Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ron and Rand Paul Backs Mitt Romney

TPSprayduster

I hope everyone will read and heed the requests of Dr Paul and Rand Paul.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2012/jun/7/ron-paul-and-rand-paul-back-mitt-romney/

Ron Paul and Rand Paul back Mitt Romney

FORT WORTH (DALLAS), TEXAS, June 8, 2012 – Today is a day to praise Ron Paul and Rand Paul.

Yes, I said it. Yes, this Neocon still disagrees with Ron Paul on foreign policy. Yes, there is enough animosity between many Paul supporters and me to start a small undeclared war.

Yet the biggest question mark about Dr. Paul and his son was whether they would fall into line when push came to shove.

They did. Without sacrificing their principles.

At the Texas GOP Convention, Ron Paul addressed the issue that frustrates many people (including me) who like and respect Dr. Paul personally. The vocal, unbendable supporters that were/are unwilling to accept any outcome other than Dr. Paul in the White House.

Diligence and support are good, however, too many of them are militant and abusive toward anyone disagreeing with them.

My personal criticism of Dr. Paul is that he never reined those vocal supporters in. Until now.

On the first day of the largest state convention in calendar year 2012, he told his supporters that upon arriving in Tampa for the Republican National Convention, they were to "be respectful."

This is a big deal. Maybe they will listen. Dr. Paul's son, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, also offered a major olive branch later in the evening by officially endorsing Governor Romney and pledging to actively campaign for him.

This is another big deal.

The Paul campaign was running the risk of being seen as spiteful. This was the same charge leveled at Mike Huckabee in 2008 when he, and his supporters, stayed in the race a bit too long.

Some critics of Dr. Paul will say that he took far too long to do the right thing, bu this is an unfair criticism. When one invests emotionally in a cause they deeply believe in, letting go is difficult.

It is like telling an athlete to retire when the mind still wants to do things the body can no longer do.

It is human nature for people to want to "go out" on their own terms.

The bottom line is that Dr. Paul and his son do not appear to be trying to blow up the Republican Party. They seem to realize that they have a better chance of advancing their goals in the long run by working within the system. For all the talk about being revolutionaries, Dr. Paul wants to see his movement become mainstream.

This has always been where Dr. Paul diverges from his most hard-core supporters. They often want an all-or-nothing approach, leaving them marginalized. Dr. Paul is willing to take what he can get now and come back for the rest later. This is not "selling out." This is "pragmatism," which does not have to be a dirty word.

While many of his supporters cross the line, Dr. Paul himself is a polite individual. I have met him several times. He is a gentleman, and a rather funny and likable one at that.

He ran an impressive race. Yet in the end, Mitt Romney won. This should not be a source of shame for Dr. Paul, since none of the other candidates toppled Mr. Romney either.

Many Paul supporters have said that they will only vote for Ron Paul. Now that even Rand Paul has publicly supported Romney, Paul supporters should do the same.

There will be times when Paul supporters will be frustrated with Mr. Romney, this is going to be true of any President. The same can be said about Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum supporters.

But not everyone is going to agree all the time. If everyone agreed 100% of the time there would be no need for elections.

If President Obama gets reelected, the Paul supporters get absolutely nothing even though some of them see zero difference between Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney. This is plain wrong. Ron Paul understands this, and so does his son.

The Paul supporters should heed Dr. Paul, be respectful, and advance their beliefs while supporting Mitt Romney.

Yet if Paul supporters need to do some outreach, so do critics. This includes me.

I have often distinguished Paul supporters from the more vocally challenging "Paulbots."

If those individuals, mostly young college students, continue to demand a Paul presidency, then they will have learned nothing about outreach and defied the guy they claim to deeply believe in.

Yet if they decide to be mature in their approach, then they deserve the benefit of the doubt. After all, we all need to learn how to forgive and move on. They will all be referred to as "Paul supporters." As of this moment, the slate is clean.

So on this day, even Neocons should understand how difficult it was for Ron and Rand Paul to line up behind Mitt Romney. They did the right thing, and deserve the credit that comes along with making that tough, but right, choice.

The Paul supporters will not get everything they want from a foreign policy standpoint at this time. There is not a consensus. Yet on economics and domestic policy, Dr. Paul has plenty of good ideas to offer.

His comment attacking New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg for trying to regulate soda was cheered by non-interventionist Paleocons and Neocons alike.

By Paul supporters stepping up to the plate with Mitt Romney, we all have a better chance of benefitting from those good ideas that Dr. Paul has.

My attitude toward the Paul movement was that if they chose to bolt and go third party, then they could get lost. Well Dr. Paul decided to be part of the Republican team. For that reason, an outstretched hand is the appropriate reaction.

So let's give Ron and Rand Paul credit.

Now let's all work together to fire Barack Obama and elect Mitt Romney President of the United States. It will be easier with all of you.

• Upvote 9

I wish Romney would start saying he wants to legalize drugs, the anti-capitalist morons could then disband their coup of taking over the world. They could send the white hats back to outer space, the occupiers could return home, and all of their video game skills could improve another level or two. It is self-evident in the expressions of their thinking that none of them have ever been productive in the capitalist system that they hate so much. The capitalist system has always supported them and the current administrations followers lives and lifestyles. It’s time our country be returned to an administration that supports the capitalist system.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

As most know, I'm a Paul supporter, and it's bad news. I'm still thinking about the implications and reasons. There's a bigger plan than what we see, and I have not lost hope. As the system exists there are many obstacles created by the PTB to derail any reform that would endanger their existance, and it's also clear that they feel their existance threatened.

Anybody with a pulse knows, that there are undeniable changes that have taken place, like the courts rejection of Obama's NDAA. Most tend to forget that the Elite, GOP Neo-cons control the US court, and tha Obama also works for the same people.

Because the media is controlled it's hard to blame the American people for being so ignorant. But there are many among you who have been exposed to the truth but choose to continue to deliverately steer the opinions of people away from the truth. I have never agreed with the people who want us to forget any lessons we might have learned from eight years of Bush Admin. era economic policies. fact is most people learned little because they would have us return to the same policies. Bailouts, the wealthy not paying taxes, along with their corporations.

And then they want us to sacrifice, lower our standards. They make it look as simple as belt tightening...while they continue to get wealthier that most can comprehend! The acceptance, and apathy the American people show for their masters is very telling, in that they derive pleasure from allowing themselves to be ruled by an elite class. After all, it's easier than having to think for yourselves and having to sort out all that confusing information!

That might have changed the landscape would have been if the EU economically collapsed causing our economy to fall off the abiss as well, my guess is this is not going to happen now, as the latest talks are about reconciliation and bailouts, and Bernake yesterday telling the congress and the media that "all cards were on the table" meaning the Fed would print more money at the drop of a hat! I guess to most folks reading this...the meaning is lost!

To me, all this means is the can has been kicked down the road and the financial crash will happen after the elections, because the GOP is confident they can continue to bluff their way through with lies aimed at confusing the American public, thus putting the GOP in a better bargaining position if they can occupy the white house.

I would not gloat yet, TPsprayduster and the rest of you. This story is ot over yet!

Carlos

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Its so nice to hear that the Elite GOP Neo-cons control the courts,

and have eliminated the NDAA provisions regarding American citizens.

I feel all warm and fuzzy now. :D

Anybody with a pulse knows, that there are undeniable changes that have taken place, like the courts rejection of Obama's NDAA. Most tend to forget that the Elite, GOP Neo-cons control the US court, and tha Obama also works for the same people. carlos

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As most know, I'm a Paul supporter, and it's bad news. I'm still thinking about the implications and reasons. There's a bigger plan than what we see, and I have not lost hope. As the system exists there are many obstacles created by the PTB to derail any reform that would endanger their existance, and it's also clear that they feel their existance threatened.

Anybody with a pulse knows, that there are undeniable changes that have taken place, like the courts rejection of Obama's NDAA. Most tend to forget that the Elite, GOP Neo-cons control the US court, and tha Obama also works for the same people.

Because the media is controlled it's hard to blame the American people for being so ignorant. But there are many among you who have been exposed to the truth but choose to continue to deliverately steer the opinions of people away from the truth. I have never agreed with the people who want us to forget any lessons we might have learned from eight years of Bush Admin. era economic policies. fact is most people learned little because they would have us return to the same policies. Bailouts, the wealthy not paying taxes, along with their corporations.

And then they want us to sacrifice, lower our standards. They make it look as simple as belt tightening...while they continue to get wealthier that most can comprehend! The acceptance, and apathy the American people show for their masters is very telling, in that they derive pleasure from allowing themselves to be ruled by an elite class. After all, it's easier than having to think for yourselves and having to sort out all that confusing information!

That might have changed the landscape would have been if the EU economically collapsed causing our economy to fall off the abiss as well, my guess is this is not going to happen now, as the latest talks are about reconciliation and bailouts, and Bernake yesterday telling the congress and the media that "all cards were on the table" meaning the Fed would print more money at the drop of a hat! I guess to most folks reading this...the meaning is lost!

To me, all this means is the can has been kicked down the road and the financial crash will happen after the elections, because the GOP is confident they can continue to bluff their way through with lies aimed at confusing the American public, thus putting the GOP in a better bargaining position if they can occupy the white house.

I would not gloat yet, TPsprayduster and the rest of you. This story is ot over yet!

Carlos

Carlos i had to think about this response to make sure i did not twist the screws, instigate or cause unecessary havoc. I was trying to follow the excuses you were making concerning this campaigning basically you were saying "If's and Buts were cherry and nuts we would have a merry christmas" trying to deflect from the story here is not necessary. Rand Paul endorsed Mitt Romney on Fox News and from a certain point of view so did Dr Paul. Dr Paul called for calm and continued antics at the conventions. He is not condoning the possibility of chaos in Tampa now will those who are considered hard liners fall in line with Dr Paul request or risk the revolution being out cast. Carlos, the story is written, their are no more contest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Republican_primary,_2012#Results

as you can see from the link that Mitt Romney won 79.6 percent of the vote and please view the picture of the state to show where Mr Romney ran away with the contest. Dr Paul received 10 percent of the vote and no delegates such as Romney won all delegates and 1 remains unpledged. The RP supporters did not stand up in home state yourself and 40oz. Sir the party is over.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Carlos

There's gotta be bigger picture implications that we just can't see yet...right? I hope... it's either that or they've been threatened to become this generation's Kennedy family, Idk, but everyone is jumping on Rand calling him a traitor...unless all of the sudden he is pro-federal reserve and pro-going to war for profit, I can't consider him a traitor....I think this endorsement is more about making peace and unifying the party since Ron Paul supporters are the future of America, our numbers will only continue to grow, while the rest decrease.

• Upvote 1

No fear from me, lol, my bad mood has passed.... no hard feelings TPS we just disagree on many things.

I am glad things are better it is better to agree to disagree then :)

There's gotta be bigger picture implications that we just can't see yet...right? I hope... it's either that or they've been threatened to become this generation's Kennedy family, Idk, but everyone is jumping on Rand calling him a traitor...unless all of the sudden he is pro-federal reserve and pro-going to war for profit, I can't consider him a traitor....I think this endorsement is more about making peace and unifying the party since Ron Paul supporters are the future of America, our numbers will only continue to grow, while the rest decrease.

in one line you say go f yourself and now if he Rand Paul changes his tune he won't be a traitor. No one has threatened anyone it is just an excuse you dreamed up that you tell yourself to be ok with this turn of events. Be a man and accept what Dr Paul and his son has seen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope this is true. I am very hopeful again after Wisconsin came through that we will be successful in November. rolleyes.gif

Wisconsin was a manipulated sham. They are making their future vice president palatable to the average American by making you think that he's capable and that his policies will make a difference. Big money made it all possible. It's as simple as that! Yet, you and many other sheeple believe that continuing the Bush era policies will work? They never did before, so what makes you think they will now? Carlos

Its so nice to hear that the Elite GOP Neo-cons control the courts,

and have eliminated the NDAA provisions regarding American citizens.

I feel all warm and fuzzy now. :D

Anybody with a pulse knows, that there are undeniable changes that have taken place, like the courts rejection of Obama's NDAA. Most tend to forget that the Elite, GOP Neo-cons control the US court, and tha Obama also works for the same people. carlos

I know you are really afraid! That's why you don't stand up for what's right! The ones you have to thank, are those that are carrying on the fight in your name behind the scenes. They are doing it so you no longer have to lie to yourself when you say your free.

Carlos

• Upvote 4

I was (am) impressed with Paul Sr. From what I've heard of Rand Paul, I think he's more interested in his own creature comforts and financial well being than he is in doing what's right. I am not surprised, many people preffer to sell out their convictions rather than put up a fight.We have many who respond to these posts who did not even put up a whimper before they caved in completely.

I have not thrown in the towel just yet. There is plenty of time before the elections. Many things can happen and probably will. The Feds announcing they were ready to put the printing presses to work says much. Both parties know the economy is not sustainable and not repairable. It does not matter what they do they know all ponzi schemes must come to the end of their cycle, infinite grouth cannot be sustained because of the increase in population and the complete depletion of low lying fruit that we call 'natural resources" There is no place to grow!

The innevitable must happen because there is no way to prevent it. The "stimulus" "Quantitative easing" are bailouts in the form of corporate welfare. Without them they cannot kick the can down the road. Unfortunately, I just heard Obama this morning saying that this was "our" debt! This, and many other things, tells me he's a sell out!

If the economic problem is to be neglected for the sake of what some view as expidiency, then the economy will collapse after this next election. The game cannot continue indefinitely because the more they print the greater the inflation, the less buying power that the dollar has, the more discontentment and suffering they will create. those who do not believe the economy must collapse are fools....

Carlos

Thank you for your comment. I think you might be the one who is afraid. No worries carlos all will be ok. Cris don't let this person provoke you. Taji here i come.

You got me wrong TPsprayduster! I am aware! being so has given me advantages others don't know about or understand. What I know is not faith based. Unlike many of those who mainly believe out of a sense of faith, I have a confidence based on knowledge. Knowledge based on facts. You don't have a clue what's in my toolbox! I am not afraid of the future, because I know where it's going!

Carlos

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for your comment. I think you might be the one who is afraid. No worries carlos all will be ok. Cris don't let this person provoke you. Taji here i come.

No worries, Im not provoked by those statements.....I think they

might be confused about the reality of the world, mixing metaphors,

so to speak. Thats all I was pointing out.

I could make a list of the mixed up confusing oxi-morons that I've

seen posted here, its a long list.....but I think the statement that

the Neo-con controlled courts rejected NDAA signed by O'blah

and they both work for the same people, exemplifies it best

Conservatives & Libs are 2 different species. Im on the Conservative

side (Republican)....Im against the far left Libs (currently controlling

the Demo Party)

Im glad to see Rand & Ron get their heads straight, and support

the Republican nominee

• Upvote 4

I was in Taji myself, in 2004. Our convoys were pelted with rocks everytime we drove through there. Of course...you understand this does not mean...we are joined at the hip or anything! You still work for the dark side, and should be standing up for what's right. So what happend? What made you sell out yur integrity? Just an honest question!

carlos

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

No worries, Im not provoked by those statements.....I think they

might be confused about the reality of the world, mixing metaphors,

so to speak. Thats all I was pointing out.

I could make a list of the mixed up confusing oxi-morons that I've

seen posted here, its a long list.....but I think the statement that

the Neo-con controlled courts rejected NDAA signed by O'blah

and they both work for the same people, exemplifies it best

Conservatives & Libs are 2 different species. Im on the Conservative

side (Republican)....Im against the far left Libs (currently controlling

the Demo Party)

Im glad to see Rand & Ron get their heads straight, and support

the Republican nominee

I think you need to brush up on current events! You dismissive attitude is a lame excuse for an answer. I know you are not a simple minded sheeple like most Americans, you know what's going on behind the scenes, and don't have the courage to even admit to yourself that your wrong despite the evidence you have seen.

I could attribute it to selective hearing loss, or some other excuse. But I know it would not be the truth. It's just easier for you to defend the staus quo, than it is to do anything about what is wrong in our government and economy. You just don't have the courage of your convictions! Real fine example of what a citizen should be!

Carlos

• Upvote 2

I was in Taji myself, in 2004. Our convoys were pelted with rocks everytime we drove through there. Of course...you understand this does not mean...we are joined at the hip or anything! You still work for the dark side, and should be standing up for what's right. So what happend? What made you sell out yur integrity? Just an honest question!

carlos

Thank you for your service and most of all, thank you for waking up and seeing that the true enemies are right here at home, some people don't have the fortitude to admit it :: cough ::

• Upvote 3

I think you need to brush up on current events! You dismissive attitude is a lame excuse for an answer. I know you are not a simple minded sheeple like most Americans, you know what's going on behind the scenes, and don't have the courage to even admit to yourself that your wrong despite the evidence you have seen.

I could attribute it to selective hearing loss, or some other excuse. But I know it would not be the truth. It's just easier for you to defend the staus quo, than it is to do anything about what is wrong in our government and economy. You just don't have the courage of your convictions! Real fine example of what a citizen should be!

Carlos

Watch the way you respond carlos......no name calling :D

The next time will be reported......just put me on ignore, then

we wont have any problems my freind

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

40 what's your take on this? I spoke out of frustration last night, but after listening to Rand, it doesn't sound like he's compromised his positions... you can't fight these people, but you can beat them at their own game, I wonder if that's the approach.

I honestly don't have a take yet.