Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could one cash out over the pond???

AustinMom

This has been copied from another web site. Will someone with more FOREX intelligence, than I have, help me decipher this article. ;) Does this mean that people COULD fly across the pond and actually cash in some of their dinar? :o What do you think? Again, this is copied from another web site... Don't throw stones at me. :D

--------------------------------

Thursday at roughly 5:00 PM Eastern, the IQD showed up on FOREX at the Frankfurt Exchange, and shortly thereafter on the Paris Exchange. For reasons explained otherwise, it did not appear on Citibank’s FOREX site in the U.S., and that may be because the USD was not referenced in this announcement.

The actual exchange looked like this:

EUR/IQD (EUR-IQD.F)-Frankfurt

0.16 1,555.5270 (99.9900%) Jul 12

Add to Portfolio. Prev Close: 1,474.7684

Open: N/A

Bid: N/A

Ask: N/A

Day's Range: N/A - N/A

52wk Range: 1,436.6387 - 1,678.8651

..Compare Brokers

EUR-IQD.F EUR/IQD 0.16 Currencies FRA

EURIQD=X EUR/IQD 1,418.05 Currencies CCY

As you can see, the IQD was referenced to the Euro. The Euro was equal (in this posting) to .16 IQD. That would make the IQD worth Eu6.25. Take the current value of the Euro against the US Dollar and we have a valuation of the IQD against the USD equal to $7.62.

Thursday night’s appearance on both the Frankfurt and Paris exchanges did more than raise some eyebrows. Delta’s first reaction was that this was a glitch in the FOREX computers, but the rate continued to display for some seven hours. (Update: The rate was still there, by the way, as of noon Friday.) We’ve seen glitches before, but they generally last for a few minutes, and maybe an hour at the absolute outside.

There was, however, a fascinating coincidence to the appearance of this item on FOREX (and if you believe that it was a coincidence, I've got a bridge for sale! GRIN!). On the day following the appearance of this rate with both Frankfurt and Paris FOREX exchanges, we learn that the Iraqi Minister of Finance as well as other representatives from the GOI were in Frankfurt and Paris to open up embassies. Makes you go, HMMMMMMMM....

In a previous post, I’ve noted that there has been some ongoing discussion regarding an effort by the U.S. Fed to push the USD to some specific target value against the so-called “basket of currencies” (by which the USD is measured). There’s been a fair amount of speculation among our analysts as to just what that target might be.

Because the IQD (at the program rate of 1166/Dollar) has generally been valued at $.000855 (or thereabouts), the speculation has been that the target value of the USD against the basket of currencies was likely about $.86. The Dollar has for many months ranged between $.79 and $.82, hitting a high roughly a year ago of $.8250.

At the close of the exchanges Thursday night, the USD was at $.8378 against the basket of currencies – the highest we’ve seen in years. Friday morning, the following headline appeared on Citibank’s New York FOREX exchange under a byline by Michael Boutros: US Dollar Index Reaches 10,070 Objective- Consolidation Ahead.

Because we’ve been using the traditional basket of currencies against which the USD’s value is established worldwide, it never occurred to us that the Fed’s objective (along with all of the other central banks) was predicated on a measurement of a much larger (worldwide?) basket.

What this headline (and the attendant article) is telling us is that the target valuation for the USD has been reached – a rate which currencies worldwide can use as a baseline, and a rate which makes the upcoming IQD RV (as well as a group of other currency revaluations) desirable.

Now, let me go back to the posting which appeared Thursday night on Frankfurt’s FOREX exchange. You will see the following notation: EUR-IQD.F EUR/IQD 0.16 Currencies FRA. Here’s where things get interesting. The FRA notation has a double meaning. The first is “Fixed Rate Adjustment.” The second is “Forward Rate Agreement.” In short, a forward rate agreement (FRA) is an over-the-counter financial futures contract on short-term deposits.

Both of these uses of the FRA notation indicate an increase in value and advise currency traders and businesses/nations engaged in contract negotiations with Iraq that the IQD is about to revalue and that future contracts will need to incorporate the new rate.

This would seem to indicate that the target rate for the IQD is $7.62. (I would highly caution all of you to consider this figure with a lot of question marks. For all practical purposes it doubles Frank's $3.86 projection.) Does that mean that Dr. Shabibi will make his announcement with the IQD coming out all at once at this 7.62 rate?

For those of us who have analyzed this piece of information, it would seem like that would cause a shock in many economies, and that a gradual increase over a six-to-twelve month (or even an 18-month) span in 90-day increments, the first being at Ernst & Young’s suggested $1.30 rate being the more logical and probable.

I don’t have that answer – YET! What I do know is that the wheels are turning and Shabibi’s announcement is imminent. If we get anything like $7.62 at the outset, you’ll have to cover your ears to protect your hearing from the deafening roar of excitement!

Lastly, there’s been more than a little scuttle about both Shabibi and Maliki (the PM) awaiting the return of Talabani, Iraq’s President, and affording him the honor of making the announcement. Friday’s news indicates that Talabani will be back in one week, and that he has been recuperating from back surgery. Frank's mention of July 23rd as a highly possible date sits well with all of us.

-------------------------- End of the posting (from another site)

You bet.

You can open up a bank account in the USA through your local bank to Bank of France or Bundesbank. Your local bank can convert your IQD to EURO FOREX rates using their SWIT CODES & electronic transfer your IQD.

Remember...you can only take 10K out of country through US Customs & the rest must be declared.

This has been copied from another web site. Will someone with more FOREX intelligence, than I have, help me decipher this article. ;) Does this mean that people COULD fly across the pond and actually cash in some of their dinar? :o What do you think? Again, this is copied from another web site... Don't throw stones at me. :D

Thursday at roughly 5:00 PM Eastern, the IQD showed up on FOREX at the Frankfurt Exchange, and shortly thereafter on the Paris Exchange. For reasons explained otherwise, it did not appear on Citibank’s FOREX site in the U.S., and that may be because the USD was not referenced in this announcement.

..Compare Brokers

As you can see, the IQD was referenced to the Euro. The Euro was equal (in this posting) to .16 IQD. That would make the IQD worth Eu6.25. Take the current value of the Euro against the US Dollar and we have a valuation of the IQD against the USD equal to $7.62.

Thursday night’s appearance on both the Frankfurt and Paris exchanges did more than raise some eyebrows. Delta’s first reaction was that this was a glitch in the FOREX computers, but the rate continued to display for some seven hours. (Update: The rate was still there, by the way, as of noon Friday.) We’ve seen glitches before, but they generally last for a few minutes, and maybe an hour at the absolute outside.

There was, however, a fascinating coincidence to the appearance of this item on FOREX (and if you believe that it was a coincidence, I've got a bridge for sale! GRIN!). On the day following the appearance of this rate with both Frankfurt and Paris FOREX exchanges, we learn that the Iraqi Minister of Finance as well as other representatives from the GOI were in Frankfurt and Paris to open up embassies. Makes you go, HMMMMMMMM....

In a previous post, I’ve noted that there has been some ongoing discussion regarding an effort by the U.S. Fed to push the USD to some specific target value against the so-called “basket of currencies” (by which the USD is measured). There’s been a fair amount of speculation among our analysts as to just what that target might be.

Because the IQD (at the program rate of 1166/Dollar) has generally been valued at $.000855 (or thereabouts), the speculation has been that the target value of the USD against the basket of currencies was likely about $.86. The Dollar has for many months ranged between $.79 and $.82, hitting a high roughly a year ago of $.8250.

At the close of the exchanges Thursday night, the USD was at $.8378 against the basket of currencies – the highest we’ve seen in years. Friday morning, the following headline appeared on Citibank’s New York FOREX exchange under a byline by Michael Boutros: US Dollar Index Reaches 10,070 Objective- Consolidation Ahead.

Because we’ve been using the traditional basket of currencies against which the USD’s value is established worldwide, it never occurred to us that the Fed’s objective (along with all of the other central banks) was predicated on a measurement of a much larger (worldwide?) basket.

What this headline (and the attendant article) is telling us is that the target valuation for the USD has been reached – a rate which currencies worldwide can use as a baseline, and a rate which makes the upcoming IQD RV (as well as a group of other currency revaluations) desirable.

Now, let me go back to the posting which appeared Thursday night on Frankfurt’s FOREX exchange. You will see the following notation: EUR-IQD.F EUR/IQD 0.16 Currencies FRA. Here’s where things get interesting. The FRA notation has a double meaning. The first is “Fixed Rate Adjustment.” The second is “Forward Rate Agreement.” In short, a forward rate agreement (FRA) is an over-the-counter financial futures contract on short-term deposits.

Both of these uses of the FRA notation indicate an increase in value and advise currency traders and businesses/nations engaged in contract negotiations with Iraq that the IQD is about to revalue and that future contracts will need to incorporate the new rate.

This would seem to indicate that the target rate for the IQD is $7.62. (I would highly caution all of you to consider this figure with a lot of question marks. For all practical purposes it doubles Frank's $3.86 projection.) Does that mean that Dr. Shabibi will make his announcement with the IQD coming out all at once at this 7.62 rate?

For those of us who have analyzed this piece of information, it would seem like that would cause a shock in many economies, and that a gradual increase over a six-to-twelve month (or even an 18-month) span in 90-day increments, the first being at Ernst & Young’s suggested $1.30 rate being the more logical and probable.

I don’t have that answer – YET! What I do know is that the wheels are turning and Shabibi’s announcement is imminent. If we get anything like $7.62 at the outset, you’ll have to cover your ears to protect your hearing from the deafening roar of excitement!

Lastly, there’s been more than a little scuttle about both Shabibi and Maliki (the PM) awaiting the return of Talabani, Iraq’s President, and affording him the honor of making the announcement. Friday’s news indicates that Talabani will be back in one week, and that he has been recuperating from back surgery. Frank's mention of July 23rd as a highly possible date sits well with all of us.

It looks more like a tiered cash in. One favorable rate of $7 for the elite & nations holding IQD & $1 USD for the peons. The Bilderbergs & Rothchilds have been busy taking care of themselves first & screwing everyone else over.

"For those of us who have analyzed this piece of information, it would seem like that would cause a shock in many economies, and that a gradual increase over a six-to-twelve month (or even an 18-month) span in 90-day increments, the first being at Ernst & Young’s suggested $1.30 rate being the more logical and probable".

hahhahahaha wow you had my attention untill i saw 7.62 per dinar ------- then i went to thinking p-t-r pumper now lives in england ------ also just checked the rates are the same for euro as for the dollar exchange --.ooo86 noooooo change but thanks for the updates ,,,,

Remember...you can only take 10K out of country through US Customs & the rest must be declared.

Very true but if you were coming to the UK you can bring in £10,000 worth of a currency so that would be $15,500...

you could always post it to yourself !!

Oh and another thing ..... to cash out over here you would need to open a bank account .... to do that you need to be a resident

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 2

I know this is off the original subject, but I don't believe for a minute that elite people will cash in at a higher rate than the rest of us. I really feel that once the RV is announced, it'll be the same rate across the board for everyone. If the cash in rate changes, hopefully at a higher rate, it'll change for all. Just my opinion. GO RV !!! B)

• Upvote 6

..Compare Brokers

First, the rate will be the same around the globe.

I looked up Forex exchanges in Frankfurt and Paris. Found worldexecutive for Frankfurt and exchangerate for Paris. IQD is NOT listed.

Checked the Paris stock exchange. No IQD.

Opening an embassy? They already have a consulate in Frankfurt, so don't need an embassy. An embassy is located in Paris already. Address: 53, rue de la Faisanderie, Paris, France, 75016 France resumed relations with Iraq in 2003.

This posting at best is outdated. If it is being pushed as current news, then I would say that the contributor has an agenda. If certain points are false, then more than likely the rest is false.

Also, "Forward Rate Agreement"? It is NOT also known as "Fixed Rate Agreement". Another falsehood.

Definition of 'Forward Rate Agreement - FRA'

An over-the-counter contract between parties that determines the rate of interest, or the currency exchange rate, to be paid or received on an obligation beginning at a future start date. The contract will determine the rates to be used along with the termination date and notional value. On this type of agreement, it is only the differential that is paid on the notional amount of the contract.

Also known as a "future rate agreement".

Typically, for agreements dealing with interest rates, the parties to the contract will exchange a fixed rate for a variable one. The party paying the fixed rate is usually referred to as the borrower, while the party receiving the fixed rate is referred to as the lender.

For a basic example, assume Company A enters into an FRA with Company B in which Company A will receive a fixed rate of 5% for one year on a principal of $1 million in three years. In return, Company B will receive the one-year LIBOR rate, determined in three years' time, on the principal amount. The agreement will be settled in cash in three years.

If, after three years' time, the LIBOR is at 5.5%, the settlement to the agreement will require that Company A pay Company B. This is because the LIBOR is higher than the fixed rate. Mathematically, $1 million at 5% generates $50,000 of interest for Company A while $1 million at 5.5% generates $55,000 in interest for Company B. Ignoring present values, the net difference between the two amounts is $5,000, which is paid to Company B.

I like the part where he says "I don't have the answer...YET!" Get the facts right first.

• Upvote 2

Cajun and Jack are correct. The Europeans will not have an advantage.

I plan to cash in here, make an estimated tax payment, file my return and not look back. I have no plans to get twisted with the IRS. It would suck to be semi wealthy whilst sitting in Federal prison. I'm an accounting nerd by trade and prefer to play by the rules.

• Upvote 1

the only confirmation I could give you is that this definitely did not happen.

Can you confirm this didn't happen?

The EU is standing on their last leg, they are in really, really, really bad shape! I believe this is possible and probably has already happen many times over. It's no crime to play on people's ignorance. This is a clever ideal for the EU to make money while playing on the peoples ignorance.

THIS, I CAN BELIEVE!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

The EU is standing on their last leg, they are in really, really, really bad shape! I believe this is possible and probably has already happen many times over. It's no crime to play on people's ignorance. This is a clever ideal for the EU to make money while playing on the peoples ignorance.

THIS, I CAN BELIEVE!!!

I can confirm this did not happen. I was in Italy, France, and Spain for the last 2 weeks and just now got back. There was no Dinar exchange listed at any of the Forex exchange posts I visited and I asked every day at every one of them I went to.

THIS, I CAN BELIEVE!!!

Eh yeah I can ..... up until 3 weeks ago I was actually in Iraq (not much to report from that trip) ... right now im in Scotland, if something happened in france of germany belive me I would have heard about it

• Upvote 4

....up until 3 weeks ago I was actually in Iraq (not much to report from that trip) ..

End Quote

Machine... I understand you don't have much to report in regard to your Iraq trip... But could you please just give us your general impression / perspective you got out of it? Did you feel that the Country is progressing somehow? Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

....up until 3 weeks ago I was actually in Iraq (not much to report from that trip) ..

End Quote

Machine... I understand you don't have much to report in regard to your Iraq trip... But could you please just give us your general impression / perspective you got out of it? Did you feel that the Country is progressing somehow? Thanks in advance.

Ditto U. I too would like to understand Machines honest impression of the environment in Iraq.

I plan to cash in here, make an estimated tax payment, file my return and not look back. I have no plans to get twisted with the IRS. It would suck to be semi wealthy whilst sitting in Federal prison. I'm an accounting nerd by trade and prefer to play by the rules.

But Ski, you said you were very good at "cooking the books" and your daughter even calls you the "chef" because you are so good at it. Just sayin' :lol:

• Upvote 1

Follow-Up from Eagle1 at KTFA Emailed to Recaps Sun.

07/15/2012

Follow-up to Frankfort Forex from Eagle-1 - possible TIMING

Jxxxxxxx asked me a similar question, so let me respond here on the forum with pretty much the same answer I gave to Jim since this is a question spinning around in more than a few heads.

One would think that the 17th is the next logical day, and that may well be the case. Honestly, I look for the announcement virtually any minute. Normally, however, when an item like this shows up on FOREX and it is still there at the end of the business day, it will remain there until trading resumes, whether it begins the next morning at 8:00 AM or, in the case of a weekend, when trading resumes on Monday morning.

Read More Link on Right

As far as whether they would wait for a week or not to implement the actual rate change, because of the possibility of investors scooping up the currency (and some will do that anyway!) and expecting to reap their dividend within 24 hours or even a week, the actual release time is kept a closely guarded secret, and could delay as much as 30 days (and even 90 days in some cases) if the IMF and Central Bank thought it appropriate.

As far as I know, (and this certainly doesn't mean I know all there is to know about this process!) the general rule of thumb is that when these items show up like this on FOREX, we can usually expect the actual currency change to occur within 72 hours.

Notice, also, that the announcement came just prior to a weekend. No trading takes place over the weekend, and by making the announcement at the close of business on a Thursday, it limits speculative trading.

Traders generally know that (and there are restrictions in place -- TOUGH RESTRICTIONS) they can't implement any currency transactions with that particular currency during the following 72 hours. Hence, the weekend announcement.

That's my take on things, for what it's worth!

Blessings on you.

Eagle1

###############################################

He's calling the date for the 17th. I suppose he means July. The man lives in a bubble. On TBS...Very Funny.

the only confirmation I could give you is that this definitely did not happen.

haha......you would think that people would understand by now that (Your Avatar ) would tell them all they need to know ......but i guess some people out there just don't get it

Glad too see .............. Traveling Men

• Upvote 1

I agree with ya... I want a bedroom without the bars lol

• Upvote 1

I agree with ya... I want a bedroom without the bars lol

I guess that some people just don't like being americans .......death and tax's ......you two unalenable rights as a USA citizen ......and just think if you get away with the Tax part .......and have bundles in your pocket .....well the later will come to you on any bad street in America .......hahahahahohmy.gif

But Ski, you said you were very good at "cooking the books" and your daughter even calls you the "chef" because you are so good at it. Just sayin' :lol:

Hey Carello,

I thought you had me on ignore. The tax laws in this country are extremely complicated. Wealthy Americans have the ability to set up entities to avoid tax liability. It's perfectly legal and within GAAP standards. You just need the right chefs in the kitchen to manage the meal.

I have done nothing wrong and would never suggest to ANY member that they avoid paying their taxes. Your a smart cookie. I'm sure you understand my point.

Ski

Hey Carello,

I thought you had me on ignore. The tax laws in this country are extremely complicated. Wealthy Americans have the ability to set up entities to avoid tax liability. It's perfectly legal and within GAAP standards. You just need the right chefs in the kitchen to manage the meal.

I have done nothing wrong and would never suggest to ANY member that they avoid paying their taxes. Your a smart cookie. I'm sure you understand my point.

Ski

I do have you on Ignore, but sometimes it is just so slow with the news, I snoop around for a giggle, and there it was, a golden egg, and you scrambled it up to meet your menu. Good girl, you haven't lost your touch.

Enough entertainment...back to Ignore. Thanks.

• Upvote 1