Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Political Scene to Witness Surprises Soon

Soledad

Thursday, 07 June 2012 14:58 | | |

Baghdad (AIN) -The Parliamentary Ahrar Bloc within the Sadrist Trend expected the coming few days to "witness surprises concerning the current political crisis."

The Head of Ahrar Bloc MP Baha al-Araji said "The coming days will witness great surprises on the political scene," without explaining the nature of these surprises.

In regard to the news about reaching an agreement between the State of Law Coalition headed by the al-Maliki and the Sadrist Trend concerning finding alternatives for the topic of withdrawing confidence from the Premier, Araji refused to "confirm or deny this agreement," expressing his "desire to reach compromises that satisfy all parties."

Earlier, MP Salman al-Mousawi of the SLC has announced to AIN about "imminent agreement between the SLC and the ST to solve the current political crisis." /End/

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11755:araji-political-scene-to-witness-surprises-in-coming-few-days&catid=35:political&Itemid=2

• Upvote 3

Thursday, 07 June 2012 14:58 | | |

Baghdad (AIN) -The Parliamentary Ahrar Bloc within the Sadrist Trend expected the coming few days to "witness surprises concerning the current political crisis."

The Head of Ahrar Bloc MP Baha al-Araji said "The coming days will witness great surprises on the political scene," without explaining the nature of these surprises.

In regard to the news about reaching an agreement between the State of Law Coalition headed by the al-Maliki and the Sadrist Trend concerning finding alternatives for the topic of withdrawing confidence from the Premier, Araji refused to "confirm or deny this agreement," expressing his "desire to reach compromises that satisfy all parties."

Earlier, MP Salman al-Mousawi of the SLC has announced to AIN about "imminent agreement between the SLC and the ST to solve the current political crisis." /End/

Sorry :blush: , here is the link: http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11755:araji-political-scene-to-witness-surprises-in-coming-few-days&catid=35:political&Itemid=2

• Upvote 1

So what could these surprises be? They all agree on something?

maybe this.....According to the source, the al-Maliki told Talabani that he preferred to resign because of no confidence Talabani, according to the source is believed that this step will enter Iraq in the unknown.

He said that Talabani told the owners he favored dialogue and consensus on the implementation of necessary reforms package to others to overcome the political crisis.

Read more: ;)

• Upvote 1

So what could these surprises be? They all agree on something?

It may go along with the article that alleged Maliki told Talibani he would prefer to resign. Maliki's risking a lot, sticking around. If he goes to this vote and loses, he's probably going to end up hung. If he implements Erbil and loses 2/3 of his power, he might end up hung at the end of his term. If he resigns now, they'll probably give him a billion dollars just to go away, and he gets to retire in England. Of course, he could go to the vote and win, but it sure looks like the good guys have the votes. I sure wouldn't want to take that chance.

• Upvote 4

It may go along with the article that alleged Maliki told Talibani he would prefer to resign. Maliki's risking a lot, sticking around. If he goes to this vote and loses, he's probably going to end up hung. If he implements Erbil and loses 2/3 of his power, he might end up hung at the end of his term. If he resigns now, they'll probably give him a billion dollars just to go away, and he gets to retire in England. Of course, he could go to the vote and win, but it sure looks like the good guys have the votes. I sure wouldn't want to take that chance.

I do not see this quite the same as many of you wonderful folks here on DV. I think it is very possible Maliki knows his strength is not giving into the demands of the Kurds. I am beginning to suspect many of the Iraqi people see him as a leader of strength irregardless of whether his policies are lackluster at best. How many Iraqi's could put pressure on Parliament to stop a no confidence vote? I don't know, but there is a threat all hell may break out.

• Upvote 1

Hung? :lol:

For what? For not giving in to pressure? For being too a strong leader?

Please list one single documented crime the Prime Minister of Iraq has committed.

I bet you can't because he hasn't. (never listed in the news at DV)

Way too many people on this forum openly calling for the death of the leader of Iraq.

Some openly say he should be assassinated and some say executed.

I am yet to see one person give a reason they think this mans life should be taken or even why charges should be brought against him.

Edited by coolbeans
  • Upvote 2

Hung? :lol:

For what? For not giving in to pressure? For being too a strong leader?

Please list one single documented crime the Prime Minister of Iraq has committed.

I bet you can't because he hasn't. (never listed in the news at DV)

Way too many people on this forum openly calling for the death of the leader of Iraq.

Some openly say he should be assassinated and some say executed.

I am yet to see one person give a reason they think this mans life should be taken or even why charges should be brought against him.

Well, let's start with usurping the constitution since he fraudulently negotiated his way into office. He refuses to implement the agreements that brought him to power, and he occupies six positions when he should occupy one. He continually ignores human rights abuses at Camp Ashraf. He brought charges against Hashemi and Mutlaq for simply speaking out against him. There are allegations of secret prisons and torture-induced confessions that, let's face it (It's Iraq), are most likely true, and probablydocumented in the files the opposition is holding. Maliki's a gangster. Not that that's anything new in Iraq, but it's no excuse.

• Upvote 3