Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

thank you to all veterans

ovarB11

You of all people have every right and privilege to voice your opinion and views. You gave more than most of us on this site in the cause of freedom and particularly the freedom of speech. You and your fellow warriors are our nations true heroes, and each one of us who call this country home owe you and your families a debt of gratitude. Being a son of immigrants, I was raised to deeply appreciate all the freedoms and blessings this country has to offer because of the sacrifices you and your comrades have made. I pray that God blesses you, your family, and all those who have worn the uniform that makes this country great. :eagle:

• Upvote 4

Thanks to you and all my brothers and sisters in arms.

OOOOHHHHH RRRRRAAAAAHHHHHH

SEIMPER FI.

We did what we did for love of God and country, to protect and preserve our way of life.

Some call us hero's, while others spit in our face. But it was for there right to an opinion

we fought and died for. Whether in some far off land or right here at home we served with

pride, dignity, and above all HONOR. We carry the scars of battle both emotional and physical

for the rest of our lives. But we shall never complain for it was what we were called to do. And do

it we did. And we can all say when we get to the gates of heaven,

The Soldiers Prayer

"And When He Gets To Heaven,

To Saint Peter He Will Tell;

One More Marine Reporting Sir,

I've Served My Time In Hell"

- Marine Grave inscription on Guadalcanal, 1942 :bravo::bow:

• Upvote 6

OvarB11, Thanks for the post, I too am a veteran, during the cold war era and served in the Navy for 6 years. I am glad I never saw combat, or never shed any blood. God Bless all the veterans, and especially the wounded, and all the families of the one who lost a loved one.

Timberwolf3, very moving picture. Can't imagine the pain and loss she is feeling.

God Bless us all.

WM13

• Upvote 2

I would also like to say thanks for all the Soldiers I currently serve with and will be spending our Holiday here in the Sandbox. I am here for yet another 12 hour shift, working 6 days a week, today it was 118* outside in the full sun. So, please enjoy the 4 day Holiday and have a cold one for me :)

SFC Army

Kuwait

• Upvote 1

I would also like to say thanks for all the Soldiers I currently serve with and will be spending our Holiday here in the Sandbox. I am here for yet another 12 hour shift, working 6 days a week, today it was 118* outside in the full sun. So, please enjoy the 4 day Holiday and have a cold one for me :)

SFC Army

Kuwait

How about an ice cold glass of sweet tea for ya.... you have know idea how much I appreciate you and your brothers and sisters in uniform.... God bless

• Upvote 1

I had to chime in on this. As a fellow Marine Vietnam Vet I salute all my fellow Marine Vets, i wiil not forget all who have worn their own colors. I salute all of you that have faithfully served our country in arms and least not forget all the civilians that given their lives as well. To all my fellow comrades both military and civilian that have made the supreme sacrafice my heart goes out to your families who celebrate this great day without you physically but in spirit. God has a special place for all of you. God Bless all of you. Do not be sad for God has them in Heaven. Semper Fi God Bless Hoorah

• Upvote 5

Thank you 11Bravo for your service and for all you bring to DV.

Thank you to all the verterans on DV.

And most importantly, thank you to all the soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Memorial day truely is a day for rememberance and solice.

Rangers Lead the Way.

All the Way!!

Edited by krome2ez

My grandson is a Ranger serving our great country and I do appreciate his efforts and those of all our service men and women. May God bless those who serve and those who have given their lives and limbs to keep us free. We have the greatest nation in the world and they keep it that way. Freedom is never free, for it must be paid for and they pay and have paid. God Bless them all!

Thank you for your service Bravo! I am proud to be an American and appreciate all those brave men and women who wear the uniform and serve to protect us! We all enjoy the freedoms you fought for and in some cases died for! I am truly grateful and will say a special prayer for the families of the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice! Thank you for the post bravo!

Edited by KCT

thanks 11Bravo....the B52 which is my avatar is the very plane I flew over Hanoi Dec 20 1972 when two of my friends and classmates paid the ultimate price for freedom,,,,like them I had an SA II (sam missile) locked on to my B52 but G-d IMO spared me because my work was not yet done...

two men in all of history have laid down their lives for you....Jesus of Nazareth that you might be free from sin's penalty and the American soldier, sailor, airman and marine that you might live free...

Bravo thank you for your service and this post...for those who REALLY want to know what is is like to be a survivor of the "hell called war" when others fell around you...I highly recommend

the HBO documentary "Wartorn" as a Fitting tribute to ALL who served but especially ALL who GAVE their ALL... :eagle::twocents:

• Upvote 2

This says it ALL!!!

memorial-day.jpg

In case you thought it was national BBQ day!!!:eagle:

It's not a National BBQ Day. Memorial Day is a day of peace to respect our family members and others that have served our country in the past, specifically our Vets that are deceased. My uncle is a former member of the USMC that served in the Vietnam war. He is no longer with us. I wish that he had not served in the War. His life would have been much different.

Thanks to all that have served our country and others!

Peace!

Edited by skitealwedrop

Ovar :)

Thank you for taking the time to write and remind us how precious freedom is and the sacrifice given to freedom is ultimate sacrifice. We "THANK YOU" for your service and to all servicemen and women out there and the ones who have served, our gratitude to you and may God bless you more and more. May we never forget the sacrifice and always appreciate what we have in the great country called United States of America. May God bless America and hats off to Ol' Glory for flying high in the sky :) You are still telling the world that we are living in the land of free and the home of the braves :)

You seem to say others who were worth more than you were taken. Why were you spared? You only gave a little blood? You were only injured? Disabled? Your sacrifice was not as great as theirs?

It is not the result of the sacrifice that is significant. It is the willingness to make the sacrifice in the first place. You made that sacrifice by stepping forward and saying yes, you were there. The bullet, the mine, the machete, the bombs ... they could have hit you. You could be a pile of bones in a casket buried beneath the soil you went to protect. There is NO reason you are not there except that it was not your time. It was their's.

Survivor guilt has done more harm to those returning home than any sniper's bullet or IED. It is a natural feeling. But it is one we must find a way to sublimate. We cannot let their sacrifice be for nothing by making ours less worthwhile. You are a hero, as is any man or woman who dons the uniform, takes weapon in hand, and travels to far off lands where people need you.

Don't ever consider your sacrifice less than ultimate. All soldiers make the ultimate sacrifice by standing for their country, their allies, their brothers in arms. They make the sacrifice by making the offer. Some offers are acknowledged but not accepted in full. Others are. Those are the ones who return in a flagged-drapped box, to the tears of their families.

Be strong. Be proud. Be humble. Be fair. Be constant. And when you are needed, be there.

smee2

• Upvote 7

SFC Army

Kuwait

Thank for your active service.

Keep your head down, and watch your buddies 6

11 Bravo

My grandson is a Ranger serving our great country and I do appreciate his efforts and those of all our service men and women. May God bless those who serve and those who have given their lives and limbs to keep us free. We have the greatest nation in the world and they keep it that way. Freedom is never free, for it must be paid for and they pay and have paid. God Bless them all!

Take comfort in knowing your Grandson is part of a brotherhood that will do anything to protect him.

Although we may be put in harms way at times, we as Rangers will always protect each other above all else.

Bad outcomes happen, but rest assured he will ALWAYS be protected by his brothers, as he protects them.

Make sure he knows this hold true after service, the time most of us need the help, and don't ask for it.

Rangers Lead The Way

11 Bravo

WORD Bravo... WORD! :tiphat:

547355_3726637678304_1046760257_3305202_1109347665_n.jpg

Whats Up My Brother

Bravo, you and all the others that have served have my eternal gratitude...

If I could only make you a Gator Fan

Thank you 11Bravo for your service and for all you bring to DV.

Thank you to all the verterans on DV.

And most importantly, thank you to all the soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Memorial day truely is a day for rememberance and solice.

Rangers Lead the Way.

All the Way!!

HOORAH

thanks 11Bravo....the B52 which is my avatar is the very plane I flew over Hanoi Dec 20 1972 when two of my friends and classmates paid the ultimate price for freedom,,,,like them I had an SA II (sam missile) locked on to my B52 but G-d IMO spared me because my work was not yet done...

two men in all of history have laid down their lives for you....Jesus of Nazareth that you might be free from sin's penalty and the American soldier, sailor, airman and marine that you might live free...

Bravo thank you for your service and this post...for those who REALLY want to know what is is like to be a survivor of the "hell called war" when others fell around you...I highly recommend

the HBO documentary "Wartorn" as a Fitting tribute to ALL who served but especially ALL who GAVE their ALL... :eagle::twocents:

Thank you for your service EagleEye

Thanks to you and all my brothers and sisters in arms.

OOOOHHHHH RRRRRAAAAAHHHHHH

SEIMPER FI.

We did what we did for love of God and country, to protect and preserve our way of life.

Some call us hero's, while others spit in our face. But it was for there right to an opinion

we fought and died for. Whether in some far off land or right here at home we served with

pride, dignity, and above all HONOR. We carry the scars of battle both emotional and physical

for the rest of our lives. But we shall never complain for it was what we were called to do. And do

it we did. And we can all say when we get to the gates of heaven,

The Soldiers Prayer

"And When He Gets To Heaven,

To Saint Peter He Will Tell;

One More Marine Reporting Sir,

I've Served My Time In Hell"

- Marine Grave inscription on Guadalcanal, 1942 :bravo::bow:

Thank you for your service

OvarB11, Thanks for the post, I too am a veteran, during the cold war era and served in the Navy for 6 years. I am glad I never saw combat, or never shed any blood. God Bless all the veterans, and especially the wounded, and all the families of the one who lost a loved one.

Timberwolf3, very moving picture. Can't imagine the pain and loss she is feeling.

God Bless us all.

WM13

Thank You for your service

I had to chime in on this. As a fellow Marine Vietnam Vet I salute all my fellow Marine Vets, i wiil not forget all who have worn their own colors. I salute all of you that have faithfully served our country in arms and least not forget all the civilians that given their lives as well. To all my fellow comrades both military and civilian that have made the supreme sacrafice my heart goes out to your families who celebrate this great day without you physically but in spirit. God has a special place for all of you. God Bless all of you. Do not be sad for God has them in Heaven. Semper Fi God Bless Hoorah

Thank you for your service Bobby

You seem to say others who were worth more than you were taken. Why were you spared? You only gave a little blood? You were only injured? Disabled? Your sacrifice was not as great as theirs?

It is not the result of the sacrifice that is significant. It is the willingness to make the sacrifice in the first place. You made that sacrifice by stepping forward and saying yes, you were there. The bullet, the mine, the machete, the bombs ... they could have hit you. You could be a pile of bones in a casket buried beneath the soil you went to protect. There is NO reason you are not there except that it was not your time. It was their's.

Survivor guilt has done more harm to those returning home than any sniper's bullet or IED. It is a natural feeling. But it is one we must find a way to sublimate. We cannot let their sacrifice be for nothing by making ours less worthwhile. You are a hero, as is any man or woman who dons the uniform, takes weapon in hand, and travels to far off lands where people need you.

Don't ever consider your sacrifice less than ultimate. All soldiers make the ultimate sacrifice by standing for their country, their allies, their brothers in arms. They make the sacrifice by making the offer. Some offers are acknowledged but not accepted in full. Others are. Those are the ones who return in a flagged-drapped box, to the tears of their families.

Be strong. Be proud. Be humble. Be fair. Be constant. And when you are needed, be there.

smee2

Thanks Smee

• Upvote 2