Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

6-17-2012 SWFloridaGuy: Iraqi Parliament has their work cut out for them when they reconvene on Thursday. Their procrastination up to this point on key issues has led the country into further turmoil at the expense of the citizens. The upcoming legislative term will address a multitude of pending laws scheduled for adoption including the HCL, Amnesty Law, Federal Court, Inspectors General, Ministers and the Judicial Council. If Iraq is to progress as a leader in the region both economically and politically, there must be a collaborative effort by the main blocs to enact the obligatory laws that will ensure the success of the next phase of the CBI's currency reforms. Combined with the threats of no-confidence and interrogation proceedings, I'd say on a legislative level, this an extremely exigent time for Iraq. It's time for action, no more talk.

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I would think the average Iraqi citizen probably has given up hope of ever seeing a shift to true democracy and a thriving economy. You are right SWFG, the time for action is past due and the interest accumulates daily in the form of corruption, greed and instabiliity. Maybe something positive will happen soon over there...more for their sake than ours (but a little rv wouldn't hurt my feelings too much) :D

• Upvote 2

Thanks SWFG,

As always, we are on standby hoping that something changes the status quo in that region. Rich

10-4. That's a fact. At least we have so many to keep us company along this journey, where we have already traveled so much further than we ever could have anticipated.

• Upvote 3

Thank you, SWFG, for taking the time and thought to give a realistic, optimistic look at what is going on. I, for one, appreciate your time and effort to give us your view, which I happen to agree with.

PS I was at another pub and just wanted a warm beer, and all I could get was a cold shoulder. BB. Wow.

• Upvote 2

Thank you, SWFG, for taking the time and thought to give a realistic, optimistic look at what is going on. I, for one, appreciate your time and effort to give us your view, which I happen to agree with.

PS I was at another pub and just wanted a warm beer, and all I could get was a cold shoulder. BB. Wow.

I bet I can guess who gave you the cold shoulder. You'll never get the cold shoulder from me. Cheers Kamel. You rock! :)

• Upvote 1

I agree. We need to see some progress before Ramadan or our next month of interest becomes September.

And every other month after that.. In other words it's ( lack of ) business as usual in Iraq... Nothing ever happens.....At least nothing of real substance.... Iraqis get the shaft as usual and as a consequence we do too.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

And every other month after that.. In other words it's ( lack of ) business as usual in Iraq... Nothing ever happens.....At least nothing of real substance.... Iraqis get the shaft as usual and as a consequence we do too.

But it is so much easier to posture, threaten, walkout, plant false evidence, form committees, postpone reports and blame the other guy than actually GOVERN. Non-governance has proven to be a great career- all the perks of a cushy job without the headaches of responsibility. Wait a minute- I've forgotten which country I'm talking about.

• Upvote 2

But it is so much easier to posture, threaten, walkout, plant false evidence, form committees, postpone reports and blame the other guy than actually GOVERN. Non-governance has proven to be a great career- all the perks of a cushy job without the headaches of responsibility. Wait a minute- I've forgotten which country I'm talking about.

True... Works on all four corners of Planet Earth with a few exceptions.

Edited by umbertino