Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thank a Veteran this Weekend

paperboy

Adam popped into the chatroom this morning to say "thank you for your service to all of our veterans"

10:25 AM [bull Dog] I served in Iraq in 04 as the Brigade Chaplain's Assistant. We lost 7 soldiers there which I know is only a small piece of all the servicemen we lost over there. I am thinking of a few of thoughs soldiers today, and their families. Today is Memorial Day for me, there is nothing happy about it. These were young kids and I turned 50 over there. I sometimes wish it was me that the LORD took instead of them. They had so much to live for and most in there 20's and 30's. Today I will pray for all our service members both on active duty and retired, which I now am. I have a patch which I found on line which puts this all into perspective. Only 7% of Americans in this country have ever worn the uniform no matter which branch it was. They wore the uniform to protect the 100%. I am proud of my service to my country as we all are but today my thoughts are with thoughs we lost.

10:25 AM [Adam Montana] Bull Dog thank you for your service

10:26 AM [bull Dog] My pleasure.

10:27 AM [Adam Montana] I know we have many Vets here at this site. I plan on enjoying my weekend with my wife and some friends, doing some boating and bbq'ing... but I will also be taking some time to remember and honor those that have sacrificed for my freedoms

10:27 AM [Adam Montana] thank you to all of you Vets and families of Vets, both fallen and safely home, for all you have did and continue to do

10:27 AM [Adam Montana] kind of quiet in here this morning

10:28 AM [Adam Montana] looks like everyone is already out enjoying some sunshine!

10:28 AM [bull Dog] I am on the west coast and most are still in bed.

10:28 AM [Adam Montana] bunch of bums :lol:

10:28 AM [Adam Montana] :D:D

10:29 AM [Adam Montana] well, I just wanted to pop in and tell everyone to be safe and don't forget to thank a Vet every time you see one.

10:29 AM [Adam Montana] have a great day all!

10:29 AM [bull Dog] I know, beautiful day here today but the rain comes back tomorrrow.

10:29 AM [bull Dog] Have a great day.

• Upvote 3

From a retired veteran to all VETRANS, active duty and families members. I'm very proud to have served within the Military for over 20 years, but I wants to thanks the families members the most for their support that put many smiles on our soldiers faces. Thanks and I would do it all over again for this GREAT country....USA....USA...USA.

82th Airborne all the way.

• Upvote 3

Just a note of thanks and appreciation to all the brave, heroic, commrades of all the branches of our GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. As a Veteran, I served in the the USA Army and did my time in Viet Nam. Thank God for His Almighty Hand of mercy and protection that got me thru those long. lonely, and gruelling days of horrific war torn catastrophes. To my fallen brothers of VALOR and HONOR, I salute you and remember you and your families on this weekend of Victory and Freedom we celebrate. Thanks for the Blood of Christ that was spilled on our behalf at Calvary for our spiritual freedom and the blood spilled on homeland and foreign soil for our natural freedom. God Bless everyone on this Special Weekend.

• Upvote 4

I read today....those veterans that have medals should wear a ribbon in honor of a fallen vet who unfortunately cannot be thanked for their service and sacrafice. For those that can read these words and served. Thank You for your Service! take a moment out of your day to honor those who gave ALL. Stay safe

• Upvote 1