Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Has anyone heard from Old Sarge

Sweetybird

I'm not sure where to post this, so I took a guess. Just wondering if anyone has heard from Old Sarge lately??? Seels like he was in the VA last time I read one of his posts, and I'm hoping he's doing ok now, but it kinda worries me that I haven't seen any of his posts lately.

I'm not sure where to post this, so I took a guess. Just wondering if anyone has heard from Old Sarge lately??? Seels like he was in the VA last time I read one of his posts, and I'm hoping he's doing ok now, but it kinda worries me that I haven't seen any of his posts lately.

I heard he passed away a few weeks back, I believe he's in better place now.

How did yall hear of this???? That sucks.... RIP old friend....

Someone close to Sarge sent an email to a member that he was close to, it is true my friend. Sarge was prepared for it... he is sorely missed...... RIP Sarge.

• Upvote 2

Someone close to Sarge sent an email to a member that he was close to, it is true my friend. Sarge was prepared for it... he is sorely missed...... RIP Sarge.

Thanks Bama....... I found the goodbye thread... Can't believe i missed it... :(

For those that also missed it......

Here is an e-mail received by Stryker, which he shared with me, and he says he was very touched that people didn't forget a great man.

'Ol Sarge has gone to his fish camp in Panama.

He went down hill so fast after being released from hospital and those were his wishes. He has a friend with a 63' footer who volunteered to take him, made him comfortable and took him 'home' to the place he loves so much. Attache003 is there to be with him, so he will be well cared for. She, like the rest of us, loves him dearly and is a very strong person.

He passed his Dinar to us (Attache001 and myself) as stewards to see it through and make sure the proceeds go to the Veterans' Victory Village we've all been working so dilligently on together these past 5 years. She and I will do our level best not to misplace the trust placed in us...

It has been many days now since his goodbye's and we all miss him very much. His Faith, love and that wonderful, easy-going, down-to-earth sense of humour still rings as we endeavour to carry on without our shining star in our midst. Our easy-going grounded force, our compass.

He quietly and methodically made his world very small, cleared everything off his plate, made his peace with everyone and everything and got very introspective and quiet. He seems so happy and peaceful after cutting off all strings and responsibilities.

Even though we know him to be an incredibly deep charachter, he is, after all, that very simple, noble, down-home boy. I've never seen him happier since handing over and letting go of all things tangible, and, according to him was "burdensome something awful'....

I'll endeavour to get up to speed and honor his request/bequest by learning as much as I can about this whole Dinar business so I might do exactly as he would. And I appreciate the love, kindness and support you've all provided. So don't be surprised if one of us pops in from time to time to see how things are shaping up.

Please include him in your Prayers, he is truly one of the most gracious people I have ever known.

• Upvote 10

Here is an e-mail received by Stryker, which he shared with me, and he says he was very touched that people didn't forget a great man.

He went down hill so fast after being released from hospital and those were his wishes. He has a friend with a 63' footer who volunteered to take him, made him comfortable and took him 'home' to the place he loves so much. Attache003 is there to be with him, so he will be well cared for. She, like the rest of us, loves him dearly and is a very strong person.

He passed his Dinar to us (Attache001 and myself) as stewards to see it through and make sure the proceeds go to the Veterans' Victory Village we've all been working so dilligently on together these past 5 years. She and I will do our level best not to misplace the trust placed in us...

It has been many days now since his goodbye's and we all miss him very much. His Faith, love and that wonderful, easy-going, down-to-earth sense of humour still rings as we endeavour to carry on without our shining star in our midst. Our easy-going grounded force, our compass.

He quietly and methodically made his world very small, cleared everything off his plate, made his peace with everyone and everything and got very introspective and quiet. He seems so happy and peaceful after cutting off all strings and responsibilities.

Even though we know him to be an incredibly deep charachter, he is, after all, that very simple, noble, down-home boy. I've never seen him happier since handing over and letting go of all things tangible, and, according to him was "burdensome something awful'....

I'll endeavour to get up to speed and honor his request/bequest by learning as much as I can about this whole Dinar business so I might do exactly as he would. And I appreciate the love, kindness and support you've all provided. So don't be surprised if one of us pops in from time to time to see how things are shaping up.

Please include him in your Prayers, he is truly one of the most gracious people I have ever known.

Thx TonyDowntheShore.............Very appreciative of you letting us read this...........Ol Sarge made me cry againemot-angel.gif..........In a good way

• Upvote 3

Tony, thanks for the info... I know who to contact then :)

Thx TonyDowntheShore.............Very appreciative of you letting us read this...........Ol Sarge made me cry againemot-angel.gif..........In a good way

Littlefeet,

Here is tissue for ya :) I know how you feel about him. He definitely touched all of our lives... He is dearly missed but he is happy now, he is dancing and cheering... wish he could give us a phone call regarding the rv :)

• Upvote 2

It's hard to express how sad it makes me feel knowing he wasn't able to make it to the end of this dinar ride. But I know the ultimate journey he's taken is much more important. He's found the ultimate RV; a heavenly home free of pain, cares and worries. What more could anyone ask for? God bless him forever, and also the dear friends that saw him through his final days. He left a legacy through them that will finalize the last chapter of his life here on earth; a loving and giving one. Peace to you Sarge...

• Upvote 2

Sarge was definitely someone I was hoping to be able to sit down with and get to know in person. Had to love his humor, in his last message to me he suggested "PALIN-Nugent 2012" so he could sit up there and laugh his ass off.

• Upvote 1

I am so sorry he is gone, but wiith his health issues, I am sure he is more at peace and much happier now. He had the swiftest humor and gentlest, kindest heart of anyone I have ever known, and I will sorely miss him. . . . R.I.P., my friend.

I just had to share one of the last touching messages "Ol Sarge sent me. I helped him out a bit when he first joined and he was one of the most kindest gentleman I have ever met in a long time. He so much reminded me of my dad. I have to say that every time I see or read this thread I tear up.

emot-angel.gif

Rest In Peace Ol Sarge ***///

emot-angel.gif

(Quote)

It is always this gentleman's pleasure to defend the honour of such a great Lady. So dear you are to me for helping me the day I came here. And so much you've given me just by being YOU on these boards. Great Lady you are & shall remain in my eyes. Love, Yer 'Ol Sarge.

• Upvote 4

yep...Sarge will be missed, GOD bless him...I haven't read all the posts lately so dumb me didn't know our friend had passed...thanks to all the dinar vets for giving him a fitting and great farewell...blessings to each and everyone of you...great folks here!!!