Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THE TALE OF TWO WOLFS

Heavyduty053

One evening while sitting around a camp fire and old Cherokee Chief was talking to his grandson about what life for him was gonna be like. The chief told his grandson that every day there will be a very furoius battle that will go on inside all people during their lives. He said, "My son the battle is between two large wolves and one wants to destroy you".

One is evil:: It is full of anger, envy, jealously, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, ego and hatred.

The other is good:: it is full of joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, empathy, generosity, truth, compansion, and faith.

The grandson thought about this for a minute and looked at his grandfather, then asked, "which one wins". The old chief smiled and said it is very simple, the one you feed. Always remember the great white father will help you restrain the bad wolve as long as you will seek his help.

Edited by Heavyduty053
  • Upvote 10

Heavy,

Thanks for the reminder :) which wolf we choose to feed. I always say there is a beast within us...either we conquer the beast or the beast conquers us and I always choose to conquer the beast and sometimes I failed but with each lesson learned, it becomes easier to conquer it for the next quest :)

God bless you :)

• Upvote 1

Heavy,

Thanks for the reminder :) which wolf we choose to feed. I always say there is a beast within us...either we conquer the beast or the beast conquers us and I always choose to conquer the beast and sometimes I failed but with each lesson learned, it becomes easier to conquer it for the next quest :)

God bless you :)

Yes it does get easier. thanks for reading the message

Thank You for sharing this story....i know for me I seem to have the fight in myself between the two sides but I strive to do the best I can and strive to do better even though at times i fail miserably...thanks for the lesson shared...I found this to go along with your story...thanks heavy....:)

• Upvote 1

<br />This is one of the great storys of the <font size="4">Cherokee's they have many more that can feed the soul. </font><br />
<br /><br /><br />

The native Indians had a whole lot more wisdom than those we have elected to Congress.

• Upvote 2

One evening while sitting around a camp fire and old Cherokee Chief was talking to his grandson about what life for him was gonna be like. The chief told his grandson that every day there will be a very furoius battle that will go on inside all people during their lives. He said, "My son the battle is between two large wolves and one wants to destroy you".

:mad::(<_<

One is evil:: It is full of anger, envy, jealously, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self pity, guilt,

:angry:

resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, ego and hatred.

The other is good:: it is full of joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

The grandson thought about this for a minute and looked at his grandfather, then asked, "which one wins". The old chief smiled and said it is very simple, the one you feed. Always remember the great white father will help you restrain the bad wolves as long as you will seek his help.

When I was given the disease of Cancer I can honestly say I have fallen to some of the evils, to the point that it drains the life out of me. But my Father in heaven has never left my side. He fills my life with more than I can count, my blessings, He has filled my life with great joy. He is the one I search for when I'm low. I search for Him through all of you when I'm in despair. Thanks Heavy for the reminder of "His love" ;)

• Upvote 1

Heavyduty053. What a remarkable story. This old Indian chief said more in one paragraph than any story I have been made to sit and listen to. Very true that as we age we either feed the good or the evil. I have found that feeding the good has helped me in all walks of life, and I continue to feed the good all the while starving evil. My question is: why do the people who run our great nation insist on feeding the evil inside them?

• Upvote 2

When I was given the disease of Cancer I can honestly say I have fallen to some of the evils, to the point that it drains the life out of me. But my Father in heaven has never left my side. He fills my life with more than I can count, my blessings, He has filled my life with great joy. He is the one I search for when I'm low. I search for Him through all of you when I'm in despair. Thanks Heavy for the reminder of "His love" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGK5ZYjZ6oY

Oh Patty....your amazing.....:) Yes he loves us very very much...:)

• Upvote 1

Heavyduty053. What a remarkable story. This old Indian chief said more in one paragraph than any story I have been made to sit and listen to. Very true that as we age we either feed the good or the evil. I have found that feeding the good has helped me in all walks of life, and I continue to feed the good all the while starving evil. My question is: why do the people who run our great nation insist on feeding the evil inside them?

Saint, you want to know why..? because they are leaning on twigs and they entertain the thoughts of greed and pride and power :) as the saying says : pride comes before the fall :)

As any of you who read my posts and comments will know by now, I am not usually one who will ... as my father used to say, and I apologize if it is too graphic ... I am not one to "piss in the pickles". Where he got that expression I'll never know but it certainly expressed what he was trying to say.

But after a lifetime of editing manuscripts of all kinds, I have this incessant urge to correct what ever I see in print, or hear for that matter, that is in this editor's opinion not quite right.

I don't think that Native Americans, whether in the US or Canada, ever recognized the imaginary line we "white brothers" drew at the 49th parallel. So natives in Canada were taught that the leader of our country, which used to be their country, is the "Great White Mother" (Queen Victoria at the time, I believe). And the natives on the other side of that imaginary line were taught that the leader of the new world, which was until then the native's world, was the "Great White Father" ... and I regret to say I do not at this moment remember which American politician that would be. (Age and memory, a confusing combination when forgetfullness sets in.)

Anyway, to get to the point, finally, (yeah!) ... I have it on good authority, chiefly (pun intended) from a Canadian Native Chieftan, that they referred to their creator in several ways but NOT as a great "White" father. Ever!

So, as great as the story is, it has that one inconsistency. And I am sorry but I cannot help but to point it out. I know I should have just given a plus and clicked away. But ... some things I just cannot leave alone.

:)

smee2

Edited by smee2

As any of you who read my posts and comments will know by now, I am not usually one who will ... as my father used to say, and I apologize if it is too graphic ... I am not one to "piss in the pickles". Where he got that expression I'll never know but it certainly expressed what he was trying to say.

But after a lifetime of editing manuscripts of all kinds, I have this incessant urge to correct what ever I see in print, or hear for that matter, that is in this editor's opinion not quite right.

I don't think that Native Americans, whether in the US or Canada, ever recognized the imaginary line we "white brothers" drew at the 49th parallel. So natives in Canada were taught that the leader of our country, which used to be their country, is the "Great White Mother" (Queen Victoria at the time, I believe). And the natives on the other side of that imaginary line were taught that the leader of the new world, which was until then the native's world, was the "Great White Father" ... and I regret to say I do not at this moment remember which American politician that would be. (Age and memory, a confusing combination when forgetfullness sets in.)

Anyway, to get to the point, finally, (yeah!) ... I have it on good authority, chiefly (pun intended) from a Canadian Native Chieftan, that they referred to their creator in several ways but NOT as a great "White" father. Ever!

So, as great as the story is, it has that one inconsistency. And I am sorry but I cannot help but to point it out. I know I should have just given a plus and clicked away. But ... some things I just cannot leave alone.

:)

smee2

Thats Ok smee2 your opinion is as welcome as anyones, have a blessed day

Thought this was a Great post! Very inspirational until I read "Always remember the great white father will help you restrain the bad wolve as long as you will seek his help."

Really!?!?!?! Please enlighted as to what Native American ever said that....

:blink:

Some people never cease to amaze...

Edited by OrDinarE