Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SWFloridaGuy (No Lop)

SWFloridaGuy

Here is proof of Iraq's "hyperinflated currency".

Link:http://english.cntv.cn/program/bizasia/20110908/104781.shtml

This is from an English speaking Chinese business publication from September, 2011.

Their currency is hyperinflated. The zeros on the "nominal value" (face value) of the notes prove that.

Link doesn't work.

If I may, I believe it was said at April 2011 in New York City - the speech and comments are on video somewhere around here. The trip included Talabani's visit to the UN and he spent two million dollars, and Dr. Shabibi spoke at the WB. I think that is correct.

I guess this is "your way" of admitting you have no proof whatsoever that Iraq currently has HYPERINFLATION or understand how many different complicated definitions that word has. I agree with you. You don't have that evidence. Also, I noticed you've backtracked from Hyper to High. Good move.

Hey there always great to see you. Been a long day. Hope you had a good one. Glad you're here to relax and enjoy the evening with us. :cigar:

My friend, the first round is on me. Straight up or rocks? B)

Thanks for the link. Something to entertain me while I drink like a sailor.

Edited by KamelKeeper

I don't understand making judgements on something before you investigate it and I'm also very surprised that you've never seen that video before. Anyway, I hope you have a good rest of your day and I've enjoyed the debate. Cheers :)

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation." — Herbert Spencer

I wasn't judging it yet. I did state that beforehand. I guess I did have a preconceived notion of what he's talking about. Was being distracted with trying to medicate my sunburn.

Nope. Never seen it.

Thanks. I am trying to enjoy my day. We're watching a wildfire outside our city. I also got a sunburn while in the yard and in the hot tub. Yep. I said hot tub.

I wasn't judging it yet. I did state that beforehand. I guess I did have a preconceived notion of what he's talking about. Was being distracted with trying to medicate my sunburn.

Nope. Never seen it.

Thanks. I am trying to enjoy my day. We're watching a wildfire outside our city. I also got a sunburn while in the yard and in the hot tub. Yep. I said hot tub.

Haha that's crazy. The ol' hottub time maching got ya again. Take care of that burn.

Edited by SWFloridaGuy

Iraq is not on your list. Thank you for proving my point. :)

Hey. I don't bring one-sided info.

Iraq's annual inflation rate was at a high of 64.8% in 2006 and 29.3% in 2003. I don't concern myself with their inflation before the US invasion. It's almost like comparing Post-Soviet economics of Russia to the Soviet Union.

• Upvote 1

I remember the good ole days when keepm had some high source and secret intel and there was to be an RV before November 20th 2010. Stopped listening to much after that. The reality is NOBODY knows what is going to happen with the dinar!! After being on this site for many years and seeing all the articles released there is arguments to both sides. I for one appreciate those who continue to bring the smarts that I lack in breaking down the daily news from Iraq.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Haha that's crazy. The ol' hottub time maching got ya again. Take care of that burn.

OK. I watched it. He spoke a lot about inflation and answered a question about RD.

Talked about currency exchange and mentioned revaluation once or twice(?).

It was a difficult to concentrate on because of his accent and fluency.

There are 3 other parts to that press conference. I guess there was nothing about currency exchange in those.

Well, he did mention Revaluation. And what he meant about revaluation at that time was vague. He gave no definition of what his plans are for a revaluation. So, I cannot conclude what he's looking to do with the currency exchange. We might find out more as the RD moves forward.

He was more expressive on the removing of 3 zeros. But that is a separate issue.

Its already common sense due to their money supply and the extra 000s on the notes, but here is the link anyways...

Iraq in Hyperinflation

Haha that's your proof? An article from a no-name author from 2011 that also says Iraq is going to "completely re-value its Dinar." That's just some idiot shooting his mouth off talking about the RV. No different than us in this blog. Don't simplify this by saying you're right due to common sense and then use that as your evidence. Hyperinflation refers to the "unrestrained" rise in the rate of inflation among many other things and has many definitions that would take both you and I a lifetime of studying Microeconomics and Macroeconomics before we were qualified to insignia a country, such as Iraq, with the hyperinflation badge. This is why we defer to the professionals and on no list anywhere in either the 20th or 21st century do I see Iraq listed among countries who were. Sorry, I'm sticking with that.

If I may, I believe it was said at April 2011 in New York City - the speech and comments are on video somewhere around here. The trip included Talabani's visit to the UN and he spent two million dollars, and Dr. Shabibi spoke at the WB. I think that is correct.

$2 million? That's a lot of Dinar.

Yep. April 2011.

OK. I watched it. He spoke a lot about inflation and answered a question about RD.

Talked about currency exchange and mentioned revaluation once or twice(?).

It was a difficult to concentrate on because of his accent and fluency.

There are 3 other parts to that press conference. I guess there was nothing about currency exchange in those.

Well, he did mention Revaluation. And what he meant about revaluation at that time was vague. He gave no definition of what his plans are for a revaluation. So, I cannot conclude what he's looking to do with the currency exchange. We might find out more as the RD moves forward.

He was more expressive on the removing of 3 zeros. But that is a separate issue.

I agree with you that he was vague and I have my own opinion as to why that is imperative to the process. As usual we hope for the best. Hope your sunburn gets better.

SWFloridaGuy...First of all thanks for your continual efforts on all our behalf. My Father used to say "You should never try to teach a pig to sing.It's a waste of time and it annoys the pig". Keep up all the great analysis!

Edited by amhvl
  • Upvote 2

IMHO, the removing of the 3 0's has always referred to removing from the rate, not the bills themselves. Hence .00086 becomes .86; Dinar becomes closely = the $, it presents the easiest transitions for the Iraqis, and it makes all of the investors (particularly governments and world banks) a very nice profit.

Pipe dream? Maybe. Links to back up my opinion? Nope - just what my logical mind says to me based on 13 mos of reading, looking up, and digesting information.

Logical minds think alike ;) .Just because many on here don't have many posts and have lived here for years don't mean we don't have a good handle on things.Shhh , don't tell the Lop people here, Im of the impression when all is said and done they will STILL be touting that's not how its supposed to happen :lol: .+1 from me .

SWFloridaGuy...First of all thanks for your continual efforts on all our behalf. My Father used to say "You should never try to teach a pig to sing.It's a waste of time and it annoys the pig". Keep up all the great analysis!

Thanks. We'll cross the finish line together, one of these days. :)

Haha that's your proof? An article from a no-name author from 2011 that also says Iraq is going to "completely re-value its Dinar." That's just some idiot shooting his mouth off talking about the RV. No different than us in this blog. Don't simplify this by saying you're right due to common sense and then use that as your evidence. Hyperinflation refers to the "unrestrained" rise in the rate of inflation among many other things and has many definitions that would take both you and I a lifetime of studying Microeconomics and Macroeconomics before we were qualified to insignia a country, such as Iraq, with the hyperinflation badge. This is why we defer to the professionals and on no list anywhere in either the 20th or 21st century do I see Iraq listed among countries who were. Sorry, I'm sticking with that.

All I did was repost the link that you couldn't open...

Listen SWFloridauru: If you cant understand that a country with a 70 Trillion M2 and a GDP of a little over $100 Billion, is in a hyper-inflated state then nobody can help you. It must be nice being naive to the facts...

Edited by 20MillionDinar
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All I did was repost the link that you couldn't open...

Listen SWFloridauru: If you cant understand that a country with a 70 Trillion M2 and a GDP of a little over $100, is in a hyper-inflated state then nobody can help you. It must be nice being naive to the facts...

I'll inform the IMF of your decree so they can add Iraq to the list of countries that currenty have hyperinflation as we continue to see an inflation reduction inside of Iraq.

Thanks. BTW, I wish we had your storm up here for these fires.

Dang I forgot you were dealing with that also. Hope it stays away from your neck of the woods. I'll see ya on here tomorrow. Gonna clock out for the night. This one wore me out today. Enjoyed the chat and I have a lot of respect for your research. We'll just have to keep speculating on this baby until it pops one way or another. I swear if I'm still here talking about this 10 years from now, remind me to jump off a bridge. C-ya tomorrow. :)

• Upvote 8

Sure, I get your point. But the weatherman is better qualified to make a bad prediction on the weather. The weatherman has the tools to forecast a full week's worth of weather because he has satellite and radar. We can just the the sky just above us.

An educated analyst or adviser has the training and the tools to make a better prediction than the average person. Not foolproof, but better.

Question: Would you rely on your neighbor, the plumber, for financial advise or rather an experienced financial adviser? Conversely, would you ask your banker how to fix a gas leak? Point: People in here, not all but many, are self-educated, self-proclaimed experts on the Iraqi economy.

And the person that bribed their way to a college degree definitely understands economics. I'd seek that person out. :D

Again, I do get your point. Not everyone is worth what their certificate says, but that's the exception to the rule.

:tiphat:

You refuted none of the facts I mentioned that relate to conditions that lead countries to redenominate rather than revalue. If you were the CBI would you tell the world you were about to revalue or would you make them think you would redenominate? We have to look at history here and the criteria for each scenario. This will not be a lop. I am not here to create excitement, as I said I am giving my opinion based on years of research. Please enlighten me as to why a redenomination is the only possible outcome and why you know that to be the case. Prove to me how Iraq fits this criteria because THEY DO NOT!! I respect your right to voice your "opinion," respect mine without saying I'm here to create excitement. I very much resent that.

This masterful diplomacy and well articulated response is why I love this guy!

I guess this is "your way" of admitting you have no proof whatsoever that Iraq currently has HYPERINFLATION or understand how many different complicated definitions that word has. I agree with you. You don't have that evidence. Also, I noticed you've backtracked from Hyper to High. Good move.

Hey there always great to see you. Been a long day. Hope you had a good one. Glad you're here to relax and enjoy the evening with us. :cigar:

Its not about CURRENT inflation....for a successful RD countries will attempt to get inflation under control first, such as in the case with turkey....Iraq has now got ahold of the inflation and is controlling it quite well.....the RD erases the PAST effects of the inflation which include an inflated money supply and low purchasing power....that's what a RD is about.....its the easy way out and its the route that most all have taken in this situation.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

I was playin, LBJ is a beast. I dont like his ways off the court but there are none better on it.

Ok ok. I can tolerate the drama lop queens who think that they are changing the world and saving lives. Ya know, they are silly.

But to make a unbridled, careless, comment like that! Lebrons game is 95% run at the rim and get the call everytime. Kobe is clearly the greatest in the game and probably the best ever to play.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1