Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How a little girl and 57cents changed history forever

Heavyduty053

Heavy, guess this is what I needed today as mine was starting off on the wrong foot early on. This story makes what I thought was a bad start and awesome one. Thanks for sharing . Jesus is surely the way to His everlasting Kingdom. Amen

• Upvote 1

Heavy, guess this is what I needed today as mine was starting off on the wrong foot early on. This story makes what I thought was a bad start and awesome one. Thanks for sharing . Jesus is surely the way to His everlasting Kingdom. Amen

Saint, this is just what i put these stories on here for, to lift up someone who is having a bad day.

Saint just what you said is part of the reason i put these on here for everyone. We all have had days like that and if one instance can bring new light to us it is all worth it. Hope all enjoys them.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Heavy for the story, I must say you usually come out with some fantastic stories, they always bring tears to my eyes. Keep up the good work, and thanks for all of your wonderful stories.

I try to bring the best i can find that i think would fit in with today trials.

• Upvote 1

As I wind down my day, which was an exhausting day and reason why... today I had both my parents in the ER this morning and just getting home. My sister rode in the ambulance that carried my father and I rode in the one that carried my mother. Both are doing okay now. But boy am I hanging by a thread. God is on my side and everything is in His hands.

Your story is a very uplifting story and it touched my heart. And it touched where I needed it most. God is working through you to bring such beautiful stories to us here. Your stories will have an impact on some of us here that will last a life time.

Yes your right God can move mountains through the willing. We just have to be willing to let Him work through us.

Yes this brought a tear to my eyes. Thanks so much for taking the time out to do this for us.

• Upvote 1

As I wind down my day, which was an exhausting day and reason why... today I had both my parents in the ER this morning and just getting home. My sister rode in the ambulance that carried my father and I rode in the one that carried my mother. Both are doing okay now. But boy am I hanging by a thread. God is on my side and everything is in His hands.

Your story is a very uplifting story and it touched my heart. And it touched where I needed it most. God is working through you to bring such beautiful stories to us here. Your stories will have an impact on some of us here that will last a life time.

Yes your right God can move mountains through the willing. We just have to be willing to let Him work through us.

Yes this brought a tear to my eyes. Thanks so much for taking the time out to do this for us.

Im so sorry to hear that your going through this with your parents hope they are doing ok...you are in my continued prayers..... :)

• Upvote 1

Thank you littlesam, all is well and thank you for caring. I don't mean to hijack Heavyduty's post. I would like the members to stay focused on his beautiful story. You can pm me if you like on my profile. Thanks again. Sorry HeavyDuty

[/quot

I don't think of it as that, these stories can be used in anyway to benefit anothers welfare. apology not needed. I do enjoy reading the replys that it has touched someone's heart and brightened their spirit just a little. I hope to plant more words in the hearts of many. God bless all who appreciate these stories.

• Upvote 1

Beautiful story. Maybe we all can do some amazing things in the near future for the less unfortunate.rolleyes.gif

I do believe the point of the story is that we can, each one of us, make a significant difference, regardless of how much we have. We don't have to wait for the RV to make a difference. You can make a difference right now, no matter how broke or impoverished you may feel. It won't take anyone on this site two years to save up fifty-seven cents. So, do what you can do and do it now. Then later you can do more. But please, don't wait.

Thanks for the beautiful story, and the beautiful lesson. With all the people who need to learn this lesson of giving what one has even when that isn't a large amount, people like us, who are waiting for a windfall, are ones who also need that lesson.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

The History of the 57 Cents :

Thanks for sharing the story -- It was / is awesome --

Whether we realize it or not every word that we say and every action that we do has an impact -- positive or not -- on those around us -- You may think that to the world you are just one person and cannot possibly make a difference -- but in reality -- to one person -- you could be the world -- as in this story -- Hope you enjoy - May we all reach out and make a difference today UNEEK :rolleyes:

I followed up on this through Google. I found a site that gives the

true (almost exact same) story of the 57 cents.

Then, following that to

the Temple Baptist Church site, and on to the Temple University Library

Archives, I was able to read (in The Temple Review, v21, no 7, Dec

1912) the pastor's actual sermon.

The statistics from then (1912) show

the power of God manifested through a simple true LOVE gift.

Powerful then; even more powerful now. If you want to read it for yourself, here is the link:

http://library.templ...ions/hattie.jsp

The actual "Acres of Diamonds" is now in the public domain. Here is a copy of the entire lecture by Russell H Conwell:

http://www.soilandhe...of.Diamonds.pdf

Blessings herz.pngUNEEK

• Upvote 1