Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

God's Word

Ricky G.H.

Does evil exist?

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?"....

The professor sat down.

Love this story cris. Now finish it.

When I first heard it, the second student was a physics major -- discussions about "Absolute Zero" and "measuring light refracted through Newton's Prism and all. Now I wasn't there so I can't prove the veracity of the claim, but it's said that the second student was a guy by the name Albert Einstein. At least that's the way I heard it.

Hey BlackSwan, glad to see you back and posting. It kinda got confusing with two active posters with such similar names. Anyway, glad to see you back.

Love this story cris. Now finish it.

When I first heard it, the second student was a physics major -- discussions about "Absolute Zero" and "measuring light refracted through Newton's Prism and all. Now I wasn't there so I can't prove the veracity of the claim, but it's said that the second student was a guy by the name Albert Einstein. At least that's the way I heard it.

Hey BlackSwan, glad to see you back and posting. It kinda got confusing with two active posters with such similar names. Anyway, glad to see you back.

thanks 429.....you're right ;)

That is a version of the original post.....some organizations

that I dont agree with, say that they have debunked the Einstein

connection. What I used was strictly the message, because its a wonderful

message, connected or not. And so as not to dilute those words with arguments of whether it was verifiable.

Edited by cris

• 2 weeks later...

God's word will give us the greatest riches! More than the dinar we have, I want this post to give everyone hope. By staying in God's word, He will give us all the strength we need and will help find riches that some of us never knew existed. I pray that all members and visitors on the dinar vets site, might be saved.

John 3:16- For God so loved the World that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ephesians 4:25-Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Galatians 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

• Upvote 2

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Galatians 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

God stepped out of eternity through his son Jesus Christ and loved us so much that he laid his life down. No man was able to take it. He laid it down to pay everyones sin debt. That is how much he loves each and everyone of us. Then he picked it up again on the third day.

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Dear Friends, salvation is a free gift from God. This means you don't have to work for it. You can't work for it and receive it, because it is a free gift from god. Trying to work for it would put us under the law. Jesus shed his blood on the cross at Calvery, and it is his pure blood that washes us clean from our sins. It is so simple to receive the gift of everlasting life by accepting Jesus as your lord and savior. Even a small child can understand it.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

God bless you

• Upvote 2

God's word will give us the greatest riches! More than the dinar we have, I want this post to give everyone hope. By staying in God's word, He will give us all the strength we need and will help find riches that some of us never knew existed. I pray that all members and visitors on the dinar vets site, might be saved.

John 3:16- For God so loved the World that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ephesians 4:25-Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Ricky G.H...... Ditto :twothumbs:

Thanks for your wisdom in such an eloquent form.

Also thank you for your prayers. We all need prayers to help us get through this life on earth.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

King James Bible the Holy Word of God

The Bible is one book. Seven great marks attest this unity. (1) from Genesis the Bible bears witness to one God. Wherever he speaks or acts he is consistent with himself, and with the total revelation concerning him. (2) The Bible forms one continuous story – the story of humanity in relation to God. (3) The bible hazards the most unlikely predictions concerning the future, and, when the centuries have brought round the appointed time, records their fulfillment. (4) The Bible is a progressive unfolding of truth. Nothing is told all at once, and once for all. The law is , “first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn.” Without the possibility of collusion, often with centuries between, one writer of Scripture takes up an earlier revelation, adds to it, lays down the pen, and in due time another man moved by the Holy Sprit, and another, and another, add new details till the whole is complete. (5) From beginning to end the Bible testifies to one redemption. (6) From beginning to end the Bible has one great theme – the person and work of the Christ. (7) And, finally, these writers, some forty-four in number, writing through twenty centuries, have produced a perfect harmony of doctrine in progressive unfolding. This is to every candid mind, the unanswerable proof of the Divine inspiration of the Bible.

• Upvote 1

<br /><br /><br />

1. Why not just end satan then??

2. Hmm, well he is already aware of the choices we will make before creating us. So yes we are robots just ignorant ones according to your logic.

3. Why not just destroy him, why simply "boot" him? Makes absolutely no sense. God burns his human creations, but simply demotes satan to hell to rule there?? Ummmm ok. Yes man had a choice, a choice that god was AWARE of so why would he be surprised about the outcome of our choices??

4. He was around and visible yet they chose satan? ya ok

5. Umm, no god did condemn us. You are hung up on this idea that he gave us free will and thus a choice but for some reason you can not grasp the very basic infantile idea that your god is omniscient therefor he knows the choices we will make before creating us. WHY WOULD GOD CREATE PEOPLE KNOWING THEY WILL SIN???? lets take a poll and see if you'll be the first believer to actual address this issue for once.

"My point is we have freedom of choice, I think the day will come soon when God does says enough and that will be the 2nd return of Jesus Christ. "

- No we don't, not if your god is omniscient. For us to have been given free will either means A. your god is a sadistic monster worse than every dictator that ever lived, or B. it's simply not true. I'll go with the ladder.

Please quote, from scripture, where you get the idea that God created people "knowing they will sin".

Please quote, from scripture, where you get the idea that God created people "knowing they will sin".

Psalms 139:1-6 and Proverbs 5:12 and Proverbs 15:3 sort of allude to the supposition that God knows everything---and by everything I assume that means He knows humans will sin. Many theologians describe God as "omniscient" which means He knows everything---past, present, future---about everyone. They back their claim up using the Bible. One argument for this (Him knowing all things) is the "book of life" described in Revelations...it has already been written, so obviously He knows who is in and who is out, right? But all of this leads down the road of "predestination" versus "free will" and that is an argument that has gone on ever since the Bible was written---it is still going on today---and I don't get caught up in that argument.

• Upvote 1

Psalms 139:1-6 and Proverbs 5:12 and Proverbs 15:3 sort of allude to the supposition that God knows everything---and by everything I assume that means He knows humans will sin. Many theologians describe God as "omniscient" which means He knows everything---past, present, future---about everyone. They back their claim up using the Bible. One argument for this (Him knowing all things) is the "book of life" described in Revelations...it has already been written, so obviously He knows who is in and who is out, right? But all of this leads down the road of "predestination" versus "free will" and that is an argument that has gone on ever since the Bible was written---it is still going on today---and I don't get caught up in that argument.

Psalms 139: 1-6 and Proverbs 15:3 seem to indicate that God knows the hearts of men. Doesn't indicate that God knew when he created man that man would sin. Proverbs 5:12 seems more indicative to me that man will regret that he didn't heed the word of God until it's too late. I know the definition of the word omnicient, but again, where is the scriptural reason for the belief that God created man knowing man would sin? Regarding the "book of life" ( by the way, it's "The Revelation of Jesus Christ to St. John", not "Revelations") please provide your scriptural proof that it has "already been written". I personally believe it is a "work in progress".

You are correct in the "predestination v. feee will" argument. That's exactly where this is going.

• Upvote 1

Just curious, can someone pls tell me in plain everyday english what this is talking about:

Deuteronomy 23:13-14

King James Version (KJV)

13 And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee:

14 For the Lord thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.

It seems almost as if God is requiring his early followers to attach a paddle to their weapons so they could cover up the human poop lying around their camp, in case God happen to walk through the camp wearing sandalss. Am I missing something? :confused2:

I'm not being funny, I want to know what this really means?

Actually Tiffany, you have hit the nail on the head

Be cause God was there with the Israelite soldiers to delivery them from their enemies, the camp was to be kept pure of unclean things...this wasn't just for hygenical reasons but also for ceremonial reasons. We have a Holy and Pure God. The Israelites had never had laws of their own, they had no idea how to take care of themselves so they were given laws by Moses so that Israel would be obligated to God to hear and obey the laws of the Lord...He had set them free, they were no longer slaves or oppressed by their once owners...So yes this was one of God's requirements for the soldiers......A good one, I might add....Just think of the disease if not followed. I know there are many more here on DV that can give you a better more in depth answer than I, but we have a Holy God, he can not look upon sin and fiflth......

Hope this helped....barb

please provide your scriptural proof that it has "already been written". I personally believe it is a "work in progress".

You are correct in the "predestination v. feee will" argument. That's exactly where this is going.

I don't believe anything written in the Bible can be "proven" as in a scientific manner...if it could, I wonder if believing in it (the Words of Scripture) would still be called "faith?" I cannot prove the Book of Life has already been written. I cannot prove Jesus existed. I cannot prove Moses parted the Red Sea. And I am not trying to be argumentative! I simply believe that the Bible describes one of the characteristics of God as being His ability to know all things, which means He would know His creation (man) would fall. Again, I cannot (nor am I inclined to) prove this. It is simply what I believe the Bible is stating. It (His foreknowledge of man sinning) ties into the overall theme of the Bible---God creates, man falls, Jesus saves.

I also want to apologize for using the "short version" name of The Revelation of Jesus Christ...it is a habit I picked up years ago (just saying "Revelations"). Did not intend to demean the Book nor offend you.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe anything written in the Bible can be "proven" as in a scientific manner...if it could, I wonder if believing in it (the Words of Scripture) would still be called "faith?" I cannot prove the Book of Life has already been written. I cannot prove Jesus existed. I cannot prove Moses parted the Red Sea. And I am not trying to be argumentative! I simply believe that the Bible describes one of the characteristics of God as being His ability to know all things, which means He would know His creation (man) would fall. Again, I cannot (nor am I inclined to) prove this. It is simply what I believe the Bible is stating. It (His foreknowledge of man sinning) ties into the overall theme of the Bible---God creates, man falls, Jesus saves.

I also want to apologize for using the "short version" name of The Revelation of Jesus Christ...it is a habit I picked up years ago (just saying "Revelations"). Did not intend to demean the Book nor offend you.

So in your opinion, does science prove that God does or does not exist ?.

Actually Tiffany, you have hit the nail on the head

Be cause God was there with the Israelite soldiers to delivery them from their enemies, the camp was to be kept pure of unclean things...this wasn't just for hygenical reasons but also for ceremonial reasons. We have a Holy and Pure God. The Israelites had never had laws of their own, they had no idea how to take care of themselves so they were given laws by Moses so that Israel would be obligated to God to hear and obey the laws of the Lord...He had set them free, they were no longer slaves or oppressed by their once owners...So yes this was one of God's requirements for the soldiers......A good one, I might add....Just think of the disease if not followed. I know there are many more here on DV that can give you a better more in depth answer than I, but we have a Holy God, he can not look upon sin and fiflth......

Hope this helped....barb

Barb...Thank you for your reply..which to be absolutely honest...was a good one. I can respect that. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.

To be honest, when I first read this passage, I couldn't phantom why an all power entity that could create this:

orion_hubble_960-1.jpg

would be so fixated on removing human waste in his way. But with your insight, I can see it is a way of providing homage to the Creator...which does indeed make sense.

BTW I have other questions that I'd like to ask, would you be up to it? They are question about specific passages that trouble me and I would like to request someone knowledgeable in the Bible to provide some clarity, such as you have done on this one.

Edited by Black Swan

So in your opinion, does science prove that God does or does not exist ?.

In my opinion, science can neither prove nor disprove the existence of God. As far as I am concerned, IF God does exist (and is everything the Bible claims He is), then He would reveal Himself if He wanted to be proven...or "hide" Himself so He cannot be proven. From a human perspective, it all boils down to a matter of choice...if one believes God exists, guess what? He does exist (at least in that persons world). And there is nothing anyone (including science, math, whatever...) can do to make that person change their mind. Do you suppose science could disuade a suicide bomber with "proof" that refutes the bomber's belief system? Nope. Many people who have believed in and follow God have been martyred for their belief...yet the people who killed them cannot prove God doesn't exist...they simply believe He doesn't exist. So again, like people, science neither proves nor disproves the existence of God. It simply chooses a side and then does its best to prove the opposite side is wrong...

In my opinion, science can neither prove nor disprove the existence of God. As far as I am concerned, IF God does exist (and is everything the Bible claims He is), then He would reveal Himself if He wanted to be proven...or "hide" Himself so He cannot be proven. From a human perspective, it all boils down to a matter of choice...if one believes God exists, guess what? He does exist (at least in that persons world). And there is nothing anyone (including science, math, whatever...) can do to make that person change their mind. Do you suppose science could disuade a suicide bomber with "proof" that refutes the bomber's belief system? Nope. Many people who have believed in and follow God have been martyred for their belief...yet the people who killed them cannot prove God doesn't exist...they simply believe He doesn't exist. So again, like people, science neither proves nor disproves the existence of God. It simply chooses a side and then does its best to prove the opposite side is wrong...

joe...the first part of your post reminds me of the woody allen quote that went something like: I can't prove there isn't a God, you'll just have to take it on faith. :blink:

:peace:

Tiff

Daniel 1:4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Scientific Facts in the Bible

1. Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the "things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

2. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says that a baby must be circumcised on the eighth day.

3. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "He...hangs the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7).

4. The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptic maintain, but to a sphere. Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world (see Proverbs 3:6 footnote).

5. God told Job in 1500 B.C.: "Can you send lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, Here we are?" (Job 38:35). The Bible here is making what appears to be a scientifically ludicrous statement—that light can be sent, and then manifest itself in speech. But did you know that radio waves travel at the speed of light? This is why you can have instantaneous wireless communication with someone on the other side of the earth. Science didn’t discover this until 1864 when "British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing" (Modern Century Illustrated Encyclopedia).

6. Job 38:19 asks, "Where is the way where light dwells?" Modern man has only recently discovered that light (electromagnetic radiation) has a "way," traveling at 186,000 miles per second.

7. Science has discovered that stars emit radio waves, which are received on earth as a high pitch. God mentioned this in Job 38:7: "When the morning stars sang together..."

8. "Most cosmologists (scientists who study the structures and evolution of the universe) agree that the Genesis account of creation, in imagining an initial void, may be uncannily close to the truth" (Time, Dec. 1976).

9. Solomon described a "cycle" of air currents two thousand years before scientists "discovered" them. "The wind goes toward the south, and turns about unto the north; it whirls about continually, and the wind returns again according to his circuits" (Ecclesiastes 1:6).

10. Science expresses the universe in five terms: time, space, matter, power, and motion. Genesis 1:1,2 revealed such truths to the Hebrews in 1450 B.C.: "In the beginning [time] God created [power] the heaven [space] and the earth [matter] . . . And the Spirit of God moved [motion] upon the face of the waters." The first thing God tells man is that He controls of all aspects of the universe.

11. The great biological truth concerning the importance of blood in our body’s mechanism has been fully comprehended only in recent years. Up until 120 years ago, sick people were "bled," and many died because of the practice. If you lose your blood, you lose your life. Yet Leviticus 17:11, written 3,000 years ago, declared that blood is the source of life: "For the life of the flesh is in the blood."

12. All things were made by Him (see John 1:3), including dinosaurs. Why then did the dinosaur disappear? The answer may be in Job 40:15–24. In this passage, God speaks about a great creature called "behemoth." Some commentators think this was a hippopotamus. However, the hippo’s tail isn’t like a large tree, but a small twig. Following are the characteristics of this huge animal: It was the largest of all the creatures God made; was plant-eating (herbivorous); had its strength in its hips and a tail like a large tree. It had very strong bones, lived among the trees, drank massive amounts of water, and was not disturbed by a raging river. He appears impervious to attack because his nose could pierce through snares, but Scripture says, "He that made him can make his sword to approach unto him." In other words, God caused this, the largest of all the creatures He had made, to become extinct.

13. Encyclopedia Britannica documents that in 1845, a young doctor in Vienna named Dr. Ignaz Semmelweis was horrified at the terrible death rate of women who gave birth in hospitals. As many as 30 percent died after giving birth. Semmelweis noted that doctors would examine the bodies of patients who died, then, without washing their hands, go straight to the next ward and examine expectant mothers. This was their normal practice, because the presence of microscopic diseases was unknown. Semmelweis insisted that doctors wash their hands before examinations, and the death rate immediately dropped to 2 percent. Look at the specific instructions God gave His people for when they encounter disease: "And when he that has an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself even days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean" (Leviticus 15:13). Until recent years, doctors washed their hands in a bowl of water, leaving invisible germs on their hands. However, the Bible says specifically to wash hands under "running water."

14. Luke 17:34–36 says the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will occur while some are asleep at night and others are working at daytime activities in the field. This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night at the same time.

15. "During the devastating Black Death of the fourteenth century, patients who were sick or dead were kept in the same rooms as the rest of the family. People often wondered why the disease was affecting so many people at one time. They attributed these epidemics to ‘bad air’ or ‘evil spirits.’ However, careful attention to the medical commands of God as revealed in Leviticus would have saved untold millions of lives. Arturo Castiglione wrote about the overwhelming importance of this biblical medical law: ‘The laws against leprosyin Leviticus 13 may be regarded as the first model of sanitary legislation’ (A History of Medicine)." Grant R. Jeffery, The Signature of God With all these truths revealed in Scripture,how could a thinking person deny that the Bible is supernatural in origin? There is no other book in any of the world’s religions (Vedas, Bhagavad-Gita, Koran, Book of Mormon, etc.) that contains scientific truth. In fact, they contain statements that are clearly unscientific. Hank Hanegraaff said, "Faith in Christ is not some blind leap into a dark chasm, but a faith based on established evidence.

• Upvote 2

God told Job in 1500 B.C.: "Can you send lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, Here we are?" (Job 38:35).

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. Thanks for sharing, although your 15 points don't "prove" God exists---I still believe it is a matter of personal choice. That is what "faith" is all about (in my opinion).

KliKloKoo, You are absolutely correct, it is a personal choice of faith to believe that Jesus Christ shed his blood, died on the cross for my sin and rose again on the third day. I pray that if you have not done so, that you make it your personal choice too.

joe...the first part of your post reminds me of the woody allen quote that went something like: I can't prove there isn't a God, you'll just have to take it on faith. :blink:

:peace:

Tiff

lol,I just like to here opinions on science, God. I like to hear opinions on religion/denominations, all claim they are the true church and others are false. I mean it's not just Christians vs Muslims, its Muslims vs Muslims, Christians vs Christians so on and so forth. I find it amazing. I comment here and there, i've studied/study religion for 22 years and secret societies for 25 ever since i read 1984 in school.

The Lost[/

What are the characteristics of a lost person? Think about the lost child wandering helplessly in the woods, the life-rafted survivors of a plane lost at sea, or the elderly Alzheimer’s patient who has walked away from his home on a cold, dark night. Lost people are cut off from help and resources. They don’t know how to find shelter, protection, and provisions. Lost, disoriented people need help.

Most people are lost. Most don’t know where they are, who they are, or why they are wandering aimlessly through life. Most people don’t know that they have come from the God of Adam, Abraham, and David. Most don’t know how to find this God. Most don’t know that there is a real heaven where relatively few people are going, and a real hell where the majority will lose everything they ever dreamed of having. Most people don’t know where to turn for real help.

Most will die like the rich man Jesus described in Luke 16. There, with a pathetic picture of regret, Jesus described a conversation between the deceased rich man and his ancestor Abraham. The two were pictured as being separated from each other by a great gulf. Jesus related the conversation that occurred as the rich man cried out: “Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus (a deceased beggar who ended up in paradise with Abraham) that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.” But Abraham said, “Son, remember that in your lifetime you received you good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.” Then he said “I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.” Abraham said to him, “They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.” And he said, “No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent. “But he said to him, “If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.” (Luke 16:24-31)

Notice how many profoundly disturbing insights this passage gives concerning the lost. It shows us how pathetic their condition really is. Christ helps us see through the highly temporary appearances of material well-being. He gives us a glimpse into the irreversible and miserable condition of the lost that shows why they need help and warning before it is too late. He shows us that….

• The lost may not look like they are lost (Luke 16:19)

• The lost may not feel they are lost (Luke 16:19)

• The lost may look enviable (Luke 16:19-21)

• The lost will end up in torment (Luke 16:23-24)

• The lost will plead for mercy (Luke 16:24)

• The lost will find no relief (Luke 16:25-26)

• The lost will not be able to warn others (Luke 16:27-31)

Prior to the coming of Christ, lost people had the message of Moses and the prophets. Since the coming of the Son of God, Lost people have needed to hear that He died for their sins, that He was buried, and that He rose from the dead to give all who would believe in Him the gift of heaven and escape from the fires of hell.

• Upvote 2

Faith

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Hebrews 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Hebrews 11:12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Hebrews 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

Hebrews 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Hebrews 11:18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

Hebrews 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Hebrews 11:20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

Hebrews 11:21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

Hebrews 11:22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

Hebrews 11:23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

Hebrews 11:24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

Hebrews 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

Hebrews 11:26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

Hebrews 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Hebrews 11:28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

Hebrews 11:29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

Hebrews 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

Hebrews 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

Hebrews 11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

Hebrews 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Hebrews 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

Hebrews 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

Hebrews 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

Hebrews 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Hebrews 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

Hebrews 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Gods word- Amen

• Upvote 1

No shark here (although my avatar may make one think differently). I absolutely, 100% believe in God, so that is not an issue with me. My issue(s) come when trying to understand the Bible. For instance, when I read John 3:16, the first thing that I think about is "why did God also give us Lucifer?" I just don't get it...He claims to love us so much He killed His own Son for us, yet in the same book I read:

1. He created Satan

2. He allowed Satan to sin

3. He booted Satan out of heaven and gave him dominion over the earth

4. He was not around when Satan tempted Adam and Eve

5. He now condemns His very creation to an eternal punishment (yet He loves us?)

My point in all of this goes back to the verse you posted---if He loves us so much, why in the world do we suffer so much when all He has to do is say "Enough!"

My understanding is that, You will not suffer if you live in the word. I believe that and try to practice that as much as I can. It is very hard to keep yje word in front of you all day, every day. Ihope this helps. God Bless.

• Upvote 1

My understanding is that, You will not suffer if you live in the word. I believe that and try to practice that as much as I can. It is very hard to keep yje word in front of you all day, every day. Ihope this helps. God Bless.

my question is.........whose word? In my somewhat limited experience, 5 people can read the same passage and each can take it to mean something completely different. (Kinda like Iraq articles) How does one know if their interpretation is correct?

Edited by dhardage
  • Upvote 1