Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Revalue or Lop

DaveD

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-126640765.html

“Turkey carries out currency revaluation.”

http://www.letsgo.com/15838-europe-travel-guides-turkey-essentials-c

“In response to rampant inflation and ever-confusing prices, Turkey revalued its currency in 2005, dropping 6 zeroes. One million Turkish Lira became 1 Yeni Türk Lirası”

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-19657604.html

“Russia plans to revalue the rouble”

http://www.coinbooks.org/esylum_v10n17a25.html

VENEZUELA TO REVALUE CURRENCY

http://www.exchangerate.com/country-information/ghana.html

note: in 2007 Ghana revalued its currency with 10,000 old cedis equal to 1 new cedis

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/585c9d7e23b7e337a9cb7321c2a9bec9-1946.php

Zambia revalues kwacha by removing three zeros

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/17faa856f3e2e824d407e61c9f9c03c0-898.php

North Korea revalues and replaces currency

These are all lops.

I could go on and on but I hope you get the point. Go to a search engine. Type in the name of any country that lopped along with revalue, currency, and zeros.

Ex. “Turkey revalue currency zeros”

EVERY country that lopped will have articles that used the term “Revalue” do describe it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

"[Adam Montana] NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, at some point the 0's are going to come off. This is true whether they l op, redenominate, revalue, or anything else.

[Adam Montana] what the CBI is telling us is that when they change the money, they are going to issue new notes with less 0's. That is ALL. They aren't going to announce to the world that they are going to increase the value by X because that would lead to a massive run on the dinar with people buying it, and they won't tell us if they are going to DECREASE the value either because that would lead to a massive DUMP of dinar!"

I think I will stick with this statement.Thanks for offering conjecture however. :peace:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Careful Dave....this isn't a very positive outlook on this " investment". The whiny squad maybe down here soon to say that know body knows and this is all your opinion. Funny thing is most of these articles are exactly what Iraq is describing now. Go figure. A hyperinflated currency may get redenominated. Great point though. Revalue is used to describe a RD probably because it makes the new currency more valuable per unit due to the lower amount in existence. Maybe SWFlorida guy can come and explain that Iraq has never seen hyperinflation so these articles don't apply. Haha

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I am just curious Dave and Dinar - Are you so sure of your opinions that you both DO NOT HAVE any dinars anymore?????

Just really am wondering why you would waste your time here if you HONESTLY think you are right and this is going to

be the outcome.......

That question get asked a lot. I get the feeling when people ask this question it's that they do not tolerate opposing views.

Why do you believe it will RV? What is it based on?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

jackster, I very rarely post at all and was just curious is all. Just seems strange to be here if you have no hope. I have no clue what

they are going to do but I hold dinar because there is a chance to make a good return. If I was so positive of a bad outcome, I just

would not be around here and don't understand it. Not a big deal, they don't have to answer and haven't so guess I just won't know, will I!

jackster, I very rarely post at all and was just curious is all. Just seems strange to be here if you have no hope. I have no clue what

they are going to do but I hold dinar because there is a chance to make a good return. If I was so positive of a bad outcome, I just

would not be around here and don't understand it. Not a big deal, they don't have to answer and haven't so guess I just won't know, will I!

Well if you bought some stock that gives a return of 3.5% a year would you just sell it and walk away? Or is overnight millionarism the only thing worth keeping up with?

I bought into the hype orginally and now that I know better I just figure O well might as well hold on and see if they RD or not. If they dont then maybe the value will slowly rise over decades such as it already has. Plus I really like getting on Cazs nerves. :lol:

Sure I am not going to be an overnight jillionare but there is still the possibility of appreciation over the long term. So to answer your question I am in it for the long haul unless they RD and then I am out. Not everyone sees currency speculation as a get rich quick scheme. I admitt that I did at first but now I dont. Are people like myself allowed on the site or is only impossible RV dreamers allowed? Not being rude in asking that it is just that I am sick of being asked why I am here. Its like if you are not brainwashed then you belong somewhere else. That sounds like Okies site or maybe sheeples dinar. I figured this site still has a glimmer of credibility left.

• Upvote 4

Well if you bought some stock that gives a return of 3.5% a year would you just sell it and walk away? Or is overnight millionarism the only thing worth keeping up with?

I bought into the hype orginally and now that I know better I just figure O well might as well hold on and see if they RD or not. If they dont then maybe the value will slowly rise over decades such as it already has. Plus I really like getting on Cazs nerves. :lol:

Sure I am not going to be an overnight jillionare but there is still the possibility of appreciation over the long term. So to answer your question I am in it for the long haul unless they RD and then I am out. Not everyone sees currency speculation as a get rich quick scheme. I admitt that I did at first but now I dont. Are people like myself allowed on the site or is only impossible RV dreamers allowed? Not being rude in asking that it is just that I am sick of being asked why I am here. Its like if you are not brainwashed then you belong somewhere else. That sounds like Okies site or maybe sheeples dinar. I figured this site still has a glimmer of credibility left.

Well stated!

• Upvote 1

Dave all those articals is what i am seeing with the dinar they will problly take 1000 of or old dinar for 1 new dinar so that not good for us at all

I am just curious Dave and Dinar - Are you so sure of your opinions that you both DO NOT HAVE any dinars anymore?????

Just really am wondering why you would waste your time here if you HONESTLY think you are right and this is going to

be the outcome.......

probably to get more people educated. most people in this forum just come to the forum and dont read anymore or research nothing

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-126640765.html

“Turkey carries out currency revaluation.”

http://www.letsgo.com/15838-europe-travel-guides-turkey-essentials-c

“In response to rampant inflation and ever-confusing prices, Turkey revalued its currency in 2005, dropping 6 zeroes. One million Turkish Lira became 1 Yeni Türk Lirası”

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-19657604.html

“Russia plans to revalue the rouble”

http://www.coinbooks.org/esylum_v10n17a25.html

VENEZUELA TO REVALUE CURRENCY

http://www.exchangerate.com/country-information/ghana.html

note: in 2007 Ghana revalued its currency with 10,000 old cedis equal to 1 new cedis

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/585c9d7e23b7e337a9cb7321c2a9bec9-1946.php

Zambia revalues kwacha by removing three zeros

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/17faa856f3e2e824d407e61c9f9c03c0-898.php

North Korea revalues and replaces currency

These are all lops.

I could go on and on but I hope you get the point. Go to a search engine. Type in the name of any country that lopped along with revalue, currency, and zeros.

Ex. “Turkey revalue currency zeros”

EVERY country that lopped will have articles that used the term “Revalue” do describe it.

Hmmm....none of those are sanctioned countries…/ The reason they are in those list could be due to poor management of wealth or simply because they are just poor, except probably N.Korea. But north Korea DID NOT remove their zeros…..they just replace their currencies ~ “ Apparently there are nine new won notes ranging from 5 to 5,000 won, which matches the previous currency structure

Edited by zul
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hmmm....none of those are sanctioned countries…/ The reason they are in those list could be due to poor management of wealth or simply because they are just poor, except probably N.Korea. But north Korea DID NOT remove their zeros…..they just replace their currencies ~ “ Apparently there are nine new won notes ranging from 5 to 5,000 won, which matches the previous currency structure

Not sure where you got your info from, but North Korea DID remove zeros. They lopped 2 zeros from their currency and set a limit for the amount allowed to be exchanged.

Search North Korea, currency, and zeros and you'll get many many hits that talk about it.

Secondly... you have fallen for the pumper/guru lies about Iraq being under sanctions. Bush removed all sanctions against against Iraq years ago, right after the war. The only sanctions that remained were they couldn't deal in arms and they didn't have full control over the DFI funds. They now have control of the DFI funds and I think the arms limitation still exist. Chapter 7 is not sanctions. Chapter 7 is more a UN status that allows sanctions to placed more easily. But there are no sanctions other than arms dealing, and it's been that way for years.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Not sure where you got your info from, but North Korea DID remove zeros. They lopped 2 zeros from their currency and set a limit for the amount allowed to be exchanged.

Search North Korea, currency, and zeros and you'll get many many hits that talk about it.

Secondly... you have fallen for the pumper/guru lies about Iraq being under sanctions. Bush removed all sanctions against against Iraq years ago, right after the war. The only sanctions that remained were they couldn't deal in arms and they didn't have full control over the DFI funds. They now have control of the DFI funds and I think the arms limitation still exist. Chapter 7 is not sanctions. Chapter 7 is more a UN status that allows sanctions to placed more easily. But there are no sanctions other than arms dealing, and it's been that way for years.

LOL! I got that from the link u gave..../ in fact, this line here ..> "“ Apparently there are nine new won notes ranging from 5 to 5,000 won, which matches the previous currency structure " IS from your own link. :lol:

• Upvote 1

LOL! I got that from the link u gave..../ in fact, this line here ..> "“ Apparently there are nine new won notes ranging from 5 to 5,000 won, which matches the previous currency structure " IS from your own link. :lol:

Every link I can find on this says they redenominated 100 to 1 (i.e. dropped two zeros). The denominations appear to be identical in both currencies but with the new one being exchanged for 100x the old one (e.g. 100 old 1000's for 1 new 1000). The wiki has a pretty detailed page on it. An RD is of course no cure-all for a screwed up economy and it appears that the whole thing was a bit of a fiasco resulting in the finance minister being executed. Some articles say it was done "in a bid to control inflation" but that is not at all what an RD accomplishes. You have to get inflation under control first, then RD to get the money supply back to its original pre-inflated size. Its also a case where its being called a revaluation. Indeed the new currency does have a new value, but anytime you issue a new currency to my mind should properly be called an RD (see DinarVets are not the only folks that can't keep their terms straight! :) ). The bottom line here is that no one made money and if you had more cash then they let you exchange you're were screwed royally.
  • Upvote 1

Look, when you talk sensibly you get (+)'s... You are right it could be a replacement with no gain. I can think of many other scenerios on top of that one. I think that is intelligent (not certain) to expect it can RD and maybe 3.5% gain. The reason a LOP wont happen is due to definition, yet LOP is still thrown around to mean a loss. Yet your opinion is just that. I am hoping for better, but it doesn;t mean it will go that way. I believe you understand. Yet, to state that it definately will only do what the other countries have done with a small gain means little. It is a speculative look into what might happen. There are no facts for which we can base our expectation on this investment. This I believe is a bit unique from the others. Maybe the term SPECULATION needs to be understood further by some.

Look I didnt compare you to the opposite of OKIE... LOL ;)

Edited by imgesing

... it could be a replacement with no gain. I can think of many other scenerios on top of that one. I think that is intelligent (not certain) to expect it can RD and maybe 3.5% gain. The reason a LOP wont happen is due to definition, yet LOP is still thrown around to mean a loss. Yet your opinion is just that. I am hoping for better, but it doesn;t mean it will go that way. I believe you understand. Yet, to state that it definately will only do what the other countries have done with a small gain means little. It is a speculative look into what might happen. There are no facts for which we can base our expectation on this investment. This I believe is a bit unique from the others. Maybe the term SPECULATION needs to be understood further by some.

"LOP" as far as I can tell is a term invented in dinarland to be derisive of a RD. I think the conversation would be improved all around if we stopped using it. If Iraq executes a RD, as they say they will, then unless you bought your dinars for something like $600/M you are likely to lose some money.

"Speculation" also seems to be thrown around a lot. Any investment is speculative to some degree. Even if you by AAA+ bonds and take out insurance, things could still go wrong (hmm that sounds familiar somehow), but are just very unlikely to do so. Would you say that buying a lotto ticket where the odds (using CA as am example) are typically 1 in 15 million, a speculative investment? I would not. I'd say that is way outside normal usage. You'd get far better odds in Vegas. A 100,000% RV is far less likely than that, I'd say its in fact fully impossible, its just a sure loss in the short term. If you hold them long enough they might increase in value, but just because Iraq's GDP is very likely to increase over the years that is no assurance that the currency will do likewise.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I asked this in another thread, but it got locked before you would have had a chance to answer it. I'd be interested in your answer if you wouldn't mind (if cutting and pasting this from a locked thread is a no-no, my apologies and mods please delete this post).

imgesing, on 28 June 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

The issue to me is that those who think they have some additonal spin on the FACTS and dont... Well bothers me. Will this RV or RD who knows??? LOP is impossible due to the definition of a lop. Yet that term has been misused for a while now. I rather be in an investment which hangs on a fense of speculation and hope it goes well. Maybe that is my approach on life too. I choose to be around people who are REAL, but also optimistic. I am not too crazy about those who put their spin on numbers and articles as if they KNOW better...

What if they DO know better? Try this on as a thought experiment. Just suppose a huge overnight RV is impossible. Not unlikely or even very very very unlikely or even unlikely in lotto ticket territory but actually impossible. I know you don't think that is the case at present, but just for the sake of argument suppose that IS the case. Would you want to know that or would you rather continue with the pleasant illusion (again in this thought experiment) that it could go either way and there was a chance of riches?

Look, when you talk sensibly you get (+)'s... You are right it could be a replacement with no gain. I can think of many other scenerios on top of that one. I think that is intelligent (not certain) to expect it can RD and maybe 3.5% gain. The reason a LOP wont happen is due to definition, yet LOP is still thrown around to mean a loss. Yet your opinion is just that. I am hoping for better, but it doesn;t mean it will go that way. I believe you understand. Yet, to state that it definately will only do what the other countries have done with a small gain means little. It is a speculative look into what might happen. There are no facts for which we can base our expectation on this investment. This I believe is a bit unique from the others. Maybe the term SPECULATION needs to be understood further by some.

I don’t know about “SPECULATION”, but it’s obvious some need to better understand lop.

Lop is not a technical term, the technical term is redenomination. Lop is simply a slang term for redenomination. Things would have been much clearer in dinarland if the term redenomination had been used instead of lop. Gurus and pumpers have mislead people for years into believing a lop and a redenomination are somehow different.

Here is the study of redenominations from Layna Mosley,Dept. of Political Science

University of North Carolina.

Titled “Dropping Zeros, Gaining Credibility?Currency Redenomination in Developing Nations”

Every country in the paper lopped… redenominated. But the term lop is not used in the paper one time.

http://www.unc.edu/~lmosley/APSA%202005.pdf

From the study.

Hypothesis 2: Redenomination is more likely following a period of high inflation and a subsequent stabilization. A dramatic downward movement in inflation increases the probability of a redenomination.

That blows away the pumper/guru lie about redenomination/lops only happening during hyperinflation.

If you believe lop is different than redenomination then please give me one example of a country lopping but not redenominating.

• Upvote 2

I have been talking sensibly from the get go. Problem is you don't want to hear it.

I have never said anything about a "LOP". I use the proper term for what is going on and that's a redenomination.

I have also never said that they will definately RD however I have said that they are clearly planning one and have even gone as far as saying one is inevitable if they keep printing dinar and their M2 continues to grow.

There is only 2 ways that this thing can go. I know you think differently since you hide behind "speculation" and "nobody knows". 1. Iraq performs a RD. 2. Iraq doesn't perform a RD and the Dinar remains in a hyperinflated state with slight movements up and down over decades. There is nothing else even though you think you know better. That is how economics work. There is no place in economics for massive overnight RVs because they go against the very dynamics and laws of economics. Please show otherwise. I have heard the dribble of resetting the global currency structure and a new banking system and the workings of the NWO and blah blah blah. Its all a buch of crap. Economics only works if done properly. Just ask Sadam. He could not create wealth by printing money or RVing anymore than the NWO or the "new banking system" can. The dinar is in a hyperinflated state for a reason. That reason is there is 70 trillion in existence. If there wasn't a massive amount in existence it wouldn't be in a hyperinflated state and you couldn't buy it for 1/10th of a penny. That is fact even though you dismiss them.

• Upvote 1

I would say you must have missed this part, but since it was the first sentence in the link I’m guessing you just couldn’t comprehend the meaning.

“North Korean central bank has revalued and is replacing the national currency as of 30 November 2009. With the exchange rate of 100:1

I do not think the CBI will do anything to make life more difficult for the Iraqi citizen....An RD is neutral and it fixes the problem of need to manage wads of almost worthless paper to buy food, fuel , etc. At most a small short term inconvenience and predictable... An RD and a rv to $1 possible but unpredictable ..... An RV (even a small one) before RD , IMPOSSIBLE.. I agree not likely they would announce beforehand ... So BAM , new rate! I see panic .

"[Adam Montana] NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, at some point the 0's are going to come off. This is true whether they l op, redenominate, revalue, or anything else.

[Adam Montana] what the CBI is telling us is that when they change the money, they are going to issue new notes with less 0's. That is ALL. They aren't going to announce to the world that they are going to increase the value by X because that would lead to a massive run on the dinar with people buying it, and they won't tell us if they are going to DECREASE the value either because that would lead to a massive DUMP of dinar!"

I think I will stick with this statement.Thanks for offering conjecture however. :peace:

Nonsense that's twisting reality to suit your desired outcome.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nonsense that's twisting reality to suit your desired outcome.

It also kinda ignores the fact that they have told us a number of times that the rate will be near $1 and some have even been more specific and said 85 cents.