Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anyone Wish They Could Get Back The Countless Hours of Wasted Time They Have Spent On Dinar Sites?

I have been in this investment since 08 and joined this site in 09 so I feel I have a good grasp on the whole dinar phenom. I have taken extended breaks from anything dinar because I had felt I became a dinaraholic. The funny part is after months of stepping away I would come back and find I could quickly see little to no progress with the dinar revaluation. Iraq itself may have progressed leaps and bounds but most of my interest is in the monetary benefit department. I used to really enjoy the entertainment of the usual suspect pumpers but they have become stale and our starting to stink! I only wish I wouldn't have invested countless hours of wasted time thinking the elusive RV was right around the corner. My wife jokingly used to say "hey it's Monday are we Millionaires yet?" I guess it is human nature to dream and wish of having a carefree lifestyle debt free with the money to do whatever our little heart desired. I get the whole aura of how this investment sucks people in because for average people they see this as a possible opportunity to exit the "rat race". My only advice is for the newer Dinar investors is pay extra attention to how the hype gets generated. With progression moving forward in Iraq, sites will start a false hype about how we are right on the cusp of the RV and buy!buy!buy! before its too late. Just think of this, Iraq is signing contracts on a daily basis in the following areas: Oil, Housing, Utilities, Agriculture and Defense. Iraq is obviously spending real money on all of this and life goes on WITHOUT them revaluating the dinar. Regardless of what you are told by so called experts, Iraq doesn't have to ever RV the dinar. Take a break, step back and enjoy summer! Speaking from experience you don't need to join a pay site, join a VIP group or listen to self proclaimed gurus because when its all said and done they have no more knowledge then anyone else.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

just like a soap opera. go away for a few months, come back, and you barely missed anything.

i don't understand how people spend so much time on these sites. i do it while i am at work cause i have the time to bounce here and there. when i am not at work, i am not on a dinar site at all. if it is ever gonna happen, it will happen with or without me watching. and, truly, don't care about iraq very much, unless they make me some money.

• Upvote 4

It's all a matter of individual and personal values. If you learn to appreciate more, and gain even the smallest degree of value in ALL you do, instead of resenting or regretting... you will find that you've never wasted a minute of your time. Everything we do is simply a tradeoff in value for something else... everything. Find the value... and reap the reward... whether it's a second gained, or a day, in time... a penny gained, or a dollar, in finances.... the list goes on. :) Just some thoughts...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

It's all a matter of individual and personal values. If you learn to appreciate more, and gain even the smallest degree of value in ALL you do, instead of resenting or regretting... you will find that you've never wasted a minute of your time. Everything we do is simply a tradeoff in value for something else... everything. Find the value... and reap the reward... whether it's a second gained, or a day, in time... a penny gained, or a dollar, in finances.... the list goes on. :) Just some thoughts...

Touche' Jax.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Time you enjoy wasting is not really wasted is it?

Great post Jax

• Upvote 2

just like a soap opera. go away for a few months, come back, and you barely missed anything.

i don't understand how people spend so much time on these sites. i do it while i am at work cause i have the time to bounce here and there. when i am not at work, i am not on a dinar site at all. if it is ever gonna happen, it will happen with or without me watching. and, truly, don't care about iraq very much, unless they make me some money.

Ditto that

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I personally don't think I have wasted my time in learning :). I started with wanting to know if what is said about dinar is true or a scam :). A long the way, I learn a lot about other investments, meet a lot of good people, some of them becoming good friends :), enjoy the entertainments of funny postings, rumors, the debates and ahhhh, the rate and date lol and the music and the encouragements amongst the members. Even though, I could say it can be addicting but I manage to enjoy my life outside of DV :). I guess when we know how to balance and stay grounded, it's all good :)

• Upvote 3

Time you enjoy wasting is not really wasted is it?

Great post Jax

Thanks bama... always enjoy your input and diplomacy! :) Jax

I personally don't think I have wasted my time in learning :). I started with wanting to know if what is said about dinar is true or a scam :). A long the way, I learn a lot about other investments, meet a lot of good people, some of them becoming good friends :), enjoy the entertainments of funny postings, rumors, the debates and ahhhh, the rate and date lol and the music and the encouragements amongst the members. Even though, I could say it can be addicting but I manage to enjoy my life outside of DV :). I guess when we know how to balance and stay grounded, it's all good :)

Bingo! :)

• Upvote 2

This I can agree with.

• Upvote 1

Not really, I've learned alot about Economics and currency restructuring from all the info/opinions on this site. Even the negative aspect of this investment has been interesting. Plus, the news section is kind of like a Howard Stern show... you never know what is going to happening next. Only frustrating thing is the dinar pumping Guru's... but even they are funny sometimes.

Well, my "wasted hours" seem to fall ... so far ... into three categories.

First, I got involved with the rose coloured outlook that very soon I would be wealthy and able to do what I want, as I want, and when I want. Oh boy ... this being rich is great. Yes, yes, I know it may not be all it is cracked up to be because with it comes a few hassles. But I can pay someone to handle the hassles, right? Right!

Then I started reading more of the "news" of what is happening in Iraq and the Middle East. I got interested in what the Iraqi people were going through and what the Iraqi government was "doing" if anything at all. Too soon, though, it seemed to be the same old same old every time I clicked on some news story. Beyond the fact that the translations gave me headaches trying to retranslate in my head, I really didn't like the thought that a whole society was living in a war zone, never knowing when something would blow up, literally sometimes right in your face. So, for the most part, I stopped reading the news.

The third phase, which I am in now, is coming to the forum to read the off topic threads more and the news threads less. I have become more involved in the lives, on line and for real, of people here who have their own phases to go through.

Now, I don't want to put down the news items. They are good and brought to us with diligence by members who take the time, make an effort, and give us the best that can be found on the internet about Iraq, her government, her finances, her people, her world connections. Those people are grrrrrreat! Like the Esso Tiger of fifty years ago. Yup, and if that gives you an idea of my age, you are giving your own away too ... hahahahaha

But focusing more on the people of the forum, I have managed in a few cases to get beyond what we see from their posts and comments, and have come to know, in those few cases, some very interesting people. I have made some friends I expect to keep on some level for the rest of my life. At my age it is much easier to say "the rest of my life" knowing it won't be over long.

So many of you, members of this forum, have become welcome guests in my home, right here on my computer screen. I look forward to reading what you have written, and hearing your opinions. I enjoy the back-and-forth I sometimes see (when it is not vituperative). And I am glad of the hours I have spent not only here, getting to know some of you better, but following up on my own email to your email. It may be "just" an online connection, but it is a better connection than I have with some people I see face to face. So it isn't "just" a way to waste time. It is a way to bring something worthwhile to my life.

And for that. I thank you all.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 8

Nope. Honestly, for the most part i have learned alot about how the whole world works before i actually gotten into this investment. It really opened my eyes to how tough the people really have it in the ME and how they deal with so much corruption day in and day out. Very strong people. I am very thankful i live in the USA and was born here even though i dont live in the best neighborhood i am thankful. I truly believe all this will turn out great for us in the end. We were all led to this investment somehow that cannot be explained. So we wait and research, A new banking system is ready to be implemented that has never been seen before so we sit here and hope for the best and keep researching. Lots of kind hearted people on this site also and i believe there are much more that just dont choose to post. When this does occur we must remember to help others out as well.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 4

Nope. Honestly, for the most part i have learned alot about how the whole world works before i actually gotten into this investment. It really opened my eyes to how tough the people really have it in the ME and how they deal with so much corruption day in and day out. Very strong people. I am very thankful i live in the USA and was born here even though i dont live in the best neighborhood i am thankful. I truly believe all this will turn out great for us in the end. We were all led to this investment somehow that cannot be explained. So we wait and research, A new banking system is ready to be implemented that has never been seen before so we sit here and hope for the best and keep researching. Lots of kind hearted people on this site also and i believe there are much more that just dont choose to post. When this does occur we must remember to help others out as well.

I have been in this investment since 08 and joined this site in 09 so I feel I have a good grasp on the whole dinar phenom. I have taken extended breaks from anything dinar because I had felt I became a dinaraholic. The funny part is after months of stepping away I would come back and find I could quickly see little to no progress with the dinar revaluation. Iraq itself may have progressed leaps and bounds but most of my interest is in the monetary benefit department. I used to really enjoy the entertainment of the usual suspect pumpers but they have become stale and our starting to stink! I only wish I wouldn't have invested countless hours of wasted time thinking the elusive RV was right around the corner. My wife jokingly used to say "hey it's Monday are we Millionaires yet?" I guess it is human nature to dream and wish of having a carefree lifestyle debt free with the money to do whatever our little heart desired. I get the whole aura of how this investment sucks people in because for average people they see this as a possible opportunity to exit the "rat race". My only advice is for the newer Dinar investors is pay extra attention to how the hype gets generated. With progression moving forward in Iraq, sites will start a false hype about how we are right on the cusp of the RV and buy!buy!buy! before its too late. Just think of this, Iraq is signing contracts on a daily basis in the following areas: Oil, Housing, Utilities, Agriculture and Defense. Iraq is obviously spending real money on all of this and life goes on WITHOUT them revaluating the dinar. Regardless of what you are told by so called experts, Iraq doesn't have to ever RV the dinar. Take a break, step back and enjoy summer! Speaking from experience you don't need to join a pay site, join a VIP group or listen to self proclaimed gurus because when its all said and done they have no more knowledge then anyone else.

This is very well written, a lot of good points , and I share in the sentiment. The whole situation does seems to cycle around and apparently Iraq is doing just fine paying bills and conducting business without a Rv. The person who introduced me to the investment had the 'imminent Rv' aspirations, however, through past experience I knew better and this would probably be long term. Anyone with logical reasoning knows getting cash usually comes through hard work or a long and patient wait rather than a lucky lotto ticket (but it is fun to buy one and dream, ya? :lol: ). The dinar, though we hope for the best, carries with it the real possibility that it could take years, be 'soon', or not happen at all for various reasons. It's good advice for people to not bank on it, 'enjoy summer' and do the best they can with what they have for a good life. Peace!

:lol:

Opps my post did not show up? Like Easy said lots of good people here and Vegas will be fun if this ever pans out! Randle ! well you are funny with the cool-aid ! You let people down in your country with the knowlage you express but never make it past pumper stage. I believed in you for a short time? Now funny, an old post comes up (more than one from you ) and the truth comes out. I like most spend hours a week on this site and others with hope. I went to a phychic many years ago and was told big money... something to do with oil? And the had a friend of a friend come by a couple years ago. They thought I had my **** together and asked if I owned Dinar? Nope whats that? So i bought my first $1,000,000 . Then I found my self a dinaraholic. I have houses (2) and toys and a bussiness, but this looked so easy okie told us. He He dumb Canadian...lol So I bought a bunch more and my time here increased. Than a small lotto bought more... and then the conspiricy theories..... It has to work George bush and Hillarious said so! Well I do have a plan now if it does work so we will see.... Cheers and happy RV

• Upvote 2

Hindsight is 20/20 or so they say. I got into this investment at the tender age of 16, 8 years ago. We were living on a military base in Turkey and my father’s best mate, an army spook said this was “the golden ticket”. I basically put all my summer wages into buying Iraq dinar that was sold on the base. All the while, visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. Nothing came of it, of course, and having long ago put them in my safety deposit box, I eventually forgot about them.

Then a couple years ago, the same guy contacted us and said it was just about ready to “pop”. So once again I diverted my summer savings that year into buying more. That is also when he turned me onto this site.

I graduated last year from my graduate classes with a pretty significant outstanding school loan and many times I’ve contemplating selling off my dinars and paying it down. But the thought of it just happening after I did it, has held me back. But…I have decided that I will give it a set amount of time to pop and then I’ll sell.

As far as it being wasted time: Well, I too have found some pretty neat people on this form. They come from vastly different lifestyles than I, and I’m pretty sure I won’t have been exposed to their like had I not joined this merry band. So all in all, it’s been a wild ride that I wouldn’t have missed.

• Upvote 2

Noway...... I dont regret a minute and really dont think I have wasted my time on the sites. I usually come here after work, sitting at home and chilling out after a day of work. I guess I could be shopping on eBay lol. Either way this is relaxing to me and I have gotten a lot of knowledge of what is going on in Iraq, not just with the dinar but with the people. I have meet many good people here and look forward to see what is going on in there world.

Frankly, I think I will miss coming to the site after the RV and everyone goes there own direction. Sometimes freinds are worth more than money! B) But a lot of RICH freinds would be GREAT too!:twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

Have all your years of being on a dinar site worthless ....I would agree if this was just a dinar site ....and if your from on of the other dinar sites you would probably be correct

But Dinar Vets ....IS NOT JUST A DINAR SITE

you can learn Banking from professionals

You can learn Astro physics,non molecular astro physics ...from some people who do not like to say what there degree is in ohmy.gif

You can learn biblical Historical facts ,and Mythical historical facts ....from some very schooled individuals biggrin.gif

And Investing ......Hmm investing .....Well there is probable 20,000 investors on this site ......and at least 5 are degreed as such laugh.gif

And more than any thing else ....you learn too get along with complete strangers ....Who may OR may not agree with the way you think .....but if you only surround your self with people who agree with your thought .....you will become much less of a person in the end .....controversy is Knowledge in disguise th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

So any one who thinks that all this is meaningless are the ones that need these things the most

I for one have learned things ........in the past years...... I would have never Known........... that I did not know them......... with out this site

So thanks Dinarvets ......I for one find it time well spent

O and they use too give stuff away .....like cool shirts .......I want a DINAR THUG SHIRT scute_100-115.gif

• Upvote 6

Have all your years of being on a dinar site worthless ....I would agree if this was just a dinar site ....and if your from on of the other dinar sites you would probably be correct

But Dinar Vets ....IS NOT JUST A DINAR SITE

you can learn Banking from professionals

You can learn Astro physics,non molecular astro physics ...from some people who do not like to say what there degree is in ohmy.gif

You can learn biblical Historical facts ,and Mythical historical facts ....from some very schooled individuals biggrin.gif

And Investing ......Hmm investing .....Well there is probable 20,000 investors on this site ......and at least 5 are degreed as such laugh.gif

And more than any thing else ....you learn too get along with complete strangers ....Who may OR may not agree with the way you think .....but if you only surround your self with people who agree with your thought .....you will become much less of a person in the end .....controversy is Knowledge in disguise th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

So any one who thinks that all this is meaningless are the ones that need these things the most

I for one have learned things ........in the past years...... I would have never Known........... that I did not know them......... with out this site

So thanks Dinarvets ......I for one find it time well spent

O and they use too give stuff away .....like cool shirts .......I want a DINAR THUG SHIRT scute_100-115.gif

Wow finally, a post from randalln I completely undestand, thank you.

Hindsight is 20/20 or so they say. I got into this investment at the tender age of 16, 8 years ago. We were living on a military base in Turkey and my father’s best mate, an army spook said this was “the golden ticket”. I basically put all my summer wages into buying Iraq dinar that was sold on the base. All the while, visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. Nothing came of it, of course, and having long ago put them in my safety deposit box, I eventually forgot about them.

Then a couple years ago, the same guy contacted us and said it was just about ready to “pop”. So once again I diverted my summer savings that year into buying more. That is also when he turned me onto this site.

I graduated last year from my graduate classes with a pretty significant outstanding school loan and many times I’ve contemplating selling off my dinars and paying it down. But the thought of it just happening after I did it, has held me back. But…I have decided that I will give it a set amount of time to pop and then I’ll sell.

As far as it being wasted time: Well, I too have found some pretty neat people on this form. They come from vastly different lifestyles than I, and I’m pretty sure I won’t have been exposed to their like had I not joined this merry band. So all in all, it’s been a wild ride that I wouldn’t have missed.

Agree with you :). It has been a good ride :)

Hey if nothing else Dinarvets is great therapy for us , I mean we can spout off and at the end of the day all is forgiven. I have personally learned more about the actual investing in my future than anywhere else . We are a motley crew of speculators, traders( not so much on this venture)but we are all investors ie.... Long term monetary gainers we hope. My motto was and still is I did not want to be the guy that at the end of this said gee wiz toto I wish that I would have gotten in on that one, instead no matter what the outcome I can say I gave it a shot. You guys have taught me so much about the investment world that it gave me the guts to go out and take some of my hard earned scratch and invest in other places(precious metals and such)open an brokerage account and now that's all I do since having my position eliminated at work. It's ok that happened one door closes and another opens right?.so from the bottom of my heart thank you to all for the encouragement and insight into the history of money. Better than any class in school, real world stuff. You all realize even if you cash out at .10 cents you will be hard pressed to find a better return on your investment in this lifetime or the next.

Adam thank you

Peace to all

• Upvote 1