Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

what seems to be likely

joe123

I have been in this game for about 6 months. I have to say that there have been ups and downs, twists and turns, but things have remained the same since i have gotten in. i do look at the news postings first in dinarvets but i find myself looking in the rumors section for encouragement. I am starting to understand what people are talking about when they mention "the rollcoaster ride."

The rumors give me hope that it will be before march 19th, but that really is not anything of substance. Just like in a court room, it only matters what you can prove.

The facts weigh in that it will occur after the 19th for the following reasons. Facts - 1. The sanctions will not be lifted at least until April 1. Dinar purchases are going thru the roof. Therefore there is still money to be made for Iraq. Not even we would give up something that is making profit. 3. The IMF obligations are "near completion" - meaning that there is still more to complete. What I am not sure?

These statements to follow are my way of thinking, and i have no source to back them up. It seems that Iraq's best interest is to lop the dinar rather than a straight reevaluation. The reason would be simple. If they lopped off 2 or 3 zeros, and then RV'ed then all people would win. Iraq would enter back in to the world market with a value that would be stronger and more reflect to the value of goods that they have, while at the same time, not throwing their economy into kaos and spiraling downward. and then what ever the RV above 1:1 is would be a percentage of increase for the speculator. So if it was a 1:3.2 RV after the lop then that would represent a 220% increase for the speculator. Which is not terribly bad. It just is not what i had hoped for. What i don't know is if there are IMF regulations against this or not? Any insight to this would be appreciated?

Over all it will occur after the 19th but which venue will be taken i do not know for sure.

thanks

joe

"1. The sanctions will not be lifted at least until April 1" - and you know this because why? Can you provide a link to your "fact?"

2 "Dinar purchases are going thru the roof. Therefore there is still money to be made for Iraq. Not even we would give up something that is making profit." - so you also know this as a fact? How much money does Iraq make on every 1 million dinar that is sold? Can you provide charts or figures supporting you claim that sells are through the roof? My facts are as good as yours btw, because I dont have links....but here goes-Iraq is buying Dinar back, not selling it.

As far as your thinking goes.....if there was a lop, we would make money in a 2 zero lop, which has not been discussed in any publication in Iraq so I have no clue where you are getting this...if it is a 3 zero lop then you break even.

Relax, the RV is close.

you are correct there is no article to base the fact on a 2 zero lop. i was decribing a senario. The April 1 date is a minium. It could be longer. That is part of the events to take place on that date that both THe IMF and the UN wil have both direct and indirect influence over. This has been discussed in earliy news posting throughout The news forum. I do apoligize if this has caused you some distress, that was not my intention. It just that someof the facts that are there make this a plausible outcome. It does not make it true.

Big D, here's the proof the the Dinar is selling in a big way. Look at their stock exchange and see how many dinars sold. Here's a story for you.

ISX index down by 2.4%, closes at 98 points

ISX index down by 2.4%, closes at 98 points

March 15, 2010 - 03:19:03

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi Stock Exchange (ISX) index on Monday registered a drop of 2.4% to close at 98 points as rates of shares of 34 out of a total 38 companies that traded in today’s session fell.

The number of shares exchanging on Monday (March 15) exceeded 633 million worth more than one billion Iraqi dinars through 347 deals, of which non-Iraqi investors grabbed 4 purchase deals worth more than 77.550 million Iraqi dinars over the banking sector and two selling deals worth more than 5.866 million Iraqi dinars over the banking and services sectors.

The banking sector came in the lead with 71% of the shares through 189 deals, followed by the industrial sector with 12% of the total trading activities through 66 deals over 9 industrial firms.

The ISX witnessed its first e-trading session on April 19, 2009 over five registered companies, three banks and two hotels. The banks were: Ashur International Bank (AIB), Al-Mansour Bank and the Iraqi Credit Bank while the hotels were: Ashtar Hotel and Al-Mansour Hotel.

On June 7, the Iraqi Middle East Investment Bank and the Warka Bank joined the electronic trading sessions.

The ISX now holds five sessions from Sunday to Thursday.

they arent really makin much at all off selling their own currency....def not enough to pay their bills....just enough right now to keep them afloat but at the same time they are spendin more then what they are making....something has to happen soon....who in the global community would respect and invest in iraq if they lop? that shows unstability....not only that but china, france, great britian and the US have alot of dinar sittin in there reserves....why would these countries forgive huge debts to iraq and be holding large amounts of dinar which is practically worthless right now? not to mention the fact bush told the US the war would pay for itself right? well lets see....if our own govt has 4-6 trillion dinar and they lop 3 zeros they end up with a couple of billion....thats nothing to a nation these days...that def wont go very far....just thought id throw that out there