Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI NEWS

"The CBI is working hard to boost the dinar’s value against major convertible currencies. A firmer currency along with the removal of zeros has been among the bank’s priorities."

I just don't see how a LOP would strenghthen the Dinar or raise it's value against other currencies. But that is what the CBI says is gonna happen. One of these days something will happen, that will be a good day, no matter what the outcome is.

Edited by Spud
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On the contrary....... ;)

"The CBI is working hard to boost the dinar’s value against major convertible currencies. A firmer currency along with the removal of zeros has been among the bank’s priorities."

I just don't see how a LOP would strenghthen the Dinar or raise it's value against other currencies. But that is what the CBI says is gonna happen. One of these days something will happen, that will be a good day, no matter what the outcome is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:lol: This type article hurts my brain :lol:

Now this is where the lop, no lop, debates start again. This article can be read both ways, and hopefully the ongoing disputes won't get too far out of hand!

Time will tell, and we are all in this together.

Be positive, but stay grounded, as anything can, and probably will happen in Iraq!!!

Go RV!!!

:D:D:D

• Upvote 6

:lol: This type article hurts my brain :lol:

Now this is where the lop, no lop, debates start again. This article can be read both ways, and hopefully the ongoing disputes won't get too far out of hand!

Be positive, but stay grounded, as anything can, and probably will happen in Iraq!!!

Go RV!!!

:D:D:D

Haha nice preemptive strike. You know this blog too well. I'm with you. None of us know how this will play out, so as usual we just hope for the best. Cheers. :reading-newspaper:

• Upvote 3

Shoot! SWFG, I read this 15 mins ago in my car and had to wait to get home and reread this article again. Seems like this news would be all over Iraqi TV. We'll see :D . Maybe good news when the CBI reopens tomorrow. Thanks for the post. Go RVeeee

• Upvote 2

Sorry but I have to say this....your avatar is creepy!

unsure.gif

C'mon RV!

• Upvote 1

Shoot! SWFG, I read this 15 mins ago in my car and had to wait to get home and reread this article again. Seems like this news would be all over Iraqi TV. We'll see :D . Maybe good news when the CBI reopens tomorrow. Thanks for the post. Go RVeeee

We know we're dinar addicts when we look forward to red lights so we can catch up on the rumors. :)

• Upvote 3

6-29-2012 CBI: The Central Bank wants Iraqis to drop the dollar in internal commercial transactions. The Central Bank has decided to remove three zeros from the dinar, a move it sees essential to strengthen local currency and tempt Iraqis to stick to it. For months, the bank has been mulling the issue but only recently it said a decision has been made and it was a matter of time to translate it into action. The knocking out of zeros will save Iraqis using massive sums of paper money in their transactions, said Saleh. Saleh, speaking in a seminar on currency organized by the High Institute of Accounting in Baghdad, assured skeptic Iraqis that the removal of zeros from the currency shall not affect your earnings, wealth, financial and transactions, financial obligations and duties. On the contrary, the Iraqi economy and Iraqi citizens were to benefit from the move. The Central Bank, awash with hard cash reserves estimated at more than $60 billion, is working hard to boost the dinar’s value against major convertible currencies. A firmer currency along with the removal of zeros has been among the bank’s priorities. But Saleh said the bank was concerned to see the economy being dollarized and one target behind the new move was to lessen dependence on the dollar in domestic transactions and dealings by Iraqis. A dollar is now worth about 1,200 dinars. Central Bank wants Iraqis to drop the dollar in internal commercial transactions. http://www.azzaman.com/english/?p=179

Dont forget about the other article today in the news section. here is the main point in the story, "delete three ranks from the calculation of accounts". it in the news section.

• Upvote 2

I know! I may have to go to rehab when all this is done or I, could find another hobby to obsess over. :D

Screw the dinar, we could do both. They gotta have a crafty rehab around here somewhere. We can go through withdrawls together while making arts and crafts. Grab your scissors and your glue gun and let's hit the road jack. :)

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 2

The new dinar that a RD (I really encourage folks to stop using "LOP") will produce will (at least initially) be exchanged for $0.86 USD. Isn't that 1000x higher than the current dinar? Seems like it does just what the CBI claims.

laugh.gif This type article hurts my brain laugh.gif

Go RV!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Your right! Hope everyone can express their opinions respectively without beating a dead horse as bumper would say. dry.gif

Thanks SWFG again for bringing, I believe to be good, news biggrin.gif either way you may look at it unsure.gif

Screw the dinar, we could do both. They gotta have a crafty rehab around here somewhere. We can go through withdrawls together while making arts and crafts. Grab your scissors and your glue gun and let's hit the road jack. smile.gif

Don't forget the googly eyes, have to have googly eyes laugh.gif

• Upvote 1

I know! I may have to go to rehab when all this is done or I, could find another hobby to obsess over. :D

Can we share a room?

Ooops! I see where SWFG has already laid a plan for rooms (he's probably more fun, but I always get a lot of chocolate). Maybe we could reserve a whole hospital wing. I think we could fill it in no time.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 1

Can we share a room?

Ooops! I see where SWFG has already laid a plan for rooms (he's probably more fun, but I always get a lot of chocolate). Maybe we could reserve a whole hospital wing. I think we could fill it in no time.

I've made reservations - here's the confirmation number - 1.00-3.22.

• Upvote 2