Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HISTORIC DEAL

7-11-2012 Historic Deal: Kurdish opposition signs Erbil deal under Barzani's supervision. Under the auspices of Kurdistan President Barzani, two Kurdish opposition forces of Syria signed a joint statement today in Salahaddin, Erbil, Kurdistan presidential website said. Erbil Statement, as it was named, was signed by Kurdistan National Council of Syria and the National Council of Western Kurdistan. According to the statement the parties should form a joint committee called Kurdish Senior Board which is supposed to draw the general policy for leading the Kurds in the current decisive political situation in Syria.The statement further urges the signatories to stop their media war. Barzani congratulated the opposition parties over the "historic deal" and urged them to unite voices in the face of the current changes in Syria, according to Kurdistan presidential website. The president also demanded the Kurdish opposition representatives not to give up the struggle for the Kurdish ethnic rights which can be achieved only by maintaining unity among the Kurdish political forces and strategic ties with the entire democratic forces across Syria. http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/316586/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Upvote 11

I stil want to look into this more. I doubt this includes all the points in the Erbil agreement we've all been following. Syrian Kurds are split. The region that borders Kurdistan-Iraq is where the KNC (pro-Erbil) is found. The other region where the PYD (BDP influenced) borders Turkey. The Erbil agreement we've all been following requires certain public announcements we have yet to see, so not sure yet what this is about. We need to investigate this further. They did mention the "media war" though that we've all been witnessing over the past few months.

• Upvote 3

I stil want to look into this more. I doubt this includes all the points in the Erbil agreement we've all been following. Syrian Kurds are split. The region that borders Kurdistan-Iraq is where the KNC (pro-Erbil) is found. The other region where the PYD (BDP influenced) borders Turkey. The Erbil agreement we've all been following requires certain public announcements we have yet to see, so not sure yet what this is about. We need to investigate this further. They did mention the "media war" though that we've all been witnessing over the past few months.

OK cool that clarifies it a bit better i was wondering what Syria had to do with it...ty

OK cool that clarifies it a bit better i was wondering what Syria had to do with it...ty

This article has me a bit perplexed. I just asked Reidar Visser (who authors Gulf Analysis) on his Twitter account, what exactly this means. I will bring in his response for everyone when I get it. He's pretty good about responding.

• Upvote 3

It doesn't sound like this is the Erbil agreement that we've been waiting for, it sounds like an agreement between Kurds and Syria, this one is called Erbil Statement, let's hope it has something to do with Erbil Agreement, thanks for the post

You very well could be right about that. I'm still waiting for a response on this one from a few people. Hopefully, it is good news for us in some form. :)

• Upvote 1

It doesn't sound like this is the Erbil agreement that we've been waiting for, it sounds like an agreement between Kurds and Syria, this one is called Erbil Statement, let's hope it has something to do with Erbil Agreement, thanks for the post

Bingo! You win the prize Tony!

Ok guys, sorry it took so long but I brought back an answer from a professional.

@SWFloridaGuy: Is this the same as, or related to the Erbil agreement we all know?

@UticensisRisk. (Iraqi Political Risk Consultancy): This looks like something roughly translated and edited from something written in Arabic or Kurdish. AK's English not good. No, completely different. This is related to Syria and Syrian Kurds. Many of them are now taking refuge in the KRG.

• Upvote 2

I just want to say thank you to SWFloridaGuy for all the hard research that he does for our Dinar family :twothumbs:

Thanks for the compliment and I enjoy reading your opinions as well. Everyone on this board seems to be equally good at researching, although we often come to different conclusions. This is one place I can always come to and actually learn something new each time. When the discussion is kept civil, I would say Dinar Vets has no competition and is the best environment for investors. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Ain't that a fact! Just one more posting in the Gazette and it is a done deal....... as in soo done you can just stick a fork in it and put it on the plate! :eyebrows:

Yeah, I kind of don't see that at all. I think they will agree in the end to oust the PM. I am waiting for the questioning. It appears to be happening this week. We shall see.