Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gifting letter(s) - Notry would not sign???

p71rock

Is anyone have problem with you local bank Notary not wanting to notarize you gifting letter(s).

my story - I went to my local 53 bank. Ask to have some documents notarized. At first the lady was polite and looked over the first couple of documents and notarized them. Then she changed her tune after reading a gifting letter and stated that she could NOT and would NOT notarize the gifting letters I had. For these did not seem to be in her jurisdiction and she did not believe in what was in the letter. :o

Now on another note. I had helped a friend with here gifting letters for her family. she took the to here local Comerica bank and had no problem getting the taken care of. :lol:

Edited by p71rock

Is anyone have problem with you local bank Notary not wanting to notarize you gifting letter(s).

my story - I went to my local 53 bank. Ask to have some documents notarized. At first the lady was polite and looked over the first couple of documents and notarized them. Then she changed her tune after reading a gifting letter and stated that she could NOT and would NOT notarize the gifting letters I had. For these did not seem to be in her jurisdiction and she did not believe in what was in the letter. :o

Now on another note. I had helped a friend with here gifting letters for her family. she took the to here local Comerica bank and had no problem getting the taken care of. :lol:

I would start shopping for a different bank.

The only thing that is in her jurisdiction is, your signature. Anything else is irrelevant.

If you did well at Comerica bank, I'd go back there for your notarization.

Hope it turns out well for you.

All the notary is doing is notarizing that it is your signature she witnessed you signing on whatever document is involved. It matters not what that document says.

It is, however, within her perview to explain to you what that notarized letter or document says, and means. She wants to make sure you are signing something you understand. But it is NOT her job to stop you from signing anything and NOT her job to refuse to notarize something ... UNLESS she believes you do not understand what you are doing. If she suspects fraud or coersion she may refuse but should be telling you why.

If this isn't the case, find another notary.

:)

smee2

I have never questioned a document when notarizing. I do watch the person sign, make a copy of there photo ID and log the date and name in my book so if anyone questions the person who signed, I could go back and show that that was in fact the person who signed the document. Not sure exactly the reason unless she felt uncomfortable because it had to do with currency and she worked at the bank. I should not Notarize anything that I may have any connection with so she may have some type of distant connection being a banker. In my opinion, she sounds like a very professional person and she is not only protecting herself but you as well. I can refuse to notarize something if I believe I may be a party to it in anyway.

Just my humble opinion,

Carlasmile.gif