Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A fun poll. This was a heated debate in my family!

Danneedsrvnow

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is proper English?

• Many years experienced in janitorial/house cleaning
    • Many years experience in janitorial/house cleaning
    • or #

Hopefully everyone can be respectful with my posting. I had decided to post this because these two sentence structures were debated yesterday with a couple of my sisters & it became pretty heated. I was going to let it go, but I still feel I am right & they are wrong. Not really sure why I can't let it go, other than they were so convinced I was wrong. :blink:

Anyway....if there are any English teachers, please chime in.

So remember, although this is meant as a fun poll, I need answers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

the first one, "experienced" seems to sound broken almost like spanglish.

the second one, "experience" should have "of" in front of it.

On a cover letter or resume, you would not put "many", but a number (ex. 7) years "of experience".

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1

I understand about family heated debates, :lol: I think this is something that helps bring up positive feeling, instead of the pressure of waiting our journey out. To me the statement ( many years of experience) means to comply of/to years of hands on knowledge. While the phrase ( many years experienced) implies knowledge without hands on knowledge, not having worked in the field but believe to have knowledge of subject. IMHO :unsure: