Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SWFloridaGuy (No Lop)

SWFloridaGuy

Noooooooooooooooo lol!!! I saw him on the bootom the page. Was just sayin hi to him.

Too bad he can't reply to you ( or anybody else) in this thread, as you may remember.

Ohhhhhhhhh torture can be fun!! Especially if you.....ummmm well.......... oops, sorry wrong board! :blush:

lol.

Too bad he can't reply to you ( or anybody else) in this thread, as you may remember.

Yep I remember,people make choices. He was out a few weeks ago,he must have stepped into it again. I like him when he's not so abrasive,he appears to be pretty smart.

I have read a LOT of posts since I joined. And do you want to know one of the few I specifically remember? Someone, (I don't remember the name) Asked if everyone thought it would be possible to buy a home using their Dinar as a down payment. I remember them saying "It should be possible since once the RV hits I won't even have a mortgage". I remember feeling so sad for that person because IF someone took the Dinar as a down payment (and I don't think that would happen) They would surely lose their house, because even if it did RV, it probably wouldn't be in time. Let's pretend for a moment that this site did not exist. Only positive talk allowed on ALL sites. Why would people NOT get in too deep? Yes, the news articles say what they say, but having people smarter than I am break it down for me in a way that I might better understand (especially with bad translations and all) is a HUGE advantage IMO. PART of MY due diligence is to read both sides of the equation. I appreciate Keep (and all other "so called LOPsters") for showing me another possibility and explaining it in a way that I can comprehend. People who bash them for doing so are doing all of us a dis-service. IMO

Since I've been in this forum, I have met one person that was kicked out of their rental. And another lost his house to foreclosure. Can't say that the Dinar caused it, but these people hoped it would save them.

Ohhhhhhhhh torture can be fun!! Especially if you.....ummmm well.......... oops, sorry wrong board! :blush:

knew you were a freak tongue.gif

Since I've been in this forum, I have met one person that was kicked out of their rental. And another lost his house to foreclosure. Can't say that the Dinar caused it, but these people hoped it would save them.

im shedding a tear for them

As Shabibi himself said, when it comes to a revaluation, it depends upon stability & inflation and if they go in that direction they would never be able to announce that prior to anyone. It's imperative to the process they remain as surreptitious as possible. If you are looking for an article that details the exact mechanisms as to how they will revalue, you will be waiting a long time. If you were the CBI would your goal be to tip your hand to the world or would you do just what was necessary and educate the public that there were some economic reforms on the way that would improve competitiveness, reduce poverty, encourage foreign investement and provide the environment for healthy businesses and job creation all while also telling the rest of the world, hey guys nothing to see here, just a little redenomination? Of course, if you're smart and being instructed by the IMF, you would go with the latter. As you've pointed out, I certainly don't have the answers, nor do I pretend to. I'm just stating my opinion, which may or may not be correct.

I may have miss the quote, but where does Shabibi say "when it comes to a revaluation,..."? And I'm especially interested in the word "revaluation". BTW, revaluation does not mean increase in value.

I too know of those that have lost,sadly thats a daily occurrence for many reasons. One day you can be on top of the world the next.................... well what you said. Appreciate and prepare and hope for the best for no one except HIM(if u believe) knows what tomorrow will bring. I truly wish the best for all knowing that its a pipedream,but a wish all the same.

I may have miss the quote, but where does Shabibi say "when it comes to a revaluation,..."? And I'm especially interested in the word "revaluation". BTW, revaluation does not mean increase in value.

"BTW,revaluation does not mean increase in value" YEP,agreed

He was out a few weeks ago

End Quote

Not that I know of but I might be wrong.

me too

First of all the definition of Hyperinflation in and of itself is not so simple. You have Monetarism, Neo-liberalism, Classical Economics. I'm not referring to escalating the supply of money through paper notes adding a large number of zeros to the plates and then printing. Hyperinflation is a rare phenomenon and there have only been 28 episodes of hyperinflation of national economies. The tipping point for hyperinflation occurs when the government’s deficit exceed 40% of its expenditures.

hyperinflation

Definition:

Ruinously high increase (50 percent or more per month) in prices due to the near total collapse of a country's monetary system, rendering its currency almost worthless as a medium of exchange. Although hyperinflation is caused mainly by excessive deficit spending (financed by printing more money) by a government, some economists believe that social breakdown leads to hyperinflation (not vice versa), and that its roots lie in political rather than economic causes. The longest lasting (15 months) hyperinflation occurred in Germany between August 1922 and November 1923 (in the aftermath of first World War) during which prices rose at an average rate of 322 percent per month, and sometimes doubled or even trebled in a single day.

Examples of hyperinflation:

Angola 1991 - 1995

Argentina 1975 - 1991

Austria 1914 - 1923

Belarus 1994 - 2002

Bolivia 1984 - 1986

Bosnia and Herzegovina 1993

Brazil 1967 - 1994

China 1948 - 1949

France - French Revolution

Free City of Danzig 1923

Georgia 1994

Germany 1923

Greece 1944

Hungary, 1922–24

Hungary, 1945–46

Krajina 1993

Mexico 1982

Nicaragua 1987 - 1990

Peru 1988 - 1990

Philippines 1944

Poland, 1921–1924

Poland, 1989–1991

Republika Srpska 1993

Roman Egypt 276 AD - 334 AD

Romania 1990s - 2005

Soviet Union / Russian Federation 1921 – 1922; 1992 - 1997

Taiwan 1940s

Ukraine 1993 - 1995

United States 1779; 1861 - 1865

Yugoslavia 1989 - 1994

Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo) 1989 - 1996

Zimbabwe 1980 - 2006

I found 34 examples of hyperinflation.

hyperinflation

Definition:

Ruinously high increase (50 percent or more per month) in prices due to the near total collapse of a country's monetary system, rendering its currency almost worthless as a medium of exchange. Although hyperinflation is caused mainly by excessive deficit spending (financed by printing more money) by a government, some economists believe that social breakdown leads to hyperinflation (not vice versa), and that its roots lie in political rather than economic causes. The longest lasting (15 months) hyperinflation occurred in Germany between August 1922 and November 1923 (in the aftermath of first World War) during which prices rose at an average rate of 322 percent per month, and sometimes doubled or even trebled in a single day.

Examples of hyperinflation:

Angola 1991 - 1995

Argentina 1975 - 1991

Austria 1914 - 1923

Belarus 1994 - 2002

Bolivia 1984 - 1986

Bosnia and Herzegovina 1993

Brazil 1967 - 1994

China 1948 - 1949

France - French Revolution

Free City of Danzig 1923

Georgia 1994

Germany 1923

Greece 1944

Hungary, 1922–24

Hungary, 1945–46

Krajina 1993

Mexico 1982

Nicaragua 1987 - 1990

Peru 1988 - 1990

Philippines 1944

Poland, 1921–1924

Poland, 1989–1991

Republika Srpska 1993

Roman Egypt 276 AD - 334 AD

Romania 1990s - 2005

Soviet Union / Russian Federation 1921 – 1922; 1992 - 1997

Taiwan 1940s

Ukraine 1993 - 1995

United States 1779; 1861 - 1865

Yugoslavia 1989 - 1994

Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo) 1989 - 1996

Zimbabwe 1980 - 2006

I found 34 examples of hyperinflation.

Iraq is not on your list. Thank you for proving my point. :)

• Upvote 3

Yep. He does mention "revaluation". I don't have the time to watch the whole video at this moment. But I would contend that his use of the word is not the same that would bring millions of dollars to speculators. I am submitting this response without watching the whole video.

Just want to make that clear.

I will try to watch it later.

Yep. He does mention "revaluation". I don't have the time to watch the whole video at this moment. But I would contend that his use of the word is not the same that would bring millions of dollars to speculators. I am submitting this response without watching the whole video.

I don't understand making judgements on something before you investigate it and I'm also very surprised that you've never seen that video before. Anyway, I hope you have a good rest of your day and I've enjoyed the debate. Cheers :)

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation." — Herbert Spencer

• Upvote 1

I don't understand making judgements on something before you investigate it and I'm also very surprised that you've never seen that video before. Anyway, I hope you have a good rest of your day and I've enjoyed the debate. Cheers :)

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation." — Herbert Spencer

Your my DV hero, just thought id throw that out there

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well then take a look at history and Iraqs position now.....if you cant put two and two together, then no one can help you.....

What you stated is exactly what puts Iraq in the same position as other countries that lopped.....you should really understand what your saying before putting it out there.....your not helping the situation by twisting this information around into something we want.....in my eyes that makes you no better then Okie....

Keep, don't you remember the lesson of: delivery, delivery, delivery! SWFG has been communicative, gracious and shares what he believes to be true with everyone, and you do the same, but in a completely different manner. I hope you don't wonder why you get negged. It is not necessarily your comment, but your tone. Why in the world would you insult someone like that? Who looks stupid? Not SWFG. Geez.

You have so much more going for you than that. You need to realize that. Your words could be like butter and you would have people at your feet.

• Upvote 5

Iraq is not on your list. Thank you for proving my point. smile.gif

laugh.gif So then if Iraq never suffered from high inflation then how do you explain the money supply being inflated as it is?

Just because its not on the list from wiki doesnt mean they didnt have it.....you know why?? Cause they dont even have Turkey on that list.....

Turkeys inflation was worse then Iraq but yet Iraq is saying that they are/have been using Turkey, Brazil, Romania etc as templates for what they are planning to do.....so if Iraq didnt suffer from high inflation, then why would they be saying it? And why do the historical charts for inflation show just the opposite of what your saying??

You cant deny that Iraq went through periods of severe inflation, which lead to a low purchasing power, and inflated money supply.....and historically countries usually take the easy way out and lop to try and start from scratch....

But your right.....Iraq doesnt fall into ANY category of reasons to RD laugh.gif (keep telling yourself that)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

laugh.gif So then if Iraq never suffered from high inflation then how do you explain the money supply being inflated as it is?

Just because its not on the list from wiki doesnt mean they didnt have it.....you know why?? Cause they dont even have Turkey on that list.....

Turkeys inflation was worse then Iraq but yet Iraq is saying that they are/have been using Turkey, Brazil, Romania etc as templates for what they are planning to do.....so if Iraq didnt suffer from high inflation, then why would they be saying it? And why do the historical charts for inflation show just the opposite of what your saying??

You cant deny that Iraq went through periods of severe inflation, which lead to a low purchasing power, and inflated money supply.....and historically countries usually take the easy way out and lop to try and start from scratch....

But your right.....Iraq doesnt fall into ANY category of reasons to RD laugh.gif (keep telling yourself that)

I guess this is "your way" of admitting you have no proof whatsoever that Iraq currently has HYPERINFLATION or understand how many different complicated definitions that word has. I agree with you. You don't have that evidence. Also, I noticed you've backtracked from Hyper to High. Good move.

Keep, have you ever noticed that every time you post to a thread that it usually ends up in an argument of some kind...and the focus is on you and not the subject of the thread. just sayin'

Hey there always great to see you. Been a long day. Hope you had a good one. Glad you're here to relax and enjoy the evening with us. :cigar:

• Upvote 1

You should watch all parts of the video...Shabibi explains the reasons for the upcoming RD and how past high inflation is the root cause..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This no different than any other investment. People will invest specific amounts based on many differing reasons & circumstance. Only difference is that most don't have forums such as this. And if you are taking any financial advise from any fictional character such as found here,well....................................to each his own. IMO this site as well as others should be taken as entertainment.There are NO experts here,only some who think of themselves as such. Best to all

That, and my mother taught me not to put all my eggs in one basket.

• Upvote 1

Here is proof of Iraq's "hyperinflated currency".

Link:http://english.cntv.cn/program/bizasia/20110908/104781.shtml

This is from an English speaking Chinese business publication from September, 2011.

Their currency is hyperinflated. The zeros on the "nominal value" (face value) of the notes prove that.

• Upvote 1

I guess this is "your way" of admitting you have no proof whatsoever that Iraq currently has HYPERINFLATION or understand how many different complicated definitions that word has. I agree with you. You don't have that evidence. Also, I noticed you've backtracked from Hyper to High. Good move.

Hey there always great to see you. Been a long day. Hope you had a good one. Glad you're here to relax and enjoy the evening with us. :cigar:

60 Trillion in m2..............thats the effects of the past inflation. why do you think there was a 25,000 dinar note printed in the first place. c'mon think real hard....i know you can get it.

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 4

If I may, I believe it was said at April 2011 in New York City - the speech and comments are on video somewhere around here. The trip included Talabani's visit to the UN and he spent two million dollars, and Dr. Shabibi spoke at the WB. I think that is correct.

Edited by KamelKeeper