Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Health Care Reform and the Supreme Court (Affordable Care Act)

umbertino

If this doesn’t make you sick to your stomach you can’t consider yourself a middle class citizen. Your either a “Welfare System Suffer” or one of the elites, the rest of us are going to have to pay these additional taxes.

And the silver tongued black devil, slickest snake oil salesman of the past three centuries got into the white house.

• Upvote 2

I can settle this for you all--- We do have CANADIAN people here who blog- so if we were to ask them nicely how they do it Maybe they will let us in on it.I know they have quite a bit of Medical that they dont pay for.It doesnt seem to hurt them.So if we knew this then we would be farther ahead. Right? Its called doing our Homework . I know this is all NEW but if we aks maybe we will learn something. SO TO OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS- i ASK THAT YOU COME FORTH AND LET US KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO HAVE A FREE MEDICAL SYSTEM. Thankyou so much for helping us poor souls out . I also know that they have and buy Medical Ins as well. But i dont grasp it like alot of you.Thanks again.I hope this didnt turn the apple cart .---

I personally think Romney is our best ticket and he has my vote...I perfer a christian but he has the morals and respect for our country to get it back on track....I am not opposed to his morman faith as I feel, he maybe come of Christian faith...I am certainly praying for him....I have prayed continuously over this matter and God's will, will be done..

Edited by learning all i can

I can settle this for you all--- We do have CANADIAN people here who blog- so if we were to ask them nicely how they do it Maybe they will let us in on it.I know they have quite a bit of Medical that they dont pay for.It doesnt seem to hurt them.So if we knew this then we would be farther ahead. Right? Its called doing our Homework . I know this is all NEW but if we aks maybe we will learn something. SO TO OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS- i ASK THAT YOU COME FORTH AND LET US KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO HAVE A FREE MEDICAL SYSTEM. Thankyou so much for helping us poor souls out . I also know that they have and buy Medical Ins as well. But i dont grasp it like alot of you.Thanks again.I hope this didnt turn the apple cart .---

I have a very good friend in Canada and her sister needed to do a sleep study for snoreing. Something that is not of the immediate life threating thing but can be VERY VERY dangerous and cause strokes, heart attacks and so forth. Anyway... she said it would take 18 months to get an appointment. So although it is free she said there are problems with it.

Although the healthcare act will transfer an additional 500 billion dollars annually from the private sector into the public it will never satisfy the out of control spending addiction of our government. It will quickly be divided in the same manner as all the other and explained away with the same rationalization and justification we have grown use to accepting.

Christ requested, “Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?” “Caesar’s,” they replied. Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

When we returned all the dollars we hold and cherish back to our established oppressive governmental system they will no longer have a hold on us and we will no longer be their captives.

My plan is to "just do it" one cent at a time.

I personally think Romney is our best ticket and he has my vote...I perfer a christian but he has the morals and respect for our country to get it back on track....I am not opposed to his morman faith as I feel, he maybe come of Christian faith...I am certainly praying for him....I have prayed continuously over this matter and God's will, will be done..

NEWS ALERT......Mormans ARE Christians.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How much is too much KUM BA YAH?

Our desire to assist everyone through difficult times may be well-intentioned but deny our society a fundamental right to the natural struggles of life that make each of us strong, determined and confident, that we can make it...no matter what!

That is what I grew up believing it meant to be an American.

And come to think of it ...it is also what I thought it meant to be an adult!

What a concept!

Edited by jonjon
  • Upvote 2

I have a very good friend in Canada and her sister needed to do a sleep study for snoreing. Something that is not of the immediate life threating thing but can be VERY VERY dangerous and cause strokes, heart attacks and so forth. Anyway... she said it would take 18 months to get an appointment. So although it is free she said there are problems with it.

Maybe your right but it was still free- I can see if it wasnt life threataning- Then you wait But if it when your life is at stake then i would believe they take you in fast. I kno we can buy our Dr,s but when i see a Dr who is in it for the money and can charge whatever they want then i dont belive that is fair. They take an oath and i have never found anything in it that says they have to rich 3 years out of school. I dont mind people making money and getting a head. But when it on the backs of people who cant afford it and people who are sick and have to mortgage a house then i have a problem. BUT the way OBAMACARE is brought in and the little in,s and out,s of the paper i dont trust it. I think their is another adgenda to it all and i believe it is what you call The De-Population Program /Im not making this up-I wish i was- The thing is when Rockefellers talk about it and GAates talk about it and Buffett and Turner then i think OBAMACARE is really to appease these people. But as for FREE Medical I like it. I would HOPE it is for everyone .Maybe -who knows it may bring the spirits up in people because now they can get better. Just Maybe-

Updated: June 28, 2012

Breaking News: The Supreme Court largely upholds President Obama’s health care law, the Affordable Care Act. The conservative chief justice, John G. Roberts, joined the majority in affirming the central legislative accomplishment of Mr. Obama’s term.

Chief Justice Roberts ruled that the key provision in question, the so-called individual mandate requiring all Americans to buy insurance or pay a fine, failed to pass constitutional muster under the Commerce Clause, which was the heart of the administration’s arguments in favor of it. But the chief justice declared that the fine amounted to a tax that the government had the power to impose, and that the mandate could survive on that basis.

Overview

In March 2010, Congress passed a sweeping health care bill pushed by President Obama. The law put in motion the creation of a nationwide insurance system that would sharply reduce the number of Americans without coverage, a goal that Democratic presidents had unsuccessfully pursued for 75 years.

Passage came by the narrowest of margins and without a single Republican vote. In 2012, the law survived a second test, when the Supreme Court largely upheld it after considering a series of challenges to several of the law’s key provisions.

The most important court challenge centered on the so-called individual mandate, a requirement that all Americans obtain health insurance or pay a fine. Republicans challenged it as an unconstitutional expansion of federal power; the government, they said, could regulate commerce but could not force people to participate in it. The Obama administration argued that it was needed to fix basic flaws in the insurance marke and that it was crucial to provisions like the requirement that insurers accept all comers without regard to pre-existing health conditions.

In March, the court held three days of hearings on the challenges, which included arguments over whether the case should not be heard until the mandate went into effect in 2014, whether the law’s expansion of Medicaid was too coercive to the states, which administer the program, and whether the entire law should be thrown out iffif the mandate is.

It was one of the most significant cases heard by the court in decades, with implications for the presidential race as well as the future of health care coverage. The decision is also likely to be a major factor in shaping the legacy of Chief Justice Roberts, as well as Mr. Obama, whose signature domestic initiative was on the line.

During the hearings, the Obama administration’s views faced sharp questioning by justices in the court’s conservative majority.

Court Hearings: Day One

In the first argument, the justices considered whether they are barred from hearing the case until the first penalties come due in 2015.

http://topics.nytime..._act/index.html

Congress and the Senate are not obligated to adhere to the laws.....Here is a solution:

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just

pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more

than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible

for re-election.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds)

took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple!

The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail,

cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year

or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.

Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to

a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask

each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will

have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed

around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2012

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no

pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social

Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the

Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into

the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the

American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all

Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.

Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and

participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the

American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void

effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make this

contract with Congressmen/women.

Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in

Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers

envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their

term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will

only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive

the message. Don't you think it's time?

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!

If you agree, pass it on. If not, delete.

• Upvote 3

You know what would have been the right thing to do? How about putting it on the ballot. Do you want to nationalize healthcare and pay another 20% taxes to have it. Simple, let us vote on this stuff. I can't believe that some of these law makers make a career out of spending our money and giving themselves raises for failure. We keep voting them back in. i vowed to vote against everyone of them who signed the bailouts, from the Bush to the Bama. That my friend is unconstitutional and how in the world did they get away with it? Especially since it was the Feds who got bailed out and they are not a US federal entity. Illegal! Totally illegal. They should have failed period. That's capitalism at it's best. So what are we if they didn't allow them to fail? What we are my friends is putting a band-aid on a broken system that is going to fail eventually. We only bought time and we bought it with our tax money. Ya know, if they would have given us that money, we could have fixed it. We would have bought cars, paid our bills etc etc and problem fixed. The banks would have to have adopted moral lending. But as long as they know they can get a bail out when needed they still insist on predatory lending. This fiat system was the beginning of the end. We don't have any more tech booms, etc and those who bought into "fail book" (facebook) knows that all too well.

They will take it out of your tax return. If you dont get money back and owe, they will add it the money owed and add interest. Just one more way the gov will own us, we will all be bowing to the KING. angry.gif Or so he THINKS!!!

Your correct Red. They are going to ding us when we file our returns. It's not called bowing anymore. The term that is most appropriate is bending over.

I can't wait to see what this mandate is going to do to small and medium sized companies when they are forced to offer heath care to their employees. I think that we have a big mess on our hands from many angles.

What gives you the idea that Obamacare is free? NOTHING ABOUT IT IS FREE. All pay or get fined for not paying. You are perpetuating a fallacy from the Liberal talking points. If it were FREE, no one would be fined.

I will no longer refer to it as "Obamacare".....from now on it's the "Obama Tax Increase" <_<

• Upvote 2

Thought I pass this on!! Something to ask your State Governor, Attorney General, and Legislature. Will your State confirm it's already given Soverneignty, in lieu of the following?Before you look to do harm to Chief Justice Roberts or his family, it’s important that you think carefully about the meaning – the true nature — of his ruling on Obama-care. The Left will shout that they won, that Obama-care was upheld and all the rest. Let them. It will be a short-lived celebration.Here’s what really occurred — payback. Yes, payback for Obama’s numerous, ill-advised and childish insults directed toward SCOTUS.Chief Justice Roberts actually ruled the mandate, relative to the commerce clause, was unconstitutional. That’s how the Democrats got Obama-care going in the first place. This is critical. His ruling means Congress can’t compel American citizens to purchase anything. Ever. The notion is now officially and forever, unconstitutional. As it should be.Next, he stated that, because Congress doesn’t have the ability to mandate, it must, to fund Obama-care, rely on its power to tax. Therefore, the mechanism that funds Obama-care is a tax. This is also critical. Recall back during the initial Obama-care battles, the Democrats called it a penalty, Republicans called it a tax. Democrats consistently soft sold it as a penalty. It went to vote as a penalty. Obama declared endlessly, that it was not a tax, it was a penalty. But when the Democrats argued in front of the Supreme Court, they said ‘hey, a penalty or a tax, either way’. So, Roberts gave them a tax. It is now the official law of the land — beyond word-play and silly shenanigans. Obama-care is funded by tax dollars. Democrats now must defend a tax increase to justify the Obama-care law.Finally, he struck down as unconstitutional, the Obama-care idea that the federal government can bully states into complying by yanking their existing medicaid funding. Liberals, through Obama-care, basically said to the states — ‘comply with Obama-care or we will stop existing funding.’ Roberts ruled that is a no-no. If a state takes the money, fine, the Feds can tell the state how to run a program, but if the state refuses money, the federal government can’t penalize the state by yanking other funding. Therefore, a state can decline to participate in Obama-care without penalty. This is obviously a serious problem. Are we going to have 10, 12, 25 states not participating in “national” health-care? Suddenly, it’s not national, is it?Ultimately, Roberts supported states rights by limiting the federal government’s coercive abilities. He ruled that the government can not force the people to purchase products or services under the commerce clause and he forced liberals to have to come clean and admit that Obama-care is funded by tax increases.Although he didn’t guarantee Romney a win, he certainly did more than his part and should be applauded.And he did this without creating a civil war or having bricks thrown through his windshield. Oh, and he’ll be home in time for dinner.Brilliant.

• Upvote 4

Thought I pass this on!! Something to ask your State Governor, Attorney General, and Legislature. Will your State confirm it's already given Soverneignty, in lieu of the following?Before you look to do harm to Chief Justice Roberts or his family, it’s important that you think carefully about the meaning – the true nature — of his ruling on Obama-care. The Left will shout that they won, that Obama-care was upheld and all the rest. Let them. It will be a short-lived celebration.Here’s what really occurred — payback. Yes, payback for Obama’s numerous, ill-advised and childish insults directed toward SCOTUS.Chief Justice Roberts actually ruled the mandate, relative to the commerce clause, was unconstitutional. That’s how the Democrats got Obama-care going in the first place. This is critical. His ruling means Congress can’t compel American citizens to purchase anything. Ever. The notion is now officially and forever, unconstitutional. As it should be.Next, he stated that, because Congress doesn’t have the ability to mandate, it must, to fund Obama-care, rely on its power to tax. Therefore, the mechanism that funds Obama-care is a tax. This is also critical. Recall back during the initial Obama-care battles, the Democrats called it a penalty, Republicans called it a tax. Democrats consistently soft sold it as a penalty. It went to vote as a penalty. Obama declared endlessly, that it was not a tax, it was a penalty. But when the Democrats argued in front of the Supreme Court, they said ‘hey, a penalty or a tax, either way’. So, Roberts gave them a tax. It is now the official law of the land — beyond word-play and silly shenanigans. Obama-care is funded by tax dollars. Democrats now must defend a tax increase to justify the Obama-care law.Finally, he struck down as unconstitutional, the Obama-care idea that the federal government can bully states into complying by yanking their existing medicaid funding. Liberals, through Obama-care, basically said to the states — ‘comply with Obama-care or we will stop existing funding.’ Roberts ruled that is a no-no. If a state takes the money, fine, the Feds can tell the state how to run a program, but if the state refuses money, the federal government can’t penalize the state by yanking other funding. Therefore, a state can decline to participate in Obama-care without penalty. This is obviously a serious problem. Are we going to have 10, 12, 25 states not participating in “national” health-care? Suddenly, it’s not national, is it?Ultimately, Roberts supported states rights by limiting the federal government’s coercive abilities. He ruled that the government can not force the people to purchase products or services under the commerce clause and he forced liberals to have to come clean and admit that Obama-care is funded by tax increases.Although he didn’t guarantee Romney a win, he certainly did more than his part and should be applauded.And he did this without creating a civil war or having bricks thrown through his windshield. Oh, and he’ll be home in time for dinner.Brilliant.

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.giftip_hat.gifemot-downsbravo.gif

Thank you. Very well put. If more people could see and understand this.

• Upvote 2

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) may now be invalid because the Supreme Court ruled that it relies on a tax for implementation.

According to the United States Constitution, all tax bills must originate in the House of Representatives. This law originated in the Senate, because at the time the Democrats were selling it as a purchase - not a tax. Since the Supreme Court has ruled that the law is indeed based on a tax increase, it would have had to be initiated as a bill in the House of Representatives.

Consequently, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Law is unconstitutional on a different criteria than the ones considered by the Supreme Court in this latest landmark decision. By calling the individual mandate unconstitutional but allowing the law as a federal program to be funded by new taxes, Justice Roberts essentially nullified the law.

Link: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#trash/1383b43ac34844ba

Can only hope that this bares weight in the matter... if so then Justice Roberts is a hero...

• Upvote 5