Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Breaking News…Earthquake shakes northwestern Mosul

Breaking News…Earthquake shakes northwestern Mosul

Thursday, 14 June 2012 15:30 | | |

Nineveh (AIN) –An Earthquake hit areas of northwestern Mosul on Thursday morning without resulting in material damages or casualties.

A seismologist from Mosul Seismology Department, who declined to be named, stated to AIN that "the earthquake hit northwest of Mosul with a degree of 4.8," noting that "It lasted for three seconds."

The source added "The quake shake the areas within the city of Mosul and outside it in Zamar and Rabia district of northwestern Mosul."

The Nineveh province witnessed on 21st of Last May an earthquake which shake the city of Mosul and lasted approximately 3 seconds without casualties or material damages. /End/

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12253:breaking-newsearthquake-shakes-northwestern-mosul&catid=39:genral-news&Itemid=48

Any Major Natural disaster would not be good for us. Thankful this was a moderate quake only.

The size of earthquake wouldn't slop water out of a full bucket. Big deal. They don't have anything better to talk about? The bombings in the past few days, unfortunately, have caused the earth to shake more than this mini-earthquake.

SoCal, thanks for the article. As Californians, we know about such stuff.

Edited by KamelKeeper

Yeah KK this was a small quake. No big deal for us here in CA

I rode out Sylmar, Northridge and Whittier quakes with no damage.

Funny how we see these as no big deal.

I'll take a good shaking every ten years rather than tornadoes and Hurricanes every year

have a great day

Yeah KK this was a small quake. No big deal for us here in CA

I rode out Sylmar, Northridge and Whittier quakes with no damage.

Funny how we see these as no big deal.

I'll take a good shaking every ten years rather than tornadoes and Hurricanes every year

have a great day

If you rode out Sylmar and Northridge you must not live near either one of them. In Northridge area, even Santa Monica took a big hit and that is over the hill. I wish I could say my friends and neighbors and relatives did not take a big hit in those two.

If you rode out Sylmar and Northridge you must not live near either one of them. In Northridge area, even Santa Monica took a big hit and that is over the hill. I wish I could say my friends and neighbors and relatives did not take a big hit in those two.

OMG, Sylmar and Whittier were the ones that I freaked on. Sylmar took out county hospital and Whittier took out most of the brick buildings down town, not to mention the big crack it put in my concrete rv slab. It started like a big bomb or the sound barrier breaking. Glad to be away from the quakes. Don't miss them a bit. I was in Elmonte when a 4.8 hit and it was brief but did kick a lot of goods off the shelves. When they say 2 or 3 no problem, but hitting 4 and above depending how hard and fast can be damaging. Northridge, I move right in time. Friends told me it saved my life since there were 2 within an hour. Rather 1 and a huge after shock. I feel for anyone who has to go threw them.

Edited by uncirculd

[/quo

I lived 5 miles from sylmar and it was strong as i remember ( I was only 8 ) But our single story house had no damage.

I was 20 miles out from Northridge ( near Santa Monica ) and it shook like hell but neither shook like Japan last year or Alaska 1964

where they lasted for 4-5 minutes. No damage again at my house or most near me. 10 fwy had an overpass fall in West LA

I guess what im saying as neither of these quakes were the big one by any means.

I was in Northridge through many of the aftershocks the next few days many at 5.0 or better. We were inside buildings inspecting damage.

( Northridge Mall ) . A bit scary but we actually got used to them.

Sorry about your friends and family.