Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Source: Najaf meeting gives three months to Maliki to adhere to Erbil agreement

http://alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10424:source-najaf-meeting-gives-three-months-to-maliki-to-adhere-to-erbil-agreement-&catid=35:political&Itemid=2

Source: Najaf meeting gives three months to Maliki to adhere to Erbil agreement

Saturday, 19 May 2012 19:35 | | |

Baghdad (AIN) –An informed source stated that the attendants of Najaf meeting may give the Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki, three months to adhere to the items of the send meeting of Erbil meeting.

Speaking to All Iraq News Agency (AIN), the source assured "The attendants will request Maliki to apply each item of the nine items within ten days."

"The attendants will hold another meeting after the end of the next three months to know whether the government is adherent to the agreement or not," the source added.

Last Friday, Sadr announced "Holding a meeting soon to accomplish the national project," denying "receiving a response from the Iraqi National Alliance over his message."

In response to question by one of his followers concerning whether he received a response from the INA over his message, which involved nine points, or not, Sadr assured "I did not received any response from INA," noting that "A meeting will be held soon to set the final touches to accomplish the national, democratic and uniting project," without naming the blocs which will attend the meeting or its place. /End/

It's just like any other news article that says "tomorrow", "soon", or "in the coming days"..... I have seen a few other articles stating they are giving Maliki 90 more days..Been in this almost 5 years, and it wouldn't surpise me at all if this went another 3 months.

Edited by thegente

I said a few days ago that Maliki would call their bluff and nothing would happen. If this article turns out to be true.......+1 for me. These guys are the biggest cowards I have ever seen, and that includes my ex-wifes boyfriend!

RSS

• Upvote 2

They're effectively telling m to do whatever the hell he wants... Thanks a**holes you just gave maliki license to be the dictator... Forget security getting done as long as he's in there. I think hes prolly gonny be supreme ruler for life... Can we get mr. Maliki an ied or an rpg... Stat... Thanks

Edited by cranster

Why am I not surprised... Maliki has just defeated the collective whole of the GoI. The only person that could possibly stand up to Maliki and win is Shabbs. All the TALK has proven useless. Maliki knows they won't do anything now. I suspect that Maliki is going through his own party to see who stood against him. I suspect there will be an increase of resignations and/or assassinations within this 90 day period. I definitely don't see an Arab Spring event in Iraq either primarily because Iraq is dominantly Shia and Maliki is a Shia. I do suspect that there will be an increase in sectarian violence though. Nope, no civil war over here. Just Sunnis and Shias killing each other all over again. Way to go, guys... EPIC.... FAIL!!!!

I've got to vent for a moment. This news just makes me angry.

With this extension and delay in dealing with Malaki, Malaki has now became even more powerful in every way. He now knows that the political blocks and political leaders do not have the will and/or the votes to remove him from office. Malaki = the new and improved Sadam Hussein.

Nothing will be done even after 3 months. Malaki called their bluff and he has won. Unfortunately, we will all watch as Malaki moves quickly, in 3 months or less, to consolidate power, and to remove any opposition that would/will challenge his authority. Talk is cheap and only actions truly talk. Malaki's acitons haven't been matching his words since he became Prime Minister. The Iraqis are pathetic, cowardly barbarians who have no morals or values beyond that of thieves; and they deserve what ever happens to them in the end.

For all of us unfortunately, who purchase the dinar, we are left to hold the bag and wait for a day that is now uncertain, unknown, and up in the air. The news articles don't even match up with what is really happening on the ground or really happening with the dinar; so we can't be certain of truth and reality versus fairy dust and ticker bell dreams. (This means more gurus and pumping to come; and I don't know if I can handle 4 more years of Okie, Frank, and the 3 Stoogies). We all know Shabibi wants a stable and completely formed Iraqi government. Dr. Shabibi's term, as CBI governor, is also coming to an end this year, and all indications are he will retire to Switzerland. His age alone, over 70, is pushing him to the door for retirement. I now do not foresee a RV for the remainder of Shabibi's term as governor of the CBI. Inflation will blot upward "in the coming months" (I'll use that phrase in Iraqi terms as it leaves everything open to uncetainty.... LOL); and whoever the new governor will be perhaps might RV, but the figure of 1 to 1 exchange (as an example) will change "not" in our favor in the end due to all of the economic pressures that will face Iraq; i.e. no investment due to a global financial collapse and depression, staggering and smothering inflation between 15% to 20% minimum, cash drains due to funds leaking out of Iraq to Syria and Iran, and a lack of dedollrization in Iraq which will tank the dinar in the end if left unchecked. We will get a rate change from the artificial program rate, but it will not be what we thought. The HCL law is up the air indefinitely now, no matter what some blow-hard MP from Parliament says; and the UN will not release Iraq from Chapter 7, because of the political instability and an incomplete, illegitamately formed government.

A massive regional war is coming to the middle east shortly, and I was hoping we would see an RV before that happened. Kurdistan wants desperately to have their own sovereignty and a civil war could be looming on the horizon; and it should be something we should all fear. To make matters worse, Biden and Obama are publicly on record in full support of a free and independent Kurdish state; as recently as when they were in the Senate and even shortly after they took over the executive branch of the government. Don't say civil war in Iraq is impossible. Anything in Iraq is possible and it is likely to happen at any time.

So much for a RV for now. In all my years of being invested and in hoping to see something this year, this article and the worthless Iraqis just peeve me off!

I suppose I am hoping in vane that if I put it in words, that it will somehow not happen.

Sorry for being the negative pessimist of the day.

Edited by PD46
  • Upvote 1

This is the 4th No Confidence Vote & the 4th deadline given to Maliki & will be the 4th no show. How many more ultimatums will he be given?

I agree Luigi1. Malaki will get as many as he wants. He's the dictator now.

This is the 4th No Confidence Vote & the 4th deadline given to Maliki & will be the 4th no show. How many more ultimatums will he be given?

Maliki just sits back with his feet up on the desk with a big cigar and laughs...Nothing and no one stands in his way now... He won... He now owns iraq!!!

Edited by cranster

Maliki just sits back with his feet up on the desk with a big cigar and laughs...Nothing and no one stands in his way now... He won... He now owns iraq!!!

Iran owns Iraq. Maliki looks out for Iran's intrests not the Iraqi people. The Iraqis need to wise up.

9 Issue = 1 issue sovled every 10 days which totals 90 days according 2 this!! Does this include Holidays!! :lol:

Out of those 90 days...89 days are official & new holidays. The one day will be wasted & taken as a No Confidence vote leaving all business unfinished. Unfinished till the next 90 days that is.

• Upvote 1

Iran owns Iraq. Maliki looks out for Iran's intrests not the Iraqi people. The Iraqis need to wise up.

Out of those 90 days...89 days are official & new holidays. The one day will be wasted & taken as a No Confidence vote leaving all business unfinished. Unfinished till the next 90 days that is.

I think the US needs a do over. We need a new president then we need to go back in and ****** out the entire goi and start from scratch.

I'm gonna need more than this one article, to believe this... Not that it couldn't be so, but one article stated ten days and then this one that says ninety... who knows what to believe, I'll wait and see what the rest of the day brings :blink:

I'm gonna need more than this one article, to believe this... Not that it couldn't be so, but one article stated ten days and then this one that says ninety... who knows what to believe, I'll wait and see what the rest of the day brings :blink:

I agree. There are way too many other articles saying that they are moving forward....wait, I will not use "forward" let's say ahead. (maybe Maliki's)