foundation in the world. There are pretty much only two ways: Government grants and private contributions. So, as stated in my rebuttal, until 1990 there was a bias towards this type of study. Think of it, if members of this site found out that their Gov’t tax dollars were being spent on finding out which animals took a shine to the same sex, what do you think would happen? Bloody murder, comes to mind. Secondly, when it comes to private contributions, who exactly will benefit from finding this info out? Unless there is some commercial benefit, no one will pay for it.

But now that you did bring up numbers, may I ask you a question? Why did your Creator make so many beetles? There are approximately 250,000 to 350,000 SPECIES of beetles. Moreso, of approximately 1 million classified insects, at least 300,000 are beetles. And yet, he only made one species of himself (actually there were two species: us and Neanderthal but according to the bible, we are it). Your God REALLY likes beetles. Why do you think that is? I mean I know...and I’m pretty sure Neo knows…but I’d like to get your answer ? PS…I’ll even let you google it. ;)

souce: http://hypertextbook...eithSingh.shtml

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Swan I regret that to stay on topic with this post I can not talk bugs with you. The only thing that I will say relating to the topic of this post is bravo to the scouts for standing their ground. I pray that they will continue to uphold their standards. Also I will continue to pray to my Lord Jesus Christ to help and bless you. I have no doubt that he loves you just as much as he loves me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

<br /><br /><br />

No argument there bamagirl, I'm extremely prejudiced against bigots and proud to say so. Disliking good people or claiming someone is "unnatural" because of how they were born is bigotry. Plain and simple. Claiming you have an issue with gays is no different than claiming you have an issue with skin color. I don't care what you think your god tells you It's ignorance at it's finest. You can be honest and open about your bigotry all you want bamagirl, I still don't respect your stance on the subject in the least and I have the right just as you to be open about that. If "open mindedness" in your opinion means respecting open bigotry because some nuts are honest about their prejudices, sorry but I'm close minded on that subject. You can be open minded and accept racism and prejudice all you want. It's a free country.

<br /><br /><br />

Wow, what typical god fearing response there DDS. You're so original. In likewise poorly assumed fashion I would still venture to say "living in my parents basement, drinking gatorade" is still much better than being married to my sister. I could be wrong though, you seem like a happy camper. Anyways…..

Speaking of 8th grade, I suggest you work on your comprehension there friend. I never said straight couples are going to become extinct. Only that "god fearing" bigots will. It's Just a matter of time. Don't get mad at me I didn't make the rules, it's just evolution, ya know something else the bible didn't teach you. Not so sure we're outnumbered at all, if we were I seriously doubt obama would have been elected at all. The trend of religious and prejudicial ignorance is ending fast. Thats why you and others who think like you are so petrified of the "direction the country is going" You reek of fear and I suppose for good reason. Your crowd is starting to dwindle. You see yourselves inevitably becoming the vast fringe minority and this scares you terribly because you know no matter how many guns you collect you're powerless against the changing of good ol "god fearing, gun toting, anglo, straight america.

As far as the government freeloaders? What, you mean all the red state conservatives who are responsible for the majority of the government "freeloading" in this country?? You mean them? They're part of your "crowd" genius just look at the statistics. if you think people who think like me are going extinct, I would suggest looking at the stats and looking at your own fears. they'll tell you all you need to know. There's a bigger world out there than the extreme conservative shelter you escape to here.

As far as not wanting to respond to you, like bama perhaps you should have thought of that before you decided to open your mouth as if you had something worthwhile to spew in the first place. Keep the fear of god alive there buddy. good day.

You're drunk on the kool-aid NEO. No homosexual was "born that way". As for your comment that "God fearing bigots will become extinct", strangely, I agree with you. It's called the Rapure, and I believe it's coming very soon. What's left will be Godless, New-Age, misguided folks like you who have rejected the word of truth. Ironically, you will eventually come to curse the very God you claim doesn't exist for the torment you will be suffering.

• Upvote 3

Rick you allege that you did not intentionally mean to hurt anyone with that statement. But really, how could you not with what you wrote above? If I may, let me take the liberty to wordsmith it a bit and put my spin on it..and then let’s see how you would react if I had first posted this (note it is almost EXACTLY the same tone/wording you used above):

I would not let my parents set foot in a Sunday school class with a Christian. As a daughter I have an obligation to what my elderly parents get exposed to and it is my choice. This topic is an abomination to evolution. Some of these believers are brainwashed while others are simply stupid by choice. I can only hope that they can afford a subscription to the Discovery Channel so they have access to programs on evolution and the myths of religion that can be easily grasp by those who never went on to college or who forget what they learned in 8th grade biology. The United States is a Great Nation that ensures that there is a separation of Church and State, so that religion cannot take us back to the Dark Ages when Church Doctrine ruled. A time of some of the greatest atrocities of mankind: Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Witch Trails, Slavery, all of which were sanctioned by the Church. Our Constitution was written by the Found Fathers, who clearly understood how important it was to separate the two: Church and State. Nowhere in the Constitution does it specify that Christianity is the mother religion. Instead it clearly states that there should be no preference. We believe in Darwin’s theory of Evolution, in which he states: It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. As religion by nature is stationary, it will die.

Deep..honestly, do you know who pays for scientific studies? Believe me, I know, as I work for the largest science foundation in the world. There are pretty much only two ways: Government grants and private contributions. So, as stated in my rebuttal, until 1990 there was a bias towards this type of study. Think of it, if members of this site found out that their Gov’t tax dollars were being spent on finding out which animals took a shine to the same sex, what do you think would happen? Bloody murder, comes to mind. Secondly, when it comes to private contributions, who exactly will benefit from finding this info out? Unless there is some commercial benefit, no one will pay for it.

But now that you did bring up numbers, may I ask you a question? Why did your Creator make so many beetles? There are approximately 250,000 to 350,000 SPECIES of beetles. Moreso, of approximately 1 million classified insects, at least 300,000 are beetles. And yet, he only made one species of himself (actually there were two species: us and Neanderthal but according to the bible, we are it). Your God REALLY likes beetles. Why do you think that is? I mean I know...and I’m pretty sure Neo knows…but I’d like to get your answer ? PS…I’ll even let you google it. ;)

souce: http://hypertextbook...eithSingh.shtml

Tiff, I"ll make it short and sweet. Nowhere in th U.S. Constitution does it say "separation of church and state". That's a fairly modern Supreme Court interpretation. Check out the writings and videos of David Barton if you want to know the true principles of what the United States was founded upon, from the founders themselves.

• Upvote 4

You're drunk on the kool-aid NEO. No homosexual was "born that way". As for your comment that "God fearing bigots will become extinct", strangely, I agree with you. It's called the Rapure, and I believe it's coming very soon. What's left will be Godless, New-Age, misguided folks like you who have rejected the word of truth. Ironically, you will eventually come to curse the very God you claim doesn't exist for the torment you will be suffering.

I can't believe I forgot about that, yeah your'e right we will be extinct, or gone, well said and thanks for bringing it up! :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

NEO and Swan,

Why are you members of this site when 99.9% of the members here just wish both of you would go away (again)... What kind of pleasure do you really get from knowing that??

You both have been given the right to believe whatever you believe to be true.... But the fact of the matter is ---- When we all close our eyes for the last time -- What will you see ???

I hope you will see -- ME

God Bless

Jeff

• Upvote 2

Hmmm...well, actually quite a few according to this site:

http://en.wikipedia....sexual_behavior

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior

Bison[i'

Brown Bear[

Brown Rat[

Caribou[

Cat (domestic)[

Cattle (domestic)[

Chimpanzee[

Common Dolphin[26]

Common Marmoset[27]

Dog[28]

Elephant[29]

Fox[30]

Giraffe[31][3][32]

Goat[16]

Horse (domestic)[33]

Human[34][35][36]

Koala[37]

Lion[34]

Orca[26]

Raccoon[38]

[edit] Birds

Barn Owl[39]

Chicken[40]

Common Gull[41]

Emu[42]

King Penguin[43]

Mallard[44]

Raven[45]

Seagull[46]

Amazon molly[48]

Blackstripe topminnow[49]

Bluegill Sunfish[49]

Char[47]

Grayling[47]

European Bitterling[50]

Green swordtail[50]

Guiana leaffish[51]

Houting Whitefish[47]

Jewel Fish[52]

Least Darter (Microperca punctulata)[50]

Mouthbreeding Fish sp.[49]

Salmon spp.[53]

Southern platyfish[50]

Ten-spined stickleback[50]

Three-spined stickleback[50]

Anole sp.[54]

Bearded Dragon[55]

Broad-headed Skink[50]

Checkered Whiptail Lizard[55]

Chihuahuan Spotted Whiptail Lizard[55]

Common Ameiva[55]

Common Garter Snake[50]

Cuban Green Anole[54]

Desert Grassland Whiptail Lizard[55]

Desert Tortoise[56]

Fence Lizard[55]

Five-lined Skink[disambiguation needed][50]

Gopher (Pine) Snake[49]

Green Anole[54]

Inagua Curlytail Lizard[55]

Jamaican Giant Anole[54]

Laredo Striped Whiptail Lizard[55]

Largehead Anole[54]

Mourning Gecko[57]

Plateau Striped Whiptail Lizard[55]

Red Diamond Rattlesnake[50]

Red-tailed Skink[50]

Side-blotched Lizard[55]

Speckled Rattlesnake[50]

Water Moccasin[50]

Western rattlesnake (Crotalus viridis)[50]

Western Banded Gecko[57]

Whiptail Lizard spp.[55]

Wood Turtle[54]

Appalachian Woodland Salamander[58]

Black-spotted Frog[59]

Mountain Dusky Salamander[58]

Tengger Desert Toad[54]

Alfalfa Weevil[60]

Australian Parasitic Wasp sp.[60]

Bean Weevil sp.[60]

Bedbug and other Bug spp.[61][62]

Blister Beetle spp.[63]

Blowfly[63]

Broadwinged Damselfly sp.[64]

Cabbage (Small) White (Butterfly)[65]

Checkerspot Butterfly[65]

Club-tailed Dragonfly spp.[66]

Cockroach spp.[67]

Common Skimmer Dragonfly spp.[66]

Creeping Water Bug sp.[68]

Cutworm[69]

Digger Bee[70]

Dragonfly spp.[66]

Eastern Giant Ichneumon Wasp[60]

Eucalyptus Longhorned Borer[68]

Field Cricket sp.[71]

Flour Beetle[72]

Fruit Fly spp.[73]

Glasswing Butterfly[65]

Grape Berry Moth[74]

Grape Borer[68]

Green Lacewing[75]

Hen Flea[75]

House Fly[76]

Ichneumon wasp sp.[60]

Japanese Scarab Beetle[77]

Larch Bud Moth[74]

Large Milkweed Bug[62]

Large White[62]

Long-legged Fly spp.[78]

Mazarine Blue[62]

Mediterranean Fruit Fly[73]

Mexican White (butterfly)[62]

Midge sp.[78]

Migratory Locust[79]

Monarch Butterfly[65]

Narrow-winged Damselfly spp.[64]

Parsnip Leaf Miner[78]

Pomace fly[78]

Queen Butterfly[65]

Red Ant sp.[78]

Red Flour Beetle[62]

Reindeer Warble Fly (Hypoderma tarandi)[78]

Rose Chafer[disambiguation needed][78]

Rove Beetle spp.[62]

Scarab Beetle (Melolonthine)[80]

Screwworm Fly[78]

Silkworm Moth[74]

Southeastern Blueberry Bee[70]

Southern Green Stink Bug[62]

Southern Masked Chafer[78]

Southern One-Year Canegrub[78]

Spreadwinged Damselfly spp.[64]

Spruce Budworm Moth[74]

Stable Fly sp.[78]

Stag Beetle spp.[62]

Tsetse Fly[78]

Water Boatman Bug[disambiguation needed][62]

Water Strider spp.[62]

Blood-Fluke[81]

Box Crab[82]

Harvest Spider sp.[83]

Hawaiian Orb-Weaver (spider)[83]

Incirrate Octopus spp.[82]

Jumping Spider sp.[83]

Mite sp.[78]

Spiny-Headed Worm[84]

Personally, I'm a little miffed that beavers weren't on it. :P

Uh Hey sweety could ya deleat #28. Ya I like beavers . Just saying

Swan,

Of all the people I read on this site I would have expected you to believe that People should have higher moral standards than animals.

Chimps attack, kill, and eat rival groups of chimps. We are suppose to be different.

• Upvote 1

NEO and Swan,

Why are you members of this site when 99.9% of the members here just wish both of you would go away (again)... What kind of pleasure do you really get from knowing that??

You both have been given the right to believe whatever you believe to be true.... But the fact of the matter is ---- When we all close our eyes for the last time -- What will you see ???

I hope you will see -- ME

God Bless

Jeff

Speak for yourself Bodeen, I like to see all sides of an issue, even those I vehemently disagree with. The more people engage in respectful dicussion, the more we can come together as Americans. Constant back and forth name calling and jabbing accomplishes nothing, and I've seen a TON of that on the forum lately, from BOTH sides...What ever happened to common ground? Our country has become far too polarzied against any little thing they disagree with, and as long as we remain divided, we will be stuck in neutral. We have far more incommon than we all think. We all worry about bills, our loved ones, want a good life for us and our kids, we want good jobs, and fun vacations, and we ALL want to see America strong and prosperous again. Fighting each other constantly will not achieve this.

People that want everything their way, or only one way are completely Un-American in my book...this county was founded on DISSENT, and new ideas and going against the grain...as well, the 1st Amendment ensures that everyone is heard, no matter how horrific to you or I the subject matter may seem.

There are plenty of things, groups and views I dislike, but hey, that's America, where everone is supposed to have a voice, and be able to live their lives in any fashion they choose. If we all try and see things from someone's else's perspective once in awhile, it may just open your mind up to a new idea, or way of doing things. Thanks all, JMO

• Upvote 5

Great post gente.

Personally I believe that a private organization should not be forced to accept members that do not meet the criteria for joining. It's like people that don't like cigarette smoke, don't go where people do smoke and inconvenience those who do. This is a lot more complicated and convoluted of a situation though. But. Honestly I don't know much about the BSA, and have had zero exposure to its members. For that matter I do not know the ins and outs of the legalities of membership in the bsa and the associated rulings beyond what I'm reading in this thread.

Am I understanding the following correctly? One are children whose parents are the same sex not being allowed to join bsa? Two, are g a y children not being allowed to join? Three, are same sex parents not being allowed to act as guides/ troop leaders/ whatever it's called? I think it's a bit skewed by both sides if the above is true. And disturbing.

While I vehemently disagree with anyone who feels g a y s are evil, immoral, and unnatural (it's a variation in genetic coding that can happen in most species, considering everything on earth has similar DNA) on the grounds of common sense and evidence, I do think it's asking for trouble for anyone age, gender, religion, sexual orientation not withstanding to try and join with or force themselves upon others or groups where they are not desired or 'allowed'. I mean this objectively. Think about it. I'm white, the black panthers would probably not find it amusing if I tried to make them accept me as a member. The same is true regarding someone who isn't white joining the kkk. Btw, yes they do hate people who are not white, there is a group within fifty miles of me. They tried to hold a rally in my home town a few years ago. The city allowed them a demonstration but placed all the county school buses around them to keep them out of view of civilized people.

The boy scouts are popular, and have a long history. But, as far as I'm understanding it g a y s are not allowed to participate. I could be wrong. I think that's pretty sad. Holding a CRJ degree, and from where I got it, plus actual real world experience, I've seen the real research and statistics and met some of the people who collect and compile it regarding crimes involving children across the nation. No propaganda, just the truth. And that is same sex parents are no real threat to your kids. Sorry. Although I do think kids need to be kids and sexuality of any kind should not be flaunted around them too much.

So my question to the same sex partners and g a y children is this; why not just start your own more tolerant group, or find an organization that is more welcoming? Not everyone is hostile. It's not giving up, it's creating room for something potentially better. Do you really want to be a part of an organization that doesn't allow something you have no control over to keep you from participating? Things, people or otherwise, that are resistant to change will surely fail. Eventually. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

Bluegrass, thanks for bringing the thread back on topic... it lost it's original intent a few pages ago. I agree with you, if you aren't welcomed in a certain club start your own... you'd be more comfortable with like minded people anyways..

• Upvote 2

Bluegrass, thanks for bringing the thread back on topic... it lost it's original intent a few pages ago. I agree with you, if you aren't welcomed in a certain club start your own... you'd be more comfortable with like minded people anyways..

Exactly, why would you want to be in a group that you don't agree with or doesn't agree with you. People don't seem to understand that you can disagree without it being disrespect. Our country is way to divided right now, I remember O's campaign speech saying we are going to unite beyond party lines, ummm yeah right. We do have to remember that first and foremost before D, I, or R, we are all Americans regardless!! One of my favorite movies of all time is Independence Day, where the entire world stood together to keep the human race from being annihilated.

• Upvote 2

Exactly, why would you want to be in a group that you don't agree with or doesn't agree with you. People don't seem to understand that you can disagree without it being disrespect. Our country is way to divided right now, I remember O's campaign speech saying we are going to unite beyond party lines, ummm yeah right. We do have to remember that first and foremost before D, I, or R, we are all Americans regardless!! One of my favorite movies of all time is Independence Day, where the entire world stood together to keep the human race from being annihilated.

I love that movie, did you know they're finally making a sequel?

• Upvote 1

I love that movie, did you know they're finally making a sequel?

That I didn't, thanks for the heads up I can't wait to see it, that and Avatar 2, my second favorite movie was the first Avatar. What's really a weird twist of fate, scouts honor, LOL, I'm leaving for BSA Camp Wilderness tomorrow for the weekend with my 7 year old. Should be fun, I'll have to catch up with you all Sunday night.