Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The First Genuinely Charming Public Marriage Proposal

yota691

By Hanna Rosin | Posted Saturday, May 26, 2012, at 7:10 AM ET

Already this year we've had the live tweeting marriage proposal and several jumbo-tron varieties, TV proposals and a botched food court serenade. Always they seem pretty coercive. Like, the dude is so insecure that he makes saying “no” an act of great public humiliation.

So I was delighted to see the very first truly charming public proposal. I would marry Isaac, if only because he has so many great friends. With his home-spun, down the driveway, Glee routine he seems less after glory than a beautiful sense of community.

:tiphat: Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 2

By Hanna Rosin | Posted Saturday, May 26, 2012, at 7:10 AM ET

Already this year we've had the live tweeting marriage proposal and several jumbo-tron varieties, TV proposals and a botched food court serenade. Always they seem pretty coercive. Like, the dude is so insecure that he makes saying “no” an act of great public humiliation.

So I was delighted to see the very first truly charming public proposal. I would marry Isaac, if only because he has so many great friends. With his home-spun, down the driveway, Glee routine he seems less after glory than a beautiful sense of community.

:tiphat:

This was definately staged. It was not a surprising moment. The girl sitting in the trunk of the car would have felt the movement of the car when the guy jumped in. She would have turned around a noticed who it was.

• Downvote 1