Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Letter From God ...

smee2

For the non-Canadians who read this I must preface it with the following:

The Prime Minister is our equivalent of your President

Ottawa is our equivalent of your Washington

Newfoundland is a province equivalent to one of your states (though much larger.

A person who lives in Newfoundland is, to the rest of Canada, the butt of our jokes. We unabashedly refer to Newfies in a way that makes them seem ... well ... dull witted would be a good way to put it. Not to worry too much, as they have the same jokes using people from other provinces. And they quite often find jokes on themselves funny enough to recirculate.

I suppose that follows the fact that Canadians are not afraid to laugh at themselves.

A so to the joke ...

A little boy in Newfoundland , wanted $100.00 for something very special. He prayed for weeks, but nothing happened .

Then

he decided to write God a letter requesting the $100.00.

When the postal authorities received the letter to God , Canada ,

they decided to send it to the Prime Minister.

The Prime Minister was so amused that he instructed his secretary to send the little boy a $ 5.00 bill.

The Prime Minister thought this would appear to be a lot of money

to a little boy in Newfoundland .

The little boy was delighted with the $5.00 bill and sat down to write a thank-you

note to God, which read:

Dear God: Thank you very much for sending the money. However, I noticed that for

some reason you sent it through

Ottawa, and those assholes took $95.00 in taxes.

• Upvote 4

For the non-Canadians who read this I must preface it with the following:

The Prime Minister is our equivalent of your President

Ottawa is our equivalent of your Washington

Newfoundland is a province equivalent to one of your states (though much larger.

A person who lives in Newfoundland is, to the rest of Canada, the butt of our jokes. We unabashedly refer to Newfies in a way that makes them seem ... well ... dull witted would be a good way to put it. Not to worry too much, as they have the same jokes using people from other provinces. And they quite often find jokes on themselves funny enough to recirculate.

I suppose that follows the fact that Canadians are not afraid to laugh at themselves.

A so to the joke ...

A little boy in Newfoundland , wanted $100.00 for something very special. He prayed for weeks, but nothing happened .

Then

he decided to write God a letter requesting the $100.00.

When the postal authorities received the letter to God , Canada ,

they decided to send it to the Prime Minister.

The Prime Minister was so amused that he instructed his secretary to send the little boy a $ 5.00 bill.

The Prime Minister thought this would appear to be a lot of money

to a little boy in Newfoundland .

The little boy was delighted with the $5.00 bill and sat down to write a thank-you

note to God, which read:

Dear God: Thank you very much for sending the money. However, I noticed that for

some reason you sent it through

Ottawa, and those assholes took $95.00 in taxes.

Good one Smee!!! :woot:

Funny...but I thought ALL Canadian jokes had to deal with hockey! :P

I have heard a lot of Canadian jokes, and repeated most them at one time or another. but I cannot remember hearing a Canadian joke about hockey. Maybe it is only the non-Canadians who tell Canadian hockey jokes. I think most of us have heard, and told, more jokes about religion than Hockey which tells you a lot about how we feel about our sport.

:)

smee2