Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FINANCIAL SUMMIT

SWFloridaGuy

SWFloridaGuy, the month of June has come and almost gone.

1. There was no UNSC meeting like you said. There was only a report due. PDF Page 6. Iraq - Development Fund for Iraq

2. Did the Tariffs go into effect? They might have, but I didn't feel the earth move.

3. World Banking and Financial Summit in London on June 26th and 27th. Shabibi did not speak. He was not on the speakers list. PDF Look at page six which is the speakers list.

Like I said, it wasn't that big of a meeting. You placed a lot of emphasis on this one. All the forum readers gave you pluses and negged me big time. Sorry people.

So, when is the National Meeting?

Tune in tomorrow, Same Bat time, same Bat channel

1. There was no UNSC meeting like you said. There was only a report due. PDF Page 6. Iraq - Development Fund for Iraq

2. Did the Tariffs go into effect? They might have, but I didn't feel the earth move.

3. World Banking and Financial Summit in London on June 26th and 27th. Shabibi did not speak. He was not on the speakers list. PDF Look at page six which is the speakers list.

Like I said, it wasn't that big of a meeting. You placed a lot of emphasis on this one. All the forum readers gave you pluses and negged me big time. Sorry people.

1. UNSC meeting was held on the 19th.

2. Tariff ~ July 1st.

• Upvote 1

1. UNSC meeting was held on the 19th.

2. Tariff ~ July 1st.

it seems the july 1st tariffs are still on board. Zul, i think he was referring to the national meeting which there is no date when they will have it but i presume it will be "Soon"

• Upvote 1

I Just Ran This Through The CNN Google Translator And All It Said Was - Neener, Neener, Neener ..... :blink:

:D :D

Btw Don't Worry About It SWFG ! ;)

Some Of Us Are Capable Of Understanding That Things Change In Iraq And Don't Hold U Personally Responsible ! :rolleyes:

U Just Keep Bringing' It Bro And We'll Be Happy To Keep Giving U Plusses For All Ur Hard Work + Research ! B)

The Rest Of Us Don't Suffer From Plussey Envy ! :lol:

• Upvote 5

Ok my turn:

#1. The link you provided is older than the one I provided almost a month ago.

#2. The official report and transcript has not been released yet. So, you have no idea who spoke and who didn't and neither do I until it is released. "World Banking & Finance Summit 2012 took place in London on 26-27 June. A summary of discussions will be available shortly." http://www.omfif.org/meetings_and_conferences/world_banking_summit (That is not the full list of speakers, just some confirmed main speakers).

#3. I made it clear time and again it is an important meeting where economic policy for the next 10 years is laid out and that's it. I also admitted I had no clue if the dinar would be discussed or not. How could I? What I said was if Iraq was planning to make any changes anytime in that amount of time they lay out policy for, then it would be a topic of interest.

#4. A day or two before Shabibi was scheduled to be in London he was rumored to be in Switzerland. I am not exactly sure of his travel plans because he must have found my tracking beacon I had stuck to his forehead. You'll have to forgive me, I also am not sure if he had frosted flakes or buttered toast. I slept in that morning.

#4. Do you have any idea what's going on with the tariffs? Does anyone? Why would you expect that I do? We've all known they could be postponed again just like they have many times before. I can only go by what we read in print and like everything else, that is subject to change and out of our control.

#5. They have have been trying to hold a successful National Meeting since January. I said look for a date announced. Did I give a date? I'm still waiting on that myself.

#6. No dates ever seem to pan out but all we have to work with is what's in print. How long have you been in this?

#7. You would be the master of the obvious weren't it for the fact that hindsight is 20/20 with you implying the existence of a rule to which you are the exception

#8. Relax man, we're in this together. I don't pretend to have the answers. I read hundreds of articles a day and do my best to report accurately. What else can I do?

Shabibi at world banking summit Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEMES

The conference will be supported by sponsorship, with an audience of 100-150 expected to attend from Europe, Asia, the Americas, Africa and Oceania. Themes to be discussed at this meeting include:

 Growth models for the future – driving balanced economic development

 Macroeconomic policy challenges - status quo and perspectives for the world economy in mid-2012

 Balancing risk and reward in financial services – sustainable pursuit of profit for a responsible industry

 Highlights of banking and finance regulatory changes connected to profitability and structure amid upsurge in capital reserve requirements

 Implications for world banking given the expanding role of central banks – greater government involvement and less reliance on market mechanisms

 The looming internationalisation of the renminbi and changes in the global reserve currency structure

 Leading the way forward - encouraging lending, improving access to capital flows and restoring consumer and investor confidence

 The financial and banking climate according to creditors and debtors – a future decade perspective and potential opportunities and pitfalls

SPEAKERS

Speakers include international economic decision-makers; economists; academics and other leading monetary figures. By combining analysts and policy-makers from the public and private sectors in a thoughtful and illuminating fashion, the conference aims to add an extra dimension to the understanding of the global economic scene. Confirmed speakers for 2012 include:

 H.E. Dr. Sinan Al Shabibi, Governor, Central Bank of Iraq

 Prof. Josef Bonnici, Governor, Central Bank of Malta

 Prof. Lord Desai, Chairman of the Advisory Board, OMFIF

 Antoine Gosset-Grainville, Director-General, Caisse des Depôts

 Gerry Grimstone, Chairman, Standard Life

 Dr. Jeffrey Jaensubhakij, President (Europe), Government of Singapore Investment Corporation

 Lord Lamont, former UK Chancellor of the Exchequer

 Gerard Lyons, Chief Economist, Standard Chartered Bank

 Peter Norman, Minister for Financial Markets, Government of Sweden

 Saker Nusseibeh, Chief Executive Officer, Hermes Fund Managers

 Howard Shore, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Shore Capital

 Miroslav Singer, Governor, Czech National Bank

 Prof. Niels Thygesen, Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of Copenhagen

 Lord Tugendhat, Select Committee on Economic Affairs, House of Lords, former Vice-President, European Commission

Lets try to be a little more tolerant shall we? "Scan not a friend with a microscopic glass." -- George Harrison. Hope you have a great weekend. :)

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 3

I Just Ran This Through The CNN Google Translator And All It Said Was - Neener, Neener, Neener ..... :blink:

:D :D

Btw Don't Worry About It SWFG ! ;)

Some Of Us Are Capable Of Understanding That Things Change In Iraq And Don't Hold U Personally Responsible ! :rolleyes:

U Just Keep Bringing' It Bro And We'll Be Happy To Keep Giving U Plusses For All Ur Hard Work + Research ! B)

The Rest Of Us Don't Suffer From Plussey Envy ! :lol:

I agree. I appreciate all of the big news and tips that folks like SW Fl guy give.......I really like Bondladys big tips too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ok my turn:

#2. The official report and transcript has not been released yet. So, you have no idea who spoke and who didn't and neither do I until it is released. "World Banking & Finance Summit 2012 took place in London on 26-27 June. A summary of discussions will be available shortly." http://www.omfif.org/meetings_and_conferences/world_banking_summit (That is not the full list of speakers, just some confirmed main speakers).

#3. I made it clear time and again it is an important meeting where economic policy for the next 10 years is laid out and that's it. I also admitted I had no clue if the dinar would be discussed or not. How could I? What I said was if Iraq was planning to make any changes anytime in that amount of time they lay out policy for, then it would be a topic of interest.

#4. A day or two before Shabibi was scheduled to be in London he was rumored to be in Switzerland. I am not exactly sure of his travel plans because he must have found my tracking beacon I had stuck to his forehead. You'll have to forgive me, I also am not sure if he had frosted flakes or buttered toast. I slept in that morning.

#4. Do you have any idea what's going on with the tariffs? Does anyone? Why would you expect that I do? We've all known they could be postponed again just like they have many times before. I can only go by what we read in print and like everything else, that is subject to change and out of our control.

#5. They have have been trying to hold a successful National Meeting since January. I said look for a date announced. Did I give a date? I'm still waiting on that myself.

#6. No dates ever seem to pan out but all we have to work with is what's in print. How long have you been in this?

#7. You would be the master of the obvious weren't it for the fact that hindsight is 20/20 with you implying the existence of a rule to which you are the exception

#8. Relax man, we're in this together. I don't pretend to have the answers. I read hundreds of articles a day and do my best to report accurately. What else can I do?

Shabibi at world banking summit Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03

I like Bondlady too and apparently... I really like the #4 :)

I Might Be A Little Slow (Major Understatement) But It Took Me A Looooooong Minute To Figure Out That Ur #4 Reference Had To Do With Ur Previous Post + The Accidental Double Numbering Of #4 ! Lol ! :lol:

Try Not To Let It Ever Happen Again Or A Month Later Some Lopster Will Call U Out On It !

:D:D:D

I Might Be A Little Slow (Major Understatement) But It Took Me A Looooooong Minute To Figure Out That Ur #4 Reference Had To Do With Ur Previous Post + The Accidental Double Numbering Of #4 ! Lol ! :lol:

Try Not To Let It Ever Happen Again Or A Month Later Some Lopster Will Call U Out On It !

:D:D:D

Haha what a ride man... what a ride. One way or another let's hope it's coming to an end by January at the latest and we end up with a favorable outcome. That way I can justify not having a life for 3 years. :)

• Upvote 1

Ok my turn:

Shabibi at world banking summit Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEMES

The conference will be supported by sponsorship, with an audience of 100-150 expected to attend from Europe, Asia, the Americas, Africa and Oceania. Themes to be discussed at this meeting include:

 Growth models for the future – driving balanced economic development

 Macroeconomic policy challenges - status quo and perspectives for the world economy in mid-2012

 Balancing risk and reward in financial services – sustainable pursuit of profit for a responsible industry

 Highlights of banking and finance regulatory changes connected to profitability and structure amid upsurge in capital reserve requirements

 Implications for world banking given the expanding role of central banks – greater government involvement and less reliance on market mechanisms

 The looming internationalisation of the renminbi and changes in the global reserve currency structure

 Leading the way forward - encouraging lending, improving access to capital flows and restoring consumer and investor confidence

 The financial and banking climate according to creditors and debtors – a future decade perspective and potential opportunities and pitfalls

SPEAKERS

Speakers include international economic decision-makers; economists; academics and other leading monetary figures. By combining analysts and policy-makers from the public and private sectors in a thoughtful and illuminating fashion, the conference aims to add an extra dimension to the understanding of the global economic scene. Confirmed speakers for 2012 include:

 H.E. Dr. Sinan Al Shabibi, Governor, Central Bank of Iraq

 Prof. Josef Bonnici, Governor, Central Bank of Malta

 Prof. Lord Desai, Chairman of the Advisory Board, OMFIF

 Antoine Gosset-Grainville, Director-General, Caisse des Depôts

 Gerry Grimstone, Chairman, Standard Life

 Dr. Jeffrey Jaensubhakij, President (Europe), Government of Singapore Investment Corporation

 Lord Lamont, former UK Chancellor of the Exchequer

 Gerard Lyons, Chief Economist, Standard Chartered Bank

 Peter Norman, Minister for Financial Markets, Government of Sweden

 Saker Nusseibeh, Chief Executive Officer, Hermes Fund Managers

 Howard Shore, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Shore Capital

 Miroslav Singer, Governor, Czech National Bank

 Prof. Niels Thygesen, Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of Copenhagen

 Lord Tugendhat, Select Committee on Economic Affairs, House of Lords, former Vice-President, European Commission

Lets try to be a little more tolerant shall we? "Scan not a friend with a microscopic glass." -- George Harrison. Hope you have a great weekend. :)

So, I guess we wait.