Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Musicians Who Died To Young

RUM

John Denver, age 53. while flying his personal aircraft, which crashed into the Pacific Ocean near Pacific Grove, California. It is not noted in any of the on line information about him but at the time of his death new reports were saying that not all his body parts were found after the crash. (yuck)

On a personal note ... I saw John Denver's concert in Toronto in the early seventies and it was first exposure to second hand marijuana smoke ... and the old Maple Leaf Gardens was full of it to the rafters. I barely managed to walk out of there after the concert and still don't remember getting home ... the next day.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 2

Brian Jones (Rolling Stones) Janis Joplin,Michael Jackson, Keith Moon ( Who drummer), John Bonham ( Zeppelin drummer), Nicky Mason ( Pink Floyd drummer) Robert Wyatt ( ex- Soft Machine and then Matching Mole 's mind and drummer.. A GENIUS) are some of the names coming to my mind right now... There's a lot of them who died too soon unfortunately...One can only imagine the spectacular jam sessions they're performing wherever they are .

More names to come as soon as I recall them.

Anoher one who was a Music Genius and kept performing till a few days before he died is Joe Zawinul ex-Weather Report Keyboardist /Composer and then various ensembles leader...Died in 2007 at 75... Still a great great loss for Music.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Not so young but still a phenomenal loss for Music... Miles Davis .. Died in 1991 at 65.... And Dizzy Gillespie another Jazz Legend ( had the honor to see him in concert).

And... Jaco Pastorius deemed by many as the Greatest Electric Bass player in the world... Was lucky enough to see him in concert... Used to play with Weather Report and then with small groups and always busy with important musicians sessions ( Joni Mitchell etc.).. Died in 1987 at 36

• Upvote 1

Jim Morrison of The Doors, and Bon Scott of AC/DC.

Very right you are... How could I forget him? I even visited him on his grave at the Pere -Lachaise Monumental Cemetery in Paris many years ago... Many people go there every day I was told.

Another huge loss for Music, no doubt.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

Very right you are... How could I forget him? I even visited him on his grave at the Pere -Lachaise Monumental Cemetery in Paris many years ago... Many people go there every day I was told.

They flock to Jimi Hendix grave as well. It's here in Renton, Wa. Probably not as many as the King(Elvis) though.

Kurt Cobain of Aberdeen, Wa died at an early age as well. Nirvanna

Ronnie James Dio, Ok starting to get sad now. :(

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...