Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What do you think will happen?

cooked

I've only been here about a year and a half, but am losing faith. I am certainly in it for the haul, but I am beginning to wonder what the haul will bring. I applaud those who have been in this for 8-9 years, you are very patient people. What do you feel will truely happen with our investment?

• Upvote 1

I myself have lost faith, but still have hope.

I think they will drop the zero's as all the articles state, and they will put a rate out of $1.00 (1:1). After bank spreads and taxes we will loose money. If a 25,000 dinar becomes 25 and a 1:1 will become $25.00, 15% tax is $3.75, plus a bank spread, we may be making $18-$20 per 25,000 dinar. If this happens we are looking at $800.00 per million. We all have paid more than that.

I sure hope I am wrong!!

What do I think will happen? I am beginning to think NOTHING, absolutely nothing!

But there is a part of me, perhaps the stupid part, the part that does NOT learn from experience, that still hopes I have not made the most collosal mistake of all time. I did not "invest" more than I can afford but I do wish now that I hadn't invested quite so much. And I know that a real investment takes time. Although I am used to a real investment returning some dividend by now. I suppose my dividend is the forum, and the people I have encountered here. That is one dividend that money cannot buy.

:)

smee2

p.s. Oh, btw hang in there ... something is bound to happen. Every day is a day closer to that event. (Did I get all that right? I have been listening to the uplifting sentiments so long I should have it word perfect by now!) hahaha

I think they will drop the zero's as all the articles state, and they will put a rate out of $1.00 (1:1). After bank spreads and taxes we will loose money. If a 25,000 dinar becomes 25 and a 1:1 will become $25.00, 15% tax is $3.75, plus a bank spread, we may be making $18-$20 per 25,000 dinar. If this happens we are looking at $800.00 per million. We all have paid more than that.

I sure hope I am wrong!!

I hope it comes out better than that. Of course you can probably negotiate the bank spreads and find away to offset taxes.

Wait till the lopters see this thread heading...., then its game on and I am just going to sit here at read the debates fly tongue.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

Myself I am just riding along gaining knowledge and friends here at DV so I keep myself reserved for this to go either way for me if it be a small loss, big loss, descent gain, huge life changing gain in that order! I am open to anything as it helps keep my sanity. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by respectron

Ahhh....this makes me sad sad.gif We've all been filled with hope and I honestly believe that most here have the pure desire to help others with what blessings would come to each with an RV. Given that this is not a "typical" investment and Iraq is not a "typical" government, our speculative investment is certainly a gamble of sorts. BUT!....one never knows what is really going to happen and, who knows?, we may just get lucky and this thing will roll out as hoped!

As difficult as it is, let's speak in a positive way, think positive thoughts but continue to be realistic and accept whatever the outcome is. wink.gif

• Upvote 1

I sure hope I am wrong!!

Unfortunately I agree......That's NOT what I WANT to happen though.. It's just what I think it will happen.....I still hope to be wrong.

As difficult as it is, let's speak in a positive way, think positive thoughts but continue to be realistic and accept whatever the outcome is.

End Quote

Sounds complicated.... Smile... Peace out and Good Luck to all of us ( and I mean all).

• Upvote 1

I hope it comes out better than that. Of course you can probably negotiate the bank spreads and find away to offset taxes.

You are right, you can negotiate bank spreads and get around taxes. But a bank isnt going to negotiate if there is no money to be made. If you spent 10,000 USD and got 10 million dinar, now you have 10,000 dinar at a 1:1 and no profit, there isnt much to negotiate with. I dont think a bank is really interested in negotiating that small of amount.

Like I said before, I sure hope I am wrong. Maybe Adam or someone else will correct me.

we are gonna be rich and life will be amazing

:peace:

I like it! Keep the faith!

My guess is a little more than a dollar. When??? Who knows! Maybe by Spring of next year. I'd like to see it sooner but no one has asked me.

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately I agree......That's NOT what I WANT to happen though.. It's just what I think it will happen.....I still hope to be wrong.

As difficult as it is, let's speak in a positive way, think positive thoughts but continue to be realistic and accept whatever the outcome is.

End Quote

Sounds complicated.... Smile... Peace out and Good Luck to all of us ( and I mean all).

I still have HOPE! I just dont have the warm and fuzzes anymore. I think we are all in this for the long haul, and we will have to except the outcome. On the other note, we have made a lot of good friends here biggrin.gif

If there is any place that I have faith, it is in the Dinars. As for the government of Iraq I have lost most of my faith in them. There are just too many disagreements, walkouts, infighting, vacations, key members of Parliament out of the country at important times, setting unrealistic deadlines for completion of important tasks 6 months to a year in the future.

I'm still holding on to my Dinars, however it's getting to be like sitting in a major league ballpark and neither of the teams show up.

:shakehead:

• Upvote 1

If there is any place that I have faith, it is in the Dinars. As for the government of Iraq I have lost most of my faith in them. There are just too many disagreements, walkouts, infighting, vacations, key members of Parliament out of the country at important times, setting unrealistic deadlines for completion of important tasks 6 months to a year in the future.

I'm still holding on to my Dinars, however it's getting to be like sitting in a major league ballpark and neither of the teams show up.

:shakehead:

Exactlly, we are buying the $10.00 beers and $6.00 hotdogs, making some one else rich with no returns.

• Upvote 1

If the Iraqis want to add value to the IQD as they have always said they would, then they will increase the rate before Jan 01 2013.

The Games not over its just unfolding differently to what has been discussed by a large segment of Dinar holders.

I am not all despondent . I am expectant. :)

• Upvote 3

If the Iraqis want to add value to the IQD as they have always said they would, then they will increase the rate before Jan 01 2013.

The Games not over its just unfolding differently to what has been discussed by a large segment of Dinar holders.

I am not all despondent . I am expectant. :)

I would agree. Most of the despondent people's comments are from those that have been on here day and night for the past 2 years.

I'd have lost hope by now too, if I hadn't decided a while ago to step back and stop reading RV into all the dribble coming from the BS Iraqi press and their politically biased bosses.

:D Go get a suntan folks. You really need to get outside more! :D

• Upvote 3

I would agree. Most of the despondent people's comments are from those that have been on here day and night for the past 2 years.

I'd have lost hope by now too, if I hadn't decided a while ago to step back and stop reading RV into all the dribble coming from the BS Iraqi press and their politically biased bosses.

:D Go get a suntan folks. You really need to get outside more! :D

Got my tan and it was hard work seeing as how I have red hair and normally fair skin.... beach bound soon baby!!

• Upvote 1

First they drop three zeros 1000000 becomes 1000 then the Rv happens 1 to 3.60

Not a lop, but not what I have been hearing from the gurus either.Still a good return on my investment.

But anything can happen. After all we are talking about Iraq here.

cooked, our problem is that we read too many articles and this drives us through the ups and downs, I got my friend and neighbor invested in this and he never goes on any of the dinar sites, every once in a while he asks me how things are going and goes on with his life, I think he's doing the right thing by not getting so emotionally attached to this, he lives a normal life, unlike me, there's a lesson to be learned here.

But as far as this investment, I still believe we will do well.

ps. if we make a lot of money I may have to spend some of it on a shrink. :lol:

Edited by TonyDownTheShore
  • Upvote 3

i think they will make up an exchange rate for us to turn in our old dinars for new 1. but we wont be able to do that since no one will sell us the new ones so they will give us cash only . the reson why i say no one will give u the new dinars is that they will mark up the price just so that we can buy them.

I honestly feel something must happen to the value. I am not sure it could come in at 1:1 given the reported amout of dinar in circulation, it just seems unrealistic. I also feel they need to increase the value greater than just a lop and then 3:1 or so. It makes me laugh when the lopsters claim we are expecting a 100000% increase in value, they can't even get thier math right. As TDS said, i'll probably need to spend a few of my bucks on a shrink after all of this. As many also said, time to step back and forget about this for a while. Check out the entertainment threads, chat with friends, listen to Umbertinos videos. Good luck to all and thanks for stopping by.