Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Private sector

desimo

If 'the private sector is doing fine' as Obama stated in his remarks I would like to have him explain all the closed doors of small businesses. As I drive through some of the small communities here in Washington I see empty offices, closed stores and semi-vacant buildings. With our unemployment rates I would appreciate an discription as to what is referred to as 'doing fine'.

• Upvote 2

Apparently, doing fine is an unemployment rate of 9% to 17%

Gas prices of 4 + dollars, an active battle against oil, coal, the middle

class, the Supreme Court, stock investors, etc.

I could go on and on......What the Libs have said is that they want us

to live in the failing way that Europeans do.

They want us all to live in cities, in little tiny apartments, use only public

transportation, pay exorbitant prices for the things they deem 'bad',

and pay most of our wages in taxes to support 'everybody'.

I dont want to do that, I like Capitalism, I like a free market economy, and

driving my vehicle where and when I like. I like my home in the country,

and I like being able to use what I earn in the manner that I choose.

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 4

I live Washington too,I can easily go through our city and count 30 to 40 businesses that are close. What makes me even more madder is the media like: cnn,abc.cbs,and mnbc will prop obama up.People need to start telling them how we feel.Start attacking the media,we need to stop them too.I do everything I can not to watch those channles.

• Upvote 1

"Private sector doing fine, its the local and state governments that need help"

In other words, Barry et al has the private sector on the ropes where he wants it but would certainly entertain the idea of stimulating the public sector by hiring more government workers! This guy just doesnt have a clue about fixing the malaise that we are in! But the important thing is he can hang with Hollywood's elite and make off color remarks about Mooch-elle and Ellen Degenerate while filling his campaign coffers with millions!

If 'the private sector is doing fine' as Obama stated in his remarks I would like to have him explain all the closed doors of small businesses. As I drive through some of the small communities here in Washington I see empty offices, closed stores and semi-vacant buildings. With our unemployment rates I would appreciate an discription as to what is referred to as 'doing fine'.

what's reported in the media, is that corporations are sitting on about two trillion dollars. they will not invest the money to get the economy going and people employed because they are "unsure" of the election results and are basically afraid to invest because they need guarantees they will make money in return and they have not seen any opportunities out there.

Obviously corporations are not goodcitizens of this country who care about it's people. They only care about how much money they make. Corporate profits have broken records for many years running. They don't pay taxes and neither do the elite who own these corporations. Us working people in this country pay the majority of the taxes, and are also the ones that the elite have asked pay the debt they created by bailing them out.

Anyone who believes the official figures on un-employment, is naive. The fact is our government lies to us all the time. the real numbers are much higher. All economic numbers are manipulated by the PTB to make themselves look better, and so they can point to them and tell us things are good. It's been happening hear for many years now.

Don't believe the propaganda folks...wake up to what's going on in this country! Thanks for the post desimo! Carlos

It is "doing fine", just as he plan it. He doesnt want small business to make it. He wants high unemployment, his long term goal is for everyone to be dependent on the gov so he can own you.

Thanks Wiz...you nailed it! carlos

what's reported in the media, is that corporations are sitting on about two trillion dollars. they will not invest the money to get the economy going and people employed because they are "unsure" of the election results and are basically afraid to invest because they need guarantees they will make money in return and they have not seen any opportunities out there.

Obviously corporations are not goodcitizens of this country who care about it's people. They only care about how much money they make. Corporate profits have broken records for many years running. They don't pay taxes and neither do the elite who own these corporations. Us working people in this country pay the majority of the taxes, and are also the ones that the elite have asked pay the debt they created by bailing them out.

Anyone who believes the official figures on un-employment, is naive. The fact is our government lies to us all the time. the real numbers are much higher. All economic numbers are manipulated by the PTB to make themselves look better, and so they can point to them and tell us things are good. It's been happening hear for many years now.

Don't believe the propaganda folks...wake up to what's going on in this country! Thanks for the post desimo! Carlos

Thanks Wiz...you nailed it! carlos

Corporations are not started in order to be "good citizens". They are entities set up to conduct business. There are numerous members here that own businesses, mom and pop shops if you will, that are incorporated. I, as well as these other business owners, have busted our asses, lived hard and lean in the beginning years in order to make our companies grow, and hunker down when we need to weather this awful shi# storm that we are in now. So please tell me what these corporations owe the U.S.? They don't. The problem with America is that a portion of our citizenry has turned from one of looking at this nation of ours as the "land of opportunity" to one of "you owe me." I implore you to stop this nonsense with the corporations not being good citizens.

• Upvote 4

Corporations are not started in order to be "good citizens". They are entities set up to conduct business. There are numerous members here that own businesses, mom and pop shops if you will, that are incorporated. I, as well as these other business owners, have busted our asses, lived hard and lean in the beginning years in order to make our companies grow, and hunker down when we need to weather this awful shi# storm that we are in now. So please tell me what these corporations owe the U.S.? They don't. The problem with America is that a portion of our citizenry has turned from one of looking at this nation of ours as the "land of opportunity" to one of "you owe me." I implore you to stop this nonsense with the corporations not being good citizens.

Exactly....Corporations arent set up to provide jobs.....They are

set up to make money, for the Corp. & investors, and there isnt anything

wrong with making money, we all do it

The current business environment is hostile to Mom & Pops as well as

large Corps. They sit on their money not to be 'mean' or 'bad citizens',

but to protect themselves from outrageous regulations and taxes.

They also get breaks for taking risks....such as hiring & producing.

Some of the overtaxation, & onerous regulations are passed on to the

consumer, but not all of it.....The burden is on the business to figure out

how to stay solvent. Holding off from hiring is one avenue, until the

business hating attitude is eliminated in Nov.

• Upvote 4

The country is not broke. It is the government that is broke. The Corporations, Small Businesses, and the Citizens wont or can’t spend money they don’t have or wont be able to regenerate. The government on the other hand spends more than they have and then shift the burden to the rich, corporations, small business, and the citizens to replenish their extravagance. They villainies anyone they so desire to replenish their coffers. They blame the rich and some fall for it or they blame the corporations and some fall for it. The reason they don’t blame the small businesses and citizens is everyone already knows they’re tapped out and no one would fall for that. Selling their deceptive rhetoric is what being a good politician is all about. The occupy movement thinks the conservatives are sheeply when it’s them that is falling for all the deceptions.

Edited by jonjon

AMEN very well said and I agree with you 100%. :tiphat:

Exactly....Corporations arent set up to provide jobs.....They are

set up to make money, for the Corp. & investors, and there isnt anything

wrong with making money, we all do it

The current business environment is hostile to Mom & Pops as well as

large Corps. They sit on their money not to be 'mean' or 'bad citizens',

but to protect themselves from outrageous regulations and taxes.

They also get breaks for taking risks....such as hiring & producing.

Some of the overtaxation, & onerous regulations are passed on to the

consumer, but not all of it.....The burden is on the business to figure out

how to stay solvent. Holding off from hiring is one avenue, until the

business hating attitude is eliminated in Nov.

Yes exactly I'm glad to see people are getting it. The politicians have created this "you owe me" because you're succesfull mentallity because it takes the heat off of themselves and their big government agenda. If we're fighting ourselves we're too busy to fight them. It's called class warfare folks. Don;t get sucked into it. Work hard, take risks and possibly- after enough blood sweat and tears you may have a chance to be wealthy and by golly you deserve it. So lets stop thinking that big business is evil, they provide investors with potential profits and yes they must stay solvent to do that. We all are investors, they also provide jobs and incvome for the workers they employ. The bigger the company the more people they directly employ and lets not forget the people and businesses that they indirectly employ. There's a whole host of people being hired to service that business and build the buildings they need and those support businesses employ people and in fact have other businesses that support their activities and it goes on and on. Why do libs have such a hard time with this concept? Is government that void of greed and scandal that they want them to be in charge of everything really???? :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Now Obama is saying that the economy is NOT doing fine. I wish he would make up his mind. Is the economy not doing fine and the private sectos IS doing fine? I am confused?!?!?! Where is the economy different from the private sector? How is the pirvate sector different from the economy?

I come from a pretty small town. I know one of the richest men in it. He and his father has work long and hard to be where their at today. It did not come easy for them. They employ hundreds of people in this town. They donate , They participate in public service and help the needy. THEY are NEEDED in this town. They are good honest people with good integrity. Their money trickles down throughout the community. Yeah Mr president lets make enemies out of these people and the thousands like them and watch how fast this country collapses. But Perhaps that's exactly what they want. For us to need them only. NOW that is true power. It would make them a regime not a govt.

• Upvote 3