Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank show understanding of the government's position of wait-delete the zeros

yota691

Central Bank show understanding of the government's position of wait-delete the zeros

08 July, 2012 10:15:00

The Central Bank that the question of resolving the zeros of the Iraqi currency require the integration of efforts between the government and the Central Bank and the House of Representatives in order to be transparent and successful, indicating that show understanding of the government's position of patient in the deletion of zeros from the local currency.

Deputy Governor of Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh in a press statement that "the process of deletion of zeros can not be the way you achieve the benefit unless they had underpinned by the government and the government's view the patient must be respected because it is responsible for fiscal policy in the country, pointing to the need to form a joint working group between the government and the Central Bank and the House of Representatives to get out to see uniform over the deletion of zeros from the local currency. Saleh added that there is something on the system of account of the state, which means that the deletion of zeros means the deletion of three ranks of the mean and relates to the government's authority and responsibility. The Iraqi government has decided to wait the issue of deletion of zeros from the local currency as a result of problems economic well predicted by the process of deletion. Kawthar al-Asadi

http://www.alfayhaa.tv/news/economy/84872.html

• Upvote 1

Remember last June when Shabbs said he was going to introduce the small denoms?

We all got excited and thought he had them ready to bring out? Well, while we took it literally and were so disappointed, me too... I believe that is when he started (introduced) the 2 year process and we are half way there. The second year (now) consist of putting out the new notes and pulling in the old. The GOI is doing their usuall but I think we will be seeing some new notes in the near future. Shabbs did start the process last June. This is all just posturing by the GOI. JMHO

side note: I think Maliki wants to keep the people poor so they are so consumed with their day to day survival, they don't have the strength to stand up in the political arena. I think Shabbs sees that if he does the RV the people will prosper and have the ability to fight for more security and less corruption in the GOI. Again MHO

I still think we have a missing part to this story. I believe CBI wanted to do this in 2010, but they did not. You would think they would be able to do this with their eyes closed. 2013 is coming fast and it takes time to print those zeroless dinar with the teeny tiny 3 languages on it, including english, they still do not have a printer. Does this make sense to you? And why doesn't the government want to make this beautiment of currency happen? :unsure:

I still think we have a missing part to this story. I believe CBI wanted to do this in 2010, but they did not. You would think they would be able to do this with their eyes closed. 2013 is coming fast and it takes time to print those zeroless dinar with the teeny tiny 3 languages on it, including english, they still do not have a printer. Does this make sense to you? And why doesn't the government want to make this beautiment of currency happen? :unsure:

Where is Dinar Dana when you need her? Probably at a Sox game............with a cold one.

• Upvote 1

Zig ::: I think you underestimate Shabiibi! He has a printer (possibly 2) and mint. He's ordered the armoured cars and incinerators! He knows his business .. The ministers et al may be a little upset that he is pushing this along without their approval but i look for them all to get in line by Oct 1.

I am always late to the party. Actually, not having much fun at all, nursing a back injury on my first real vacation in years. Somehow I think this is the only way to get me to sit still and relax.

I am literally as confused as the rest of you. I believed that the designs of the currency have been approved, the vendors have been approved, the machines for counting sorting and shredding were ordered and probably delivered, the armored vehicles etc....I think everything is in place....now when and how are the question and I haven't a clue. Once the designs are completed I believe it would take 3-6 months to print, sort, package and ship the currency

Remember they can have these bills in storage forever while they try and make their mind up. My opinion is 2013 as stated.

Here is an interesting question - in 2003 how long did it take to print and replace the currency? Does anyone know from the date we went into Iraq to occupy to the date they actually began the exchange process?