Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MP: Many signatories withdraw their vote against Maliki

MP: Many signatories withdraw their vote against Maliki

June 8th, 2012

BAGHDAD, June 8 (AKnews)- Many MPs have withdrawn their signatures for replacing Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and there is a strong tendency for holding the national conference for resolving the issues, a State of Law Coalition (SLC) said.

Today the priority has turned to the logical option which is dialogue, said Abbas al-Saedi of SLC, led by Maliki.

Saedi continued “the position of the Iraqi President Jalal Talabani to sort out the disputes through dialogue has its role in calming the tensions.

With regard to replacing Maliki, so far the president has not issued his official stance.

But SLC MPs allege Talabani has rejected a letter by speaker of House of Representatives, Osama al-Nujaifi, who demanded the president order the House to withdraw confidence from PM.

Saedi added “only two days ago” the tendency was towards withdrawing confidence.

“But the positions have changed and many of those who signed to withdraw confidence have change their position including 37 MPs, most of whom are from Iraqiya List,” according to Saedi.

Yesterday 37 MPs declared a new bloc, called the Assembly of Loyalty for Iraq. Most of the members in the new bloc are from the White Iraqiya, Free Iraqiya and Nationals who had already separated from Iraqiya and announced they support the government.

Reports are that the PM have met with a number of MPs who signed to withdraw confidence from him.

A number of political leaders initiated the campaign to replace Maliki, whom they described as a “dictator.” Among them are Kurdistan’s President Massoud Barzani, Iraqiya List Leader Ayad Allawi and Sadr Current Leader Muqtada al-Sadr.

The three leaders met three times in Erbil, Najaf and Suli, respectively, first to warn Maliki to stop his “unilateral” ruling and then to ask the National Alliance (NA) to name a new candidate for the PM post.

With no response from the NA, Iraqiya MPs have staged a signature campaign to withdraw confidence from Maliki.

Allegedly the number of signatures has exceeded the legal (164) quorum. A few days ago Maliki demanded Talabani to verify the number and the president ordered a committee to follow up the case. The committee is yet to announce its report.

My link

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Talabani wait too much longer, he will blow this whole deal. If he thinks Maliki is a problem, wait until he see the DV world go bananas if he doesn't pull this out of a tail spin. He will think Maliki was a walk in the park.

Disclaimer: Comments are the responsbility of the poster only and do not reflect the opinions of the DV world, but the poster feels better after saying it. Thank you.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the post KK, I love how they start this article... The logical option dialogue... Really ?? I think it's time for Talabani to step up to the plate and take some action and resolve this issue !! Talk, talk and more talk,

At this point, I am hopeful that Talabani is being strategic and not tactical, and perhaps he is following the Sun Tzu's strategy below, and if not, I know what book I am going to give Talabani for Christmas:

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

If Talabani wait too much longer, he will blow this whole deal. If he thinks Maliki is a problem, wait until he see the DV world go bananas if he doesn't pull this out of a tail spin. He will think Maliki was a walk in the park.

Disclaimer: Comments are the responsbility of the poster only and do not reflect the opinions of the DV world, but the poster feels better after saying it. Thank you.

:lmao::tiphat:

I'm sick of the whole thing. I don't look at this stuff nearly as much as I used too. I am beginning to have my doubts about the whole thing. Thinking it may be time to give my kids the key to the safety deposit box. :(

Don't do it RSS. Give 'em a fake key for now and hold on. You're too smart to give up. Take a break and go have some fun away from here. I'm hoping this is not your life. Good luck and take care.

DW

At this point, I am hopeful that Talabani is being strategic and not tactical, and perhaps he is following the Sun Tzu's strategy below, and if not, I know what book I am going to give Talabani for Christmas:

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

OH my friend are you so full of truth. They can't hold a national meeting with the turmoil. No way. No agreements. Maliki still trying his stalling tactics, intimidation, bribery, and deceitful promises. They baited him, and he took it. They won't have to pull their votes he will be arrested. At least we hope they are taking notes.

I'm sick of the whole thing. I don't look at this stuff nearly as much as I used too. I am beginning to have my doubts about the whole thing. Thinking it may be time to give my kids the key to the safety deposit box. :(

Ok friend, I look at your picture and see who you are. Your ambitious, and complicated to know. Don't ask but I like doing this with people. Your strong minded, but your weakness is not knowing. Guess what, it's a weakness of everyone.

So your ambition should keep you grounded. Do not listen to any one who put their 2 cents in. Including me. I am just an idiot who loves for the first time be able to be part of the investment by watching it.

You keep the keys. I have safety deposit boxes. My kids hold the 2nd key. They are on the box as a holder. Their orders are to empty it in the event of my death and take it to another bank and redeposit in their names. They are very trustworthy and I hide nothing from them.

So, do yourself a favor and keep the keys and don't come back but 1 time a week and spare yourself the grief of the ride. You have been here longer than I have. I have had my dinars for some time though. I had been buying them for investment since I like collecting. I only find the DV site last year. I didn't know so many folks were involved. It is really astonishing to me. But it is awesome too. So, since you have come this far, you cannot quit. You may not feel like it but their has been a lot of blood, sweat and tears in this. Including us. Just watching and getting close just to have that Nut maliki throw another monkey wrench in it. I don't believe half of this stuff coming out right now. I do believe that they will stop him. Whether it be the Iraq GOI or the US government.

Remember this, we lost over 4 thousand men & women in that nasty sandbox. There is no way did our brothers and sisters die in vane to install another dictatorship. The US government has stated that Maliki is not in the best interest of a democracy state. It has been long, but good things come to those who wait.

Keep your dinars and be just a little more patient. Let's see what happens when parliament is back in session. Especially when the tariffs hit the market. They will have to make a move.

• Upvote 4

For some reason Talabani is dragging his feet. I have to wonder why? I can make a guess or two.....1)He does not believe Maliki is a dictator. 2) His connections in Iran(and oh yes he has connections in Iran) are telling him to hold back, not so fast. 3)He is afraid this process will pull Iraq in a quagmire of political agenda's destroying what they have accomplished so far. 4) He wants to hold the National Meeting and settle all disputes. Thinking this is the way Iraq can move through the crisis with the least amount of bloodshed and destruction. OR all of the above.

Ok friend, I look at your picture and see who you are. Your ambitious, and complicated to know. Don't ask but I like doing this with people. Your strong minded, but your weakness is not knowing. Guess what, it's a weakness of everyone.

So your ambition should keep you grounded. Do not listen to any one who put their 2 cents in. Including me. I am just an idiot who loves for the first time be able to be part of the investment by watching it.

You keep the keys. I have safety deposit boxes. My kids hold the 2nd key. They are on the box as a holder. Their orders are to empty it in the event of my death and take it to another bank and redeposit in their names. They are very trustworthy and I hide nothing from them.

So, do yourself a favor and keep the keys and don't come back but 1 time a week and spare yourself the grief of the ride. You have been here longer than I have. I have had my dinars for some time though. I had been buying them for investment since I like collecting. I only find the DV site last year. I didn't know so many folks were involved. It is really astonishing to me. But it is awesome too. So, since you have come this far, you cannot quit. You may not feel like it but their has been a lot of blood, sweat and tears in this. Including us. Just watching and getting close just to have that Nut maliki throw another monkey wrench in it. I don't believe half of this stuff coming out right now. I do believe that they will stop him. Whether it be the Iraq GOI or the US government.

Remember this, we lost over 4 thousand men & women in that nasty sandbox. There is no way did our brothers and sisters die in vane to install another dictatorship. The US government has stated that Maliki is not in the best interest of a democracy state. It has been long, but good things come to those who wait.

Keep your dinars and be just a little more patient. Let's see what happens when parliament is back in session. Especially when the tariffs hit the market. They will have to make a move.

Thanks Uncirculd... I know this was for RSS... But I took it personally !!! I'm sure there are a lot of DV members feeling the exact same way. after a month of "factually deficient articles" and only guessing as to what is going on, we all are in the need of something definte and tangible to hang onto!! So thank you for the Friday pick me up, I really needed it B)

Thanks Uncirculd... I know this was for RSS... But I took it personally !!! I'm sure there are a lot of DV members feeling the exact same way. after a month of "factually deficient articles" and only guessing as to what is going on, we all are in the need of something definte and tangible to hang onto!! So thank you for the Friday pick me up, I really needed it B)

I hear ya Shelly..... I am getting to the point where I just don't give a crap. The only reason I come back is to see what the heck you guys are doing. Besides Trixie needs to stretch her three legs now and then.

Good advice uncirculd +1.

I hear ya Shelly..... I am getting to the point where I just don't give a crap. The only reason I come back is to see what the heck you guys are doing. Besides Trixie needs to stretch her three legs now and then.

Hey Zig... you better keep coming to the site we need you and Trixie .... It's just been a long month of shiite coming out of Iraq !!!!

I keep saying to myself, how long can this drag out ??? I feel like I have been saying that for years :blink: Hopefully next week will bring us all better news or at least real news.

Ditto, girlfriends, and well put Uncirculd. RSS, take a week off. We will miss you, but save yourself from the rhetoric. The news is slow, and I will call you if anything happens. Promise. B)

Edited by KamelKeeper

Ditto, girlfriends, and well put Uncirculd. RSS, take a week off. We will miss you, but save yourself from the rhetoric. The news is slow, and I will call you if anything happens. Promise. B)

You think I should go to work now ???? Darn this site ... I'm addicted.. I need a fix of some real good news !!

I can call you too, but if you leave i will have to sue you in Kamel Kourt, and that ain't pretty. Better stick around. B)

• Upvote 1

You think I should go to work now ???? Darn this site ... I'm addicted.. I need a fix of some real good news !!

Far be it for me to say anything. My work is sitting right in front of me, but my new Chinese foo dogs are protecting me. DV and my new Adele 21 cd and I am happy.

Besides, I am plotting to see how I can get to Iraq and deliver a special message to Maliki. I think he could die laughing over it. I may need accomplices..........the pay is terrible, but there may be a huge ReVard in the end.

I will be taking applications after lunch outside of the cafeteria. Bring a pen and a passport. No need for a change of clothes as we will be in and out in no time. You will be home in time to catch the evening news. :)

Edited by KamelKeeper
  • Upvote 1

Far be it for me to say anything. My work is sitting right in front of me, but my new Chinese foo dogs are protecting me. DV and my new Adele 21 cd and I am happy.

Besides, I am plotting to see how I can get to Iraq and deliver a special message to Maliki. I think he could die laughing over it. I may need accomplices..........the pay is terrible, but there may be a huge ReVard in the end.

I will be taking applications after lunch outside of the cafeteria. Bring a pen and a passport. No need for a change of clothes as we will be in and out in no time. You will be home in time to catch the evening news. :)

Who do you have to know, to get the job ???

• Upvote 1