Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Guru say's Dinar listed at $7.62 on french FOREX

rico1

I posted on a similar article and I'll post it here again. I was in France last week and there was no activity in France on the Dinar exchange rate. I was in multiple Forex Exchange facilities in the past 14 days in Italy, France, and Spain and none of them would acknowledge any Dinar transactions as possible. I asked at every one of them I was in what the exchange rate was and they all told me they did not exchange Dinar at any rate as it was not a recognized currency for exchange.

Folks, I think its time for a little common sense to start creeping into the Dinar discussions. Gurus are either making stuff up or being fed a load of feces by their "sources" and repeating it. Please just see if anything you read passes the "smell" test and your own gut feelings before putting any stock in it.

• Upvote 2

It appears that your pumping Jack. :mad:

BL has no more intel than I do.

I only pump gas into my car.

BL is the one calling the dates. She earlier said June 15th, then July 15th was a possible window. Now it's July 20th. She might be taking an online class from Okie on how to call rates and dates.

I posted on a similar article and I'll post it here again. I was in France last week and there was no activity in France on the Dinar exchange rate. I was in multiple Forex Exchange facilities in the past 14 days in Italy, France, and Spain and none of them would acknowledge any Dinar transactions as possible. I asked at every one of them I was in what the exchange rate was and they all told me they did not exchange Dinar at any rate as it was not a recognized currency for exchange.

Folks, I think its time for a little common sense to start creeping into the Dinar discussions. Gurus are either making stuff up or being fed a load of feces by their "sources" and repeating it. Please just see if anything you read passes the "smell" test and your own gut feelings before putting any stock in it.

A breath of fresh air! Thanks...

I really want to wrap my brain around this so "I" understand. I have said in at least four posts that I don't know Jack about currency investing. What I do know is how to read data. Earlier this morning I did a search on the financials that were posted by Eagle1, it took me to Yahoo Finance where I was able to see the statistical graphs for the Rate of Exchange on 7/9/2 and 7/13/12 for the EUR/IQD, to which I posted the screen shots earlier in this thread. I couldn't begin to explain what any of that meant, but wanted to see what the hubbub was about for myself.

About a half an hour ago I went into XE and looked up the the pair (you too can do this). I used the interactive charts and graphed out the statistical data for the same date ranges and the data is there on 7/9/2012. So I guess I am a little lost, if there are no glitches in the posting of live rates (as was previously posted by another dv member earlier), and no one confirms this significant fluctuation on 7/9/2012 in Italy, France,or Spain, what would be the explanation for the rates between the EUR/IQD which obviously is now part of the historical data for 7/9/2012? I just need to understand this, and right now what smells fishy to me is the exchange rate did show a significant change. Could it just possibly have been adjusted for the signing of contracts on July 9, 2012, which would have needed a factual rate of exchange for the purpose of fully executing a contract? I am really sorry if thats a stupid question, but you are quite intelligent and in the right places to know, and to ask; but thats just where my head logically goes. Would it not be sort of locking in a rate for the purpose of closing a deal? (kind of like locking a rate in on a mortgage for a future closing date)?

• Upvote 2

Trading Spot FX is Decentralized

Unlike in trading stocks or futures, you don't need to go through a centralized exchange like the New York Stock Exchange with just one price. In the forex market, there is no single price that for a given currency at any time, which means quotes from different currency dealers vary.

decentralized-market.png

"So many choices! Awesome!"<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; outline: none; ">This might be overwhelming at first, but this is what makes the forex market so freakin' awesome! The market is so huge and the competition between dealers is so fierce that you get the best deal almost every single time. And tell me, who does not want that?

If anybody really wants to confirm if the IQD is being traded on the FOREX then download a "Demo" version of a trade terminal such as the MT4 platform. Once the IQD is listed on "Market Watch" then it is traded. If it isn't, then it is not being traded. Some brokerage firms have exotic currencies while others don't, but the bottom line is, get a Demo version and look for yourself. As you now know from the above information, the FX market is a decentralized market so if a currency is being traded by one major bank, there are others that are also dealing with it!

http://www.fxcm.com/...4.jsp#Open_Demo

https://fxtrade.oand...ter/game/signup

Supply & Demand

I only pump gas into my car.

BL is the one calling the dates. She earlier said June 15th, then July 15th was a possible window. Now it's July 20th. She might be taking an online class from Okie on how to call rates and dates.

I'll pass on BL's posts. She and Okie are two peas in a pod. The validity of BL's posts are in the toilet as far as I'm concerned.

You guys can believe what you want to. I prefer to keep it real.

There was a post Eagle1 made soon after the one on this thread, he makes it clear that the rate he mentions, is no longer there..............I know this because I am a member of the mentioned site.

The numbers he mentioned is in fact accurate......at the time of Eagle1's post, I went to the different provided links & saw this with my own two eyes.

With that said..........I still in my gut feel it was just simply a glitch. We all have seen this before.

And as for the his reference to Talabani returning to Iraq from Germany (I believe) in a week........as far as I could tell, that was a rehashed article.

So other than the mentioned rates really showing.....I can't get myself excited over the same things year after year.

Thanks Dan, I am not sure that it was a glitch. I'll call it a calculated glitch. For sure, Forex markets should not have glitches and if so they can only afford a glitch on a Friday night after markets close. HEE HEE. In November 2009 actually the 12th, on at least 8 forex sites the IQD/USD was 1.49. I saw it with my own eyes. It stayed that way for about 8 hours . At that time I was a short time MILLIONAIRE. I joined this site the next day. I will say Iraq has progressed financially light years since that happened. I also do find it Ironic, that Zebari was in France at the same time cutting the ribbon for the Iraqi embassy. Do I believe the IQD will come out above 1.00, heck NO! I'd be jummpin up and down for .50! :D But , I do believe, we may see some movement soon. Because: 1. problems with Iran and Syria. 2. The price of oil is dropping to the point it's interferring with their budget. 3. IMO, Shabs has been ready to pull the trigger since 2010, and least but not last, It looks like the Maliki has had enough pressure applied to seat the government. :D The rest is just Smoke and Mirrors. :lol:

I really want to wrap my brain around this so "I" understand. I have said in at least four posts that I don't know Jack about currency investing. What I do know is how to read data. Earlier this morning I did a search on the financials that were posted by Eagle1, it took me to Yahoo Finance where I was able to see the statistical graphs for the Rate of Exchange on 7/9/2 and 7/13/12 for the EUR/IQD, to which I posted the screen shots earlier in this thread. I couldn't begin to explain what any of that meant, but wanted to see what the hubbub was about for myself.

About a half an hour ago I went into XE and looked up the the pair (you too can do this). I used the interactive charts and graphed out the statistical data for the same date ranges and the data is there on 7/9/2012. So I guess I am a little lost, if there are no glitches in the posting of live rates (as was previously posted by another dv member earlier), and no one confirms this significant fluctuation on 7/9/2012 in Italy, France,or Spain, what would be the explanation for the rates between the EUR/IQD which obviously is now part of the historical data for 7/9/2012? I just need to understand this, and right now what smells fishy to me is the exchange rate did show a significant change. Could it just possibly have been adjusted for the signing of contracts on July 9, 2012, which would have needed a factual rate of exchange for the purpose of fully executing a contract? I am really sorry if thats a stupid question, but you are quite intelligent and in the right places to know, and to ask; but thats just where my head logically goes. Would it not be sort of locking in a rate for the purpose of closing a deal? (kind of like locking a rate in on a mortgage for a future closing date)?

Sorry, I may have said that backwards on the dates.

20MIL ::: the CBI lists the conversion of QD to a lot of other currencies on their web site for comparison only... the key thing that even if IQD did show up on any Forex for reference the report was NO BIDs and NO ASKs that is it DID NOT trade! You know that . But the GUROOOS made a big point about NOTHING.

I'll pass on BL's posts. She and Okie are two peas in a pod. The validity of BL's posts are in the toilet as far as I'm concerned.

You have guts in saying that ... BL is one of those taboo topics around here.....

Maybe was interpreted wrong but I can speak for Jackster on this one, he does not believe BondLady, Kaperoni, or Okie. That is for sure!

Yahoo Finance did this same thing with posting a new rate for the dinar and dong last year......nothing ever came of it. Most on here will recall

First of all, I am not all that intelligent on Dinar. As a matter of fact, I'm probably one of the least knowledgable folks on here about the subject. Your screen shots are obviously real and I can see why you would feel encouraged. I would too! And there are no stupid questions in my world otherwise I'd never ask one. lol.

I was only pointing out that I was in Europe and at the Forex Currency Exhanges they all denied any activity or that they would even exchange Dinar. I took $25k with me just in case I could fly back first class :)

I truly have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. I wish I did, but I don't. There have been other times in the past where screens would show anomolies then change back. No idea why this occurs. My opinion is there is a ways to go before anything happens. Whether that be a redenom, a LOP, or a RV I don't know. I think they have a plan, but I think there are too many factions and fingers in the pie right now and I still believe Chapter VII issues and in particular the Erbil agreement and full government & stability need to be completed before the Dinar will see any significant change. JMO! :D