Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My Prediction for the Iraqi Dinar

20MillionDinar

Step 1: The CBI will adjust the exchange rate of the Dinar from 1166:1 down to 1000:1.

Step 2: A new currency will be distributed throughout Iraq (at the commercial banks) and the Iraqi citizens will exchange their "old" Dinar for the new re-denominated Dinar at a 1:1 rate. Ex: Current 25,000 IQD Note will be exchanged for NEW 25 IQD Note. During this stage ALL wages, loans, debt, prices, etc...will be adjusted accordingly to the new rate

*The time frame doesn't really matter but I am guessing the old Dinar will be accepted in country for roughly 2 years then will no longer be a valid currency. This means that a current 25,000 IQD note will have the same "street value" as the NEW 25 Dinar note. As noted in my "topic description" I expect the re-denomination to occur in 2013 anywhere from January - June.

*Speculators holding the current IQD outside of Iraq will probably only be able to exchange their Dinar at Dinar dealers for the new Dinar. Or, they can exchange it for US dollars. Obviously exchange rate fees and shipping & handling fees will apply resulting in a small loss (roughly 10%-30%). I wouldn't worry about not being able to exchange your current Dinar for the NEW dinar and/or US dollars as the Dinar dealers are in the business of making money. Anytime a currency is bought or sold they make money. However, once the re-denomination occurs, there will be a lot less demand for the IQD as the "dream" of becoming rich is now completely gone. There will be some who still hold on in hopes of the new rate going up to 3+ but that could definitely take years to happen as the Iraqi economy begins to grow and prosper.

*It is highly unlikely that the IQD will be traded on the FOREX market as most Middle Eastern Oil exporting nations do not want their currency to fluctuate on the open market. However, this is still a possibility once the Iraqi Dinar becomes an internationally recognized currency.

The reason I'm posting this in the FOREX discussion is because I recently posted "My Predictions" for Oil, Gold, the Dow, and the S&P 500 for this year. Let's see how everything plays out! <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

I don't normally respond to these types of posts because how many times can you really beat a dead horse about predictions but I will say this.

Firstly.... the change to 1000:1 is a prediction made by many people, including myself who predicted this back in November 2011...and no you will not find a post by me on this information on DV.

Secondly... the bank employees in Iraq were trained last September (yes this was all to go down last fall) on how to exchange the dinar....that being a 25,000 dinar note would be exchanged for 1000 of the 25 dinar note. My sources???.... heavily invested people who received this information from the bank employees in Iraq who were trained. Employees in the bank in Iraq did not know the date or the rate. They only knew it was coming last fall.

So......take it as rumor, prediction or plain BS...it doesn't matter...I am quite certain of this investment....Why??? Because those heavily invested who do know a bit more than most on this forum don't join Dinar forums for chit chat...

Enjoy this great day!!! :peace:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Step 1: The CBI will adjust the exchange rate of the Dinar from 1166:1 down to 1000:1.

Step 2: A new currency will be distributed throughout Iraq (at the commercial banks) and the Iraqi citizens will exchange their "old" Dinar for the new re-denominated Dinar at a 1:1 rate. Ex: Current 25,000 IQD Note will be exchanged for NEW 25 IQD Note. During this stage ALL wages, loans, debt, prices, etc...will be adjusted accordingly to the new rate

*The time frame doesn't really matter but I am guessing the old Dinar will be accepted in country for roughly 2 years then will no longer be a valid currency. This means that a current 25,000 IQD note will have the same "street value" as the NEW 25 Dinar note. As noted in my "topic description" I expect the re-denomination to occur in 2013 anywhere from January - June.

*Speculators holding the current IQD outside of Iraq will probably only be able to exchange their Dinar at Dinar dealers for the new Dinar. Or, they can exchange it for US dollars. Obviously exchange rate fees and shipping & handling fees will apply resulting in a small loss (roughly 10%-30%). I wouldn't worry about not being able to exchange your current Dinar for the NEW dinar and/or US dollars as the Dinar dealers are in the business of making money. Anytime a currency is bought or sold they make money. However, once the re-denomination occurs, there will be a lot less demand for the IQD as the "dream" of becoming rich is now completely gone. There will be some who still hold on in hopes of the new rate going up to 3+ but that could definitely take years to happen as the Iraqi economy begins to grow and prosper.

*It is highly unlikely that the IQD will be traded on the FOREX market as most Middle Eastern Oil exporting nations do not want their currency to fluctuate on the open market. However, this is still a possibility once the Iraqi Dinar becomes an internationally recognized currency.

The reason I'm posting this in the FOREX discussion is because I recently posted "My Predictions" for Oil, Gold, the Dow, and the S&P 500 for this year. Let's see how everything plays out! <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

The 1000:1 theroy is something that has just recently come up. The change from 1170 to 1165+/- happend when the IMF gave control back to Iraq, the CBI made the change to show the world that they had control of their money. Moving it again to 1000:1 makes no since at all it still will be worthless.

JMO

DK

They are now cashing out in France & Germany...the rate is IQD 1 to $7 USD. Guru Eagle says we should be cashing out in HI today, Sunday followed by the rest of the USA on Monday. WF will be open 24/7 for IQD assistance.

7-15-2012 Newshound Guru Eagle1 The past 24 hours have brought about some extremely interesting developments. Thursday at roughly 5:00 PM Eastern, the IQD showed up on FOREX at the Frankfurt Exchange, and shortly thereafter on the Paris Exchange. For reasons explained otherwise, it did not appear on Citibank’s FOREX site in the U.S., and that may be because the USD was not referenced in this announcement. the IQD was referenced to the Euro. The Euro was equal (in this posting) to .16 IQD. That would make the IQD worth Eu6.25. Take the current value of the Euro against the US Dollar and we have a valuation of the IQD against the USD equal to $7.62. the rate continued to display for some seven hours. (Update: The rate was still there, by the way, as of noon Friday.) We’ve seen glitches before, but they generally last for a few minutes, and maybe an hour at the absolute outside. On the day following the appearance of this rate with both Frankfurt and Paris FOREX exchanges, we learn that the Iraqi Minister of Finance as well as other representatives from the GOI were in Frankfurt and Paris to open up embassies. Makes you go, HMMMMMMMM.

Read more: http://www.another site.com/#ixzz20gpqstKG

I already investigated that post. It's completely false.

I 'd like to see the website where the IQD is being exchanged.

• Upvote 2

The 1000 to 1 may be the high end of what they can do... Seems the local pressure is pushing it the other direction...I enjoyed your theories and would agree with most of them...don't be too hard on the pro RVer's...I remember when you worked hard at defending them trying to prove it was possible....best of luck

I don't normally respond to these types of posts because how many times can you really beat a dead horse about predictions but I will say this.

Firstly.... the change to 1000:1 is a prediction made by many people, including myself who predicted this back in November 2011...and no you will not find a post by me on this information on DV.

Secondly... the bank employees in Iraq were trained last September (yes this was all to go down last fall) on how to exchange the dinar....that being a 25,000 dinar note would be exchanged for 1000 of the 25 dinar note. My sources???.... heavily invested people who received this information from the bank employees in Iraq who were trained. Employees in the bank in Iraq did not know the date or the rate. They only knew it was coming last fall.

So......take it as rumor, prediction or plain BS...it doesn't matter...I am quite certain of this investment....Why??? Because those heavily invested who do know a bit more than most on this forum don't join Dinar forums for chit chat...

And so how would this effectively reduce the money supply??

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Ok So your saying that there going to drop the 3 zeros from our dinar then put out the new dinar and our 25000 will be worth 25 dinar of the new currency, why don't you just say there going to lop, where is the link stating that there going to drop 3 zeros from our currency, prior to the new currency

coming out. they have never said that. you need to spend more time reading about this investment and less bragging on how rich you are. If you are thats cool

but what you have said is only your opinion as what i wrote in mine.

Edited by siberian_shaddow
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

The 1000:1 theroy is something that has just recently come up. The change from 1170 to 1165+/- happend when the IMF gave control back to Iraq, the CBI made the change to show the world that they had control of their money. Moving it again to 1000:1 makes no since at all it still will be worthless.

JMO

DK

it was in a artical about the 1000 to 1 new dinar it isnt a theroy sumone just made up

it was in a artical about the 1000 to 1 new dinar it isnt a theroy sumone just made up

I hope you understand that those are studies nothing is iron clad as of yet. They have came out with some outrageous articles pertaining to the dinar lately like introducing the 50k, 100k notes. I believe the CBI knows what they will do and most of us will continue to only speculate on what will come to pass and could be way off.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

DocDinar., on 11 July 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

7-11-2012 Breitling: I completely agree with Med's explanation "RIGHT NOW THE DINAR IS 1166 BUT THE NOMINAL VALUE IS .00086 AND SINCE CBI STATED THEY ARE REMOVING THE ZERO FROM THE NOMINAL VALUE OR THE THOUSANDTH, THIS IS WHERE THIS THOUSAND TO ONE KEEPS POPPING UP, THE DINAR IS RECOGNIZED IN THE THOUSANDTH THE USD IS NOT. BY REMOVING THE 3 ZEROS OR THE THOUSANDTH POSITIONS, THEY ARE NOW BROUGHT IN LINE WITH THE NOMINAL VALUE OF THE USD. NOW WHAT IS THE CONVERTED VALUE AFTER THE REMOVAL OF THE ZEROS? 1.17 DINARS = 1 US DOLLAR OR .86 CENTS." That is how I see it. They are going to come in at a buck or completely ignore the new currency & new money supply & come in at a lower rate. We are at the mercy of the CBI. Print in September, distribute in January, just below a buck.

I hopped on board the end of 2010. Nothing, I mean "Nothing" has changed as far as this investment. I still have hope!

Read more:

THIS IS WHAT THE CBI SAID IT WELL GO DOWN

first of all apparently you havent read the sigir report in it it specifically said iraq was going to revalue their money i wanna say last april but because of political instability they decided to wait but i will double check my facts and comment back also if you say they are going to lop then how do you or others expect to become millionaires off of the dinar? Also if you have read kaperoni's latest chats youd know that the dinar outside of country will be put in a pool and traded between different central banks and shabibi will set the price and by the way kaperoni has this on very good authority that this is going to happen i have alot more confidence in him than anyone else in this investment

Studies ? i don't see that word in this whole artical at all. My link

Mahma Khalil, Member of the Iraqi Parliament and official spokesperson of the Economic Committee & CBI Governor Dr. Sinan Al Shibibi had a meeting saying that According to the agreements the exchange rate between the new banknotes and the old ones would be 1:1,000.

DocDinar., on 11 July 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

7-11-2012 Breitling: I completely agree with Med's explanation "RIGHT NOW THE DINAR IS 1166 BUT THE NOMINAL VALUE IS .00086 AND SINCE CBI STATED THEY ARE REMOVING THE ZERO FROM THE NOMINAL VALUE OR THE THOUSANDTH, THIS IS WHERE THIS THOUSAND TO ONE KEEPS POPPING UP, THE DINAR IS RECOGNIZED IN THE THOUSANDTH THE USD IS NOT. BY REMOVING THE 3 ZEROS OR THE THOUSANDTH POSITIONS, THEY ARE NOW BROUGHT IN LINE WITH THE NOMINAL VALUE OF THE USD. NOW WHAT IS THE CONVERTED VALUE AFTER THE REMOVAL OF THE ZEROS? 1.17 DINARS = 1 US DOLLAR OR .86 CENTS." That is how I see it. They are going to come in at a buck or completely ignore the new currency & new money supply & come in at a lower rate. We are at the mercy of the CBI. Print in September, distribute in January, just below a buck.

I hopped on board the end of 2010. Nothing, I mean "Nothing" has changed as far as this investment. I still have hope!

Read more:

THIS IS WHAT THE CBI SAID IT WELL GO DOWN

1166 and .00086?

Let's look at those numbers. US$1.00 = 1164.58 IQD. Recently, it had been around 1165.XX or round up to 1166.

Also, 1 IQD = US$0.00086. This is what he calls the Nominal Value?

Definition: The nominal value of a good is its value in terms of money. The real value is its value in terms of some other good, service, or bundle of goods.

The two numbers he uses is what $1.00 is equal to in Iraqi Dinar and the other what 1 Iraqi Dinar equals in US Dollars.

I would use think about moving the decimal point by 3 places instead of saying "removing 3 zeros". I say this to give another way to think about it for some people.

After the removal of 3 zeros, 1 IQD will equal US$0.86. Which is almost one dollar.

• Upvote 1

I told myself about 2 years ago that I wanted to try and become a millionaire BEFORE the IQD RV's and guess what, having that mind state is allowing me to do just that. Not relying on 1 grand slam in life allows one to keep their mind open to other possibilities.

Learning how to create your own wealth is much more valuable then relying on the Central Bank of Iraq to give you your fortune... When your money is not in your control, you are now at the mercy of somebody else, and I don't want to have to rely on somebody else in order to make me rich.

End Quote

Please mentor me.

Well so far the thread isnt in the toilet which is a change of pace compared to recent ones I only bought 250000 dinar so I'm not heavily invested I wish I was in your position 20 but I'm not I work union labor and in massachusetts its slow but I'm optimistic depending on this years election I paint and do carpentry work to pay the bills till the sheetmetal industry picks up got any advice on different avenues for investment I closed my annuity from my local in Montana when I moved back to mass so ill have a fair amount of money come November just became a father on the 27th so I'm trying to start something for my daughter when she gets older

I wish you the Best.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for sharing GoldieGirl. I also have an associate who has over 100 Million IQD, not sure if that is considered "heavily invested" but he doesn't have any inside info like you. The 1000:1 rate adjustment prior to an RD is just my logical prediction. I'm glad you are more knowledgeable in regards to this investment than most others. I wish I had some reassuring information, but I must go off of what I know as a currency trader. Thanks again for sharing.

Real quick: What was the reason for the delay?

JMO

DK

Hey DinarKicker,

This isn't true at all. Here's why, I use to watch the CBI rate adjust on almost a daily basis, from 2006 to 2008 I watched it go from 1450:1 down to 1170:1 where it stopped for 3 years. The CBI made the adjustments on almost a daily basis. They have always had control of their monetary policy, not the government of iraq, the USA, the IMF, or any other government agency from somewhere else around the world. Do you think the IMF would call the CBI on a daily basis and tell them to adjust the rate accordingly for 5 years straight? No ways! Sorry that just isn't logical...

By the way there currency is not worthless. What they lack in each notes value, they make up for in the overall supply of Dinar that is in circulation.

The 1000 to 1 may be the high end of what they can do... Seems the local pressure is pushing it the other direction...I enjoyed your theories and would agree with most of them...don't be too hard on the pro RVer's...I remember when you worked hard at defending them trying to prove it was possible....best of luck

Yes this year it will be tough due to the global slow down.

Emerging Market economies are more highly leveraged to global growth and low volatility, money flow to these economies could indeed decline going forward, which would put pressure on their currencies. Money has already started to flow to the USD from emerging market economies but the CBI does have the tools necessary to keep their peg and maintain stability. If they were an "open market" currency things could get real bad real fast this year for them. Good thing for them they have their peg!

Ok So your saying that there going to drop the 3 zeros from our dinar then put out the new dinar and our 25000 will be worth 25 dinar of the new currency, why don't you just say there going to lop, where is the link stating that there going to drop 3 zeros from our currency, prior to the new currency

coming out. they have never said that. you need to spend more time reading about this investment and less bragging on how rich you are. If you are thats cool

but what you have said is only your opinion as what i wrote in mine.

I will spend more time reading about this investment, thanks for the heads up! I won't comment on the rest of your post though. Thanks for the very detailed, informative contribution to this thread siberian_shaddow.

I already investigated that post. It's completely false.

I 'd like to see the website where the IQD is being exchanged.

Yea its bogus. The only banks open here on Sunday are a few bank branches. On top of that, we don't have Wells Fargo out here in Hawaii, actually, we don't have any of the Big Banks out here in Hawaii... More BS from self proclaimed Gurus.

• Upvote 2

The key date is Oct 1.. If CIB is to do the "raise the zeros" on Jan1 they will begin to make that clear,then .If you were importer/exporter need to plan at least 90 days in advance, of course most would deal in dollars. ..They will not cripple their commerce by springing a currency change overnight...Some Iraqis would caught in the change ... Bad for the government .Look for any objections to go away and most press releases to be pro-RD..It's political so there will alwys be desenters..

• Upvote 1

first of all apparently you havent read the sigir report in it it specifically said iraq was going to revalue their money i wanna say last april but because of political instability they decided to wait but i will double check my facts and comment back also if you say they are going to lop then how do you or others expect to become millionaires off of the dinar? Also if you have read kaperoni's latest chats youd know that the dinar outside of country will be put in a pool and traded between different central banks and shabibi will set the price and by the way kaperoni has this on very good authority that this is going to happen i have alot more confidence in him than anyone else in this investment

They have already revalued their currency manytimes throughout the past 9 years. I also said they will revalue theirmoney from 1166:1 down to 1000:1. Those are pretty significant"overnight" moves for a currency. I prefer not to read"facts" from self proclaimed gurus such as Kaperoni, BondLady, Okie,and others without the financial background necessary to make educatedfinancial decisions. In fact, most of what some of them say are outlandishaccusations that have no truth at all. I have heard lots of hypotheticalscenarios stated by Kaperoni and I can't believe a single one of them! When he talked about the Iraqi Dinar being a reserve currency I disputedevery single bit of that post. Nobody wanted to touch my post, buteverybody cheered when Kaperoni talked about the impossible. So what itboils down to is who do you want to believe. And then you need to askyourself "why do you want to believe them?" It is probablybecause what they're saying "confirms" the dream of you becomingrich.

I use to hope to become a millionaire off of the Iraqi Dinar, butas I learned and progressed in life, I am now 100% sure that a 100,000%overnight RV is impossible given their circumstances. Having an M2 moneysupply of roughly 70 Trillion doesn't help them at all either, given the factthat if each Dinar was worth $1 it would be more money then the entire globalmoney supply combined! I can't see that being a possibility...if you can,more power to you!

I told myself about 2 years ago that I wanted to try and become a millionaire BEFORE the IQD RV's and guess what, having that mind state is allowing me to do just that. Not relying on 1 grand slam in life allows one to keep their mind open to other possibilities.

Learning how to create your own wealth is much more valuable then relying on the Central Bank of Iraq to give you your fortune... When your money is not in your control, you are now at the mercy of somebody else, and I don't want to have to rely on somebody else in order to make me rich.

End Quote

Please mentor me.

I wish you the Best.

Thanks Umbertino!

1166 and .00086?

Let's look at those numbers. US$1.00 = 1164.58 IQD. Recently, it had been around 1165.XX or round up to 1166.

Also, 1 IQD = US$0.00086. This is what he calls the Nominal Value?

Definition: The nominal value of a good is its value in terms of money. The real value is its value in terms of some other good, service, or bundle of goods.

The two numbers he uses is what $1.00 is equal to in Iraqi Dinar and the other what 1 Iraqi Dinar equals in US Dollars.

I would use think about moving the decimal point by 3 places instead of saying "removing 3 zeros". I say this to give another way to think about it for some people.

After the removal of 3 zeros, 1 IQD will equal US$0.86. Which is almost one dollar.

Spot on Jackster! Removing 3 zeroes from their currency will remove 3 zeroes from the exchange rate right along with it!

• Upvote 3

Well, predicting the 1st half of 2013 is a no-brainer don't you think? This year is over half over and there have been numerous articles pointing to 2013. I guess when 2013 passes, people will predict 2014 and the cycle will continue with new articles pointing to that as well.

Well, predicting the 1st half of 2013 is a no-brainer don't you think? This year is over half over and there have been numerous articles pointing to 2013. I guess when 2013 passes, people will predict 2014 and the cycle will continue with new articles pointing to that as well.

Well, to me it personally beats making over 1000 predictions throughout the past 3 years, don't you think? rolleyes.gif

I recently made a prediction for Oil, Gold, Dow Jones, S&P 500, and now I decided to make a prediction for the Iraqi Dinar. Is there something wrong with that Jon? By the way, thanks for your contribution to this thread...

See, like you said there have been numerous articles pointing to 2013, so I use "facts" to back my claims, not just random every day guesses to keep the masses following me. I would think that people would rather hear a prediction based off of facts, logic, and reasoning, vs predictions based off of hypothetical scenarios and pure dilusion. Maybe I'm wrong...

Edited by 20MillionDinar
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would think that people would rather hear a prediction based off of facts, logic, and reasoning, vs predictions based off of hypothetical scenarios and pure dilusion. Maybe I'm wrong...

End Quote

You're right of course... Problem is that many People got kinda dis-educated to do so ( hear a prediction based off of facts, logic, and reasoning,) after years of frequenting most Dinar Forums where "Gurus" would usually dictate the line of thinking....So to reverse that process ( going back to logic, etc.) is not so easy.....I was a victim of that line of thinking myself, I admit.

Edited by umbertino

You are such a sad fellow. I feel for ya dude! :( (you) :D (me)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I would think that people would rather hear a prediction based off of facts, logic, and reasoning, vs predictions based off of hypothetical scenarios and pure dilusion. Maybe I'm wrong...

End Quote

You're right of course... Problem is that many People got kinda dis-educated to do so ( hear a prediction based off of facts, logic, and reasoning,) after years of frequenting most Dinar Forums where "Gurus" would usually dictate the line of thinking....So to reverse that process ( going back to logic, etc.) is not so easy.....I was a victim of that line of thinking myself, I admit.

I agree with what you're saying. This creates a major problem because people bringing facts, logic, and reasoning are looked down upon and are called "bad guys / negative people" because they are going against what has been preached and taught as forum facts for so long. It is sad because we all know by now that the "Gurus" have their own reasons for doing what they do, whether it is for egotistical reasons or money, they have an agenda where the main priority IS NOT trying to share information and help others in the Dinar craze. I can't believe people still look up to the self proclaimed Gurus, it blows my mind!

Why am I the sad fellow? I am not the one counting on the IQD RV to make my fortune! In my opinion, after reading such a simple minded posted, it would seem to me that you are the sad fellow. Your post has nothing of substance, at least I bring facts to this forum. What do you bring?

Oh well, you are living proof that 95% of the world's population will remain broke and only 5% are successful. With a post like this, I feel for you TFK...

• Upvote 3

Just a heads up, there are some new Eagle1 and BondLady posts talking about the IQD showing up on FOREX. If I'm not mistaken the new rate is $7.62 or something close to it! Why would you waste your time replying to my post when the people who are "in the know" are claiming that it has RV'd? You should be standing in line at your nearest bank waiting for it to open so you can cash in. Actually, you should be selling everything you own so that you can place another order for as much Dinar as possible since the Dinar dealers didn't get the memo that it is showing up on FOREX!

Sorry to come across like that but I find it interesting how people like you drive by a post and make a nasty comment like you did without sharing your opinions and perspectives backed by facts, logic, and reasoning. Is that too much to ask from somebody like you TFK? Low class if you ask me, but very typical of people around here.

• Upvote 1

20Million, I'm really enjoying this thread and all your input. Something about your knowledge draws me to your threads. That's a good thing.

As of now you have instilled so much information that I think I'm on overdrive. Glad you bring such detail information across the board.

In saying this, please don't let the nay sayers ruffle your feathers. Cause then the Mods will jump in and lock it. Stay your classy self, lot's of deep breaths and move forward. ;) Now onward. :D

• Upvote 4

20Million, I'm really enjoying this thread and all your input. Something about your knowledge draws me to your threads. That's a good thing.

As of now you have instilled so much information that I think I'm on overdrive. Glad you bring such detail information across the board.

In saying this, please don't let the nay sayers ruffle your feathers. Cause then the Mods will jump in and lock it. Stay your classy self, lot's of deep breaths and move forward. ;) Now onward. :D

Thanks PattyAngel! I'm glad some people are willing to keep an open mind. You're right, deep breaths... LOL

• Upvote 2