Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iran says it has plan to close Strait of Hormuz

jeepguy

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran will block the strategic Strait of Hormuz at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, the passageway through which a fifth of the world's oil flows, if its interests are seriously threatened, a senior Iranian military commander said Saturday.

"We do have a plan to close the Strait of Hormuz," state media quoted Gen. Hasan Firouzabadi as saying Saturday. "A Shiite nation (Iran) acts reasonably and would not approve interruption of a waterway ... unless our interests are seriously threatened," Press TV quoted him as saying.

The comments by Firouzabadi, the chairman of Iran's Joint Chiefs of Staff, come days after the European Union enforced a total oil embargo against Iran for its refusal to halt its uranium enrichment program.

A halt in crude oil imports from Iran is intended to increase pressure on the Islamic Republic to stop enriching uranium to the 20 percent level, an issue at the center of an international dispute.

Western powers fear material produced at that level — well above the 3.5 percent enrichment needed for energy-producing reactors — can be turned into weapons-grade material in a matter of months. Iran insists its reactors are only for energy and research.

Iranian lawmakers have prepared a bill that would order the country's military to stop tankers headed to countries that have joined the oil ban.

But Iran's parliament speaker, Ali Larijani, was quoted by Iranian media on Saturday as saying that the proposed bill has not yet been studied by parliament.

Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard has warned in the past that Tehran would order the closure of the Strait of Hormuz if the country's oil exports are blocked.

ohhhhh hell noooo !!!! time too re-value the dinar !!! get a contract out go in with the kawait bunch contractors getting the usual fee for service over 6 figures ,,,, go too the map of the starits they are referring too and we can build a canal ,,, it would in crease the employment and also keep oil prices down --------> with this bull mess hitting the news here goes the gas speculators ---- gas is about to go up :angry: the rat bass masters

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran will block the strategic Strait of Hormuz at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, the passageway through which a fifth of the world's oil flows, if its interests are seriously threatened, a senior Iranian military commander said Saturday.

"We do have a plan to close the Strait of Hormuz," state media quoted Gen. Hasan Firouzabadi as saying Saturday. "A Shiite nation (Iran) acts reasonably and would not approve interruption of a waterway ... unless our interests are seriously threatened," Press TV quoted him as saying.

The comments by Firouzabadi, the chairman of Iran's Joint Chiefs of Staff, come days after the European Union enforced a total oil embargo against Iran for its refusal to halt its uranium enrichment program.

A halt in crude oil imports from Iran is intended to increase pressure on the Islamic Republic to stop enriching uranium to the 20 percent level, an issue at the center of an international dispute.

Western powers fear material produced at that level — well above the 3.5 percent enrichment needed for energy-producing reactors — can be turned into weapons-grade material in a matter of months. Iran insists its reactors are only for energy and research.

Iranian lawmakers have prepared a bill that would order the country's military to stop tankers headed to countries that have joined the oil ban.

But Iran's parliament speaker, Ali Larijani, was quoted by Iranian media on Saturday as saying that the proposed bill has not yet been studied by parliament.

Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard has warned in the past that Tehran would order the closure of the Strait of Hormuz if the country's oil exports are blocked.

ohhhhh hell noooo !!!! time too re-value the dinar !!! get a contract out go in with the kawait bunch contractors getting the usual fee for service over 6 figures ,,,, go too the map of the starits they are referring too and we can build a canal ,,, it would in crease the employment and also keep oil prices down --------> with this bull mess hitting the news here goes the gas speculators ---- gas is about to go up :angry: the rat bass masters

U.S. has doubled its presence near the strait.Let em try and we will plow a path and sink anyone who gets in the way. Seems to be more sabre rattling to me.This Iran issue has been going on for over a year now and it's pretty much hot air.Just my opinion :peace:

U.S. has doubled its presence near the strait.Let em try and we will plow a path and sink anyone who gets in the way. Seems to be more sabre rattling to me.This Iran issue has been going on for over a year now and it's pretty much hot air.Just my opinion :peace:

Gas went up .12 in one day.....had taken over three weeks to drop the same amount. The article I read last week on DV, said it might not be so easy to open the straights. The terrain and islands make it very hard to knock out missiles, especially the ones mounted on trucks. It also seems that the missiles they have can get past our navel defenses easily. Drill here, drill now! Open up the pipeline from Canada.....get rid of the current batch of politicians. I fell better...thank you.

Gas went up .12 in one day.....had taken over three weeks to drop the same amount. The article I read last week on DV, said it might not be so easy to open the straights. The terrain and islands make it very hard to knock out missiles, especially the ones mounted on trucks. It also seems that the missiles they have can get past our navel defenses easily. Drill here, drill now! Open up the pipeline from Canada.....get rid of the current batch of politicians. I fell better...thank you.

Glad u feel better.I don't buy the rhetoric personally. Terrain,Islands might be hard to navigate but I contend air support called drones would play into the equation.The drill here concept is just what they want us all to be doing,Problem is ,till we fix Washington it won't lower the cost,if anything it Will go higher . Just my .2 cents

LOL we the USA have missiles that will knock a fly off a shitwagon from satellite, Don't think we have Iran's Navy to worry about. :rolleyes:

How right you are.Not to mention they have seen first hand what happened in Iraq and I am pretty sure they know their butts would be handed to them on a silver platter.This Iran stuff has been going on for quite some time and is like a dead smoke bomb.. all spark and no boom :D

Their plan is ingenious....Block the straights with their sunken Navy

and litter the shoreline with their decimated missile launchers....Brilliant :D

That will teach the Western Countries to mess with Iran

Excellent!!!.....muahahaha

snidley_whiplash1.png

• Upvote 2