Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I commend you on how delicately and beautifully your statement is written.

I too believe and do the same.

May you be blessed

Luci

This is not an argument about God, which is a complete waste of time. Instead, it's my attempt to interject some practical information into this discussion of religion. Some may call it common sense if they wish.

Every major religion has sacred writings whose interpretations express the identically same point of view about itself--it is THE truth, however form it's stated. That's why we still have Buddhists, Jews, Zoroastrians, even Christians from an Islamic point of view. So either they are ALL wrong...or all correct.

Either there is no TRUE religion; all are products of the human mind, as athiests claim. Or God, somehow, mysteriously intervened in these different areas of the world and placed his laws and teachings among the people down through history. I sincerely believe the latter. The Holy Bible states this; For God so loved the world... Jesus himself inferred this when he said, There are many mansions in the house of God. I go to prepare one for you.

If correct, then it is wrong to assume that one's own religion is the only one from God. Historically, this is the very reason for all religious wars and conflicts. I agree that Jesus is the only way to the Father. But since this is not the place for lengthy discussions, I'll simply say that "the only way" was for the Jews and gentiles of that time and region of the world. There were those before him who spoke similar words about themself and with similar authority, such as Moses, the Buddha, etc. If we are to judge by "the fruits", then what they each said was obviously true; the power of their teachings are still extant.

To put it simply, God is love. "He" created us. He knows how easily we can be misguided. So if He does not want to hear the prayers of Buddhists, Catholics, Zoroastrians, Muslims, Jews, he would not have allowed these religions to continue to exist. Obviously, all of them must be religions from God. And every TRUE religion concerns the "heart", not logic.

Plain and simply.

• Upvote 3

Smee i will add this, noone has the right to judge another that is left up to the creator. We can tell a tree by the fruit it bears but that is all. To say another is or is not a christian or their prayers is worthless is bordering judgement upon our selfs. I believe God looks at prayers in different ways. Honest, sincere, caring. The greatest comandment is to love one another. Just remember that are always people thats gonna want to yank the chains for their amusement. Leave the judgements up to God unless you want to be judged accordingly. As for me i will not pass judgement on anyone.

• Upvote 3

This is not an argument about God, which is a complete waste of time. Instead, it's my attempt to interject some practical information into this discussion of religion. Some may call it common sense if they wish.

Every major religion has sacred writings whose interpretations express the identically same point of view about itself--it is THE truth, however form it's stated. That's why we still have Buddhists, Jews, Zoroastrians, even Christians from an Islamic point of view. So either they are ALL wrong...or all correct.

Either there is no TRUE religion; all are products of the human mind, as athiests claim. Or God, somehow, mysteriously intervened in these different areas of the world and placed his laws and teachings among the people down through history. I sincerely believe the latter. The Holy Bible states this; For God so loved the world... Jesus himself inferred this when he said, There are many mansions in the house of God. I go to prepare one for you.

If correct, then it is wrong to assume that one's own religion is the only one from God. Historically, this is the very reason for all religious wars and conflicts. I agree that Jesus is the only way to the Father. But since this is not the place for lengthy discussions, I'll simply say that "the only way" was for the Jews and gentiles of that time and region of the world. There were those before him who spoke similar words about themself and with similar authority, such as Moses, the Buddha, etc. If we are to judge by "the fruits", then what they each said was obviously true; the power of their teachings are still extant.

To put it simply, God is love. "He" created us. He knows how easily we can be misguided. So if He does not want to hear the prayers of Buddhists, Catholics, Zoroastrians, Muslims, Jews, he would not have allowed these religions to continue to exist. Obviously, all of them must be religions from God. And every TRUE religion concerns the "heart", not logic.

Plain and simply.

sadly you are mistaken. the major religions have a thread that runs through the old testament. God has given us a free will, your statement that God wouldn't of allowed that is totally off basis and lets me know your thoughts on God. You have created a God in your mind that bows to your thinking, your ways, an idol. I serve the God of the Bible and in his own words says he is the Lord God and he knows no others. Like I said earlier, until we can agree the Bible is God's word and the authority we turn to with our differences then to debate is futile. I personally will stand on God's word as my authority.

• Upvote 5

sadly you are mistaken. the major religions have a thread that runs through the old testament. God has given us a free will, your statement that God wouldn't of allowed that is totally off basis and lets me know your thoughts on God. You have created a God in your mind that bows to your thinking, your ways, an idol. I serve the God of the Bible and in his own words says he is the Lord God and he knows no others. Like I said earlier, until we can agree the Bible is God's word and the authority we turn to with our differences then to debate is futile. I personally will stand on God's word as my authority.

I come in peace, my friend. My words are not meant to ridicule your beliefs.

It's impossible to know if I am "mistaken" by a cursory reading of a few words on a blog. You didn't ask one question. You simply assumed that, since I don't speak as you do, then I must be wrong, according to your beliefs.

Well, here is what I "stand on", my friend. I profess ignorance before God. I profess helplessness relative to understanding all His ways. I profess my need to know more about Him, our Creator. But you are asserting that you absolutely know God, even though you are a tiny created "thing". And you surmise this from studying one of many Holy Books.

Yes, there is a "thread" that runs through the Old Testament. None of us can fathom when it began nor when it will end, despite what the also limited preachers and theologians say otherwise. And it surely hasn't ended with you, your limited perceptions of it, nor those of any other human being.

In other words, I'm saying that the reality of God and, therefore, His purpose for the human race, can never be contained in one Book. So it's possible that my belief in God is greater than your own. Just possible...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I come in peace, my friend. My words are not meant to ridicule your beliefs.

It's impossible to know if I am "mistaken" by a cursory reading of a few words on a blog. You didn't ask one question. You simply assumed that, since I don't speak as you do, then I must be wrong, according to your beliefs.

Well, here is what I "stand on", my friend. I profess ignorance before God. I profess helplessness relative to understanding all His ways. I profess my need to know more about Him, our Creator. But you are asserting that you absolutely know God, even though you are a tiny created "thing". And you surmise this from studying one of many Holy Books.

Yes, there is a "thread" that runs through the Old Testament. None of us can fathom when it began nor when it will end, despite what the also limited preachers and theologians say otherwise. And it surely hasn't ended with you, your limited perceptions of it, nor those of any other human being.

In other words, I'm saying that the reality of God and, therefore, His purpose for the human race, can never be contained in one Book. So it's possible that my belief in God is greater than your own. Just possible...

once again I'll correct you. God is more than able to reveal himself to mankind in one book, the Bible. you place God in your box by claiming he can't do that. there are too many things in the bible to limit anyone from making the claim you have made. I am in a hospital with my daughter who the God of the bible raised from the dead monday. God answered our prayers, when you are 600 miles away and the Holy Spirit instructs you to bing that spirit of death from your daughter at the time she is being taken from you and then raises her up to life, you nor any of the worldly/secular/demonic doctrine will ever convince me that you are on the right path, there is a way that seems right to a man but its end leads to destruction!

• Upvote 6

once again I'll correct you. God is more than able to reveal himself to mankind in one book, the Bible. you place God in your box by claiming he can't do that. there are too many things in the bible to limit anyone from making the claim you have made. I am in a hospital with my daughter who the God of the bible raised from the dead monday. God answered our prayers, when you are 600 miles away and the Holy Spirit instructs you to bing that spirit of death from your daughter at the time she is being taken from you and then raises her up to life, you nor any of the worldly/secular/demonic doctrine will ever convince me that you are on the right path, there is a way that seems right to a man but its end leads to destruction!

Very well said. I pray for your family and you daughter. It really confuses me when the bible is so clear that God used the Jewish people as an instrument to bring Jesus into this world in order to bring salvation to everyone who desires it. The bible is extremely clear that Jesus is the only way to God, that God inspired the bible, and that condemns false religions and false gods.

It is frustrating when I hear people claim they are Christians, but then don't believe in Jesus or what the bible says.

Either, be blessed, my friend. Keep speaking the truth and have a ready answer for all who ask.

• Upvote 4

Smee i will add this, noone has the right to judge another that is left up to the creator. We can tell a tree by the fruit it bears but that is all. To say another is or is not a christian or their prayers is worthless is bordering judgement upon our selfs. I believe God looks at prayers in different ways. Honest, sincere, caring. The greatest comandment is to love one another. Just remember that are always people thats gonna want to yank the chains for their amusement. Leave the judgements up to God unless you want to be judged accordingly. As for me i will not pass judgement on anyone.

Thank you Heavyduty053, cause I was starting to feel judged and that all my prayers that I offered up for the members, all the heartaches/crosses that I chose to carry for some were simply lost, that is lost in their hearts, not mine. Its a horrible feeling to feel that your prayers are not accepted. :(

• Upvote 3

getting back to the original post, and trying not to offend anyone.. but for myself, to give prayer and to ask for prayer is a selfless act and should not be judged ever. When my mother was suffering through cancer, many people offered prayer for her health and recovery, it did not once occur to me or any one in the family or my mother, as to which demonination the prayer was coming from, if it needed to be discussed before it was accepted, it as all prayers for one another, should never be judged or not accepted, it doesn't matter how you pray or who you pray too, if the higher power in your religion is left to judge people on earth, let that higher power do it, we as people spend far too much time interpreting and judging those around us, worrying about how others live and die, when we should be forgiving , loving and caring of our fellow man, sorry if i offended anyone, but, we all live together on the same planet, right? stop judging and show a little unconditional love to everyone

• Upvote 8

Thank you for your "correction". As for "my God", there is only one, the creator of the the entire universe.

It's truly wonderful that your daughter was brought back to life. Seriously. As you should know, many people have been granted God's grace in this way. I am one of them.

As for your misunderstanding of my words to you, it's okay. Let's just say that you have your understanding and beliefs, and I have mine.

Let's go our separate ways in peace, like Jesus instructed his disciples to do. That is, if God had not willed that it was their time to give their lives.

Amen, RyukinD. That's the true spirit of belief and faith, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wow ... to start with the mother of Jesus was not, repeat NOT Mary Magdalene. That particular Mary was a prostitute who came to Jesus, confessed her sins basically, and was taken into the inner circle of Jesus and his disciples.

And God is a very jealous God? That is part of the reason I have questions. Is not jealousy something Jesus warned against? It is a sin, something we are not to indulge in. God, Jesus, perfect beings ... and it is okay that they have this "sin" of jealousy so deeply rooted that "He expects praise and worship from his creation"?

Easy, I enjoy reading your opinions about the dinar and RV and all things pertaining thereto. But in this I think you are off track. Again, just my opinion.

Smee, you are correct, and thanks for pointing that out. There is big difference between Mary Magdeline who was caught in sin, and Mary the mother of Jesus, who was a virgin at the time of the Lords birth.

GOD BLESS!!! LORD SEND THE RAIN!!!

• Upvote 2

Thank you Heavyduty053, cause I was starting to feel judged and that all my prayers that I offered up for the members, all the heartaches/crosses that I chose to carry for some were simply lost, that is lost in their hearts, not mine. Its a horrible feeling to feel that your prayers are not accepted. :(

Patty, I just want you to know how much appreciate every time you have ever prayed for me, I know it has been many. You are one of the most generous, kind, loving and sincere people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.... thank you dear lady.

• Upvote 1

Very well said. I pray for your family and you daughter. It really confuses me when the bible is so clear that God used the Jewish people as an instrument to bring Jesus into this world in order to bring salvation to everyone who desires it. The bible is extremely clear that Jesus is the only way to God, that God inspired the bible, and that condemns false religions and false gods.

It is frustrating when I hear people claim they are Christians, but then don't believe in Jesus or what the bible says.

Either, be blessed, my friend. Keep speaking the truth and have a ready answer for all who ask.

Even in a "secular" court of law, defendants are at least given the opportunity to defend themselves. Questions are necessarily asked. And quite often the answers lead to a dismissal, acquital, etc.

None of you have the ability to read a person's heart, like Jesus. So why don't you ask questions before consigning me and the majority of the world to hell, or whatever domain you have reserved for people whose understanding is "somewhat" different from your own? Because, when I was a child I read and accepted biblical passages, even the one that states "I am the way, the truth and the light..."

• Upvote 1

The way I feel is that if anyone were to pray for me in whatever paryer form, religion, what have you - I would appreciate it and feel blessed that they care about me and what happens to me. End of my story.

• Upvote 3

The way I feel is that if anyone were to pray for me in whatever paryer form, religion, what have you - I would appreciate it and feel blessed that they care about me and what happens to me. End of my story.

GOOD words. I believe they made Jesus, Moses, Zoroaster, the Buddha, the Prophet Muhammad ----whomever your spiritual focus is --- happy.

• Upvote 1

Well see ... now ... THIS is the type of answer I was looking for. A straight forward, almost "yes or no" type of response. Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

Why? because opening a thread that touched on religion on this forum was bound to become an discussion, and debate, and go tearing off in multiple directions, with people who all believe they have the right of things, and everyone else is wrong. And that applies to each and every opinion that includes any religious beliefs.

Rare is the person who does not feel the need to quantify or justify their beliefs when it comes to God. I knew this would happen but in truth, I had hoped that perhaps if I asked in a pointed way, and really stressed short answers, maybe people would not be reaching for their bibles to support their words. I was looking for feelings and belief, but not the why of it all.

Still, some of these responses have been very helpful. Thanks to those who did not try to turn this into a discussion or debate. For those who did, I hope you got that out of your system for a while.

Thanks to all ...

:)

smee2

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Remember this everyone, a prayer is an act of kindness shown for someone you care about. To many are quick to find something wrong in some act of goodness. The lost is theirs not yours. Your father in heaven knows the intent of your heart and thats all that matters. You do not have to second guess yourself. Sscond guess works to the good of satan and only causes doubt within ourselves. Offers of prayer may not set well for everyone but even tho they may resent the act in some cases you may pray from your heart in silence. God hears every prayer from every human being every minute of everyday.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No matter who or what you pray to, for the most part, prayer is a selfish act. So is eating, drinking, exercising, etc., so it isn't a bad thing. If someone is kind enough to pray for me instead of themselves, I can't help but be thankful for that act of selfless behavior.

As for who or what you pray too...well, that is an argument that typically generates anger and self righteousness. I find it best to believe what I believe, pray to whom (not a "what" for me) I believe is listening (and can do something about it), and let others pray as they see fit... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Smee, I believe the Lord Jesus died on the cross for All of our sins, was buried, then rose from the grave and transcended into heaven and now sits by our father God and we can only get into heaven through believing in Jesus.

Nothing else matters to me. I don't care what religion you are, if someone wants to pray for me please do I need all the help I can get!

Mitch.

• Upvote 4

I believe that God loves all His children, and he collects them to His Heart in many ways. I believe God is big enough to reveal Himself in those many ways in order to, first get the attention, and then the heart and love of each of His children, all created as they are by Him, and each one of whom has his/her own God-created ways of thinking, accepting, and loving. Therefore each of them has his/her own special way of connecting to God. The Divine Creator created each of us as quite unique in all of humankind, and He knew that many paths back to Him would be necessary. The only problem with this is man-made--human beings, in their imperfections, tend to argue about which faith is the so-called "right" one, the so-called "perfect" one.

• Upvote 2