Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My Prediction for the Iraqi Dinar

20MillionDinar

20Million, I've always respected your knowledge and insight into the world of finance...If I had a couple extra thousand laying around I'd be bending your ear on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I don't. Like most, I've come down a little from my ivory tower expectations with the Dinar, but I'm still hopeful that something positive will come of it. Thanks for your willingness to share your due diligence.

• Upvote 3

20Million, I've always respected your knowledge and insight into the world of finance...If I had a couple extra thousand laying around I'd be bending your ear on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I don't. Like most, I've come down a little from my ivory tower expectations with the Dinar, but I'm still hopeful that something positive will come of it. Thanks for your willingness to share your due diligence.

Hi CSLewis,

Thanks for the compliments. I really do hope that they defy all logic and rules of economics for everybody's sake! Best of luck to you CLewis.

• Upvote 1

20Million, I'm really enjoying this thread and all your input. Something about your knowledge draws me to your threads. That's a good thing.

As of now you have instilled so much information that I think I'm on overdrive. Glad you bring such detail information across the board.

In saying this, please don't let the nay sayers ruffle your feathers. Cause then the Mods will jump in and lock it. Stay your classy self, lot's of deep breaths and move forward. ;) Now onward. :D

Very inspiring. I'll try to apply that myself.

And you're right about 20Mill. He has brought a lot of knowledge and insight while keeping it humble.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks 20 I will check out e trade I manage my two pensions as far as risk involved in the market half medium half low but the return hasn't been great the past few years ill check out wally weavers post and maybe put the annuity money in something he has posted I'm interested in silver but never researched it so I guess I've got some homework to do

• Upvote 1

Thanks 20 I will check out e trade I manage my two pensions as far as risk involved in the market half medium half low but the return hasn't been great the past few years ill check out wally weavers post and maybe put the annuity money in something he has posted I'm interested in silver but never researched it so I guess I've got some homework to do

Sounds good Ayrnay! Let me know if I can be of assistance at all, I'll do my best to help guide you through the process as best as possible.

Hey 20 good read so far on this thread lol a few die hard RV'ers getting their knickers in a twist lol.

You know me .... as far as making money goes I think were on the same page but I think i'll still hang on to my dinar just to see what happens.

WOW 26 really I thought you were older ..... I turned 30 there last month when I was in Iraq.

• Upvote 1

NOT

I agree! I don't know where people are getting this 1 to 1 stuff from, but if that's the vibration they want to put out into the universe, they can go right ahead. But on the other hand, I've said this many times before, you have GE and other major companies ready to do electrical work and other infrastructural work in Iraq once the currency RVs. If the currency is going to RV at 1 to 1 then they might as well be paid in USD. They are waiting for a reason and it is not for a .86 or a $1.00 RV. How attractive is that for outside investors which is what Iraq wants? Not just investors for the currency but real-estate and paper assets too. I know there are some articles out there saying 1 to 1 but come on now, many of these articles are purposely throwing people off and they're doing it for a reason. Also, look up Asiacell (Who is the largest telecommunications company in Iraq). Asiacell to Iraq would be like Verizon to us. Asiacell already said 2 years ago that they are going to start using the IQD for all their dealings and leave the USD alone, here's the fact to back up my statement http://www.zawya.com/story/ZAWYA20100328142022/ They also just recently went IPO at 1 IQD per value, here's my fact on that http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/09/20/asiacell-goes-for-smallest-ipo-record/ So tell me people. Will all of this be done for the country's currency for a $1.00 or under? You have to look between the lines of these articles and use some comon sense and a little faith because nobody including me actually knows except those who are going to push the RV button but take a look at other things going on over there with companies and businesses and how they're utilizing their transactions. I know someone will want to bash me or debate me on this and that's fine but guess what? This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Upvote 3

Jaylee:::: GE, Slumberger, Seimens, et al will move into Iraq as soon as the GOI gets its act together... They dont care what the street value of the IQD is ... They will take their profit in Dollars/Euros...The problem is the laws that govern foriegn investment are not well formed and as we know are tied up in the politics ,and Sharia law... Only Iraqis can own land!..The only way to start a business is to partner with an Iraqi ,but there is no trust on both sides...Then there is the security problem!. I see a couple more years of instability there.

I agree! I don't know where people are getting this 1 to 1 stuff from, but if that's the vibration they want to put out into the universe, they can go right ahead. But on the other hand, I've said this many times before, you have GE and other major companies ready to do electrical work and other infrastructural work in Iraq once the currency RVs. If the currency is going to RV at 1 to 1 then they might as well be paid in USD. They are waiting for a reason and it is not for a .86 or a $1.00 RV. How attractive is that for outside investors which is what Iraq wants? Not just investors for the currency but real-estate and paper assets too. I know there are some articles out there saying 1 to 1 but come on now, many of these articles are purposely throwing people off and they're doing it for a reason. Also, look up Asiacell (Who is the largest telecommunications company in Iraq). Asiacell to Iraq would be like Verizon to us. Asiacell already said 2 years ago that they are going to start using the IQD for all their dealings and leave the USD alone, here's the fact to back up my statement http://www.zawya.com...20100328142022/ They also just recently went IPO at 1 IQD per value, here's my fact on that http://www.iraq-busi...est-ipo-record/ So tell me people. Will all of this be done for the country's currency for a $1.00 or under? You have to look between the lines of these articles and use some comon sense and a little faith because nobody including me actually knows except those who are going to push the RV button but take a look at other things going on over there with companies and businesses and how they're utilizing their transactions. I know someone will want to bash me or debate me on this and that's fine but guess what? This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Where do I start with this one lol ....... outside contractors and big buisness are not waiting for an RV so they can start doing work in Iraq lol there waiting for the security situation to stabilize..... weather there paid in current dinar / dollars or new revalued dinar .... there bottom line dollar value will still be the same.

think about it .... cost of wiring up a light in dollars.... $ 30

cost of wiring up a light in dinar ..... IQD 35,100

now if the dinar RV's @ $3 the the new cost of wiring up the same light in new dinar will be IQD 10

it's all the same why would big buisness be waiting for an RV that's not going to affect them, the only change they will have is the conversion rate on their control sheet.

I am an Electrical Engineering Contractor I've priced jobs all over the world in many different currencies ..... but normally you would price the job in dollars not the local currency unless it's euro's or Yen.

I hope it RV's big just like everyone else ..... but as far as international buisness goes , Iraq is not going to change the rule book there not that special lol.

Now for outside investors .... why would they not buy in now while its cheap, according to your post outside investors are waiting till the currency value dramatically increases ............and then they get less than nothing for their money .... why would they do that ?? ..... smart investors buy while something is undervalued ..... the sheeple buy when something has shot into the stratosphere already and then get slaughtered.

now this is just my critique on your opinion ..... I not trying to bash you nor am I trying to start a back and forth debate that lasts days lol

I'm glad your sticking to your story although i may not agree with it, too many people these days do not stand by what they say especially in this dinar world , good for you buddy. +1

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 2

Step 1: The CBI will adjust the exchange rate of the Dinar from 1166:1 down to 1000:1.

Step 2: A new currency will be distributed throughout Iraq (at the commercial banks) and the Iraqi citizens will exchange their "old" Dinar for the new re-denominated Dinar at a 1:1 rate. Ex: Current 25,000 IQD Note will be exchanged for NEW 25 IQD Note. During this stage ALL wages, loans, debt, prices, etc...will be adjusted accordingly to the new rate

*The time frame doesn't really matter but I am guessing the old Dinar will be accepted in country for roughly 2 years then will no longer be a valid currency. This means that a current 25,000 IQD note will have the same "street value" as the NEW 25 Dinar note. As noted in my "topic description" I expect the re-denomination to occur in 2013 anywhere from January - June.

*Speculators holding the current IQD outside of Iraq will probably only be able to exchange their Dinar at Dinar dealers for the new Dinar. Or, they can exchange it for US dollars. Obviously exchange rate fees and shipping & handling fees will apply resulting in a small loss (roughly 10%-30%). I wouldn't worry about not being able to exchange your current Dinar for the NEW dinar and/or US dollars as the Dinar dealers are in the business of making money. Anytime a currency is bought or sold they make money. However, once the re-denomination occurs, there will be a lot less demand for the IQD as the "dream" of becoming rich is now completely gone. There will be some who still hold on in hopes of the new rate going up to 3+ but that could definitely take years to happen as the Iraqi economy begins to grow and prosper.

*It is highly unlikely that the IQD will be traded on the FOREX market as most Middle Eastern Oil exporting nations do not want their currency to fluctuate on the open market. However, this is still a possibility once the Iraqi Dinar becomes an internationally recognized currency.

The reason I'm posting this in the FOREX discussion is because I recently posted "My Predictions" for Oil, Gold, the Dow, and the S&P 500 for this year. Let's see how everything plays out! <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Ok but you have a big flaw here. If they were to exchange 25K for a 25 note the exchange rate would have to change dramatic! 1166.00 to 1 to 1000.00 to 1 is not a big enough change in Value to LOP you couldn't spend the money without having a wheelbarrell of it on you :lol:

• Upvote 2

WOW 26 really I thought you were older ..... I turned 30 there last month when I was in Iraq.

End Quote

Machine.. I asked you the same question on another thread but maybe you overlooked it.....

Could you please give your general impression of Iraq that you got during your recent trip there? Did you feel the Country is indeed progressing? Thanks in advance.

End Quote

Machine.. I asked you the same question on another thread but maybe you overlooked it.....

Could you please give your general impression of Iraq that you got during your recent trip there? Did you feel the Country is indeed progressing? Thanks in advance.

sorry about that Umbertino I dont always go back to old threads normally the topic changes after 6 or 7 posts lol

Progressing ..... Yes most definitly, but there is still years of rebuilding ahead.

Another thing is that the people (now I mean the average everyday people here) are even more confused about whats happening with their currency than we are ...... you can't believe every piece of news you read even if its from a credible source in Iraq. Almost all media sources have some political affiliation or are entirely owned by a political party, they basically pump out whatever they want or whatever the party is trying to push at the time and everybody seems to be going for the confusion tactic.

Talking with a few currency dealers on the turkish border .... at first they were very hesitant to even talk about the subject, after dealing with them a couple of times they opened up a little. They didnt think anything was going to happen in the next few months, now these guys stated outright from the start that they dont sell IQD but they had absolutly no problem buying IQD from me lol typical.

I was planning to make more trips into the country but at the time a few weeks back bombs started going off everywhere and I decided it would be better to stay out of the way..... my big white ass would just be an IED magnet lol

anyway not much news but I had a good time ......

2 earthquakes

1 forest fire in turkey

lightning storm

sand storm

my horse collapsed with heat exhaustion

and even chased by 12 wild boar across a mountain in turkey

and to top it all off I almost got lost at sea when the sat nav broke lol had to follow a tourist boat back to port lol

Discovery Channel aint got nothing on me lol

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 4

Jaylee:::: GE, Slumberger, Seimens, et al will move into Iraq as soon as the GOI gets its act together... They dont care what the street value of the IQD is ... They will take their profit in Dollars/Euros...The problem is the laws that govern foriegn investment are not well formed and as we know are tied up in the politics ,and Sharia law... Only Iraqis can own land!..The only way to start a business is to partner with an Iraqi ,but there is no trust on both sides...Then there is the security problem!. I see a couple more years of instability there.

Hey Rocklf9, this makes sense dude. Thank you. I'll have to dig some of this intel up.

Where do I start with this one lol ....... outside contractors and big buisness are not waiting for an RV so they can start doing work in Iraq lol there waiting for the security situation to stabilize..... weather there paid in current dinar / dollars or new revalued dinar .... there bottom line dollar value will still be the same.

think about it .... cost of wiring up a light in dollars.... $ 30

cost of wiring up a light in dinar ..... IQD 35,100

now if the dinar RV's @ $3 the the new cost of wiring up the same light in new dinar will be IQD 10

it's all the same why would big buisness be waiting for an RV that's not going to affect them, the only change they will have is the conversion rate on their control sheet.

I am an Electrical Engineering Contractor I've priced jobs all over the world in many different currencies ..... but normally you would price the job in dollars not the local currency unless it's euro's or Yen.

I hope it RV's big just like everyone else ..... but as far as international buisness goes , Iraq is not going to change the rule book there not that special lol.

Now for outside investors .... why would they not buy in now while its cheap, according to your post outside investors are waiting till the currency value dramatically increases ............and then they get less than nothing for their money .... why would they do that ?? ..... smart investors buy while something is undervalued ..... the sheeple buy when something has shot into the stratosphere already and then get slaughtered.

now this is just my critique on your opinion ..... I not trying to bash you nor am I trying to start a back and forth debate that lasts days lol

I'm glad your sticking to your story although i may not agree with it, too many people these days do not stand by what they say especially in this dinar world , good for you buddy. +1

The Machinnnnnneeee, hey good stuff. I can respect and appreciate your view. Nothing negative came out it at all. This is how it should be. Everyone bringing their sources together to try to make more sense out of this thing. You're right, it's always best to invest on the low end. I just think investors would only be interested in investing in a country that they know will bring them significance instead of where they already are. As far as what you do in terms of contracts in different currencies, I wouldn't dare to debate with you there lol I've never done what you're doing lol. Thanks for your input though, it is something I can take in and study as well. Very valuable Sir :)

Edited by JayLee202
  • Upvote 3

sorry about that Umbertino I dont always go back to old threads normally the topic changes after 6 or 7 posts lol

Progressing ..... Yes most definitly, but there is still years of rebuilding ahead.

Another thing is that the people (now I mean the average everyday people here) are even more confused about whats happening with their currency than we are ...... you can't believe every piece of news you read even if its from a credible source in Iraq. Almost all media sources have some political affiliation or are entirely owned by a political party, they basically pump out whatever they want or whatever the party is trying to push at the time and everybody seems to be going for the confusion tactic.

Talking with a few currency dealers on the turkish border .... at first they were very hesitant to even talk about the subject, after dealing with them a couple of times they opened up a little. They didnt think anything was going to happen in the next few months, now these guys stated outright from the start that they dont sell IQD but they had absolutly no problem buying IQD from me lol typical.

I was planning to make more trips into the country but at the time a few weeks back bombs started going off everywhere and I decided it would be better to stay out of the way..... my big white ass would just be an IED magnet lol

anyway not much news but I had a good time ......

2 earthquakes

1 forest fire in turkey

lightning storm

sand storm

my horse collapsed with heat exhaustion

and even chased by 12 wild boar across a mountain in turkey

and to top it all off I almost got lost at sea when the sat nav broke lol had to follow a tourist boat back to port lol

Discovery Channel aint got nothing on me lol

Just read it now... Thak you for your clear description.. It is appreciated....Let's hope.

PS..Glad you made it back home safely.

Edited by umbertino

20MillionDinar smile.gif What I said was I would not continue to argue with you in that thread anymore... about your "joke" being rude to Katie. rolleyes.gif

As for your final comments, I see a trainwreck about to happen and I think I'll just get out of the way. I do want to Thank You for the positive things I have learned from you. If they let you stay in the "lobster cage" I may even come and visit you once in a while.

Hugs, Maggie

It seems that a post is missing...I thought you hit the nail squarely on the head with your last comments, 20. Too bad others won't get a chance to see them. One strings along one way...Another a different way...Just different presentations. Be well.

• Upvote 1

It seems that a post is missing...I thought you hit the nail squarely on the head with your last comments, 20. Too bad others won't get a chance to see them. One strings along one way...Another a different way...Just different presentations. Be well.

His posts were unapproved due to breaking the forum rulesangry.gif

first of all apparently you havent read the sigir report in it it specifically said iraq was going to revalue their money i wanna say last april but because of political instability they decided to wait but i will double check my facts and comment back also if you say they are going to lop then how do you or others expect to become millionaires off of the dinar? Also if you have read kaperoni's latest chats youd know that the dinar outside of country will be put in a pool and traded between different central banks and shabibi will set the price and by the way kaperoni has this on very good authority that this is going to happen i have alot more confidence in him than anyone else in this investment

If you ever come back after checking on that report I think you'll see that the word "revalue" isn't in there. They were talking about currency reform, which is what a redenomination is.

• Upvote 1

I really wish people would quit saying “people will exchange a 25,000 note for a new 25 dinar note”. While it might be true, it’s not a good description of what will happen. The entire currency is being replaced. Stop thinking about what will happen to each denomination. Do you worry about whether you have 5s, 10s, or 20s in your pocket or are you just concerned with the total amount of dollars you have. I imagine it’s the later.

For an Iraqi… if he has 793,450 dinar stashed away, he will take it in and exchange it for 793.45 new dinars. He will not be that concerned with what denominations he gets. He may ask for a couple of the new 200 dinar notes we hear about. He might have a trip to the erotic camel show planned and want all singles for tipping. Who knows. Point being, if you walk in with a single 25000, you might walk out with two 10s and a 5.

• Upvote 1

I have never said I thought this was a done deal, not once ever...

Nor have I asked anyone why they stick around.

I don't like being put in a box 20MillionDinar. I do have eyes of my own.

As for caring about your leaving, I actually do care. While I didn't always agree with your opinions, I always liked to weigh your information and form my own opinions.

By the way, I usually keep my opinions to myself, so really, you have no idea what I believe. I did see a big change in your postings that did not seem like the 20Mill that I had known from before. More arrogant, confronting and aggressive. I will say I was a little suspious of you and your motives in this thread. Adam's Motives have always been clear to me. As for me wanting you to wave pom pom's for an RV... not so much 20Mill. What you or others think about an RV does not really matter that much to me. It is how they treat others that matters. rolleyes.gif JMHO

That said... You Will be missed by many around here. Myself included.

Hugs Again, Maggie

Yes! The Post I was replying to! unsure.gif Looks like several are gone.

Suppose mine will be gone here shortly... ya think? rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 1