Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Forex Currency Analyst

6-5-2012 "While the Iraqi Dinar has become a currency-du-jour of sorts, with many so-called experts claiming that it is a smart investment option for foreign exchange traders, the current underlying fundamentals of Iraq and the Middle East on the whole make it an unappealing trading opportunity for the time being and years to come. Primarily, there is no market for the Iraqi Dinar (spot: USDIQD) right now. Starting in 2004, following the US led invasion of Iraq, the Dinar has faced illiquid market conditions amid continued uncertainty of the political outlook of the country. Despite appreciating from 2004 to early 2009, since February 2009, the USDIQD has held steady near a de facto currency peg of 1 US Dollar = 1170.00 Iraqi Dinar. In January 2012, it weakened to 1165.00. Despite these conditions, investors are still drawn to the prospect of a POLITICALLY STABLE Iraq in the future, and, more likely, finding exposure to movements in oil – good reasons to invest in a potential commodity. Currently, Iraq’s oil reserves are the second largest in the world – a scintillating prospect for investment should Iraq increase the number of barrels of oil it exports a day. However, given that there are few buyers and sellers of the Iraqi Dinar currently, those seeking to expose themselves to the prospect of appreciating oil prices should look elsewhere." http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundamental/article/special_report/2012/06/05/Want_to_Trade_the_Iraqi_Dinar.html

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

6-5-2012 "While the Iraqi Dinar has become a currency-du-jour of sorts, with many so-called experts claiming that it is a smart investment option for foreign exchange traders, the current underlying fundamentals of Iraq and the Middle East on the whole make it an unappealing trading opportunity for the time being and years to come. Primarily, there is no market for the Iraqi Dinar (spot: USDIQD) right now. Starting in 2004, following the US led invasion of Iraq, the Dinar has faced illiquid market conditions amid continued uncertainty of the political outlook of the country. Despite appreciating from 2004 to early 2009, since February 2009, the USDIQD has held steady near a de facto currency peg of 1 US Dollar = 1170.00 Iraqi Dinar. In January 2012, it weakened to 1165.00. Despite these conditions, investors are still drawn to the prospect of a POLITICALLY STABLE Iraq in the future, and, more likely, finding exposure to movements in oil – good reasons to invest in a potential commodity. Currently, Iraq’s oil reserves are the second largest in the world – a scintillating prospect for investment should Iraq increase the number of barrels of oil it exports a day. However, given that there are few buyers and sellers of the Iraqi Dinar currently, those seeking to expose themselves to the prospect of appreciating oil prices should look elsewhere." http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundamental/article/special_report/2012/06/05/Want_to_Trade_the_Iraqi_Dinar.html

OK, I'll take a stab at this...

"Primarily, there is no market for the Iraqi Dinar."

There's no market because Iraq is under Ch7 sanctions. Remove sanctions, and voila, market.

"...the USDIQD has held steady near a de facto currency peg of 1 US Dollar = 1170.00 Iraqi Dinar."

Of course it's held steady. It's held there by the CBI.

"In January 2012, it weakened to 1165.00."

I must not be paying very close attention, but isn't IQD going from 1170 to 1166 a strengthening of the dinar, not a weakening?

I'm just a humble mortgage guy, but this guy seems to be making some pretty poor arguments for an expert.

By the way, why can't these folks ever get a big name to address this? I remember, a few months ago, Forbes Magazine came all the way down to little ole Birmingham, Alabama, and talked to some no name financial adviser, when they could have literally talked to ANYONE.

• Upvote 16

There's no market because Iraq is under Ch7 sanctions. Remove sanctions, and voila, market.

"...the USDIQD has held steady near a de facto currency peg of 1 US Dollar = 1170.00 Iraqi Dinar."

I must not be paying very close attention, but isn't IQD going from 1170 to 1166 a strengthening of the dinar, not a weakening?

I'm just a humble mortgage guy, but this guy seems to be making some pretty poor arguments for an expert.

By the way, why can't these folks ever get a big name to address this? I remember, a few months ago, Forbes Magazine came all the way down to little ole Birmingham, Alabama, and talked to some no name financial adviser, when they could have literally talked to ANYONE.

+1 Thanks for the post " I agree 100%" :mellow:

Yeah, what he said.

View PostSWFloridaGuy, on 05 June 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

6-5-2012 "While the Iraqi Dinar has become a currency-du-jour of sorts, with many so-called experts claiming that it is a smart investment option for foreign exchange traders, the current underlying fundamentals of Iraq and the Middle East on the whole make it an unappealing trading opportunity for the time being and years to come. Primarily, there is no market for the Iraqi Dinar (spot: USDIQD) right now. Starting in 2004, following the US led invasion of Iraq, the Dinar has faced illiquid market conditions amid continued uncertainty of the political outlook of the country. Despite appreciating from 2004 to early 2009, since February 2009, the USDIQD has held steady near a de facto currency peg of 1 US Dollar = 1170.00 Iraqi Dinar. In January 2012, it weakened to 1165.00. Despite these conditions, investors are still drawn to the prospect of a POLITICALLY STABLE Iraq in the future, and, more likely, finding exposure to movements in oil – good reasons to invest in a potential commodity. Currently, Iraq’s oil reserves are the second largest in the world – a scintillating prospect for investment should Iraq increase the number of barrels of oil it exports a day. However, given that there are few buyers and sellers of the Iraqi Dinar currently, those seeking to expose themselves to the prospect of appreciating oil prices should look elsewhere." http://www.dailyfx.c...raqi_Dinar.html

Read more:

I don't fully agree with SWFL comment but I think his comment of the Dinar going from 1170 to 1165 as a "Weakening" was more so for those buying the Dinar would receive less Dinars to the dollar and that would be a Weakening situation but for those already having made purchase(s) of the Dinar then when the values of the Dinar to the dollar comes down and becomes available to trade then that is a strengthening situation.

Also removal of Iraq out of Chapter 7 will thus allow Iraq to conduct business on all open markets

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My Father told me be carefull not to boast about knowledge your unsure about? because you just may be standing next to the person who knows! NICE WORK ReVbo

Looks like SWFloridaGuys, Father should have had a talk with him?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ok, so this so called annalist if that is really what he is has made some fundamental errors in his summation of the IQD and furthermore who at Forex approved this guys opinion to be published under their shingle?

This guy missed on many details.

Was the IQD not something like 4000 / 1 in the beginning and has moved to where it is today?

Also I wonder why they don't at least give some credence to the argument that Iraq is posturing to regain status back in the world.

Why this one sided view and not a fair assessment from all angles.

Makes me go hum.............

More of the financial mentality that has it all figured out and no need for us to pursue any further...

Quad B)

• Upvote 2

I don't fully agree with SWFL comment but I think his comment of the Dinar going from 1170 to 1165 as a "Weakening" was more so for those buying the Dinar would receive less Dinars to the dollar and that would be a Weakening situation but for those already having made purchase(s) of the Dinar then when the values of the Dinar to the dollar comes down and becomes available to trade then that is a strengthening situation.

Also removal of Iraq out of Chapter 7 will thus allow Iraq to conduct business on all open markets

Well, then, here's hoping it "weakens" to 1:1.

My Father told me be carefull not to boast about knowledge your unsure about? because you just may be standing next to the person who knows! NICE WORK ReVbo

That wasn't SWFG's post. He was just posting some amateur hour stuff from some 8th-rate Forex site. SW is one of the good guys. Thanks, btw.

Edited by ReVbo
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

None of that was posted from my point of view. I was just bringing in an article I found. Many economists and so caled "forex pros" haven't the foggiest idea of what's going on with Iraq's currency and their opinions tend to reflect that. I was just looking for feedback and fishing for some educated responses. You notice there is a link posted there, doesn't take you to an article of mine does it? If you're going to criticize me, put some more effort into it. I'm game :)

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 7

name='SWFloridaGuy' date='05 June 2012 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1338938371' post='971767']

None of that was posted from my point of view. I was just bringing in an article I found. Many economists and so caled "forex pros" haven't the foggiest idea of what's going on with Iraq's currency and their opinions tend to reflect that. I was just looking for feedback and fishing for some educated responses. You notice there is a link posted there, doesn't take you to an article of mine does it? If you're going to criticize me, put some more effort into it. I'm game :)

You might be right SWFloridaGuy here is the commentary with Bull's and the Bear's!! Here the latest Comments with link!! :D

m.e willis wrote:Submitted on: 2012-06-02 11:58:40any moment now...........

Start Price: 1165.13

Change: -0.32%

K.T. King wrote:Submitted on: 2012-05-23 14:04:57IRAQ already said what they are going to do, which is print new currency in September and then remove the three zeros in January! CBI has the plan and has informed everyone. NOTHING HAPPENING UNTIL 2013!

Start Price: 1165.25

Close Price: 1166.50

Change: -0.11%

gilbert grigsby wrote:Submitted on: 2012-05-22 22:49:03Know one but IRAQ KNOWS what`s gonna happend!!!

Start Price: 1170.05

Close Price: 1163.30

Change: 0.58%

K.T. King wrote:Submitted on: 2012-05-21 10:35:54CBI has said that new notes will begin to be printed in September with currency change happening in January 2013. NOTHING IS HAPPENING UNTIL 2013!!!! Watch the news coming out of Iraq from CBI.

Start Price: 1155.15

Close Price: 1170.05

Change: -1.29%

gilbert grigsby wrote:Submitted on: 2012-05-21 02:48:07THIS THING IS HAPPENING SOON!!!!

Start Price: 1153.65

Close Price: 1170.05

Change: -1.42%

gilbert grigsby wrote:Submitted on: 2012-05-21 01:23:58oh yea it`s moving down down down!!

Start Price: 1153.65

Close Price: 1153.65

Change: 0.00%

eduardo moran wrote:Submitted on: 2012-05-20 22:30:11RRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV,GGGGGGOOOOOOO

Start Price: 1154.85

Close Price: 1165.25

Change: -0.90%

K.T. King wrote:Submitted on: 2012-05-15 14:58:44CBI reports that printing of new currency with new languages will take place in September and in January 2013 deletion of three zeros (LOP) will take place....meaning that current dinar bills with three zeros will effectivly be dropped in value amount. This has nothing to do with the rate, as the ...

Start Price: 1165.00

Close Price: 1165.38

Change: -0.03%

eduardo moran wrote:Submitted on: 2012-05-15 10:29:29go rv

Start Price: 1165.25

Close Price: 1165.38

Change: -0.01%

gilbert grigsby wrote:Submitted on: 2012-05-12 00:13:14i am not a GURU! i don`t sell DINAR i am invester in the currency that`s all!! GO RV! http://www.forexpros.com/currencies/usd-iqd-commentary

Edited by yota691

O no not intened to insult you! :tiphat: I have always enjoyed your post! :twothumbs: just a mis-understanding of me not paying attention again :confused: , and sticking my foot in my mouth. Sorry if I offended you SWFloridaGuy

Intended for the so called "forex pros"

• Upvote 2

O no not intened to insult you! :tiphat: I have always enjoyed your post! :twothumbs: just a mis-understanding of me not paying attention again :confused: , and sticking my foot in my mouth. Sorry if I offended you SWFloridaGuy

Intended for the so called "forex pros"

Thanks for that. Cheers brotha and Freeeeeeedom!!! :)

It seems like many of these so called "pro's" and "experts" are comming up off of using the word "scam". I guess they are beginning to do their homework a bit more these days.

They're not doing enough.

I love this guy!

Educated responses? I'm done, and btw, Brisco is a good guy.

Edited by KamelKeeper

It should be blatantly obvious that most " forex guys" love making money off of trading, but even more so they love making money off of uneducated people. They pass off their advice in a sense that is going to make them money off of you, not you making money off of their "advice". They will never really tell you anything good about dinar investment, because there is no direct way for them to make money off of ol uneducated Joe. I haven't met a trader yet that really is sharing any way for you to make real money, without first making his...

• Upvote 1

Right now, the biggest danger facing Iraq's economy is the possibility of a world oil pricing collapse. The Iraqi budget is based on $85 barrel oil which is still above that figure.

Should oil prices collapse due to the worldwide economic depression & less demand, this will kill projected budget earnings.

Saudia Arabia & other OPEC members are in economic downturns as well. They are exceeding their quotas to make up for lost revenues. A world glut of oil on the markets will cause a collapse if not put into check.

Saudi Arabia also threatened to flood the world with cheap oil to kill the Shite controlled government in Iraq.

Once again oil is being used as a weapon. This time it may be falling prices. Cheap oil is just as bad as too expensive oil in the global economies.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Luigi, thank you for your comments. Itis a reminder that this whole dinar deal is just a part of what is going on that most of us do not realize. We are a small part of a very convoluted situation that ebbs and flows like the tide, and something news washes up, dead or alive, and we have to watch a new situation arrive to be dealt with. Trippod, this roller coaster is up and own, it has been a great educational experience, whether you like it or not. We trudge up the track, and then experience the thrill of the fall, only to start up again. Once day we will fall to the bottom on the track and stay there, hit the ground running, and straight to a bank. B)