Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Claim rv now!

snoop1001

sorry DUDE you don't realize that Jesus was speaking to the unbeliever in most of these scenarios.........People who TRUST in their riches rather than the Lord, it's harder for that man to enter the kingdom than a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. Keep it in context here!

ummmmm - the young man kept all of the commandments. by the standard of the day he was a believer. I don't think you can make a statement like that based on the scriptures.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my heart is this:

It is not wrong to pray for blessings. it is not wrong to be blessed. if there were not Christ following business men/women and Christ following people of influence then the Cristian community's response to the worlds crisis would be mute and void. ministries of vision need people of wealth and influence to operate. that is not my qualm.

I have a distinct problem with people being so audacious as to demand and "claim" a blessing from God. those prayers are not asking God for anything - they are presenting God with a list of demands and using His words out of context as ammunition against Him. I have seen miracles as well. I am a living miracle. God has shown me more favor and blessing in one lifetime than one man deserves. The thought of approaching a loving Heavenly Father with a list of demands and saying "I think Your word says this and I'm here to claim it - give it to me now!!!!" breaks my heart. The story of the prodigal son should serve as a warning. The sons fortune was there. He knew it was eventually going to be His - he DEMANDED it and it ruined him. It's not wrong to pray and ask for something. but a fool makes a claim on what he is not promised. a fool makes demands.

Good stuff. But a person is a fool if GOD is not the center. GOD even instructed to "Command ye the works of my hands." All of your examples are for people who do not have GOD as the center of their lives. The prodigal son was "lost". He was unsaved. I am not lost. I am saved. I was a prodigal son before I received Jesus into my heart. Your post shows that you recognize GOD's hand in your life and that is wonderful. HE has been powerful in my life as well. And I loved this prayer thread. When those scriptures were quoted they were not twisted or saying what we "think" HIS Word said. They were saying exactly what HIS Word said. The same for Shanny's scripture verses. When we are speaking GOD's Word back to HIM, which HE instructs us to do, we are not claiming or demanding anything that HE hasn't already spoken to us. HE says my "word does not return to me void". Well it can't return unless we speak it back to HIM. Well I am not going to let a "rock cry out" for me. I am going to do the shouting.

Lastly, When Jesus said, "Ask and it shall be given you...","whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer..." ,"Ask of me whatsoever thou wilt..." each time HE used the word "ask", Jesus used the word "airew" meaning to "call for, crave, desire, require, or" now get this...."which is strictly a demand of something due." Jesus Himself was saying, whatsoever you know is due you, demand it, and it shall be given to you. Now according to the verses quoted I can know what is "due" me, and demand it. Jesus said so. When studying the Word it is helpful and even important to find out what the true meanings of the words(Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic) spoken are, so you can have a clear understanding of what GOD is actually saying. Then you are not approaching a loving Heavenly Father with what you "think" HIS Word says. "My people perish for lack of knowledge." GOD is lamenting the fact that HIS people die on the vine because they won't seek HIM, HIS WORD, and find out who they are in HIM.

To me all of the questioning about believing our Heavenly Father for prosperity hinges on Deuteronomy 8:18. It tells us the reason He wants us to prosper. Listen:

"And you shall remember the Lord your G_d, for it is He who gives you the power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as in this day.

So, our Heavenly Father actually gives us the power to get wealth..how? Well, by giving us good jobs, by allowing us to become educated, by teaching us how to invest and save and spend wisely. Why? So that He can use us and our wealth, if needed, to bring glory to Him. By feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, teaching the unlearned, building schools and hospitals and supporting missionaries all over the world. Those things cannot be done without money..it takes money to build a hospital and a church and a school and to pay for buses and cars and houses and huts and drill water wells and buy equipment to rebuild after a disaster. Money is necessary in this old world to continue His work. His Word continues to prosper and accomplish what He sent it out to do almost 4000 years ago. I, for one, am in agreement that this new wealth will come quickly...we have a lot to do. ;)

To me all of the questioning about believing our Heavenly Father for prosperity hinges on Deuteronomy 8:18. It tells us the reason He wants us to prosper. Listen:

"And you shall remember the Lord your G_d, for it is He who gives you the power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as in this day.

So, our Heavenly Father actually gives us the power to get wealth..how? Well, by giving us good jobs, by allowing us to become educated, by teaching us how to invest and save and spend wisely. Why? So that He can use us and our wealth, if needed, to bring glory to Him. By feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, teaching the unlearned, building schools and hospitals and supporting missionaries all over the world. Those things cannot be done without money..it takes money to build a hospital and a church and a school and to pay for buses and cars and houses and huts and drill water wells and buy equipment to rebuild after a disaster. Money is necessary in this old world to continue His work. His Word continues to prosper and accomplish what He sent it out to do almost 4000 years ago. I, for one, am in agreement that this new wealth will come quickly...we have a lot to do. ;)

fantastic. thank you for your candor and approach. amen.

I agree with you 200% in that we've all been blessed merely with the opportunity and WHEN (show some faith) the RV occurs we will be blessed once again. That's when we need to abandon the GREED and while securing our future render aide and small acts of kindness along the balance of our life's journey.

Let me share a saying that my wife found and it's rather profound and how true it is ... " God does notice us, and he watches over us, but it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." President Spencer W. Kimball

Best of wishes to all.

T-Dawg

i concur and agree with uncle mike. God will have a blessing poor out but, we have to do good and clean some of his kids that need help up.

i know with all that is happening around the world we all should feel the presence of gods heart.

do the right thing, God is !!

always your brother !!

Wow! Didn't Jesus say it is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to make it into heaven? Where in the original prayer of this post were the Iraqi people mentioned? Isn't the RV suppose to benefit the poor and impoverished there the most? Yet you go before God and say me, me, me. Outstanding christians, outstanding.

agree. but all we want is to be instantly rich. God is looking for righteous people to make Him famous. If we believe that God wants us to be rich and that he will do so then we are fools. Try telling that to the believers in other parts of the world. This "claiming" crap is asinine and cult-ish. I grew up in a church that taught all that garbage. people just had to claim their healing and God would heal them. we were all shocked when we went to their funeral. people just had to claim their finances would be better and God would take care of them. we were all shocked when we had to help them move because they had been evicted. People would claim their marriage was healed and we were all shocked to see them separate within the same year Faith is not wrong - improper use of scripture IS and people will be held accountable for passing lies as truth. My God is sovereign AND he is concerned. Moses was able to change the heart of God when it came to saving His people - not when it came to their comfort. Those who seek God to make them comfortable usually wind up fat. lazy. and eventually dead. He blesses us to make HIM famous - not so that we become self-sufficient and turn our backs on Him. Claiming something and throwing it in Gods face is the same as claiming you are skinny and not bothering to diet.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had experiences of people not having answered prayer. I was going to write a reply to you from my heart, but I see that keylime once again ( lol lol lol ) was reading my mind and he wrote exactly what I was thinking, so I'm not going to repeat it.

I have had miracle healing' s in my own family right in front of my eyes, so you got to me too late to try to convince me that healing's don't happen. Or that prayers don't get answered. My Son and Daughter-In-law got back together a few months ago after breaking up and filing for divorce and I give all the Glory to God for my hours of prayers and fasting were once again answered.

I wish you well. And please remember that God does look at our heart and it's impossible to please God without faith.....two very key elements to answered prayer.

This is exactly the kind of thinking that upsets me so much on here...relating scripture to this situation and specifically praying to God or Jesus to make the RV happen. There is no way on this earth God wants us to be rich...he wants us to be happy and learn what is important in life before we die and you actually learn that lesson best in the face of adversity and when you have nothing. Does that mean I want to be poor? Heck no! I bought Dinars and I want to cash in like everyone else and not worry about ever paying the bills again... and yes I would do charitable acts with it. But I would NEVER pray to God to make an RV happen or pray to be wealthy. He ultimately knows how I shall learn what I need to learn while I'm here. I pray to be HAPPY and to learn the things he wants me to learn and to be a better person. And may be if this "investment" doesn't turn out like everyone hopes, that is "His" answer to our prayers. It sure seems like there are a lot of people on here completely banking on this RV...as if this is their "plan A" and they don't have a "plan B". Well there's a chance it might not happen so instead may be we should all be praying that we are able to find contentment and joy either way...whether this happens or not.