Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Biden visits Iraq today ..

yota691

Biden visits Iraq today ..

History of edits :: 1338879322 • twenty-four once readable

story_img_4fcdad5a60196.jpg

Intends to U.S. Vice President Joe Biden visit Baghdad on Tuesday, and meet with government officials and leaders of blocs to discuss a number of files.

News reports quoted U.S. sources familiar with that Biden will visit Baghdad to look closely on what is going on in the Iraqi political arena.

observers confirmed that the visit is to put pressure on some blocks, which did not name to end the political crisis, but did not reveal what is in the quiver of Biden on the current crisis. / 4

Updating :: 06/05/2012 10:55

http://www1.alforattv.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=75351

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Another false report - tomorrow they will claim that Biden didn't show because Iraq told him to stay home. :rolleyes:

VP Biden

For Immediate Release June 05, 2012

Vice President Biden, Secretary Duncan, CFPB Director Cordray and College Presidents Meet About Transparency of College Costs

Today, Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Richard Cordray and Domestic Policy Council Director Cecilia Muñoz will meet with presidents and leaders from ten colleges and universities who will commit to providing key financial information to all of their incoming students starting next year. Following the meeting, Secretary of Education Arne Duncan and Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Richard Cordray will join Press Secretary Jay Carney in the briefing room where they will call on all college and university presidents to make the same commitment to provide easy-to-understand financial data about their higher education investment...............

:rocking-chair:

If this is true then it must have been leaked.

No public schedule today

Vice President's Schedule - June 5, 2012

Subscribe to Vice President's Schedule - June 5, 2012Add Events to iCal Format: 06-05-2012mm-dd-yyyy View by:Week Day Previous Tuesday, June 5 2012All Times ET Next

No public schedule.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/vice-president/2012-06-05

Come on Biden, a full GOI before you get back!!

Quiver..an arrow, I wonder what the Iraqi word was that translated to this?

Either case, come on GOI, Erbil, Ch.7 and RV!!!

-lionfish

Looks like its not happening, regardless, I thought that was

actually a good analogy. A quiver is where you keep your arrows.

I think Bidens quiver is full of gaffs personally, like....Boy there's

a lot of Arabs here!....or, Hey Maliki, it was a long flight, can I get

a scotch? I know you must have the good stuff. :D

• Upvote 2

No public schedule today

Subscribe to Vice President's Schedule - June 5, 2012Add Events to iCal Format: 06-05-2012mm-dd-yyyy View by:Week Day Previous Tuesday, June 5 2012All Times ET Next

No public schedule.

This schedule is a total waste of web space - nothing is ever listed until after the event and then only certain items are listed. :P

The press release I posted above states that he is in a meeting locally today. He is not traveling to Iraq.

He has another meeting tomorrow at Winston-Salem. Not enough hours in between to go to Iraq. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rocking-chair:

No public schedule today

No public schedule.

Really??? Someone would really want to subscribe to that??? WOW I wonder who? I thought you just had to go to the OBR. Obama ***** Report.

No public schedule today

No public schedule.

they would not advertise a trip to iraq for security reasons, IF he goes over we won't know about it till he is nearly on his way back.

• Upvote 1

Biden....seriously? That's who someone thinks will help Iraq. Geeze!!!! I hope someone very intelligent wrote everything down for him and he is only allowed to hand the note to someone. The man could screw up Kool-Aid!!!

We need to send Tony Soprano over there. They wont say no to him.

I wonder if Biden knows he is suppose to be in Iraq today? :o

Ol Joe boarded the wrong plane...............................again,and will now give the commencement speech at the University of Peru in arabic. DOH :lol::lol::lol: I wonder who will be more confused,the graduates or Ol Joe?

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Since today is Tuesday here, but Wednesday there, and Biden being who he is.........he was probably there yesterday but didn't know it!! It's a move he learned from Barry.

PBZYj.St.56.jpeg

A Cypress Bay High School student wears a cap adorned with the words "FREE AT LAST!" as Vice President Joe Biden delivers the commencement address to the Cypress Bay High School graduates at Marlins Park in Miami Monday, June 4, 2012. CHARLES

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/04/2832897/vice-president-joe-biden-tells.html?asset_id=2832944&asset_type=gallery#storylink=cpy

• Upvote 1

Biden....seriously? That's who someone thinks will help Iraq. Geeze!!!! I hope someone very intelligent wrote everything down for him and he is only allowed to hand the note to someone. The man could screw up Kool-Aid!!!

Pin it to his shirt... that would be a fantastic image of him getting off the plane with his Dukes of Hazard lunch pail and a note pinned to his shirt.

Biden may well have traveled to Iraq to deal with the political mess there. He has gone there on previous ocassions for that purpose.

I also saw a report a few days ago that he would be going to iraq.

While news reports may show him going to other places, they are likely a cover for security reasons. After all, he

is the VP of the USA and Iraq still has substantial security issues.

When was the last time any US president or vp announced a trip to Iraq in advance? Security concerns do not permit it.

Joe Biden in Baghdad to solve crisis

BAGHDAD

Joe Biden. AFP photo

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden was scheduled to arrive in Baghdad yesterday to discuss the political crisis that has engulfed the country since the last U.S. soldier left the country.

According to the Anatolia news agency, Biden will meet with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, and Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) leader Masoud Barzani, as well as other top officials from the secular Iraqiya bloc and Shiite al-Sadr movement. Meanwhile, Iraqi lawmakers, aiming to unseat al-Maliki with a no-confidence vote, delivered their request to the president, and Talabani set up a commission to oversee the process. Lawmakers collected 172 votes, which is enough to take a no-confidence vote against al-Maliki. Also, election authorities in the KRG indefinitely postponed provincial polls scheduled for September because of laws restricting minority voting rights, Agence France-Presse reported. The delay further extends the period between Iraq’s nationwide provincial council elections in January 2009 and similar polls being conducted in the three-province Kurdish region.

June/06/2012

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/joe-biden-in-baghdad-to-solve-crisis.aspx?pageID=238&nid=22489&NewsCatID=358

• Upvote 1

Already posted. Go here to comment

Closing topic.

************Since SocalDinar said this article was different from the other one, I have reopened his thread and merged it

with the other one.*******************

Edited by TexasGranny
reopened topic and merged with other one
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1