Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

After attacks in Iraq, UN envoy calls for root causes of violence to be addressed

After attacks in Iraq, UN envoy calls for root causes of violence to be addressed

Special Representative Martin Kobler. UN Photo/Rick Bajornas

13 June 2012 – In the wake of deadly attacks across Iraq, the United Nations top envoy there expressed his shock today and called for the country’s Government to address the root causes behind the violence.

“I am deeply shocked and utterly dismayed by the despicable attacks across Iraq today that have claimed the lives of scores of Iraqis, including many pilgrims, and have injured dozens more,” the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and head of the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI), Martin Kobler, said in a news release.

“The scale of the violence is disturbing – I urgently appeal to the government to address the root causes of the violence and terrorism that are causing so much suffering and pain to the Iraqi people,” he added.

According to media reports, a wave of bombings across Iraq today killed dozens and wounded hundreds; with many of those killed in the capital, Baghdad, having gathered for a Shia religious festival.

Mr. Kobler extended his condolences to the families of those who were killed and his wishes for the speedy recovery of those who were hurt.

Separately, the Special Representative travelled to Erbil and Sulaymaniyah in Iraq’s Kurdistan Region on Tuesday, and discussed the current political situation in Iraq with President Jalal Talabani and the President of the Kurdistan Region, Masoud Barzani.

In his meetings, Mr. Kobler encouraged all parties in Iraq to engage in inclusive dialogue and to resolve their differences in accordance with the constitution.

“He stressed to his interlocutors that UNAMI stands ready to assist and facilitate. In addition, he expressed his concern that the current political stalemate is diverting attention from pressing economic, social and security issues,” UNAMI said in a news release.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=42212&Cr=Iraq&Cr1=

• Upvote 1

Thanks Socal...I think this is all lip service! Nothing more! The UN, IMF and WB all work for the Banksters. Their mission is not to help humanity, but to serve the agenda of the elite. The Banksters and elite would have war...because it makes them money in destabilizing governments. It's a reason to point a finger of culpability at "insurgents" or "terrorists" to bring fear that they can use to their advantage. When they themselves create the circumstances.

Next Hilarious and others will come on the tube and tell people that they condem the bad behaviour in the strongest terms, and that we should do something to help the poor people....

Sure...let's get involved in yet another war! Don't fall for these tricks people! Say NO to US intervention in the foreign affairs of other nations! History is full of examples of this type of manipulation...we are not fighting for our freedoms like they would have you believe...we are fighting for the freedom of the elite to exploit people from around the world so that they can profit!

Carlos

• Upvote 1

Thanks Socal...I think this is all lip service! Nothing more! The UN, IMF and WB all work for the Banksters. Their mission is not to help humanity, but to serve the agenda of the elite. The Banksters and elite would have war...because it makes them money in destabilizing governments. It's a reason to point a finger of culpability at "insurgents" or "terrorists" to bring fear that they can use to their advantage. When they themselves create the circumstances.

Next Hilarious and others will come on the tube and tell people that they condem the bad behaviour in the strongest terms, and that we should do something to help the poor people....

Sure...let's get involved in yet another war! Don't fall for these tricks people! Say NO to US intervention in the foreign affairs of other nations! History is full of examples of this type of manipulation...we are not fighting for our freedoms like they would have you believe...we are fighting for the freedom of the elite to exploit people from around the world so that they can profit!

Carlos

Carlos, you tell it as it is.

Carlos

I agree Carlos.

but at the same time know that there are many that would love to harm us here in the States.

Osama's Fatwah is still in effect.

We must protect our borders. Heck we have pangas landing in PV and Malibu.

Virtual walls are useless. Real walls work but by the time you pay everyone Davis /Bacon wages the cost is prohibitive.

The real problem is that big business love the cheap labor along with some of my scumbag competition.

Revolving door imigration policy doesnt work.

When Reagen signed the amnesty policy in 1986 he said it was useless if we don't protect our Borders.

He was right.

• Upvote 1

Carlos

There's more! Then they expect us to pay for their wars! Those who made all the money, halliburton, KBR, GE, Blackwater, ect. ect. walked away with windfall profits, while "our" government heaps the huge sums on "our" national debt.

We still have unfunded wars that TPTB expect us to pay for! And, like idiots we pay for them in our taxes, and now the Pentagon has drawn up plans for intervention in Syria?

STOP THE MADNESS! carlos

• Upvote 1

I agree Carlos.

but at the same time know that there are many that would love to harm us here in the States.

Osama's Fatwah is still in effect.

We must protect our borders. Heck we have pangas landing in PV and Malibu.

Virtual walls are useless. Real walls work but by the time you pay everyone Davis /Bacon wages the cost is prohibitive.

The real problem is that big business love the cheap labor along with some of my scumbag competition.

Revolving door imigration policy doesnt work.

When Reagen signed the amnesty policy in 1986 he said it was useless if we don't protect our Borders.

He was right.

Sorry Socal...I feel perfectly safe. There is no one going to harm you. Don't listen to the scare tactic....it's B/S! Osama, well, I was going to say he's dead and you don't have anything to worry about, but that would be repeating what the media says, and whith their track record, I would rather not use the info.

There's pangas landing all up and down the coast and have been for years, this is nothing new. I've been aware of it for decades now. I think it's curious that only now is it coming to light, of course, I'm suspicious of anyone in "authority" The panga phenonenon do not represent a threat to Americans. They are just smugglers, Smuggling goes both ways across the border, by the way! In fact there's probably more going south than coming north?

Carlos

fact is man...the US could not survive without mexican labor. The government looks the other way and allows it because they know this is true. They also know that those that come here to work are generally respectfull of the nations laws. Many are very humble and earnest people just looking for some kind of work, because with the governments power, they could round up every Latino alien in the country in pretty short order, if they had a mind to do it....but, they don't?

Sorry Socal...I feel perfectly safe. There is no one going to harm you. Don't listen to the scare tactic....it's B/S! Osama, well, I was going to say he's dead and you don't have anything to worry about, but that would be repeating what the media says, and whith their track record, I would rather not use the info.

There's pangas landing all up and down the coast and have been for years, this is nothing new. I've been aware of it for decades now. I think it's curious that only now is it coming to light, of course, I'm suspicious of anyone in "authority" The panga phenonenon do not represent a threat to Americans. They are just smugglers, Smuggling goes both ways across the border, by the way! In fact there's probably more going south than coming north?

Carlos

fact is man...the US could not survive without mexican labor. The government looks the other way and allows it because they know this is true. They also know that those that come here to work are generally respectfull of the nations laws. Many are very humble and earnest people just looking for some kind of work, because with the governments power, they could round up every Latino alien in the country in pretty short order, if they had a mind to do it....but, they don't?

Carlos,

Dont get me wrong man.

My wife's family is from Juarez, My kids are 1/2 Mexican I guess you can say.

Her parents are citizens and know more about US history than most people i know.

They fly an AMERICAN FLAG in front of their humble home.

I am not talking racism here at all.

How can a nation be soveriegn if it has no borders.

Is this not what we want for Iraq?

IAnd don't get me wrong about my feelings and distrust for our current government.

Trust MUST be earned.

I believe with all my heart in our constitution. I have a copy with me at most times.

The founders of this country had it right and better yet it can be changed if the people stand up for their rights.

I believe in Capitolism ( God rest her sole I miss her )

But the people we elect are just Men and women who can be corrupted.

Another thing if Mexico can't control its borders thats not our problem.

I know if the silent majority stood up we could surely stop any illegal crossings.

BTW What happens to a person from say Guatemala gets caught crossing Mexicos southern border.

Its not a good thing is it? Wanna talk human rights violations.

As far as the Pangas go I use them frequently when fishing in Mexico

Those guys have big huevos to ride one to Malibu

Could we survive without Mexican Labor. Of course we can.

The real problem is we have enslaved our poor through subsidies and welfare programs.

Those people dont stand a chance. They are destined to be poor and thats what our politicians want.

CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL.

I dont think we are that different in our opinion of our leaders.

Lastly. i live day to day and worry not about terrorism If I do they win,

But I am not naive to think that there are those that want us dead including our children!

I hope we don't see it but our soil is an easy target.

Peace brother!

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1