Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Spirituality and classical atomism

thatoneguy

Not my words.

From Archibald Tuttle- Skater, scholar, and thinker.

Take an object and split it in half. Next, take that half and split it in half. Now continue doing this until you have divided it down to it's smallest unit of matter: the atom. It is known that the cellular machinery our bodies are comprised of is charged with electricity but science is still unclear on how that charge was initiated to begin with. It is also known that if you take this most basic unit of matter and split THAT in half it creates an enormously powerful and gigantic release of energy. The reverse of this process is Einstein's theory of relativity. It was his attempt to determine how much energy is relative to what quantity of matter in the physical world. This is why I believe in a god. Well, not because of Einstein's association with the subject, but merely because this much can actually be known about it scientifically (that, and the world fuckin sucks. My humanity and subconscious mind need an escape hatch) , which therefore warrants a closer inspection in my opinion.

I do however accept the fact that at the end of the day I must take a long hard look in the mirror and realize that my willingness to believe in some sort of benevolent consciousness operating behind this process of creation through which pure energy is converted (from what some would want to consider a "spiritual realm") to matter in the physical world is still just that: a belief. I mean, we can know with reasonable certainty that this process of creation exists, we just can't know for sure that there is anything directing or controlling it… Yet strangely it would seem as though fate is not without a sense of irony. I don't believe (and please don't attempt to convert or convince me) that any religion known to humanity has ever genuinely attempted to describe it for us and quite frankly they appear to have been fashioned for the exact opposite purpose. Or, at the very least, to thoroughly confuse man about his relationship to his own very existence, if not something even more profound than that.

While we’re on the subject, did you know that the existence of atoms has been well understood since before the days of Plato and Aristotle? And most people think that back then the human race was primitive compared to nowadays LOL. It was called Classical Atomism. Know your history. Look it up.