Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Talabani's office announces that quorum to withdraw confidence

BREAKING NEWS Talabani's Office announces that quorum to withdraw confidence from Maliki not achieved <a href="http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Print.asp?ar95_VQ=FLLKDE" target="Print">print-icon.gif[/url]save-icon.gif09/06/2012 23:13:00Baghdad (NINA) – The President's Office affirmed that quorum to withdraw confidence from Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has not been achieved.

In a statement to the press issued on Saturday, June 9, by the President's Office said that in response to rumors circulated by the media and because the President is committed to abide by the Constitution and to have the public informed.

The statement said that the President received a request to withdraw confidence from the Prime Minister, signed by 160 lawmakers; later 11 lawmakers withdrew their signatures, while 2 others put their requests on hold, making the number of signatures received demanding withdrawal of confidence does not meet the required number; therefore the quorum to withdraw confidence is not been achieved.

It went on saying that the President had postponed a trip abroad to undergo medical treatment; and since the situation is clear now he will leave early next week.

The statement concluded that the President urges all sides to keep their differences within the frames of the Constitution to avoid any obstacles that might hinder constructive dialogue between all parties; he renew he call for holding the National Meeting, whether confidence withdrawn or not. / End

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FLLKDE

Thanks for the post Tony... the article contradicts it self !!! No quorum was achieved, then the very last line...hold the National Meeting, whether no confidence is withdrawn or not :blink:

I see your 100k and raise you 100k that we won't be!

Maybe I am optimistic or just a gambling man!

• Upvote 2

INITSINCE05.....Any

Body, Any Thing holding the RV up will be moved one way or the

other!!!! B)

Cynthia AH I truly hope that you are right!!! As you can see by my name I've been invested in this awhile now. I'm ready for this ride to end I'm getting sick!!!

I guess Maliki threatened, bribed, or intimidated enough PMs to get his way. I was really hoping he was gone.

Yeah and even killed Sadr's right hand dude. (i think bodyguard) If so, that is 4 bodyguards of the opposition. 2 votes on hold. Those are the ones that don't want to be killed. Trying to play it safe. Talabani I believe let Maliki have the list with Iranian influence. So Maliki is making his rounds and now no one is safe in Iraq. No one. There can be NO national conference until Erbil is implemented. Maliki won't do it, he just stalls. So really, we are at square one and waiting for parliament to return.

Talabani could have done this, with just what he had. He won't do it. Oh why do these guys adhere to Iran? Another evil empire run by a nut worse than saddam.

• 10 months later...

BREAKING NEWS Talabani's Office announces that quorum to withdraw confidence from Maliki not achieved <a href="http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Print.asp?ar95_VQ=FLLKDE" target="Print">print-icon.gifsave-icon.gif09/06/2012 23:13:00Baghdad (NINA) – The President's Office affirmed that quorum to withdraw confidence from Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has not been achieved.

In a statement to the press issued on Saturday, June 9, by the President's Office said that in response to rumors circulated by the media and because the President is committed to abide by the Constitution and to have the public informed.

The statement said that the President received a request to withdraw confidence from the Prime Minister, signed by 160 lawmakers; later 11 lawmakers withdrew their signatures, while 2 others put their requests on hold, making the number of signatures received demanding withdrawal of confidence does not meet the required number; therefore the quorum to withdraw confidence is not been achieved.

It went on saying that the President had postponed a trip abroad to undergo medical treatment; and since the situation is clear now he will leave early next week.

The statement concluded that the President urges all sides to keep their differences within the frames of the Constitution to avoid any obstacles that might hinder constructive dialogue between all parties; he renew he call for holding the National Meeting, whether confidence withdrawn or not. / End

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FLLKDE

last year's article

This thing is a circus for sure.  Iraq needs to get their government corrected with the right people that will do what needs to be done.  I guess this thing will go on for a while until they have a governmant that is dependable...