Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

COULD THIS MEAN A HIGHER EXCHANGE RATE?

shabbadude

I'd like to propose theory.

If Iraq is now pumping out as much oil as they were in 1989, at a higher rate per barrel, and the dinar was worth $3.22 then, wouldn't it be reasonable to think it would be valued at least as high if not slightly higher that in 1989?

Add to that the fact that they are developing new fields and re-developing old ones, upgrading banking technology and increased investment in the infrastructure and housing sectors, would it be unreasonable to believe that Randy Koonce could be right and we will see an exchange rate of $3.41?

Here's a link:

My link

Maybe the $.86 - $1.00 rate could be a smokescreen. What do you think? :eagle:

• Upvote 9

If Iraq is now pumping out as much oil as they were in 1989, at a higher rate per barrel, and the dinar was worth $3.22 then, wouldn't it be reasonable to think it would be valued at least as high if not slightly higher that in 1989?

Add to that the fact that they are developing new fields and re-developing old ones, upgrading banking technology and increased investment in the infrastructure and housing sectors, would it be unreasonable to believe that Randy Koonce could be right and we will see an exchange rate of $3.41?

Here's a link:

My link

I see your thinking, and boy would it be great if that happened.

+1 from me and hope it happens.

Go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

It seems right, but also back then they were a recognized soverign country that had an internationally tradeable currency. If they would only quit dragging their feet. At least it seems like they're still headed in the right direction. Also, to me, an RV of .86 or even 1:1 is prayers answered.....any higher than that is a blessing indeed. We can only hope and pray that there will be a high RV rate. Thanks for the post. GO RV !!! B)

• Upvote 2

Wishful thinking and .......heres to hoping...

I could use 1.00 + but anything will be a profit other than where it was years ago when I jumped on this crazy ride :rocking-chair:

GO RV...... :soon:

• Upvote 1

I would assume the US Treasury would a price to RV the IQD at $.10 to the dollar. They will hold the IQD till such time the rate works for them and them they will cash in for Oil credits or make trillions upon trillions of USD and we only make pennies...

Sucks...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would assume the US Treasury would a price to RV the IQD at $.10 to the dollar. They will hold the IQD till such time the rate works for them and them they will cash in for Oil credits or make trillions upon trillions of USD and we only make pennies...

Sucks...

Why so down Buddy?

How would it benefit the UST and our bloated, greedy government to hold down the dinar? I'm thinking that a higher value (NOT a $48 oakie value) will benefit everyone concerned.

I'm coming at this from a perspective that Iraq is/will be a sovereign country, and our UST messing with Iraq's currency and internal economics would be akin to doing the same to England or Germany. I'm not saying it's impossible, just improbable.

So maybe the glass is half full..... :eagle:

• Upvote 1

Shabbadude. In 1989 it looks like oil revenues made up only 61% of Iraq's economy. Iraq's private sector looks to have been more prosperous than today. But the good news is Iraq GDP is 170B currenctly and expected to jump to 360B by 2015. I pray we see a dollar in 2012, but by 2015 looks like the skies the limit.

Iraq Economic Data (1989-2003)

Regime Finance and Procurement - Annex D

Under the rule of Saddam, economic data were considered state secrets; thus, reliable data for the era was limited. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit data (see Figure 6), Iraq’s GDP stood at roughly $38 billion in 1989, measured in constant 2003 dollars. From 1990 until Saddam accepted the terms and conditions of UN Resolution 986 in 1996 the GDP in Iraq remained at less than 30 percent of the 1989 value. In the 1996 to 2002 period, the data shows a gradual recovery as GDP increased from $10.6 billion in 1996 to $33 billion in 2000 before dropping back to $29 billion in 2001.

Per capita GDP during the period followed the downward trend seen in overall GDP. GDP per capita went from approximately $2304 in 1989 to $938 in 1990. From 1991 until 1996 per capita GDP never rose above $507. During this period income inequality was a problem as the wealth was concentrated in the hands of Regime loyalists and traders while most Iraqis subsisted on much less income.

In comparison to the estimates in Figure 6, the CBI published a statistical bulletin with GDP data in current prices (Figure 7). The data used in figure 7 were acquired in 2004 at the CBI. It should be noted that the validity or reliability of the data is unknown.

Because of the lack of specific economic data, it is difficult to disaggregate the Iraq GDP into sectors. It is estimated that in 1989 (Figure 8) oil comprised approximately 61 percent of the economy. However, following the invasion of Kuwait and sanctions on the oil exports, this steadily declined until 1996 when the UN OFF program allowed Iraq to resume controlled export of oil using UN approved contracts. The Agricultural sector of the GDP, although larger than some neighboring states, was quite small when compared to oil and services. Iraq’s fertile agricultural land covers about one-fifth of its territory and has allowed Iraq to sustain a noteworthy agricultural system that is based mostly on barley and dates.

https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/general-reports-1/iraq_wmd_2004/chap2_annxD.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/19/us-iraq-economy-gdp-idUSTRE81I07320120219

Turning $1000 dollars into, $860,000 or $1,000,000 is a smokescreen???

This is why I like the dinar and laugh at people who think its a scam / won't happen.

If an RV never happens, if I am horribly wrong and naive - I stand to lose about $200. $200. I probably spend more than that every year on Chocolate and Sweets - $200 (300,000IQD) has the chance to be worthless, or be worth $200, or be worth $300,000 (1:1 RV). Even if the chance is 1%, I think the bet of 300k for $200 a ticket is a good deal. Probably worse odds on the lottery - that everyone considers so fantastic.

• Upvote 1

I lost more in my 401K the last couple of years than I've spent on Dinar, yet I have, in my opinion, a MUCH better chance to make money with Dinar than in the good ol US of A. I figured that I might as well try to make some cash from foreign investments than continue to lose in the legalized gambling game called the stock market. Though my Dinar investment may not make me millions (or maybe it will???), I'm very confident that I'll come out way ahead and be able to pay off my debts and take a vacation or three.

GO RV...

• Upvote 1

Sucks...

Buddy, you are incorrect on this. I am working on my masters, I have taken several classes about international banking and finance. there are rule that state the currency must be within 15% of the issuing central banks rate. no country or dealer or bank can manipulate the spread more then allowed by international banking laws.

• Upvote 2

It seems right, but also back then they were a recognized soverign country that had an internationally tradeable currency. If they would only quit dragging their feet. At least it seems like they're still headed in the right direction. Also, to me, an RV of .86 or even 1:1 is prayers answered.....any higher than that is a blessing indeed. We can only hope and pray that there will be a high RV rate. Thanks for the post. GO RV !!! B)

Ummm, I think to RV they will be recognized as Sovereign & have a internationally traded currency

• Upvote 1

Why so down Buddy?

How would it benefit the UST and our bloated, greedy government to hold down the dinar? I'm thinking that a higher value (NOT a $48 oakie value) will benefit everyone concerned.

I'm coming at this from a perspective that Iraq is/will be a sovereign country, and our UST messing with Iraq's currency and internal economics would be akin to doing the same to England or Germany. I'm not saying it's impossible, just improbable.

So maybe the glass is half full..... :eagle:

And maybe it is going to overflow........ B)

It could but at that time Iraq didnt have to take a big hit with 30+ trillion dinars coming into the coffers for a pay out. :)

Iraq is not going to cash that all in, other countries will be using it, as a world reserve, backing their own currency, most of the dinar we hold will not make it back to Iraq for years if ever! so to be honest the amount they have in circulation is not an issue, just the amount they have in country, that will be in the local Iraqi economy!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's a link:

My link

+1

I've said before I believe it will be $3.41 - $4.00, but probably not higher than Kuwait and I stand by that. Thanks for posting.

• Upvote 1

Iraq is not going to cash that all in, other countries will be using it, as a world reserve, backing their own currency, most of the dinar we hold will not make it back to Iraq for years if ever! so to be honest the amount they have in circulation is not an issue, just the amount they have in country, that will be in the local Iraqi economy!

I like your thinking.........just not sure thats how it works

I see your thinking, and boy would it be great if that happened.

+1 from me and hope it happens.

Go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

WELL THEN THAT SOUND GOOD BUT REMEMBER THE RATE IE CONNECTED TO THE COUNTRY AS A WHOLE AND THAT WILL BE LOOKING AT EXPENDITURE AND ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF THE RUNNING OF THE COUNTRY CHEERS.MFNGPTYLTD

The Iraqis have already stated that is be around $ 1.00. This is what they have stated several times verbally & in numerous written reports and documents.

God Bless to ALL

Go RVVVVV

and the good doctor has also stated it will be higher then Kuwait, so again can't trust everything you read or hear!

• Upvote 1