Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Dinar will RV at.....

tim, I have no vague idea what kind of rate but would assume it to be much lower than we would hope...anybody believing or stating anything approaching $12. should not be smoking that stuff...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

tim, I have no vague idea what kind of rate but would assume it to be much lower than we would hope...anybody believing or stating anything approaching $12. should not be smoking that stuff...

yes, I'm not sure what they were on but I would love a bag of it.

Central Iraqi: All zero phase in the currency in the destruction of the economy

Baghdad, the statement

Date: May 29, 2012

Central Bank of Iraq said that every zero in the Iraqi currency is a stage in the destruction of the Iraqi economy, and that the removal of zeros from the currency and a national duty. The deputy governor of the Bank, the appearance of Mohammed, in a press statement yesterday, said that the Iraqi currency re prestige to what it was before the Iran-Iraq war and a national duty, we have to be met through the implementation of the project to delete the zeros.

He stated that Iraq is trading locally four billion banknotes in different categories, regardless of value, offset 34 trillion dinars cash reserves, will double to about 90 trillion dinars in 2017, to increase the national product, and said: This requires us to accelerate the implementation of the project to delete the zeros, before of evil consequences. He added that the cost of switching the currency is a quarter of its value the truth, they bear a strong cover of 63 billion dollars.

The new benefit of his call to form a committee and the legislation a special law on the consequences and requirements to change the currency, that the Committee shall be the competent authorities, Kdioan financial control, parliamentary committees, and the Federation of Accountants, as well as civil society organizations, and others, to decide the fate of the project.

http://translate.goo....AO3jaI_AVfDMhw

pre Iran iraq war rates

1971 One Iraqi dinar remained equal to US$2.80 until December 1971, when major realignments of world currencies began.

1973 Upon the devaluation of the United States dollar in 1973, the Iraqi Dinar appreciated to US$3.39.

1980 It remained at this level until the outbreak of the Iran-Iraq War in 1980.

the Iran Iraq war started in September 1980 lasted till 1988

http://www.edinarfin...net/history.php

I think it will come out at 4.068 USD to 1 IQD

based on this information and an article i found during some research for a school paper, the IMF has given permission to Dr. Shabibi, to Reinstate the pre Iran Iraq war rate plus 20% for inflation! As we see, from the above blurb and link, they have also said this! doing the math, comes to a rate of 1 IQD to 4.068 USD.

GO RV/RI

• Upvote 12

pre Iran iraq war rates

1971 One Iraqi dinar remained equal to US$2.80 until December 1971, when major realignments of world currencies began.

1973 Upon the devaluation of the United States dollar in 1973, the Iraqi Dinar appreciated to US$3.39.

1980 It remained at this level until the outbreak of the Iran-Iraq War in 1980.

the Iran Iraq war started in September 1980 lasted till 1988

http://www.edinarfin...net/history.php

I think it will come out at 4.068 USD to 1 IQD

based on this information and an article i found during some research for a school paper, the IMF has given permission to Dr. Shabibi, to Reinstate the pre Iran Iraq war rate plus 20% for inflation! As we see, from the above blurb and link, they have also said this! doing the math, comes to a rate of 1 IQD to 4.068 USD.

GO RV/RI

I like it !!!!

• Upvote 1

Ok, I haven't been here long and I've seen SOOOOO many guesses at what it's going to RV at and it's been from one extreme to the next.

I've seen, as in posts in this thread, that it's going to RV at pre-war levels which is all well and good but we have to look at total circulation

as well. I can't actually believe that I'm finally going to get to use this math I learned in school that I never thought I'd need but here goes.

Hopefully this will come across correctly.

Ok, from what I've seen in 1994 there was 11,500,000,000,000 dinar in circulation and it was valued at $3.22US.

And in 2010 there was 61,393,100,000,000 in circulation, which is approximately 5.339X more in circulation than

in 1994. That huge leap in circulation has to be taken into account. Factoring the increased circulation of dinar,

"IF" they were to RV at pre-war numbers that would put them at a rate of $.603109 or $.60 cents. And if we look at

an increase of 20% for inflation, as has been stated here, we would be looking at an RV of approximately $.72 cents.

Again, I haven't been here long, but that's where I think we'll top out. Again, this is just my opinion, so take it

for what it's worth...

• Upvote 4

I can only go by what the CBI is saying. Right now they're saying that they want to move to 1000:1 so that would mean they would RV at $.001. The pre-war rates are irrelevant until their money supply returns to pre-war levels.

Ok, I haven't been here long and I've seen SOOOOO many guesses at what it's going to RV at and it's been from one extreme to the next.

I've seen, as in posts in this thread, that it's going to RV at pre-war levels which is all well and good but we have to look at total circulation

as well. I can't actually believe that I'm finally going to get to use this math I learned in school that I never thought I'd need but here goes.

Hopefully this will come across correctly.

Ok, from what I've seen in 1994 there was 11,500,000,000,000 dinar in circulation and it was valued at $3.22US.

And in 2010 there was 61,393,100,000,000 in circulation, which is approximately 5.339X more in circulation than

in 1994. That huge leap in circulation has to be taken into account. Factoring the increased circulation of dinar,

"IF" they were to RV at pre-war numbers that would put them at a rate of $.603109 or $.60 cents. And if we look at

an increase of 20% for inflation, as has been stated here, we would be looking at an RV of approximately $.72 cents.

Again, I haven't been here long, but that's where I think we'll top out. Again, this is just my opinion, so take it

for what it's worth...

to those that mention amount of currency in circulation, your forgetting one key fact...

what does the USD, Chinese yuan, and the Euro have in common? they are all on the fiat currency system. what is fiat currency? simple it is not backed by anything other then the credit, so money supply does not matter, it is simply worth what the issuing central bank says it is worth. Iraq is approved by the IMF to be the 4th currency to be allowed to use the fiat system. so to sum it up, how much dinar is in circulation does not matter if it is all a house of cards!

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

I have heard everything from $0.01 to $12.00 with reasons to support each. What is your guess as to what it will RV? What are your reasons to support why you believe what you believe?

Well, the original claim on the RV was around $3 to $4, right? That's how much the Dinar was before the invasion of Iraq. Therefore, it will RV back to that level. That's why everyone follows the IQD and bought in. Everyone was looking to multiply their investment a thousand times. If you invested around $1000, then your reward after the RV would be around $1 million.

Anything less would be negative thinking. Triple your money? Come on, guys and gals. Have you stopped believing?

If the economy can support a 10 cent RV, then it should support $1 or even $3. What has changed since we all bought our IQD?

In 1988, the Iraqi Dinar was $3.22. Sawilson states that it was $3.22 in 1994. No RD was ever discussed when all f this started. The Dinar will RV at $3.22.

• Upvote 5

I can only go by what the CBI is saying. Right now they're saying that they want to move to 1000:1 so that would mean they would RV at $.001. The pre-war rates are irrelevant until their money supply returns to pre-war levels.

Although you have your point, I believe that it isnt a way to look at a rate. They are not on the pre war monitary system. We put the new system into play (the USA).

The factors involved in an RV are much greater than simply their current monitary (currency) supply (in circulation). Also, once the rate is reset they do not need the CURRENCY to match the new rate as many think. This is due to many factors, such as electronic banking etc. One point you might want to think about or ponder is that the set rate is fixed on both sides of the trade. So if you trade in your currency the value of this currency is on both sides at trade in. THEY LOOSE NOTHING! Many do not understand this point when they make their RV evaluations.

I believe it will be AROUND 1.00 - 1.20 only because from there it will FLOAT and go up. Too many reasons to state exactly why but if any one does their own due diligence of research they will understand. Yet, ultimately they will do what is best for IRAQ for trade confidence on both sides of the trade to stabilize their nation and become a power house in the ME. Their resources are under valued and the export of oil and natural gas is constantly rising. They will become a powerful nation. ALL IMHO. I expect after the RV that within 2-3 years the rate will be at least 3.00 We will see.... :unsure:

Peace....

• Upvote 2

to those that mention amount of currency in circulation, your forgetting one key fact...

what does the USD, Chinese yuan, and the Euro have in common? they are all on the fiat currency system. what is fiat currency? simple it is not backed by anything other then the credit, so money supply does not matter, it is simply worth what the issuing central bank says it is worth. Iraq is approved by the IMF to be the 4th currency to be allowed to use the fiat system. so to sum it up, how much dinar is in circulation does not matter if it is all a house of cards!

Are you serious? Money supply doesn't matter? The US, China, and European Union are all faith based because they have established diverse economies and stable environments for their governments. Iraq's GDP is almost 90% oil revenues and their government is one of the most fragile around. They've still got bombs going off and are constantly fighting off the possibility of civil war so I wouldn't consider them a prime candidate for a fiat currency. That's why they're backing their currency100% with their foreign reserves. If you have a link to where the IMF said that I'd love to see it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Well, the original claim on the RV was around $3 to $4, right? That's how much the Dinar was before the invasion of Iraq. Therefore, it will RV back to that level. That's why everyone follows the IQD and bought in. Everyone was looking to multiply their investment a thousand times. If you invested around $1000, then your reward after the RV would be around $1 million.

Anything less would be negative thinking. Triple your money? Come on, guys and gals. Have you stopped believing?

If the economy can support a 10 cent RV, then it should support $1 or even $3. What has changed since we all bought our IQD?

In 1988, the Iraqi Dinar was $3.22. Sawilson states that it was $3.22 in 1994. No RD was ever discussed when all f this started. The Dinar will RV at $3.22.

I can only hope, and leave it in GODS hands.

• Upvote 1

honestly I would take ANYTHING higher than what it currently is right now...I mean dont get me wrong I want to see a good profit but time will tell and makes no sense sitting around and watching the clock....go about your daily duties and when Adam sounds the alarm, we all take the day off (paid!!!)

:reading-newspaper:

Goooooooooooooo RV!.....or RI (that would be GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeat!)

• Upvote 2