Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tariff Laws posted in the Gazette June 1, 2012

yota691

SocalDinar, first, please don't sell yourself short with the blue collar stuff.

The tariffs that are going into effect will make the cost of the goods coming into the country more expensive, which includes a major portion of the food. The Iraqis have a rich country, but it is in oil. The agriculture and other industries required to run a society have not been built up so that Iraq is a selfsustaining country. They must bring food in from other countries to survive (at this time). Saddam destroyed one of the richest agricultural regions in the Middle East, and it will come back, but for now, they must import food and clothing at a mimimum.

The tariffs will add to the purchasing price of the product, so poor people would be deeply affected by a tariff. It has been thought that the RV would have to take place prior to June 30 2012 in order that the people that can afford it the least, would not be unduly impacted. If the tariffs have been postponed previously, and the June 30, 2012 date is the lastest implementation date. If the tariffs are on, the RV is on.

The June 1 vs June 30 issue goes round and round and is still muddy for me. If the tariffs are in affect as of June 1, 2012, then prices have gone up. No RV yet, so the poor people are impacted.

I hope that helped.

Thank You KamelKeeper,

Seems like a tarriff on basic needs, food , clothing etc... is unjust unless there is a way to raise the income of the Iraqi people.

Now if it was so called "luxury " items that we take for granted such as televisions, microwaves, toasters etc... I could understand.

It would create investment in local manufacturing. Our tariffs here in the US on such " luxury " items are almost nothing, less than 2%.

Maybe we can learn something here if this works for Iraq. I believe that manufacturing is needed for a country to be strong. These may not

be get rich jobs but money is relative. If you have never had it you never miss it.

Unlike us here holding dinars who don't have it but we really really miss it.!! LOL

Thanks again and have a great weekend

• Upvote 1

From what I understand, the additional costs associated with the tariffs will further cripple the Iraqi blue collar guy, (and everyone else for that matter) by making goods more expensive. This puts more pressure on the GOI and CBI to raise the value of the dinar.

If I'm wrong, I trust the folks here will correct me and we'll both be "edumicated" :D

That's edjumacated.:P

• Upvote 1